/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help Please Salaatul Fajr !!!!!!!

Güven
07-04-2008, 02:56 PM
:sl:

well Im Goin to Turkey Tonight around 2 o"Clock InshAllah
and I was Wondering What I have to do About Salaatul Fajr
The Only Way To pray the Salaat On time Is In the Plane
And I dont think thats Possible In that Plane
What I have To Do ???

I once Read In A trusty Website, That I can Pray it after Sunrise Before Duhr ??
Do you guys Know About that??

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
07-04-2008, 03:11 PM
:salamext:

He is traveling and joining the prayers is easier for him

It explains every prayer except fajr imsad

------
07-04-2008, 03:13 PM

Found it...sort of.

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permissible to combine all five prayers at one time, even if it is because of travelling. Indeed, it is not permissible to combine three prayers, so it is not correct to combine Maghrib, ‘Isha’ and Fajr, for example. What is permitted is to combine Zuhr and ‘Asr, and Maghrib and ‘Isha’, but Fajr cannot be combined with any other prayer. The reason for this is that each one of the five prayers has its appointed time which is clearly defined, and which should be adhered to as it says in the Qur’aan:

“… Verily, the prayer is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours.”
[al-Nisa’ 4:103]

This is also indicated by the hadeeth in which Jibreel (peace be upon him) defined the times of each prayer and explained them to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

It was not reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) combined all five prayers, only that he combined Zuhr and ‘Asr, and Maghrib and ‘Isha’. Acts of worship are based on reports, and combining prayers is an issue that has to do with acts of worship, so we should adhere to what it says in the texts and not try to take the matter any further. Ibn Daqeeq al-‘Eed reported scholarly consensus on this issue, as did Ibn Hubayrah. Ibn Hajar al-Haythami said: “ ‘Asr should not be combined with Maghrib, nor ‘Isha’ with Subh (Fajr), ‘Asr can only be combined with Zuhr, in accordance with what was reported.”

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/3438

Güven
07-04-2008, 03:15 PM
The Other Prayers Are no Problem But Its only Fajr that im concerned of

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
07-04-2008, 03:16 PM

I know... I'm trying to find something :phew

------
07-04-2008, 03:18 PM

Got it;

The Fajr prayer can neither be brought forward or delayed and has to be performed at its prescribed time.
Kitab Al-Salaah (The book of Prayer)

------
07-04-2008, 03:27 PM

Suppose you are flying to India or any point in the Middle East such as Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and so on, via London or Paris, you should follow the timings of Toronto until you have landed in London or Paris. From that point onwards until you have arrived at your destination, follow the timings of London or Paris. What I normally do in this case is pray both Zhuhr and `Asr Prayer at home combined (assuming I am starting at the time of Zhuhr Prayer); then pray both Maghrib and `Isha’ Prayer during the flight as combined and shortened. Then finally I would pray Fajr Prayer during the flight before landing in London. While in London I would pray Zhuhr and `Asr as combined and shortened. I would do the same with Maghrib and `Isha’ Prayers, and so on, until I land.

http://www.islamicinstitute.ca/answers.php?id=644

---------

So why can't you pray in the plane? You can pray sitting down?

Güven
07-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Thats The Problem I cant Pray During The flight :cry:

Güven
07-04-2008, 03:31 PM
wait Sitting Down ???? how ???

------
07-04-2008, 03:39 PM

If you can't pray whilst standing, pray whilst sitting. If you can't pray whilst sitting, pray whilst lying down, and if you cannot do that then utter the prayer with your tongue.

(This is a Bukhari/Muslim Hadith, haven't got reference at hand.)

EDIT:

And the hadeeth of ‘Imraan ibn Husayn which was narrated by al-Bukhaari: that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to him: “Pray standing, and if you cannot, then sitting, and if you cannot, then on your side.” Al-Nasaa’i added, with a saheeh isnaad: “And if you cannot, then lying on your back.”

Source

Güven
07-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Yeah I know That Hadith
Also Can I do This :

QAZA (MISSED) PRAYER

When any Salah is performed after the appointed ties it is called Qaza Salah ( Qaza Means To compensate or make good, or repeat in the
case of salah). Missing The Prayers Without any good reasons
according to the Islamic Law is a major sin. A person Who Misses a prayer, either whilst traveling or due to some other valid Reason, has to
perform Qaza Prayer of the missed prayer(s) and repent to Allah.

