/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ashamed young man looking for repentance

yasin
07-04-2008, 12:17 AM
Dear forum users,

I come to you at a time of desperation.

I'm so ashamed at my actions but I feel i should own up. I have on two occassions hit my dog quite badly. I feel so awful and i love my dog so much. I stopped when the dog yelped in pain and I feel so disgusting. I don't know why I did it, i'm not proud. I don't want to blame anything thats happened in my life on my behaviour.

What can i do for repentance on these actions and please how can i seek help from Allah for helping me rid these evil impulses. I'm under so much pressure and stress at the moment i feel like i'm losing my grip.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aminahjaan
07-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Wow, poor dog. Well if you think you will hit your dog once more, maybe it's best you give him away because harming animals like that is haram. On the flipside when you are good to them you get a lot of reward. If you think you have self-control I say keep him.

------
07-04-2008, 08:54 AM
:salamext:

The scholars mentioned the conditions of repentance, based on aayahs from the Qur’aan and ahaadeeth. There follows a list of some of them:

1 – Giving up the sin immediately.

2 – Regretting what has happened in the past.

3 – Resolving not to go back to it.

4 – Making amends to those whom you have wronged, or asking for their forgiveness.

You should not forget other important matters connected to sincere repentance, such as:

1 – You should give up the sin for the sake of Allaah and not for any other reason such as not being able to do it or repeat it, or being afraid of what people will say, for example.

The person who gives up a sin because it may affect his standing or reputation among people, or because it may cost him his job, cannot be described as having repented.

The person who gives up sins for the sake of his health and strength cannot be described as having repented, such as a person who gives up zinaa (adultery) and immoral actions for fear of contagious deadly diseases, or for fear that they may weaken his body and his memory.

The person who refrains from taking a bribe for fear that it may be being offered by undercover officers cannot be described as having repented.

The person who gives up drinking alcohol and taking drugs because he has become bankrupt cannot be described as having repented.

Similarly, the person who is unable to commit sin because of something that lies beyond his control cannot be described as having repented, such as a liar who becomes paralyzed and loses the power of speech, or an adulterer who loses the ability to engage in intercourse, or a thief who has an accident and loses his limbs. In such cases, a person has to feel regret and stop wishing to commit sin, or he has to feel sorry for what has happened in the past. To someone like this the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Regret is repentance.”
(narrated by Ahmad and Ibn Maajah; Saheeh al-Jaami’, 6802)

> Continue reading here InshaaAllaah <

------
07-04-2008, 08:56 AM

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...s-actions.html

Merged?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Souljette
07-04-2008, 05:07 PM
:sl:

A muslims not even supposed to have a dog in the house unless for specific reasons like guarding the house which is outside the house still ...angels do not come where dogs are

Liberalization
07-04-2008, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Souljette

A muslims not even supposed to have a dog in the house unless for specific reasons like guarding the house which is outside the house still ...angels do not come where dogs are
Souljette, while I'm not certain the validity of your allegation that “angels do not come where dogs are,” but there is substantial literature on questions ascertaining to whether or not it is haraam to keep a dog in the house for reasons outside of hunting, farming, & protection. There are a handful of Prophetic hadiths that forewarn Muslims of canine contact, while others necessitate displaying kindness towards animals in general, alongside declaring the admissibility of housing dogs in various contexts. Moreever, it's also commonly accepted that some of the Prophet's companions kept dogs for farming &, in some instances, fun & pleasure.

Furthermore, the question on the permissibility of accommodating dogs whose sole intent is to incite fun & pleasure is answered outright & forthwith by Kamal Badr, a scholar of Islam. “The basic rule in Islam is the permissibility of keeping dogs for hunting and guarding. Still, the exception to the rule is: excessiveness must be avoided as much as possible. The care and concern for human beings should take higher priority over the care of animals, and the reward for that is greater” (Dogs in the House, Reading Islam.com).

With that being said, it warrants housing dogs who're not being kept for purposes other than hunting, farming, protection, &c. if the care given unto them is rationed & prioritized.

Eeman
07-04-2008, 06:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Souljette

can i ask something... i have heard so many tmes that if you have photos in the housethen angels dont enter the house if you have a dog in the house then angels dont enter the house...

now what i dont understand is this... who records every action every thought every deed or every word we utter or think? In th Qur'an it states angels and also how they are always with us to record. now so does that mean that if a person is at home who has a dog in the house and photos those angels wont come to record his doings and actions cos they cant come in the house?

