/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Less than two months until Ramadhān!

mutlib
07-04-2008, 09:20 AM
:sl:

Asalam O Alikum

Ramadhan is around 31st august/1st sep

just under two months to go...:D:D:D:D:D

I pray Allah(swt) gives us life long enough to see the next Ramadhan
Ameen

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
07-04-2008, 09:27 AM
:salamext:

Alhamdulillah. Can't wait! Ameen to the du'a.

MunirAhmadKamil
07-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Assalamu alykum

ameen and lets hope it will not be our last.

Güven
07-04-2008, 10:25 AM
:w:

Ameeeeen To the Dua , I cant Wait :laugh:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khaldun
07-04-2008, 11:00 AM

As soon as Ramadan finished, for the next 6 months the salaf used to make dua that Allah accepts this past ramadan, and the following 6 months they used to make dua to Allah that He makes them live until the next ramadan.

Ali.
07-04-2008, 03:01 PM
If you are going to miss fasting by purpose, will you have to do it later on through the year and will the reward by lessened?

suffiyan007
07-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Eid mubarak comin' after Ramadhan...can't wait for it....Aidilfitri and fasting month!

Khaldun
07-04-2008, 10:59 PM

You are not allowed to miss out a day of fast without a legitimate reason.

suffiyan007
07-04-2008, 11:12 PM
i know that folk.! thanks for the reminder...!

'Abd al-Baari
07-04-2008, 11:17 PM

I can't wait, Ramadhaan is so exciting! There really is nothing like the month of Ramadhaan.:D

Allahuma Baariklana fee Rajab wa Sha'aban, wa Balaghna Ramadhaan..Aameen!

Nájlá
07-06-2008, 10:49 AM
asalam alkum
ameen to the dua's above.
i can't wait for Ramdan. these two months are taking too long.
so is ramadan on the 1st sep?
thats what it says in other sites

north_malaysian
07-07-2008, 12:39 AM
Ramadhan! Ramadhan! Ramadhan!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

truemuslim
07-07-2008, 01:34 AM
Oh mashallah, ramadhan is near! Cannt wait!
the best time of the year.

format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

As soon as Ramadan finished, for the next 6 months the salaf used to make dua that Allah accepts this past ramadan, and the following 6 months they used to make dua to Allah that He makes them live until the next ramadan.
Mashallah, Jazakallah khair bro, inshallah we can do just like them! :statisfie

ok or mayb half as good as them :statisfie

Ali.
07-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Umm... I don't get it.

Why is everyone so happy that Ramadan is near? Is there something I don't know? :-[

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the reminder didnt realise, we should start to prepare for it.

Nájlá
07-07-2008, 03:13 PM
[quote]Umm... I don't get it.

Why is everyone so happy that Ramadan is near? Is there something I don't know? [quote]

come on its ramadan everyones fav month.
its were muslims gather around do more ibadh. dont tell u dont like that

'Abd al-Baari
07-07-2008, 03:16 PM

Abu Hurairah reported that the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:

"Ramadaan has come to you - a blessed month. Allaah has made it obligatory on you to fast in it. During this month, the gates of heaven are open, the gates of the Hellfire are closed and the evil devils are chained. To Allaah belongs a night in it, which is better than a thousand months. Whosoever is prevented from its good, then he has been deprived."

This hadeeth is reported by Ahmad and An-Nasaa'ee. See Ahmad Shaakir's checking of the Musnad (no. 7148) and Saheeh at-Targheeb wat-Tarheeb of al-Albaanee (1490) as well as Tamaam-ul-Mannah (395)

Ali.
07-07-2008, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Baari

Abu Hurairah reported that the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:

"Ramadaan has come to you - a blessed month. Allaah has made it obligatory on you to fast in it. During this month, the gates of heaven are open, the gates of the Hellfire are closed and the evil devils are chained. To Allaah belongs a night in it, which is better than a thousand months. Whosoever is prevented from its good, then he has been deprived."

