/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Don't know answer - please help

WaAlaikum
07-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Dear fellow muslims,

I am doing some Dawah and I am facing a question which I do not know how to answer. The question is "Considering that in our scripture (2:282) is the only phrase that mentions (for financial transactions only) that 2 women as witnesses are equal to one man, how come it has happend inside the muslim countries that they have made this idea (2 women = 1 man witness) sometimes apply to all other areas of life?"
Some of the nonbelievers quote a Hadith where the prophet (saaw) said that the reason of women is incomplete and, therefore, because of their lack of reason they cannot make good witnesses. Someone please help.

Is this just deviation of the future generations and schools of thought or do we really think that 2 women witnesses equal to one man witness in areas other than financial transactions?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
07-03-2008, 02:24 PM
:sl:

Thread Approved

This thread may help, Insha'Allah. :)

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.