Liberalization
07-04-2008, 06:43 PM
salam

eeman, i don't think it's fair to subject souljette to the questions you've written up, seeing as how she was either oblivious to or unacquainted with, in large part, the hadiths & qur'anic verses that permit housing dogs for amusement & companionship alone. & with this in mind, her knowledge on angels may be akin to her knowledge of whether or not dog accommodation is haraam. now, knowing this, do you think she'd be able to accurately give satisfying answers to the inquiries you've set forth? while i'm not saying souljette is completely ignorant to the subject matter, i feel your question be best directed towards someone who's established a more complete & islamically sound understanding of all that appertains to angels. i realize i may be exaggerative in my assumption, but i'm only looking out for souljette, basing my opinion off the unwitting nature of her post, but am essentially suggesting you redirect your questions to someone of a more scholarly stature.

wasallam

Eeman
07-04-2008, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Liberalization
salam

eeman, i don't think it's fair to subject souljette to the questions you've written up, seeing as how she was either oblivious to or unacquainted with, in large part, the hadiths & qur'anic verses that permit housing dogs for amusement & companionship alone. & with this in mind, her knowledge on angels may be akin to her knowledge of whether or not dog accommodation is haraam. now, knowing this, do you think she'd be able to accurately give satisfying answers to the inquiries you've set forth? while i'm not saying souljette is completely ignorant to the subject matter, i feel your question be best directed towards someone who's established a more complete & islamically sound understanding of all that appertains to angels. i realize i may be exaggerative in my assumption, but i'm only looking out for souljette, basing my opinion off the unwitting nature of her post, but am essentially suggesting you redirect your questions to someone of a more scholarly stature.

wasallam
okaaaaaaaaaay

salam alaikum

my question was not intended for souljette nor was i expecting her to answer it is simply used her qoute to address my question. so there is a misunderstanding there but i understand what your saying so thank you for the little essay,
jazak'Allah khair.

------
07-04-2008, 06:57 PM

Please do not take the mick out of the poster. If you have nothing constructive to say then don't post. Jazaak Allaah Khayr.

Liberalization
07-04-2008, 06:58 PM
ah, sister eeman, i apologize for my misunderstanding. i read your previous post as being directed towards sister souljette. my mind saw a “you” in between “can i ask” & “something.” now that that's settled, insha'allah someone will address the questions you've propounded.

Liberalization
07-04-2008, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

Please do not take the mick out of the poster. If you have nothing constructive to say then don't post. Jazaak Allaah Khayr.
who is this intended for?

------
07-04-2008, 07:05 PM

can i ask something... i have heard so many tmes that if you have photos in the housethen angels dont enter the house if you have a dog in the house then angels dont enter the house...

Correct.

Ibn 'Abbas, may Allah be pleased with them, reported:
Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a picture.

Hadith number in Sahih Muslim [Arabic only]: 3929

Source

who is this intended for?
Generally.

Souljette
07-04-2008, 07:34 PM

I think I came a bit too late into seeing the replies in this thread anyways Bro Liberalization thanks for taking the time to write what you have and I have read that Dogs aren't allowed to come into the house as angels do not enter that house. I read the same hadith and others that Sis Serene has posted up and yes I also have read about the kindness that the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) has said to show to animals. I know the hadith about the prostitute whose sins are forgiven because she gives water to a dog and how the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) loved cats mashallah...but I read that dogs aren't allowed unless under certain circumstances which I mentioned in my last post...which is huntin, guarding, farming and they can be kept but outside the house.

Eeman
07-04-2008, 07:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

look sister serene just like you asked me not to reply to your posts and i havent til now i would much appreciate if you did the same.

open your eyes use those brain cells inside your brain....
your name was not mentioned nor were you even brough up in the question... if you could answer my question then contribute with knowledge is not then i dont want to hear it, but somehow you always have something to say to someone so use your own advice IF YOU HAVE NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO SAY TO NO ONE then i suggest you zip it.

i cannot and will not tolerate you simple as so you my dear are on ignore!!!!