This hadeeth is reported by Ahmad and An-Nasaa'ee. See Ahmad Shaakir's checking of the Musnad (no. 7148) and Saheeh at-Targheeb wat-Tarheeb of al-Albaanee (1490) as well as Tamaam-ul-Mannah (395)

وعليكُم السلام

So that means no shaytan? And which is this night?

Nájlá
07-07-2008, 03:22 PM
yeh no shaytan he's locked

'Abd al-Baari
07-07-2008, 03:24 PM

So that means no shaytan?
It was proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When Ramadaan begins, the gates of Paradise are opened, and the gates of Hell are closed, and the devils are chained up.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3277; Muslim, 1079. According to al-Nasaa’i: “The most evil jinn are chained up.”

This does not mean that the devils have no influence at all, rather it indicates that they become weaker in Ramadaan and are not able to do what they are able to do at times other than Ramadaan.

It may be interpreted as meaning that the ones who are chained up are the most evil devils, not all of them.

Al-Qurtubi said: If it is said, how come we see many evil actions and sins being committed in Ramadaan, for if the devils were chained up, that would not happen?

The answer is that (evil actions) are reduced on the part of those who fast meeting all the conditions of fasting and paying attention to the etiquette of fasting.

Or some of the devils – namely the most evil ones – are chained up, not all of them, as previously mentioned in some reports.

Or it may mean that evil actions are reduced in Ramadaan, which is something that we can see. Even though evil actions happen in Ramadaan, they are less than at other times. Even if all of the devils were to be chained up, that does not mean that no evil action would happen, because there are other causes of evil action besides the devils, such as evil souls, bad habits and the human devils.

From Fath al-Baari.

And which is this night?
The Night of Al-Qadr occurs in the last ten nights of Ramadaan during an odd night (i.e. 21st, 23rd, 25th, 27th or 29th). However the scholars differ as to if it is fixed to one of these odd nights every year or if it changes every year to a different odd-numbered night.

The stronger opinion is that, it in on the 27th of Ramadhaan

And Allah Knows Best :)

Ali.
07-07-2008, 03:30 PM
JazakAllah Khair bro'... Never knew that.

It's annoying though; Ramadan starts on my first year of GCSE Studies, could it be at a worse time? Ah well...

'Abd al-Baari
07-07-2008, 03:35 PM

WaIyyak akhee :)

And don't worry too much, in the first month of school, they won't expect too much, Insha'Allah. Look forward to Ramadhaan, theres no month like it!

Protected_Diamond
07-07-2008, 03:37 PM
good news - insha' Allah will make the most of it.

truemuslim
07-07-2008, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
Umm... I don't get it.

Why is everyone so happy that Ramadan is near? Is there something I don't know? :-[

aw cmon man dont be like that!
Its the holy month! What happened to you?
Ramadaaaan! :statisfie
all the quran reading, taraweeh prayers, fasting, and the last ten days! :statisfie

BlackMamba
07-20-2008, 12:22 AM
Ya come on Ali how can you not be looking forward to ramadan.

Faye
07-20-2008, 01:18 AM
One and a half months to Ramadaan means half a month to exams.:'(

But, after exams we get half of Sha'ban, all of Ramadaan and half of Shawwal off.:statisfie

And Ramzaan + Eid are very, very, very fun.

truemuslim
07-20-2008, 02:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faye
One and a half months to Ramadaan means half a month to exams.:'(

But, after exams we get half of Sha'ban, all of Ramadaan and half of Shawwal off.:statisfie

And Ramzaan + Eid are very, very, very fun.
exams? you mean school?
yah defidently. aww u so took away my energy just remembering school hehe :thumbs_do

oh well, no matter when ramadan is, its the BEST
sooo close. and better yet, i dont get to do ramadan in america!! Yayyyy a true ramadan for me :p

BlackMamba
07-20-2008, 06:30 AM
Who cares bout school its not even that hard

adeeb
07-20-2008, 07:01 AM
ramadhan... a month that u will never experience the same in the other months

qassy!
07-21-2008, 01:46 AM
To be quite honist this is the first time in my WHOLE 18 years life im looking forward to it.

north_malaysian
07-21-2008, 01:52 AM
May God bless all of us in this forum this Ramadhan!!! Amin!:D

Can somebody do a Ramadhan countdown?

truemuslim
07-21-2008, 02:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian

ameen!

