/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New Anwar Awlaki Lecture - Dreams and Dream Interpretations

Ibn Al Aqwa
07-03-2008, 05:13 PM

Dreams and Dream Interpretations

Allah Almighty says: “Behold! Verily on the friends of Allah there is no fear, nor shall they grieve; those who believe and guard against evil. For them are glad tidings, in the life of this world and in the Hereafter.”

The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) explained the glad tidings of the life of this world to be dreams. He said it is: “the good dream that a Muslim sees or is seen for him”

The world of dreams is an amazing and intriguing one. The early scholar of Islam Ibn Qutaybah says: “There is nothing that people deal with from the different sciences that is more obscure, delicate, exalted, noble, difficult, and problematic than dreams, because they are a type of revelation and a kind of prophethood”.

CD1: Seventeen Rules of Dream Interpretations
CD2: Dreams in the Quran and Hadith
CD3: Dreams of the Companions and examples of interpretation from the book of Ibn Qutayba

Purchase Lecture

lol i bet everyones gagging for a download link ...

Buy it and support the muslim businesses inshaa'Allaah, the time and money they spend producing this quality stuff ...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abu_Muhammad
07-04-2008, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Ghurabah
[CENTER]

lol i bet everyones gagging for a download link ...

Buy it and support the muslim businesses inshaa'Allaah, the time and money they spend producing this quality stuff ...
:-)

we do as much as our pocket allows ...

m102313
07-04-2008, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu_Muhammad
:-)

we do as much as our pocket allows ...
lol, i guess everyone says that.

Questfortruth
07-04-2008, 08:39 PM
I personally have a problem with creating islam into a business. If we allow this trend of scholars to record lectures and make money. More people will become scholars for all the wrong reasons. Islamic knowledge should be free. If Islamic knowledge is suppose to have price. Then how do the poor get the knowlege?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Questfortruth
07-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Time in the path of Allah should be priceless.

m102313
07-04-2008, 09:27 PM
I think they charge for the quality of the lecture/video and the beautiful Jewel CD cases :D, it's just a way of getting back the money for the labour cost.

:w:

Ibn Al Aqwa
07-05-2008, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Questfortruth
I personally have a problem with creating islam into a business. If we allow this trend of scholars to record lectures and make money. More people will become scholars for all the wrong reasons. Islamic knowledge should be free. If Islamic knowledge is suppose to have price. Then how do the poor get the knowlege?
Assalamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaah.

You know, if we all thought like that, the islamic society would collapse. Its easy to say, and when you look at it from one angle, your bound to come to a similar conclusion, but when you look at it from different angles, you'll realise that that logic just dosnt work in todays age. If everyone thought like that, all the Islamic Schools would shut down, because no one would want to teach, because there would have no income. If our scholars didnt make money, how would they feed their family? Who would clothe their children? Everyone has to make a living. Its not about creating islam into a business. Businesses like these are perfectly halaal and you wont find a scholar who is against them. Its when the issue of copyright arises then their is a difference of opinion.

Islamic knowledge has never been free. There was always a price. I was just in a Jum'uah Khutbah yesterday, and one of the salaf, has spent 30,000 dinars on the education of his son. Every penny paid off. There is ajr i spending in the way of Allaah.

BlissfullyJaded
07-05-2008, 05:33 PM
:sl:

It's not the knowledge you're paying for, because that is priceless. You're paying for the labor and effort that goes into producing it. It takes a lot to do things, and to expect it for free is unappreciative. Those who have the money should pay...

$17.95 is like £10, which is not a lot of money at all for 3 CDs which I'm sure has a lot of info.

Souljette
07-05-2008, 05:34 PM

True Say brother Abu Ghurabah...I didn't even know lectures could be downloaded free until I got introduced to forums otherwise I have many CDs of Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki mashallah these brothers need the money and if we can spend money elsewhere why are we hesitating to pay for something that can help the brothers as well as us..Yes maybe because of our situations but that is it ..Inshallah do help

Ibn Al Aqwa
07-05-2008, 07:39 PM
It's not the knowledge you're paying for, because that is priceless. You're paying for the labor and effort that goes into producing it.
No not really.

