/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Operation: BBC Have Your Say

Uthman
07-04-2008, 06:25 PM
:sl: Brothers and Sisters. Greetings to the Non-Muslims.

There is a lot of Islam-bashing going on at the Have your Say section of the BBC News website in a topic called Should aspects of Sharia law be used in the UK?. The topic is infested with bigots who are denouncing not only Sharia, but Islam and Muslims as well. The same thing happens every time there is an Islam-related topic on the website, but this time I have decided to do something about it. The topic won't be open for too long, so we need to act quickly.

Here is what you can do:

1) If you haven't already, then sign up to create your membership at the website.

2) Post a respectful but firm comment, expressing your views in the topic Should aspects of Sharia law be used in the UK?

3) Read through the comments on the website, and click on 'Recommend' for any comments that you agree with. This will make these comments more popular, which will make them more noticeable.

4) Look for any comments that are in violation of the house rules e.g. defamatory comments and report them.

If enough of us do all this, then we just might be able to make a difference. Muslims, are you going to defend your religion?

Non-Muslims, I know we might have our disagreements on the particular issue of Sharia law, but please comment and at least put in a good word for Islam and us peaceful Muslims.

Feel free to quote other comments and respond to them. This would be an effective way of clearing misconceptions about Sharia laws concerning women for example which some people have commented on.

Let's act now!

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
07-04-2008, 06:36 PM
If you're in, then please reply to this thread.

Ali.
07-04-2008, 06:38 PM
I respect how your going along with this and how you want to give an impression, but do think we'll really make a difference? It's pretty doubtful.

Uthman
07-04-2008, 06:39 PM
If just one person is convinced by what we say, then our efforts are worthwhile.

Thanks for the post brother.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Uthman
07-04-2008, 08:09 PM
:bump:

Uthman
07-18-2008, 06:29 PM
:sl:

This isn't so much of an emergency operation, but Muslim views would be appropriate in this topic:

Should the government fund Muslim scholars?

adam123
07-18-2008, 06:34 PM
good thread.......we muslim thinks that a reply at any website weather that is for bbc or any other means nothing.but beleive me it means alot. a few words can change the view of many readers.

so please contribute

Fishman
07-18-2008, 06:56 PM
People who comment on news articles are all complete n00bs and should just be ignored.

Uthman
07-18-2008, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
People who comment on news articles are all complete n00bs and should just be ignored.
Maybe Akhee, but the BBC as you will know, is a very popular site with a lot of people commenting in their Have Your Say topics. They have a powerful and convincing voice. It's about time we have a powerful voice of our own.

Fishman
07-18-2008, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
Maybe Akhee, but the BBC as you will know, is a very popular site with a lot of people commenting in their Have Your Say topics. They have a powerful and convincing voice. It's about time we have a powerful voice of our own.
They don't seem very powerful or convincing to me...

And besides, the people who most willingly offer their voice are also sometimes the ones who embarass themselves and make it worse for Islam:

Osman: We need a voice for ourselves, these people will influence others!

N00by Guy: yeah, sounds good!! ill join now to refute them!

*in the BBC boards*
BNP Supporter: We need them out of our country now! Those Mooslimbs are taking over! Stop terror now! They never condemn terror, do they!

Sensible person: No, you are just a bigotted fanatic. Muslims are overwhelmingly moderate, ordinary people, not terrorists. Islamic culture has enriched our country's cusine, architecture and daily lives. You want to take away part of today's Britain. Try actually talking to real Muslims.

N00by guy: no!! we only get out of ur countreys when you stop supporting the zio-joo crussade!!!1!!1one!! ISLAM is paece if u say its not u must DIE!!! Usaamaah Ibn Laadeen will get u americn joo-terrists!

BNP Supporter: See! Terrorists, the lot of them!

Sensible Guy: OK, I guess you win... Islambs out!!!!!!

Uthman
07-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Ok, that's a fair point, Fishman. :D

Whatsthepoint
07-18-2008, 09:04 PM
Tell me, is fear of terrorism the main reason for the general dislike of Islam and Muslim in Britain? Or is it more about cultural differences and all that?

Fishman
07-18-2008, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Tell me, is fear of terrorism the main reason for the general dislike of Islam and Muslim in Britain? Or is it more about cultural differences and all that?
I tend to find its about both cultural differences and radicalism. The security threat aspect of terrorism is just a side issue.

Whatsthepoint
07-18-2008, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
I tend to find its about both cultural differences and radicalism. The security threat aspect of terrorism is just a side issue.
Same as in the rest of Europe then.

Uthman
07-18-2008, 09:20 PM
I don't know if you watched the Dispatches programme a couple of weeks ago called 'It shouldn't happen to a Muslim', but research by Cardiff University found that, for the first time this year, there were more stories in the press about Muslim cultural differences than there were about terrorism.

Of course, many of these stories were either exaggerated beyond recognition, if not completely made up. The British public aren't all wary of this and a dislike of Islam and Muslims will inevitably form a part of public conciousness.

Fishman
07-18-2008, 09:26 PM
Same as in the rest of Europe then.
It's not as bad as the rest of Europe though, Britain is still a strong bastion of multiculturalism compared to somewhere like Italy or the Low Countries*.

*Belgium may be breaking up soon, the government has failed. This is major news but the mods didn't register my thread...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.