/* */

PDA

View Full Version : You should fear ME! No one else! - *REMINDER*

------
07-06-2008, 01:28 PM

:salamext:

Hadith Qudsi 22:

On the authority of Abu Sa'id (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said:

Let not any one of you belittle himself. They said: O Messenger of Allah, how can any one of us belittle himself? He said: He finds a matter concerning Allah about which he should say something, and he does not say [it], so Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says to him on the Day of Resurrection: What prevented you from saying something about such-and-such and such-and-such? He say: [It was] out of fear of people. Then He says: Rather it is I whom you should more properly fear.

It was related by Ibn Majah with a sound chain of authorities.

Source

----------------

We should InshaaAllaah speak up if we see something wrong, e.g. A Muslim woman/man reading horoscopes in the newspaper on the train/bus; we should give naseeha to them, explaining why it is wrong to read them, and the consequences of reading them.

Never be afraid of how people will react - at least on the Day of Judgement, you will be able to say to Allaah that you did your duty and informed them. InshaaAllaah. =)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
07-06-2008, 01:32 PM
:sl:

JazaakAllaahu Khayran Ukhti.

I often remain silent about issues because I fear their reaction. For example, when I see a Muslim friend listening to music.

This is a good reminder for me.

:w:

------
07-06-2008, 01:34 PM
:salamext:

Wa Iyaak bro. I used to be like that. I know we're not perfect - far from it - but it is our duty to speak up when we see our Muslim brother/sister's committing sin. Also, we should oursleves try to stop committing sin as well.

adeeb
07-06-2008, 01:41 PM
:bump:

i'll try, but it wont be easy,:X

coz lot of my friends listen to music, go clubbing,

i'm afraid when i told them the truth, they will stay away from me, and they might think i'm too religious and not match today's lifestyle...:cry:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
07-13-2008, 04:26 PM
...BuMp...

Souljette
07-13-2008, 05:43 PM
:sl:

I try to my utmost ability to do that...When I don't do it I feel guilty because what answer am I going to give to Allah (S.W.T) when he asks me why I didn't question that person..It is our duty to stop what is wrong and the weakest Iman is when we can't stop it and think it is wrong only with out heart...Inshallah may Allah (S.W.T) give me the strength and all of us the strength to face these obstacles and increase our Iman in order for us to forbid what is evil. Ameen

AvarAllahNoor
07-13-2008, 05:45 PM
I fear!

Musaafirah
07-13-2008, 05:55 PM
Jazakallah for the reminder sis!
Thing is, it's really difficult to speak out (I find anyway), especially with relatives..coz am different to my relatives already as I wear the hijab and jilbab when i go out and refuse to show my clothes I'm wearing underneath my jilbab at weddings when they're mixed..
That makes them alienated from me already and when I try to explain the importance of hijab, they just tell me that they don't wanna know, as what they don't know can't harm them..
Please pray for me ...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.