Liberalization
07-04-2008, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eeman
look sister serene just like you asked me not to reply to your posts and i havent til now i would much appreciate if you did the same.

open your eyes use those brain cells inside your brain....
your name was not mentioned nor were you even brough up in the question... if you could answer my question then contribute with knowledge is not then i dont want to hear it, but somehow you always have something to say to someone so use your own advice IF YOU HAVE NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO SAY TO NO ONE then i suggest you zip it.

i cannot and will not tolerate you simple as so you my dear are on ignore!!!!
salam

sister eeman, sister serene already addressed the question as to who her original statement was directed towards, in which she answered, “generally.” now, unless i missed something, or she directed a comment towards you that was below my level of consciousness, no where does she say that you are the sole beneficiary of her comment. your lack of tolerance toward her is disheartening, sister. i see nothing wrong with someone always having something to say, & you may think i have no idea the context of your tiff with serene, but i lurk these boards daily, i see what is said by every party, & i know how the both of you go about engaging in variants of conversation. rather than continue to sling mud, why not work towards a resolve. simply ignoring sister serene does nothing to abate the hostility between the two of you. i'm not taking sides, not in the slightest, but sister eeman, seeing as how sister serene's comment wasn't directed towards you, yet you've decided to take it as such, go off on a proverbial tantrum, which ultimately lead to you ignoring her, i can't particularly say you're in the right. but, i also can't say you're in the wrong. but, i can say that there's a better course of action in which both of you can either get closure & understandably speak no more to each other, or even resolve whatever petty conflict has arisen & created the schism between the two of you. there's many more significant matters at hand than a sophomoric rivalry between the two of you & one of you'd be able to realize this simple fact & act accordingly. as is, insha'allah, sister eeman, you'll in some way work with sister serene to clear up any infantile issues between the two of you. lastly, all of this is meant with the utmost respect, as i solely wish to see tolerance amongst the users of this forum, rather than insipid intolerance.

wasallam

'Abd al-Baari
07-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Assalamu Alaykum,

Just a kind note to all, let us stay on topic Insha'Allah, also let's not make personal attacks against one another and please do not use any offensive language on the forums.

JazakAllah Khayr and back on topic please :)

WaAlaykumus Salaam Warahamtullahi Wabarakaatuh.

Liberalization
07-04-2008, 10:18 PM
salam

i apologize, brother abdul baari, but i felt compelled to address various points that had arisen betwixt all that was being said back & forth between various users. i've said what i've intended to say & will say nothing more on the matter. & insha'allah, brother yasin's questions will be answered, considering the previous posts by sister serene did not clear up the matter & ease his mind.

wasallam

Eeman
07-04-2008, 10:39 PM
salam

sister eeman, sister serene already addressed the question as to who her original statement was directed towards, in which she answered, “generally.” now, unless i missed something, or she directed a comment towards you that was below my level of consciousness, no where does she say that you are the sole beneficiary of her comment. your lack of tolerance toward her is disheartening, sister. i see nothing wrong with someone always having something to say, & you may think i have no idea the context of your tiff with serene, but i lurk these boards daily, i see what is said by every party, & i know how the both of you go about engaging in variants of conversation. rather than continue to sling mud, why not work towards a resolve. simply ignoring sister serene does nothing to abate the hostility between the two of you. i'm not taking sides, not in the slightest, but sister eeman, seeing as how sister serene's comment wasn't directed towards you, yet you've decided to take it as such, go off on a proverbial tantrum, which ultimately lead to you ignoring her, i can't particularly say you're in the right. but, i also can't say you're in the wrong. but, i can say that there's a better course of action in which both of you can either get closure & understandably speak no more to each other, or even resolve whatever petty conflict has arisen & created the schism between the two of you. there's many more significant matters at hand than a sophomoric rivalry between the two of you & one of you'd be able to realize this simple fact & act accordingly. as is, insha'allah, sister eeman, you'll in some way work with sister serene to clear up any infantile issues between the two of you. lastly, all of this is meant with the utmost respect, as i solely wish to see tolerance amongst the users of this forum, rather than insipid intolerance.

wasallam

Dear brother honestly jazak'Allah khair from the bottom of my heart, thank you i mean that, but sister serene simply made it clear to me never to reply to her posts through a harsh message and i am inclined not to, and do as she asked, i have nothig against her but my simple wishes were that i'd expect the same from her. if you leave someone alone no one else has the right to bicker at you, and no it was not general, sister serene was directing that at me. since accordingto her i never have anything constructive to say. fair enough her views but its best if she keeps them to herself.:)

Muhammad
07-04-2008, 10:54 PM

Members are reminded not to abuse both the AnonymousGender facility and the anonymous account. Using them to post off-topic and unnecessary things let alone inappropriate content is totally unacceptable, and anyone found doing so will be banned from the forum. Please bear this in mind and act responsibly.

