/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Life reputation

truemuslim
07-07-2008, 05:51 PM
:sl:

how important do you think life reputation is? like UR life reputation?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
07-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Do you mean like your legacy?

Ali.
07-07-2008, 06:04 PM
What do you mean? Do you mean your reputation around other people? E.g. people know you are kind, annoying etc.?

------
07-07-2008, 06:11 PM
:salamext:

Can u explain further InshaaAllaah?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truemuslim
07-07-2008, 07:07 PM
lol wow. sorry

i MEANT...

Like say you do one small thing wrong, and people start yellin at you (like family people) sayin that you've ruined ur reputation, and then give ya that whole big long boring pointless "talk" which goes a lil like this "ahem...Your life depend on yo reputation, when people look at __your name__ they see a cool, always cleanin , some thing someting, bla bla , person, but if they see __your name__ like this, no one would wanna marry you...bla bla bla" yeh i kno, dont be surprised it all goes back to marriage :raging: ...lol

And like just basically how OTHER PEOPLE, always see you as, like ur living for nothing but to impress people, YOU dont care bout "life reputation" but everyone pushes u to make it the best thing in life .

I dont get it :?

so how important do YOU think it is?

snakelegs
07-07-2008, 07:13 PM
i think reputation is somewhat important but not overly.
most important is that you be true to who you are, not what people want you to be.

truemuslim
07-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Oh i think i left out this...

EVERYONE thinks its important, you're totally clueless though, so people start talkin bout you, now you're left there in the corner, still clueless, you hear sayings sayin stuff like "Its not what people think bout you, its what you think bout u" or you say "do i look like i care what people say?" you know? thats what you have in your mind, but now your totally done, everyone see's something bad bout you, you still don't get it!!!

not that i've ruined my rep or anything, im jsut playin along with them...still clueless of course :?

Note: THis is also very very embarassing feeling left out like this, everyone thinks the same while your out there feeling dumb :-[:-[... i feel like you guys totally agree wit what people think 24/7 too!! So pleaseeee tell me why its so important

Woodrow
07-07-2008, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
lol wow. sorry

i MEANT...

Like say you do one small thing wrong, and people start yellin at you (like family people) sayin that you've ruined ur reputation, and then give ya that whole big long boring pointless "talk" which goes a lil like this "ahem...Your life depend on yo reputation, when people look at __your name__ they see a cool, always cleanin , some thing someting, bla bla , person, but if they see __your name__ like this, no one would wanna marry you...bla bla bla" yeh i kno, dont be surprised it all goes back to marriage :raging: ...lol

And like just basically how OTHER PEOPLE, always see you as, like ur living for nothing but to impress people, YOU dont care bout "life reputation" but everyone pushes u to make it the best thing in life .

I dont get it :?

so how important do YOU think it is?
I do not care what people think of me, in the sense of knowing they are not responsible for judging me.

However, I value the opinions of people and use my reputation as a guide to help keep me focused. When the opion of other peoples begins to show I am not living the life I think I am, I use that as a flag to make me do considerable inspection of my own life and to seek ways to correct my errors.

The way people view me and the reputation may or may not be true. But, there will be some reason or something I do or don't do that gives justification for the reputation, even if the reputation is false. So, reputation is very important to me, as it is a guide for self examination to see what I can improve on and correct.

Eeman
07-07-2008, 07:47 PM
haha good one let me tell you a thing or two about reputation...
you can be a virgin mary and as holy as you can get put people will never fail to point a finger at you.
so t me reputation as in regards what people think of me and my reputation amongst them is not important whatsoever, my reputation with Allah swt is what i am worried about cos it is He that will judge me and it is He who knows what is true and what is a lie.

there are evil people out there in this world and i mean EVIL!!!!!!!!!!
no matter how good or bad you are, if you do them no harm they harm you, their eyes are forever popping out of their socket ears on high alert just to hear a story or see something then to go and TOTALLY DISTORT the truth and spread lies among people.

As long as you know what your intentions are as long as you know not to cross that line as long as you know that people are evil and lie then rest assured cos most importantly He knows it all and too well. so let people think what they think of you cos they aint gonna judge you but the Almighty will and infact thy will get judged themselves for judging you.

peace

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2008, 09:04 PM
if people see me as dishonest, cowardly, abusive, rude and other negative charasteristics... i would reconsider my life.

yes reputations means a lot... only because when you die... if a lot of people say you are good and are in jannah.... inshaAllaah as a muslim you may be so... inshaAllaah..

Ali.
07-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Well, reputation is helpful in a way so you know if what you think you are is evident to those around you. For example, you may think you're kind, but if you ask people and they say you're nasty, ask them why and ask them to give an example and maybe you can change that.