The Qaza pray can be offered at any time but not during Makrooh(odious) times
(e.g. Sunrise, sunset or declining of the sun). Before One offers the Qaza prayer(s),
he/she must offer the Adaa prayer ( prayer on time) and then the Qaza. But if there
is a short time left for Adaa Salah, Then it is Necessary to Offer the Adaa Salah First
and then to offer the Qaza. You must remember that Qaza Prayer Should be performed
in Order, for instance, fajr, zohr, Asr, Maghrib, and finaly Isha. If the Fajr prayer is Missed, then You Have to do the Qaza of the Fajr Sunnah and Fardh after Sunrise Before Midday. If you have missed The Jumuah/Friday Salah, Then You Cannot Do it as Qaza; Instead You have to offer the Zohr Salaat As Qaza.

Source:A muslim Book of Prayer

------
07-04-2008, 04:53 PM

Didn't the sources from islamqa say u cannot qadha fajr and maghrib?

Güven
07-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Where did It Say That, Forgive if I missed that Part ???

------
07-04-2008, 05:12 PM

Sorry, misread it. It says the Fajr prayer has to be on time;

Likewise, the Isha prayer may be brought forward to the time of Maghrib prayer; or, the Maghrib prayer may be delayed until the time of Isha prayer. The Fajr prayer can neither be brought forward or delayed and has to be performed at its prescribed time.

Source

Güven
07-04-2008, 05:20 PM
There is no Way out Then , That means I have to repent and Balance it with many Good Deeds and Voluntary Prayers InshallAllah
JazakAllahu Khair For Your Kind Help Sis, May Allah Reward you with Jannatul Firdous

------
07-04-2008, 05:21 PM

Ameen to the dua, but I don't get it. Why can't you sit on the plane seat and do the actions required for salaatul fajr and pray it :?

Güven
07-04-2008, 05:22 PM
How Can I pray in a Plane Who knows wich direction it is Flying

------
07-04-2008, 06:58 PM

Allaah Knows ur intention, all you have to do is make the actions of the prayer bro. That's what I did when I went to Umrah last time.

Güven
07-04-2008, 07:00 PM

Ill Try InsaAllah

Ali.
07-04-2008, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
How Can I pray in a Plane Who knows wich direction it is Flying
Take a compass with you maybe? :)

ayesha309
07-04-2008, 07:14 PM
bro dont miss it. it depends on your airline. i've prayed salaat standing as well in an airplane. Alhamdulilah they give you space in like the back part or something. you just have to do it real quick. and do wudhu in the aiprlane. its small but ask Allah and Insha'Allah you'll b able to. if you cant stand, then do sit and pray. and ask Allah to help you. He will always create a way for his devoted servant :)

bro der is always a map on the airplane tv that indicates which direction is north and gives you the world map. find saudi arabia on it :) it shud b east

Güven
07-04-2008, 07:24 PM
How do you perform the prayer while sitting ???
Just the usual actions??

Al-Zaara
07-04-2008, 07:28 PM
My father prayed when he got out of surgery, whilst sitting/laying in the hospital bed. He couldn't change the direction, but made sincer intention. A lil bit movement with the head, as if he bowed. Rose his finger in the shahadah. And all the rest the same, in the end, right left movement with head.

I've done it in the plane, if they don't give you space. No drama in that, inshaAllah.

Güven
07-04-2008, 07:33 PM
I will Try praying while sitting With sincere Intention InshAllah
And Hope that it will be Accepted

Al-Zaara
07-04-2008, 07:40 PM
^ InshaAllah.