Sure i be the countdown sis
but i get paid. or else
:p

ABOUT 43 DAYS LEFT!

qassy!
07-21-2008, 02:25 AM

bruv calm down!! about 2 months, let it get down to 1 month then the countdown will come out!!

BlackMamba
07-21-2008, 03:16 AM
Well its coming real close I mean only bout 40 days left. Getting kinda scared cuz of taraweeh I still havent started reviewing.

north_malaysian
07-21-2008, 04:09 AM
I love walking back from the mosque after taraweeh prayers with my mum and sisters ....looking at the moon and the stars in the sky...nights of Ramadhan are different than ordinary nights....very calm.

BlissfullyJaded
07-21-2008, 05:13 AM

Yikes...it feels like yesterday last Ramadhaan ended. This year really flew by for me. Ahh, I can't wait for Ramadhaan!! Everything is so peaceful about it...and the sunsets / sunrises are alwayss pretty.

School starts a week before Ramadhaan for me too, but I'm not really fussed. The first four weeks are not really stressful, and besides what better month to start off the semester and make dua that I do well in my classes.

Ameeeen!

And may Allah make it easy on all those who will be leading Taraweeh, make them amongst those who always uphold the Quran, and reward them for their effort. Ameen!

Nájlá
07-21-2008, 10:14 AM
ameeeen

Simply_Logical
07-21-2008, 10:20 AM
ameen,
peeps is it me or has the year just gone so so fast?

Nájlá
07-21-2008, 10:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simply_Logical
ameen,
peeps is it me or has the year just gone so so fast?
nah its me too
yeh the year has went really fast. it feels like last ramadan has only just finished

truemuslim
07-21-2008, 03:48 PM
yah defidently. feels like we just finished ramadan like last month. but yayyyy its back again!

Al-Hanbali
07-21-2008, 04:04 PM
:salamext:

SubhanAllaah, the year really has just flown by; cant believe how fast its gone.

Quote:

Ameeeen!

And may Allah make it easy on all those who will be leading Taraweeh, make them amongst those who always uphold the Quran, and reward them for their effort. Ameen!
Aameen!

Simply_Logical
07-21-2008, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by najla93
nah its me too
yeh the year has went really fast. it feels like last ramadan has only just finished
bet ramadan will fly by too! :rollseyes

truemuslim
07-21-2008, 04:09 PM
bet ramadan will fly by too! :rollseyes
lol

no matter how fast it "flies by" its gonna be amazing. YOu will enjoy the beauty and repenting of ramadan, which is undescribable!! :statisfie

Nájlá
07-21-2008, 04:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
lol

no matter how fast it "flies by" its gonna be amazing. YOu will enjoy the beauty and repenting of ramadan, which is undescribable!! :statisfie
yeppie

Simply_Logical
07-21-2008, 04:15 PM
lol

tru say,
the fasts are gonna be longer this year :D

Nájlá
07-21-2008, 04:31 PM
tru say,
the fasts are gonna be longer this year :D
the first day were gonna start eating i think 8:00 pm

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-21-2008, 04:39 PM

I CANNNTTTTTTT WAIIIIITTTTTTTT INSHALLAH! I'm sooo exciteddddddddd. Ramadhan starts when my classes begin lol. Omg, I just realized Imma be opening my fast in class :o I have a night class lol. Ok gotta take my rug with me too lol. Ameen to all the duu'aaaassssss.

