/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Silent Moments...Your turn has not come yet!!

------
07-04-2008, 01:53 PM

:salamext:

Notes from ‘Silent Moments’

By Abdul-Malik Al-Qasim

Pg 18
Ar-Rabi‘ bin Bizzah (Rahmatullah) said: “I am amazed at the creations, they are unaware about a truthful matter that they see with their eyes and to which truth their hearts testify. Yet, here they are busy from remembering it, engaging in playful heedlessness.”
He added, “By Allâh! This heedlessness is a mercy from Allâh and a bounty that He bestowed on creation. Otherwise, the believers among them would be losing their minds, their hearts would fly away, crushed with fear, and they would not enjoy life, if they constantly remembered death.”
----------------------------------------
Pg 19
When death will come all of a sudden, some will beg of Allâh,
“My Lord! Send me back.” [23:99]

But, why should you go back and return?

“So that I may do good in that which I have left behind!” [23:100]

That day has not come yet. Therefore, who do you not perform good deeds while able to do so and while healthy, since the Angel of Death has not come to you yet?
Pg 20
One of our predecessors said: “I am amazed at he who knows that death is certain, yet he laughs. I am amazed at he who knows that the Fire is true, yet he rejoices. I am amazed at he who witnesses how life changes the condition of its people, yet he feels safe. I am amazed at he who knows that Predestination is true, yet he tires himself (vigorously seeking the bounties of life.)”
Pg 31

Khulaid Al-‘Asri said: “We are all certain that death will come, yet we do not see those who are prepared for it. We are all certain of Paradise, yet we do not see those who work to earn it. We are all certain of the Fire, yet we do not see those who are afraid of it. Therefore, what is it that you are waiting for? Death?Certainly, death is the first comer from Allâh that will bring you good or evil [news]. So brothers, take the journey back to your Lord in a good manner.”
Pg 41
Think now about the fear that will overcome your heart when you see the Sirât (the bridge over the Fire that everyone must pass to enter Paradise) and realize its thinness. Then, your sight will fall on the darkness of Jahannam (Hellfire) under the Sirât, and then your hearing will pick up the sound of the Fire’s flames. You will be required to pass over the Sirât, even though you will be weak and your heart will be shaking. Your feet will be trembling and your back will feel the burden of your evil deeds.
Pg 56
Once, Hasan Basri (Rahmatullah) passed by a man who was laughing and asked him, “O my nephew! Have you safely passed over the Sirât?” He said, “No.” Hasan Basri (Rahmatullah) asked, “Have you received news that you will end up in Paradise or Hell?” He said, “No.” Hasan Basri (Rahmatullah) asked him, “Why do you laugh then, may Allâh save you, while the matter ahead is horrifying?” That man was never seen laughing until he died.
Pg 57
What thoughts would be crossing your mind if you open your eyes and find the Angel of Death standing beside your head? What thoughts do you have now, when you still have not tasted the agonies, pains, hardships and afflictions that accompany death?
Pg 59

Death has struck fear in our hearts because it has taken away many from among us, yet we feel safe, even though we know for certainty that our turn will soon come?
Think, O deceived one, about the agonies of death and the horrors that accompany it. Certainly, death is a true promise and a just judge that brings grief to the heart and tears to the eyes. It separates groups and puts an end to lusts, hopes and wishes.
Pg 63
Abu Sulaimân Ad-Dârâni said, “I asked Umm Harun, a worshipper of Allâh, ‘Do you like to die?’ She said, ‘No.’ I asked, ‘Why not?’ She said, ‘By Allâh! If I disobeyed a creation, I would hate to meet him, so what about meeting the Creator, the Exalted and the Most Honoured?’”
Pg 66

Just before he died, Abu Hurairah (RA) wept and replied when asked why he wept, “I do not weep for your world! I weep because of the far journey I am going on and the little provision I have. Now I have ensued on a climb that will end in settling down in a Paradise or a Fire, and I do not know to which of them I will be taken.”
Pg 67
Also, Hasan Basri (Rahmatullah) wept very hard, and he was asked why he wept. He replied, “For fear that Allah might throw me in the Fire and care less about me.”
Pg 84
Have you not thought about the moment when death will come to you, knowing that you will suffer painful afflictions at that moment? Surely, the scene of death stirs deep emotions, when the soul of the dying person reaches the throat and its owner stands at the doorway of the Hereafter. Then, all those around will stand helpless, unable to extend any help for him. Further, he will not know what is going on around or with him and will surrender all power to Allâh:

وَجَاءَتْ سَكْرَةُ الْمَوْتِ بِالْحَقِّ ۖ ذَلِكَ مَا كُنتَ مِنْهُ تَحِيدُ

[Qur'aan, 50:19]

“And the Stupor of death will come in truth; that is what you were trying to escape!”

