/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Redecorating?

aminahjaan
07-03-2008, 07:56 AM
:sl:

UGHHH my room looks like a friggin 5 year old who's obsessed with lavendar and princesses and hearts came in my room and went bannanas.
+o(
I want to redecorate it, but I'm not sure how to.
My room so far, is painted lavendar, um my bedsheets are purple and pink...ew..
and I like my carpets shade of purple. and I took down the kitten posters already haha.

Theme suggestions? Color suggestions. I'm creative but I need a liiiiiiittle help. :) haha thank you!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lonely Gal
07-03-2008, 12:05 PM
if your going to keep ur carpet, i suggest you use similar colours, and colours which complement it, use different shades of purples and possibly blues. Do u want more of a modern look, spacious? Id personally paint the walls, unless u get some really nice wallpaper. once that is done, have objects in your room that have colour and make your room bit more wow..

anonymous
07-03-2008, 08:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aminahgorilla
:sl:

UGHHH my room looks like a friggin 5 year old who's obsessed with lavendar and princesses and hearts came in my room and went bannanas.
+o(
I want to redecorate it, but I'm not sure how to.
My room so far, is painted lavendar, um my bedsheets are purple and pink...ew..
and I like my carpets shade of purple. and I took down the kitten posters already haha.

Theme suggestions? Color suggestions. I'm creative but I need a liiiiiiittle help. :) haha thank you!
EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSEZ MOIIIIII R U SAYIN THAT BEING GIRLY IS UGHHH

I DONT FINK SOOOOOO

AM 22 AND MY ROOM IS GORJUSSSSSSS PINKKKK

EVERYTHIN IS PINK 4RM D WALLPAPER 2 D PAINT D CEILIN THE FLOOR D CURATINS D BED D BIN D CLOK D CLOSETS D DRAWERS D TV N IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII LUVVVVVVV ITTTTTTTTTT

ONLY THING IS... I GTA CHANGE IT NOW :raging::raging::raging: COS AM GETTIN WED IN LKE A MUNTH N WE REDECORATIN D WHOLE HOUSE

BUT ME SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GNE GET PINK WALPAPER AGAIN

PINK ROKS BABY

OH IF U GUSY EREMBER I WAS A MEMBER ON DIS FORUM N I WAS KNOWN AS PINKYYYYY, ERRRRRRR PINK AND POSH, PINK PRINCESS.... AL SORTS COS I CHANGED MA USERNAME EVERY DAY AHAHAHAHA

BUT NWAYS

PINK ROKS GAL N U BETTER BELIEVE IT :D

Na7lah
07-03-2008, 08:56 PM
how can we forget ^ ;D u blinded me with your pink :p pink is nice for a room :D my room is pink but doesnt really look kiddish

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nájlá
07-03-2008, 08:58 PM
asslaam alkum

i like purple and pink too but i think u shouldnt use them colours cos the room will look too bright but u can if u want but u got to add other colours too.. i think u should use red,black,white for the room and ofcourse u got to match stuff up. soo if u paint the walls white. then u can use any other colours for the bed etc but if u use a wallpaper then everything will have to match the wallpaper. get it!

i personally like dark colours for bedrooms like brown, black but ofcourse u dont go over the top with dark colours or bright colours mix them up.
but the important thing is that everything matches. this way it will look nice.

i'll try and get an example.

Nájlá
07-03-2008, 09:04 PM
something like this

anonymous
07-03-2008, 09:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421
how can we forget ^ ;D u blinded me with your pink :p pink is nice for a room :D my room is pink but doesnt really look kiddish
LOL salaams sis hope u gud :D:D:D:D:D

SIS NAJLA NO OFFENCE BT DAT ROOM ABOVE ME IS MINGINNNNNN AHAHAHHAHHA MY ROOM ROXXXXX

anonymous
07-03-2008, 09:19 PM
I Lub D Leopard Print Thing Tho Luks Like Ma Shoes Lolololol

Nájlá
07-03-2008, 09:23 PM
lol
am 14 and i dont like pink as much as u do.

poor little girl wants to have a pink bedroom.
this is for u all pink like the way u want. lol

MunirAhmadKamil
07-03-2008, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by najla93
lol
am 14 and i dont like pink as much as u do.

poor little girl wants to have a pink bedroom.
this is for u all pink like the way u want. lol

Assalamu alykum
ouch..my eyes heheh.

some colours encourages some moods..eg red usually make u more hyper/agressive.

id suggest blue..its calming:P

Nájlá
07-03-2008, 10:16 PM
assalaam alkum
lol
yeh blue is a nice colour too. but i would not choose pink for my bedroom.