Simply_Logical
07-21-2008, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by najla93
the first day were gonna start eating i think 8:00 pm
i just looked at last years timetable,
(iftari) openin time for the first fast was 7:31pm,
so 8pm sounds about right lol :D

BlackMamba
07-21-2008, 07:26 PM
In your cities/masjids do they follow the moon sighting, or the preordained moon cycle to determine Ramadan/Eid. Because in my city in America everyone is so confused becasue some Mosques follow the moonsighting and some just go by the schedule

ayan333
07-21-2008, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven

I CANNNTTTTTTT WAIIIIITTTTTTTT INSHALLAH! I'm sooo exciteddddddddd. Ramadhan starts when my classes begin lol. Omg, I just realized Imma be opening my fast in class :o I have a night class lol. Ok gotta take my rug with me too lol. Ameen to all the duu'aaaassssss.

i cant wait either...Alaxmdulilah this is my first year in which ive felt like this...maybe because my recent increase in knowledge and love for my DEEN!!!!!!
but we're not there yet, May ALLAH (SWA) let us reach the Holy month of Ramadan for this year and for many more to come,Insh ALLAH..Ameen

truemuslim
07-21-2008, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
In your cities/masjids do they follow the moon sighting, or the preordained moon cycle to determine Ramadan/Eid. Because in my city in America everyone is so confused becasue some Mosques follow the moonsighting and some just go by the schedule

Ya well my masjid is stupid like that. Like they're supposed to follow saudi arabia in going that way, but they go there way, which is by whatever schedule they want :raging:

ayan333
07-21-2008, 07:38 PM

yes m here in the u.s too...asfar as i know we jus follow this
http://www.islamicfinder.org/

ayan333
07-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Ya well my masjid is stupid like that. Like they're supposed to follow saudi arabia in going that way, but they go there way, which is by whatever schedule they want :raging:

use

n im loving your ig..jus keep rubbing it in huh? lol

AlbanianMuslim
I cant wait. Ramadan helps me calm myself and helps me clear my mind and heart.

Simply_Logical
i think this issue, is a worldwide one,
some in my area are preordained and some are moon sightings,
which city in america you from bro?

truemuslim
07-21-2008, 07:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333
use

n im loving your ig..jus keep rubbing it in huh? lol

Yah i kno, we "arent allowed" tho :raging: i told ya, we gotta dumb masjid lead by stupid people who suck at everything they do...oops i mean they so nice and kwl and islamic and smart :statisfie

hehe yah i will keep rubbin it in :p lool tis called happiness :D

BlissfullyJaded
07-21-2008, 07:44 PM

Our masjid follows moonsighting alhamdulilah.

BlackMamba
07-21-2008, 09:02 PM
i think this issue, is a worldwide one,
some in my area are preordained and some are moon sightings,
which city in america you from bro?
I'm from Phoenix AZ, its a desert.
But according to the schedule, does Ramadan begin the night of the 31st of August. Or the night of the 1st of September?

Uthman
07-21-2008, 09:10 PM
I really want to gain the maximum amount of benefit that I can from Ramadhan this year.

I will try my best to minimise the amount of time I spend online and maximise the amount of time I spend doing 'Ibadah Inshaa'Allah.

Na7lah
07-21-2008, 09:14 PM
But according to the schedule, does Ramadan begin the night of the 31st of August. Or the night of the 1st of September?
depends if someone sees the moon ^

mashallah i hope we all benefit from this ramadan :D

aadil77
07-21-2008, 09:19 PM
JazakAllah Khair bro'... Never knew that.

It's annoying though; Ramadan starts on my first year of GCSE Studies, could it be at a worse time? Ah well...
:rollseyeswhats so bad about that, its not as if you have exams coming up?, i'll be fasting whilst working at mcdonalds, is there a worse place to work than place where i'm handling food nonstop? i'll also be working through my a2 levels with tough subjects like further maths, i'll also be completing the quran during this month and i'm not complaining

ramadan is more about the blessings and reward than the burden

BlackMamba
07-21-2008, 09:19 PM
Ya but I mean according to the preordained schedule that ISNA uses

Ali.
07-21-2008, 09:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
:rollseyeswhats so bad about that, its not as if you have exams coming up?, i'll be fasting whilst working at mcdonalds, is there a worse place to work than place where i'm handling food nonstop? i'll also be working through my a2 levels with tough subjects like further maths, i'll also be completing the quran during this month and i'm not complaining

ramadan is more about the blessings and reward than the burden
Bro', you've made it look as if I'm whining over it.