Kas1m
07-05-2008, 07:42 AM
This could be a cause of depression. You do things like this for no reason. If your under too much stress. I was a victim of this too but Alhamdulillah i have recovered. More worse if you tell your family and they dont believe.

------
07-05-2008, 07:57 AM
Dear brother honestly jazak'Allah khair from the bottom of my heart, thank you i mean that, but sister serene simply made it clear to me never to reply to her posts through a harsh message and i am inclined not to, and do as she asked, i have nothig against her but my simple wishes were that i'd expect the same from her. if you leave someone alone no one else has the right to bicker at you, and no it was not general, sister serene was directing that at me. since accordingto her i never have anything constructive to say. fair enough her views but its best if she keeps them to herself.:)

My post was general, not intended at anyone. I'm sorry if you feel it offended you.

Snowflake
07-05-2008, 08:35 AM

now what i dont understand is this... who records every action every thought every deed or every word we utter or think? In th Qur'an it states angels and also how they are always with us to record. now so does that mean that if a person is at home who has a dog in the house and photos those angels wont come to record his doings and actions cos they cant come in the house?
asalam alaikum wr wb,

The angels assigned for recording our deeds are/have to be with us all the time. If they leave us due to a dog being present, they wouldn't be able to record care/abuse of the animal in the person's care. Therefore these angels do not enter a house separately depending on whether there's a dog there or not, but are with us at all times. The angels who 'enter' houses maybe those who bring Allah's blessings, barakah or to witness the worship of Allah subhana wa ta'ala? Sorry, I do not know details but angels have ranks and are assigned to different tasks by Allah swt.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb

continuing about keeping dogs in the house...

There is nothing wrong with bringing a dog into the house if it is ill/injured to give it the best care possible if it is not possible elsewhere because in Islam necessity dictates exceptions as long as you do not trangress the limits. There's a hadith about a prostitute who was forgiven for showing mercy to a dog in distress and caring for it in her home.

It is keeping a dog as a pet in the home that is prohibited. Dog saliva is najis and one is not able to tell where it might have come in contact with. It is not logical that a muslim should be conscious of cleanliness at all time and purify himself before prayer and then let a dog roam around the place at the same time.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb

Al-Zaara
07-05-2008, 01:32 PM

Selam aleykum we rahmetallahu, sister Eeman

I will try to explain how I have understood the matter, note though I don't have the qualifications to answer this with proof and such, but thought it would be better to share my personal understanding rather than leaving you there hanging. InshaAllah I'm doing the right thing and if someone has got proof, or further read for you, they will bring them forth, bi'idhnillah.

As you know, there are a great number of angels and of all sorts. The hadith is used in general sense, that no barakah will be in the house were a dog is, which angels bring (barakah) when entering a Muslim house.

"That is a house that is robbed of the angels blessed presence, protection and dua. And when Angels are not there, most likely devils and jinns will find refuge." [source] "Raqeeb and Ateed - the two angels on the right and left shoulder of every person, recording their good and bad deeds are always with us." [source]

They are not something you "summon" when doing something good, as in the sense that angels come to bless.
They (the Kiraman Katibeen, "The Noble Writers"; Raqeeb and Ateed) are always present, so you must see them as exceptions for this hadith.

And if I have said something wrong or false, may Allah subana we ta'ala forgive me and grant me knowledge. Amiin.

we Allahu Aleem.

------
07-05-2008, 01:34 PM

Correct.

Ibn 'Abbas, may Allah be pleased with them, reported:
Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a picture.

Hadith number in Sahih Muslim [Arabic only]: 3929
Source

Al-Zaara
07-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Furthermore, the question on the permissibility of accommodating dogs whose sole intent is to incite fun & pleasure is answered outright & forthwith by Kamal Badr, a scholar of Islam. “The basic rule in Islam is the permissibility of keeping dogs for hunting and guarding. Still, the exception to the rule is: excessiveness must be avoided as much as possible. The care and concern for human beings should take higher priority over the care of animals, and the reward for that is greater” (Dogs in the House, Reading Islam.com).

With that being said, it warrants housing dogs who're not being kept for purposes other than hunting, farming, protection, &c. if the care given unto them is rationed & prioritized.
To add to this great post, also for example for the blind, deaf, person on a wheelchair or someone suffering from other kinds of illness in which a dog can bring much help, is allowed, inshaAllah. [source]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.