Güven
07-03-2008, 10:19 PM
I suggest green AND pink :X :

Tania
07-04-2008, 04:31 AM
Don't go for dark colours. I will paint the walls soon but i choose colours like yellow, pink and... i have to think.

aminahjaan
07-04-2008, 06:52 AM
something like this

I'm lovin the cheetah print!
And all the ideas keep em coming! :D
My carpet shade is a VERY dark purple like plum sort of
So I'm thinkin it adjust to pretty much every color.

aminahjaan
07-04-2008, 06:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSEZ MOIIIIII R U SAYIN THAT BEING GIRLY IS UGHHH

I DONT FINK SOOOOOO

AM 22 AND MY ROOM IS GORJUSSSSSSS PINKKKK

EVERYTHIN IS PINK 4RM D WALLPAPER 2 D PAINT D CEILIN THE FLOOR D CURATINS D BED D BIN D CLOK D CLOSETS D DRAWERS D TV N IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII LUVVVVVVV ITTTTTTTTTT

ONLY THING IS... I GTA CHANGE IT NOW :raging::raging::raging: COS AM GETTIN WED IN LKE A MUNTH N WE REDECORATIN D WHOLE HOUSE

BUT ME SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GNE GET PINK WALPAPER AGAIN

PINK ROKS BABY

OH IF U GUSY EREMBER I WAS A MEMBER ON DIS FORUM N I WAS KNOWN AS PINKYYYYY, ERRRRRRR PINK AND POSH, PINK PRINCESS.... AL SORTS COS I CHANGED MA USERNAME EVERY DAY AHAHAHAHA

BUT NWAYS

PINK ROKS GAL N U BETTER BELIEVE IT :D

Lol yes...pink...
I dunno I'm not very "gurlllly"
Have any of you seen juno?
Well her room rocked
It was funky..
I'm probably going to paint my room different colors like stripes on one wall
and like a solid color on the other and what not.

aminahjaan
07-04-2008, 08:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
I suggest green AND pink :X :

Green and Pink is a nice combination...I agree. I might use that.:thumbs_up

anonymous
07-04-2008, 01:52 PM
lol
Am 14 And I Dont Like Pink As Much As U Do.

Poor Little Girl Wants To Have A Pink Bedroom.
This Is For U All Pink Like The Way U Want. Lol

Dats Gorjus But My Room Is Way Better, Im Not Even Being Funny- How Do I Upload Pix Of Ma Room N Dat

aminahjaan
07-04-2008, 06:04 PM
^^
Show mee!!

Do you have an account on Photobucket.com?
Or on tinypic you don't need an account
so take some pics and upload them on tinypic.com
and paste em here
I'd like to see :)

anonymous
07-04-2008, 08:57 PM
^^
Show mee!!

Do you have an account on Photobucket.com?
Or on tinypic you don't need an account
so take some pics and upload them on tinypic.com
and paste em here
I'd like to see :)
;) wil do wen i get d chance

but my room gna be ripped apart like VVVVVVV SOON cos we re decoratin 4 ma weddin ;( will miss ma ROOM so bad ;(((

aminahjaan
07-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Update!
Okay I decided.

The bedding: Drumroll.
http://www.target.com/DwellStudio-Ta...e=1&rh=&page=1

It might look oldschool, but I'm into classical designs.

Wallschemes:

On two walls Damask Wallpaper: http://www.ukhomeideas.co.uk/images/...-wallpaper.jpg

On the other wall: Brick red color http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2182/...22e3b8.jpg?v=0

the other wall: White with brown stripes...? I'm not sure about that one..

Cabdullahi
07-25-2008, 10:38 PM
I have blue wallpaper in my room blue duvet with flowers and stuff,i also have the most dull bed sheets ever!! no carpet jus wooden floorboards, so basically i dont pay much attention to decorating ,my room is simple enough for me to sleep,pray in and dip in and out blindfolded during the day cus the wallpapers are kinda reflective similar to what cyclists wear at night

aminahjaan
07-25-2008, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
I have blue wallpaper in my room blue duvet with flowers and stuff,i also have the most dull bed sheets ever!! no carpet jus wooden floorboards, so basically i dont pay much attention to decorating ,my room is simple enough for me to sleep,pray in and dip in and out blindfolded during the day cus the wallpapers are kinda reflective similar to what cyclists wear at night
Lol, girls are so much different. I pay attention to my room. Specially when I have nothing to do I just chill there.

anonymous
07-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Update!
Okay I decided.

The bedding: Drumroll.
http://www.target.com/DwellStudio-Ta...e=1&rh=&page=1

It might look oldschool, but I'm into classical designs.

Wallschemes:

On two walls Damask Wallpaper: http://www.ukhomeideas.co.uk/images/...-wallpaper.jpg

On the other wall: Brick red color http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2182/...22e3b8.jpg?v=0

the other wall: White with brown stripes...? I'm not sure about that one..
:enough!::enough!::enough!::enough!::enough!::enou gh!: No commentttttttt:X:X:X watever tickles ya fancy lol

Cabdullahi
07-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Lol, girls are so much different. I pay attention to my room. Specially when I have nothing to do I just chill there.
Sounds like obsessive compulsive disorder to me:rollseyes

aminahjaan
07-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Sounds like obsessive compulsive disorder to me:rollseyes
what do I say to that? Yeah it probably does sound like I have OCD. looooooooooooool
But seriously, I DO need a change in my room. Those princesses and flowers will come and choke me. And I won't be on this forum anymore.