Re-read my post, I said it's annoying, when I have to give an impression in the first few weeks and really work at it insha'Allah.

Na7lah
07-21-2008, 09:42 PM
eh i found this

Assalamalaikum

Moonsighting.com says:

The Astronomical New Moon is on Saturday, August 30, 2008 at 19:58 Universal Time (i.e., 3:58 pm EDT, and 12:58 pm PDT ). This moon is impossible to be seen any where on earth on August 30. On August 31, the moon will be sightable in Southern Africa, South America, and Central America. It would be very difficult to see in North America on August 31, but it will be visible on Sep 1, Insha-Allah. Therefore, first day of Ramadan (fasting) in North America according to sighting, is expected to be September 2, Insha-Allah. However, according to Saudi Ummul-Qura calendar, Fiqh Council of North America, and European Council for Fatwa and Research, the first day of Ramadan is on Monday, September 1, 2008.

Today is May 30th.

Ramadan will (probably) start on September 1st for most people in Houston.

That gives us just about 93 days/3 months before the next Ramadan.

Don't wait until the last day of Sha'ban to start preparing for Ramadan!

I'm already excited =D

Start now!

Prepare yourself mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

Make some goals, try your best to meet them.

I guess the only last thing I have to say is

Prepare and approach this Ramadan as if it's your last one because Qadr of Allah, it very well could be.

BlackMamba
07-22-2008, 12:07 AM
Man, I woulda hoped for Ramadan to begin the night of August 31 in North America cuz September 1 is Labor Day holiday so NO School! And the night before that woulda been perfect to start taraweeh. I dont want to start taraweeh on a school night. Well either way I cant wait till Ramadan. It makes all the outside pressures of school and stuff seem so unimportant.

truemuslim
07-22-2008, 01:27 AM
ISNA said its on august 31st right?
Which day is it really?

north_malaysian
07-22-2008, 03:50 AM
In Malaysia the ISlamic councils use both moosighting and calculation methods....1st of Ramadan 1429 is probably be on 1st September 2008...

north_malaysian
07-22-2008, 03:54 AM
Man, I woulda hoped for Ramadan to begin the night of August 31 in North America cuz September 1 is Labor Day holiday so NO School!
Malaysia would celebrate Indpendence Day on 31st August... and only three states (Johor, Kedah, Malacca) recognised 1st of Ramadan as public holiday...

which means people in those states would have four days break (weekend + Independence Day + 1st Ramadan)

PeaceSeeker
07-22-2008, 03:56 AM
Sub-hanallah da best time of year is Ramadan. I love Ramadan. Aaah... um waiting...

suffiyan007
07-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Malaysia would celebrate Indpendence Day on 31st August... and only three states (Johor, Kedah, Malacca) recognised 1st of Ramadan as public holiday...

which means people in those states would have four days break (weekend + Independence Day + 1st Ramadan)

sgt seronok...haha...but merdeka day i am working...huhu! so fasT fasting month come by next few month!!!...ahhhhh!

pinkorchid
07-22-2008, 04:27 PM
i know about fasting and eid,i do not however know the proper way to fast. are there certain times that you eat,drink,ect...?this is my first time to celebrate ramadhan,i wish to do it correctly.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-22-2008, 04:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

i cant wait either...Alaxmdulilah this is my first year in which ive felt like this...maybe because my recent increase in knowledge and love for my DEEN!!!!!!
but we're not there yet, May ALLAH (SWA) let us reach the Holy month of Ramadan for this year and for many more to come,Insh ALLAH..Ameen

True say sis! I feel the same Alhamdulillah :)

Ameen to your dua :)

Simply_Logical
07-22-2008, 05:48 PM
:sl: peeps, might sound like a stupid question,
but does anyone find it more harder to practise deen in ramadan?

