/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hair Style

anonymous
07-07-2008, 12:34 PM
:sl:

I am a 16 year old asian muslim living in london, i have a mohawk hair style (not the really big onez that the punks have) but i spike my hair up all around from the front and the back. Now the point is that i have recently heard from a friend that this hair style is hareeem. And if i keep this im not a muslim. Is it true ?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
07-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Course you're still a Muslim! But I have to admit, that hairstyle is one that is attention seeking and I dislike it in general, it's too 'batty'.

However, one more question: Do you trim your sides and leave the back and front? Since in that case, it's wrong. Refer to this site please: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/3364

anonymous
07-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Well, the back all the way round to the front is longer than the sides, but the sides blend in with back and front, so you can't see much of a difference. Each of my spike is like 7cm long.

AnonymousPoster
07-08-2008, 10:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Well, the back all the way round to the front is longer than the sides, but the sides blend in with back and front, so you can't see much of a difference. Each of my spike is like 7cm long.
:statisfie u measure it :D. Ask an imam/sholar :thumbs_up

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
niler
07-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Rasul SAW said anythin resembling wat d kuffars do is haram..

personaly i feel ur hair cut is more of fashion.. to be on d safe side just avoid it alltogether.

Eeman
07-08-2008, 10:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

I am a 16 year old asian muslim living in london, i have a mohawk hair style (not the really big onez that the punks have) but i spike my hair up all around from the front and the back. Now the point is that i have recently heard from a friend that this hair style is hareeem. And if i keep this im not a muslim. Is it true ?

:w:
Dear sister how you cut your hair doesnt disqualify you from being a muslim,
and if your friend is a true muslim then i do not believe that she should be quite so quick to judge as to whos muslim and whos not, i havent heard haircuts being haram in the qur'an and Allah swt sending people to hell for it.
as long as you a true believer in heart and do good and are steadfast in salah and do many thingsto please Allah swt and abstian from committing sin then you are a muslim. as far as im concerned even if your hair was green.:)

anonymous
07-08-2008, 11:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eeman
Dear sister how you cut your hair doesnt disqualify you from being a muslim,
and if your friend is a true muslim then i do not believe that she should be quite so quick to judge as to whos muslim and whos not, i havent heard haircuts being haram in the qur'an and Allah swt sending people to hell for it.
as long as you a true believer in heart and do good and are steadfast in salah and do many thingsto please Allah swt and abstian from committing sin then you are a muslim. as far as im concerned even if your hair was green.:)
lol im not a sister, im a brother.

oooooo!!! do sisters cut their hair like this as well ?

Souljette
07-08-2008, 11:10 AM
^^

Not that i know of

Muhammad
07-08-2008, 11:18 AM

From the link posted earlier:

2 – Imitating the kaafirs or immoral people.

There are many such hairstyles, some of which come under the heading of qaza’ – such as the “Marines” haircut, which is forbidden for two reasons, the fact that it is a kind of qaza’ and the fact that it is an imitation of the kuffaar. Some of them do not involve qaza’ but they are styles that belong to the kuffaar, such as making some of the hair stand up and letting the rest hang down, and so on.

This also includes every hairstyle that belongs to the kaafirs or immoral people, because it is not permissible for a Muslim to resemble them in that, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.”

Narrated by Abu Dawood, 4031. Classed as hasan by al-Haafiz ibn Hajar in Fath al-Baari, 10/271. its isnaad was classed as jayyid by Shaykh al-Islam in Iqtida’ al-Siraat al-Mustaqeem, p. 82.

Shaykh al-Islam said:

The least that we can say about this hadeeth is that it implies that it is haraam to imitate them, although the apparent meaning is that the one who imitates them is a kaafir, as in the verse (interpretation of the meaning):

“And if any amongst you takes them (as Awliyaa’), then surely, he is one of them”

[al-Maa’idah 5:51]

Iqtida’ al-Siraat al-Mustaqeem, p. 83.

Imitating foolish people.

These are hairstyles worn by some of the foolish people, which may be included in the categories mentioned above.

See also question no. 14051

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
I think this will be sufficient and I can close the thread, in order to avoid people giving their own personal opinions on this matter.

Thread Closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.