Only in this case, but that dosnt always apply. You do pay for knowledge .For example, you pay for in tuition in schools.

$17.95 is like £10, which is not a lot of money at all for 3 CDs which I'm sure has a lot of info.
Again, you narrowing it down to just this, a normal person, can listen to lets say at least 10 lectures in 2 weeks. I could listen to that set over 1 day. Its £10 for one day. 10 Lectures can cost about £100+ and i could listen to them in 1 week. So basically its £100+ for 1 weeks of lectures. In my opinion, the price isnt justified, i dont mind them charging enough to make a reasonable profit, but the charges are too high.

It is good to support the businesses, and those in a position to should do it, as a college student, i dont have that kind of money in my back pocket...

BlissfullyJaded
07-05-2008, 08:33 PM

Yeah, I was narrowing down to this case, cuz it's all not necessarily general. There are a lot of exceptions in these cases, and ways to get around it all. Not all Islamic universities charge tuition. Umm al Qura, Madeenah Uni, and Imaam Muhammad do not, and they provide the student with an allowance as well as the ticket to go back home for the summer. There are other places that do provide for a student if they are eligible... It depends on the individual and institutions and organizations do take that into consideration when they approached.

17.95 for 3 CDs = $5 / £2.5 per CD. I don't see that as a lot given the benefit... I understand your situation, and I'm in the same situation, but I also do understand the cost of most of the CDs I've seen...

Ibn Al Aqwa
07-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Assalamau 'Alaykum

For those that cant afford it, download from here inshaa'Allaah.

http://fisabeelillah.com/lectures/anwar-awlaki/

.: Jannati :.
07-12-2008, 08:16 PM
:salamext:,

Ahh SubhanAllah How Could I have Missed This?!!! *eek* jazaak`Allahu Khayran for posting!!

YusufNoor
07-22-2008, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Questfortruth

not that you need to be told this, but just chipping in my two cents.

ANYONE can download most lectures theses days, most Shaykh's just ask that IF you can afford to purchase them that you do. this IS between you[or whoever] and Allah[swt].

as for me, i actually prefer to purchase what i can. i see it as spending money in the way of Allah[swt], which is a good thing; especially with dvds, i'd rather watch something on my TV[as i ONLY use for dvds] then be cramped in front of my old crappy pc!

as for cds. sometimes i download them and if i really enjoy them, the purchase them as cdr don't always play too well in my car.

i agree that Islamic knowledge should be free! but if i really enjoy someone, ie, Bilal Philips, then i enjoy purchasing the dvds! i reckon i get more ajr if i buy something to use for daw'ah or naseehah than i do if i nicked it!

i actually think that MORE time should be spent on making Islam a business! i see MANY MANY dvds and cds for sale in "Halal" stores in which EVERYTHING they sell are PIRATED copies! Muslims ripping off Muslims! [May Allah protect us!]

if they were a PROPER market then MAYBE more Muslims would have a choice between buy kuffaar entertainment or getting to purchase valuable Islamic information.

but this IS a pet peeve of mine!

you may now return to your regular programming...

junaid11
07-29-2008, 11:47 AM
lots of Anwar Awlaki lectures in this torrent collection: http://www.mininova.org/get/1066049 . You'll need something like utorrent to download it.

limitless
08-07-2008, 02:17 AM
hes a bad scholar and person in my opinion :P. im against him though.

YusufNoor
08-07-2008, 03:35 AM

who's a "bad scholar and person" and what is your evidence?

Na7lah
08-07-2008, 04:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by limitless
excuse me?!

Trn2allah
09-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Assalamu Alaikum
Just read this thread now, Alhamdulilah Fisabeelillah.com has got some of Anwar Aulaqis excellent talks Maa Shaa Allah I hope we can all benefit from this site and Allah accept the humble efforts of the people involved...

Aameen

Trn2allah
09-15-2008, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by limitless
What do you class as a bad scholar?? He is a really good scholar and he isnt afraid to speak the truth even when it is bitter...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.