May you have an successful journey and a good stay at beatiful Türkiye, inshaAllah! Selam aleykum!

afzalaung
07-05-2008, 07:11 AM
just few weeks ago i flew from Egypt to malaysia via dubai using emirates.
I on the way from Egypt to dubai i was gonna pray on the seat since the seat next to me was empty but the stewardess suggested that i pray on the aisle instead using a blanket as a sajadah/janamaz/prayer rug.

whereas on the way from dubai to malaysia, which was rather packed...(@fajr), since there was about 1 metre gap between the first row of seat and the toilet/partition, i asked the ladies at the front row if i could pray, they agreed, so i managed to perform fajr few thousand metres above the sea...i think it was marvellous..

oh..of coz..i was using emirates and they show the possition of the kiblah on the TV screen from time to time...i guess u can estimate it on ur own.

good luck

Kas1m
07-05-2008, 07:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
^ InshaAllah.

May you have an successful journey and a good stay at beatiful Türkiye, inshaAllah! Selam aleykum!

Inshallah.

silkworm
07-05-2008, 02:59 PM
Brother, There is a term which is called "Qasr", i.e. if your intended travel is outside of 90 Miles, the "qasr" is wajib, means you can offer/pray it later. In a plane, especially when you do not know what directiont he plane is going, you cannot pray.

I also here offering the Qasr prayers means you shorten the Rakahs, means you can only offer the Farz Rakahs and can skip the Nafils or Sunnahs. I am positive about it.

------
07-05-2008, 03:05 PM

Brother, There is a term which is called "Qasr", i.e. if your intended travel is outside of 90 Miles, the "qasr" is wajib, means you can offer/pray it later. In a plane, especially when you do not know what directiont he plane is going, you cannot pray.
Have u got a daleel for this brother?

I also here offering the Qasr prayers means you shorten the Rakahs, means you can only offer the Farz Rakahs and can skip the Nafils or Sunnahs. I am positive about it.
You do not have to pray the Sunnah or Nafl anyway, they are not obligatory. If you want to that is up to you. Qasr is when you go away from your home, up to 14 days travel, and you Qasr the Fardh in Zuhr, Asr and Isha. E.g. Read 2 instead of 4. Qasr does not imply shortening the prayer so you miss out the Sunnah and Nawafil.

silkworm
07-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Thre should be no confusion, I am a follower of Imam Abu Hanifa, and I have had this question in mind, as I also travel a lot. OK, you said that you do not have to offer sunnah or nafil anyways, yeps, this is correct.

OK, if you have any questions regarding what I said you can go to I R F in India, or to the Imam of whatever Maslak you are following.

------
07-05-2008, 03:24 PM

I am not arguing with you brother, but we should not base our life on a specific madhab. Whichever opinion is in accordance with the Qur'aan and Sunnah, whether that is from Imaam Abu Hanifa, Imaam Shafi'ee, Imaam Ahmad, Imaam Hanbal (May Allaah bless them all), we should follow that one InshaaAllaah.

Al-Zaara
07-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Selam aleykum,

format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -
I am not arguing with you brother, but we should not base our life on a specific madhab. Whichever opinion is in accordance with the Qur'aan and Sunnah, whether that is from Imaam Abu Hanifa, Imaam Shafi'ee, Imaam Ahmad, Imaam Hanbal (May Allaah bless them all), we should follow that one InshaaAllaah.
May Allah bless them all and grant them the highest level of Jannah, amiin!

I'm sorry sister, what we should and should not, the scholars decide and it is majorily accepted to follow a madhab, rather than mixing, for verily they all have valid opinions based on the Sunnah and Qur'an and the slight differences are sometimes very important.

But that is a discussion for another time, the brother got his answer. The original post has been answered.

07-06-2008, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by silkworm
Just to clear it- If you are stranded somewhere and do not know the direction of the Qiblah, that doesn't mean you cannot pray. It would seem more sensible to pray towards wherever you think the Qiblah is rather than not praying at all.

But I think the thread starters question has been answered so lets not go off topic :)

truemuslim
07-07-2008, 12:02 AM
pray on the plaane!

sit and do it...or go somewhere else and do it.

just ignore all dem people starin, tell em "What the hell you starin at?!" and they look away and dont dare to look back at u :D or if u look arab then just glance at them and it'll scare the hell outta them :)

IceQueen~
07-07-2008, 08:28 PM
what about the ayah of the Quran "And to Allah belongs the East and West so wherever you turn there is the Face of Allah"

This ayah was revealed when the Muslims were confused in the dark about which way the qiblah was and prayed in dif direction

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.