You will not be able to raise your hand or move your tongue at the time of death. Your feet will be paralyzed, your eyes tearful and the people will be gathering around you to no avail (purpose/benefit).
Pg 99
Whenever ‘Uthmân (RA) stood next to a grave, he used to weep until his beard became wet. He was asked, “You mention Paradise and do not weep, but you weep from this scene?” He said, “The Messenger of Allâh (SAW) said:
‘The grave is the first in the stages of the Hereafter. If one is saved from it, what is afterwards is even easier. If one is not saved from it, what comes after that is even harder.’”
Pg 103

A wise man once said: “There are four seas for four types of things. Death is the sea of this life, the innerself is the sea for lusts, the grave is the sea for sorrow and Allâh’s forgiveness is the sea that covers the sin.”
Pg 105
“Sufyân Ath-Thauri said, “He who remembers the grave often, will find it a garden of Paradise, while he who ignores its remembrance will find it a hole in the Fire.”
Pg 115

“Read your book. You own self is sufficient as a reckoner against you this day.” [17:14]
Pg 116
“Amazing is the matter of those who remember death, yet rejoice, fear loss yet forget, who are certain of the nearness of their end yet boast, and indulge in useless speech even though the Hereafter is being mentioned to them.
Pg 116

‘Umar bin Abdul Aziz said to Abu Hâzim, “Advise me.” Abu Hâzim said, “Lay down, imagine that death is right next to your head and think about what you would like to be doing during that moment, so that you practice it now, and about what you hate to be doing and abandon it now.”
Pg 118
Al-Auza‘î (Rahmatullah) said: “He who remembers death often, will be content with little provision, and he who knows that his words are among his actions, will speak little.”
Pg 119

A wise man once wrote to his friend, “My brother! Beware of death while still in this life, before you end up in a life where you will wish to die, but there will be no death.”

---------------------------------------------------

Buy the book InshaaAllaah brothers and sisters, it is an eye opener and a real Imaan booster. May Allaah reward you with Jannatul Firdous, Ameen.

Please make dua for me.

Your sister in Islaam

- Serene -

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
07-04-2008, 02:30 PM

Buy Here InshaaAllaah

Güven
07-04-2008, 02:38 PM
:sl:

SubhanAllah!! It realy makes you think and especcialy This One Makes you terrified and wonder how To go through it :

Pg 41 Think now about the fear that will overcome your heart when you see the Sirât (the bridge over the Fire that everyone must pass to enter Paradise) and realize its thinness. Then, your sight will fall on the darkness of Jahannam (Hellfire) under the Sirât, and then your hearing will pick up the sound of the Fire’s flames. You will be required to pass over the Sirât, even though you will be weak and your heart will be shaking. Your feet will be trembling and your back will feel the burden of your evil deeds.
May Allah Protect Us From the punisment of the Grave And The Sirat
and Reward Us With Jannatul Firdous ,the Everlasting Pleasure ameeeeeeeeen

:w:

------
07-04-2008, 02:40 PM

Ameen Summa Ameen...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd al-Baari
07-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh,

Abu Sulaimân Ad-Dârâni said, “I asked Umm Harun, a worshipper of Allâh, ‘Do you like to die?’ She said, ‘No.’ I asked, ‘Why not?’ She said, ‘By Allâh! If I disobeyed a creation, I would hate to meet him, so what about meeting the Creator, the Exalted and the Most Honoured?’”
Subhan'Allah! May Allah forgive us. :cry:

TrueStranger
07-07-2008, 10:26 PM

Much Thanks Serene

May Allah Reward you with Jannatul Firdous.

------
07-08-2008, 12:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger

Much Thanks Serene

May Allah Reward you with Jannatul Firdous.

:wasalamex

Wa Iyyaaki sis, Ameen Summa Ameen! xXx

~ Sabr ~
05-11-2012, 08:29 AM
:bump:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.