Na7lah
07-22-2008, 05:52 PM
i know about fasting and eid,i do not however know the proper way to fast. are there certain times that you eat,drink,ect...?this is my first time to celebrate ramadhan,i wish to do it correctly.
check this link sis http://www.bahagia.btinternet.co.uk/fasting.htm

basicallay, we fast from dawn a bit before fajr till the adhan of maghrib/sunset
u can't eat or drink throughout the day but once its night ur free to eat...

read through the link it should give u more details inshallah

Na7lah
07-22-2008, 05:53 PM
peeps, might sound like a stupid question,
but does anyone find it more harder to practise deen in ramadan?
i hav some freinds who think its hard cuz dey're fating and don't have energy or so they say

actually i find it moooore easier to worship Allah in ramadan. i don't know i guess its something in the air and the fact that there are no shayateen it makes it more easier and u like doin it more...

Simply_Logical
07-22-2008, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421
i hav some freinds who think its hard cuz dey're fating and don't have energy or so they say

actually i find it moooore easier to worship Allah in ramadan. i don't know i guess its something in the air and the fact that there are no shayateen it makes it more easier and u like doin it more...
alhamdulillah thats good,
for some weird reason recently,
i tend to find it harder in ramadan then throughout the whole year :muddlehea
i know it probs sounds stupid lol! :rolleyes:

Na7lah
07-22-2008, 06:30 PM
some usefull tips inshallah

01. Buy all necessities for the month of Ramadan before Ramadan so you can spend less time during the holy month rushing around. You can be more focused on your religious rituals and spiritual development. Everyone in the family, even the kids, can participate, writing a shopping list, preparing some meals to be stored in the freezer.

02. If you have gotten into bad sleeping habits throughout the year, start readjusting now so you can wake up for Fajr prayer.

03. Sunnah fasts of Shaaban (the month before Ramadan) help to prepare for Ramadan and help to make the transition into the holy month a smooth one.

04. Reduce TV watching and prepare the family for the new spirit of Ramadan. Engage with your kids more and more in creative activities that remind them of Ramadan. (Suggested activities including reading the moral story books in group).

05. Organize your tape/CD collection to make it easy to select and to play nice nasheed (Hamd/Naat) to sing along together or Quran and Dua recitation, so as to introduce the spirit of the month gradually.

06. Plan ahead for the time you are spend at home in order not to lose the balance between your responsibility as a parent to supervise the children's studies and your engagement in religious practices such as reading Quran and praying Salat.

07. Plan ahead if your daughter needs a hijab to accompany you to the mosque. If possible, get shoes for the kids that are easy to tie when they leave the mosque. Do you or the kids need prayer rugs for prayer? Plan transportation to the mosque and back home.

08. Prepare as much cooking as you can before Ramadan. Here are some time-saving tips:
Prepare some vegetables and store them in the freezer to have them ready when needed.
If you soak dates in milk or water and eat them for Iftar, pit the dates before Ramadan.
Chop onions, garlic and store them in the freezer to have them ready when cooking during Ramadan.

09. If you are planning to invite guests for Iftar, the best time to do that is during your monthly period (menstruation). This has several advantages:
You will be able to taste the food that is going to be served.
You won't be engaged in some acts of worship so you'll have more time for cooking.
You won't have guilt feelings for staying after 'Isha' with the guests and not going to the mosque.