Cabdullahi
07-27-2008, 07:08 PM
what do I say to that? Yeah it probably does sound like I have OCD. looooooooooooool
But seriously, I DO need a change in my room. Those princesses and flowers will come and choke me. And I won't be on this forum anymore.
Ok just decorate it as you wish but do not over spend,inshallah , maybe you could do an islamic theme, i dont know?

aminahjaan
07-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Ok just decorate it as you wish but do not over spend,inshallah , maybe you could do an islamic theme, i dont know?
hmm Islamic theme? That would look pretty tight. Yeah I most def won't over spend I'm using my own money. I'm painting it and everything. And target isn't really expensive compared to the overpriced crap you can get from the mall. Plus it's something I can do this summer. So that works out nicely.

anonymous
07-27-2008, 07:24 PM
i REdecorated my room n man it luks gorjusssssssss

pink of course ;)

aminahjaan
07-27-2008, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
i REdecorated my room n man it luks gorjusssssssss

pink of course ;)

Why am I not surprised? =p
lol

whatever floats your boat, but I'm just not a pink person :)

truemuslim
07-27-2008, 08:42 PM
get a nice carpet over your carpet..what do ya call em? rugs? yeh yeh worreva and then get one of dem thangs that u hang up in ur wall. the islamic things. it got a kaaba and alll...and then emm......put qurans behind glass :p
setup a shelf with ISLAMIC BOOKS and give all them other crappy loser geeky books to the beautiful hungry garbage! and...hmm...and dont listen to what i say ok?

OR

leave it. its only a room. who actually pays attention to there room. olololol ok sorry but yah , i thought its for sleeping and ...and...emm.............stuff..
i dunno i dont pay attention to my room much and its just so ugly (but CLEAN)like the wall is yellow (ugh) the carpet is pinkish (i cant tell, thats how ugly :p) the curtains are...i forget! and the bed is just so sickkkk, as in dull sick!
but hey im livin . i dunno i dont care much for decorations of anything but my profile page :p

Nájlá
07-27-2008, 10:06 PM
aww sis amina dont listen to them all. do NOT do ur room PINK.
themones that u chose u good go for them

S_87
07-27-2008, 10:34 PM
my room is rem and dark red. No one likes it because they say my room is too dark :( but i love it! the colours go nice.
Also try black and white, brown and cream, and ive seen a bedroom thats lime green walls and accessorised in hot pink. Surprisingly, it looked quite nice.
or go for some soft lilacish colours.
What type of colours do you usually like?

Nájlá
07-27-2008, 10:38 PM
cool u like the colours that i like. and dont listen to no one dark colours are really nice. i cant wait till i redecorat my bedroom

Na7lah
07-27-2008, 10:46 PM
my rooms red and black but i dont really care bout how it looks as long as its clean lol

Cabdullahi
07-27-2008, 11:08 PM
my room is fluorescent blue :( ,its so bright and yuk!

Tania
07-28-2008, 04:57 AM
my room is fluorescent blue :( ,its so bright and yuk!
Its not tiresome for the eyes :? My room will be pink and red :)

aminahjaan
07-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Hey I have a quick question, I've heard putting pictures of people in your house is haram. I have a bunch of pictures in my room tho.

Re.TiReD
07-30-2008, 08:54 PM
:salamext:

Copy me :D My room is pink with everything pine inside of it, :D then I got pinkness on the walls and ...well my mum tells me off for it being untidy, but it aint untidy, its erm...'lived in'...:p

EDIT: Same thing fishter, dont have pics in your room either

:wasalamex

aminahjaan
07-31-2008, 05:56 AM
Awh no pics? Well, there goes all the pictures....no more bob marley and Che Guevara pics or any of the pictures with my friends and me.

Cabdullahi
07-31-2008, 07:51 PM
Awh no pics? Well, there goes all the pictures....no more bob marley and Che Guevara pics or any of the pictures with my friends and me.
keep those pics but in a drawer and buy new pictures of whatever you girls like,flowers?

Na7lah
07-31-2008, 07:55 PM
rolling pin? :muddlehea

Cabdullahi
07-31-2008, 07:58 PM
opps,,,, im being abit cheeky sorry

Re.TiReD
08-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Lol who's Bob Marley? Dont be having up pics of no punks fishter, else ima come get ya maself :p

aminahjaan
08-02-2008, 11:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
Lol who's Bob Marley? Dont be having up pics of no punks fishter, else ima come get ya maself :p
Bob marley....genius.

sangeeta
08-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Pashmina color is nice, and would possibly go with your carpet if you are not going to replace it.The color is by dulux.
Home base do a nice color I have used in my bedroom called toffee creme and its a warm yellowish color that always makes me feel fresh.Remember to test colors first as it depends on the lighting you have both natural and artificial.

aminahjaan
08-07-2008, 09:51 PM
goodd idea...but as far as lighting goes, lol my bulb broke and I don't even care....hahaha as long as the fan works cuz I live in a desert...

but Yeah I really like warm colors except PINK I HATE PINK :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!