/* */

PDA

View Full Version : pls explain

anonymous
07-07-2008, 10:04 AM
i dont get this. im interested in a bro (for marriage) ive prayed istikhara and all that alhamduliah i feel good. ive approached my family to find out more about him and all, they wont take a bar of it. BUT i still have a good feeling about this. im so confused.

advice please:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
piXie
07-07-2008, 03:23 PM
:wasalamex

I don't know sis, but when we do Istikhara, we are asking Allaah :arabic2: to facilitate the thing for us (in this case marriage), if it is good for our religion, worldly life, and ultimate destiny. Therefore, if the path towards that becomes hard and impossible (e.g. Parents don’t agree at all and don't like the idea), then maybe that thing wasn’t good for us (our religion, worldly life, and ultimate destiny).

Also, if a girls wali does not give her permission, then she cannot get married. The Prophet :arabic5: said that a woman who marries without the consent of her wali, her marriage is not valid. And when its a matter of following the Shari’ah, and following our feeling, we cannot go by the latter.

Even if the parents are wrong, and being impractical, we can't disobey them and get married to whoever we want. That is our test. We can only try by reasoning with them, or getting someone else who is wise and knowlegable to advise them and just do lots of du'aa I guess :-\

And Allaah will help us insha'Allaah. We need to trust Allaah :arabic2: and be patient with His decree. I don't know what the situation is for you, so don't know if I've been much help.

And Allaah knows Best. May He help us and guide us all. Aameen

anonymous
07-08-2008, 02:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by __
:wasalamex

I don't know sis, but when we do Istikhara, we are asking Allaah :arabic2: to facilitate the thing for us (in this case marriage), if it is good for our religion, worldly life, and ultimate destiny. Therefore, if the path towards that becomes hard and impossible (e.g. Parents don’t agree at all and don't like the idea), then maybe that thing wasn’t good for us (our religion, worldly life, and ultimate destiny).

yeah i get that but i still have a good feelin and thats what im confused about
Shaykh al-Islam [Ibn Taymiyah] (may Allaah have mercy on him) said concerning the matter of feeling happy about something: if he makes istakhaarah, then whatever Allaah makes him feel happy about and makes easy for him, this is what Allaah has chosen for him. (Majmoo’ al-Fataawaa, 10/539).

thats whats happening
but thats whats not happenin:D

and what makes it even more depressing is that another bro is lookin for a wifey and looks like he's comin for me :(

Tania
07-08-2008, 10:08 AM
May be you are not ready for marriage yet. Ifr you are still unsure, you should try a never ending engagement :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eeman
07-08-2008, 10:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
yeah i get that but i still have a good feelin and thats what im confused about

thats whats happening
but thats whats not happenin:D

and what makes it even more depressing is that another bro is lookin for a wifey and looks like he's comin for me :(
lol thats funny...
look sis dont be in depair if it is written Insha'Allah it'll be if it is not then it wont. you have done your part and asked Allah swt to guide you now you need to be patient and let Him do the rest.

------
07-08-2008, 11:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
i dont get this. im interested in a bro (for marriage) ive prayed istikhara and all that alhamduliah i feel good. ive approached my family to find out more about him and all, they wont take a bar of it. BUT i still have a good feeling about this. im so confused.

advice please:)
:salamext:

Place your trust in Allaah, and He will do the rest. You will become so content, I promise you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.