10. Prepare your kids before Ramadan that they have to help you more in housework and in setting the table and preparing the Iftar. Relate their action with the notion of Sadaqah and good deeds. Remind them that the reward of their good deeds is multiplied during Ramadan.

truemuslim
07-22-2008, 06:37 PM
alhamdulillah thats good,
for some weird reason recently,
i tend to find it harder in ramadan then throughout the whole year :muddlehea
i know it probs sounds stupid lol! :rolleyes:
yeh, plus when u sin u feel more shame :( (which isnt a bad thing, except for me coz i continue on with it anyway)
well yeh probably because the not eating thing, but after you break your fast you feel like you could've gone longer :p

Na7lah
07-22-2008, 06:44 PM
plus when u sin u feel more shame
we shoundt have any reasons to sin in Ramadan, other times we just blame the shaytan but now he's gona be locked up and u don't hav any excuses...

if its hard to worship in ramadan for u try to set a schedule for yourself beofre rarmadan so went the month comes u'll be used to the ibadah...

Ali.
07-22-2008, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by pinkorchid
Erm, you eat a really good breakfast before sunrise, if you're eating and the sun is rising or has risen, then that's the end of that, you've already broken your fast.

Simply_Logical
07-22-2008, 07:05 PM
we shoundt have any reasons to sin in Ramadan, other times we just blame the shaytan but now he's gona be locked up and u don't hav any excuses...

if its hard to worship in ramadan for u try to set a schedule for yourself beofre rarmadan so went the month comes u'll be used to the ibadah...
in an ideal world we shouldn't sin at all,
but in ramadan just because shaytaans locked up,
dont mean his ways arent with us,
he works 24/7, 11 months a year so that when it hits the blessed month,
he makes those bad habits become normal to us,
also we have our nafs (desires),
but i do agree with you that you should plan ahead :-)

AlbanianMuslim
07-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Umm... I don't get it.

why wouldnt we be happy?

Its a time where we are brought closer to Allah swt and we come together for prayer and breaking the fast. We grow stronger in our faith and our patience builds.

truemuslim
07-22-2008, 07:47 PM

'

sooo when someody smokes and lissens to music, BAD MUSIC, and misses prayer ettc etc then who tells him to do this?? Shaytan locked up?? How?? we still sin...unless of corse its..em...al-- nevermind i rather not say :embarrass:embarrass:embarrass

Na7lah
07-22-2008, 07:49 PM
who tells him to do this??
ur nafs

truemuslim
07-22-2008, 07:52 PM
ur nafs

so the evil in this world is not caused by the shaitan only? Then why we blamin shaitan for evil? Why not say "authu billah min a nafs al rajeem " ??? :embarrass:D

Danah
07-22-2008, 08:10 PM
May Allah Accept our praying and fasting in sha allah in this Ramadhan

Na7lah
07-22-2008, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
Ameeeeeeeeeeen

Simply_Logical
07-22-2008, 08:27 PM
ameen! :D

BlackMamba
07-22-2008, 08:41 PM
Ameen

I think humans first enemy is his nafs and his second enemy is shaitan

truemuslim
07-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Doesn't shaitan control your nafs?

Ali.
07-22-2008, 08:42 PM
so the evil in this world is not caused by the shaitan only? Then why we blamin shaitan for evil? Why not say "authu billah min a nafs al rajeem " ??? :embarrass:D
Because we can't seek proten from Allah from our own desires, that sounds wrong. Ofcourse you can make dua to Allah (swt), asking him to lessen your desires, but authu billah etc. means I seek protection from Allah, nafs is your desires which you have to control.

Simply_Logical
07-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Ameen

I think humans first enemy is his nafs and his second enemy is shaitan
i agree bro,
shaytaan uses a persons nafs (desires) to lead him astray! :thumbs_do

truemuslim
07-22-2008, 10:11 PM
^ makes sense
Jazakallah khair (everyone) :)

Cabdullahi
07-22-2008, 10:12 PM
YAOO! CANT WAIT FOR RAMADAN,inshallah i will make it

aadil77
07-23-2008, 10:05 PM
Bro', you've made it look as if I'm whining over it.

Re-read my post, I said it's annoying, when I have to give an impression in the first few weeks and really work at it insha'Allah.
ok sorry

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.