It's happened personally to me actually, I won't state exactly what, but I thought I was *enter adjective here* and I started hearing rumours about me that were completely opposite to that!, so I asked why, found out, and alhamdullilah I think I've changed it :).

snakelegs
07-08-2008, 12:59 AM
in many cultures, it is different for a girl. everything revolves around her marriage - and this is when people sometimes become obsessed with reputation - not just hers but her family's and of course, his family's rep must live up too.
but the girl gets the worst of it, and in some cases the families will not shut up til the day she marries. some families i've known have made their daughter's live's sheer hell with their constant anxiety about her rep.

crayon
07-08-2008, 01:35 PM
To be honest, I'm not too bothered with my reputation. If I want to do something that is permissible in islam, but society deems offensive or irresponsible or whatever, I say screw society. I measure myself to the quran and sunnah, not people's opinions of me. People can be (and a lot of the times are) corrupt. If I'm going to worry about reputation and possibly fall into haram because of it, why bother? If wearing an abaya or covering your face is going to cause people to talk about you negatively, would that stop you? pfft

So whether I'm walking around with lipstick smeared all over my face (which i actually did in school once to prove a point to someone) or taking my rubber chicken wherever I go (no, haven't done this, lol), if it's not haram, bring it on!

suffiyan007
07-08-2008, 01:57 PM
life reputation,is important...how the people see our first impression and due to our attitude,attire,speaking,and acts...!

chacha_jalebi
07-08-2008, 03:48 PM
well this is a tricky one, i think its important to have a good reputation, because if you have a bad one then many people are gona not want to know you, but on the other hand what really matters is what Allah (Swt) think of you innay!

also we need to remember we all make mistakes, if that tarnishes our reputation, we can repent and we dont need to show people we have repented, as long as the repentence is sincere, Allah (Swt) will accept it :D, also their are people that if you didded a sin, they would never eva let you get over it lol, like they will always judge you by dat sin, and them ppl are jus sad people without a life or they cant afford gossip mags, so they need to gossip in real life! ignore such people, simple, they are the type of people that want people to think they are good, but in reality no one likes them :D

also its so so wrong to judge a person because of their past or a sin they have done, becuase their is a world famous incident :D where a sahabi committed a sin, and the sahaba were walking with the Prophet (saw) and they were sayin bad stuff about that sahabi who committed the sin, and the Prophet (saw) saw a dead donkey and told them to eat it and the sahabas said "its a forbidden animal and on top of that its dead, so we cant eat" the Prophet (Saw) replied " its betta for you to eat this then to say what you was saying about the man, because he has repented and if his repentence was spread over the whole of madinah, all of it would be forgiven" so dont judge others by their sins, you dont know if they have repented, and if you meet people who are adament to look at your past, give them a mouthful!! :D because only Allah (Swt) knows what is in the hearts!

Re.TiReD
07-08-2008, 04:37 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Its all about what Allah (swt) thinks of you. Ooooh yeah.. :shade:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/134268487-s.html

WassalamuAlaykum

suffiyan007
07-08-2008, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ...54M4K4H...
AssalamuAlaykum

Its all about what Allah (swt) thinks of you. Ooooh yeah.. :shade:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/134268487-s.html

WassalamuAlaykum

i think this is true too...! either the intention of Human and God see us.Life reputation see in differents way by God and Human...so is ok to me!

truemuslim
07-08-2008, 05:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
well this is a tricky one, i think its important to have a good reputation, because if you have a bad one then many people are gona not want to know you, but on the other hand what really matters is what Allah (Swt) think of you innay!

also we need to remember we all make mistakes, if that tarnishes our reputation, we can repent and we dont need to show people we have repented, as long as the repentence is sincere, Allah (Swt) will accept it :D, also their are people that if you didded a sin, they would never eva let you get over it lol, like they will always judge you by dat sin, and them ppl are jus sad people without a life or they cant afford gossip mags, so they need to gossip in real life! ignore such people, simple, they are the type of people that want people to think they are good, but in reality no one likes them :D

also its so so wrong to judge a person because of their past or a sin they have done, becuase their is a world famous incident :D where a sahabi committed a sin, and the sahaba were walking with the Prophet (saw) and they were sayin bad stuff about that sahabi who committed the sin, and the Prophet (saw) saw a dead donkey and told them to eat it and the sahabas said "its a forbidden animal and on top of that its dead, so we cant eat" the Prophet (Saw) replied " its betta for you to eat this then to say what you was saying about the man, because he has repented and if his repentence was spread over the whole of madinah, all of it would be forgiven" so dont judge others by their sins, you dont know if they have repented, and if you meet people who are adament to look at your past, give them a mouthful!! :D because only Allah (Swt) knows what is in the hearts!
nah see its a bit, just a liiiil bit hard to "ignore" these typa people...
i mean like if theyr livin in the same house as u, or talk on the phone , even if theyr half way around the world from u.

and the thing is, THEY do bad things, very bad things, its like a smoker makin fun of a drinker for sinning! But its not even bout the sinning. they dont care bout deen no more. (yep, this ummah is sad) All they care bout is people. PEOPLE.
I hate people. You cant trust nobody!

You know like once my dad was yellin at my bro for puttin his pics on myspace, coz he's all holdin up cash and all. and my dads all "What if one of ur cousins see u, what will they say? they will tell everyone." and my bro is like me , he jus said so what if they say that, tomorrow ima wake up, ima eat, ima go chill, ima do the same thing i do everyday, wont change notin!

But ALL people care bout is PEOPLE. they dont care bout any deen anymore.
So why is reputation so important??????
It wont harm u in anyway.
i can be america's most wanted for a reputation. the only difference is that i'll be badass...
I can be a saiint in front of people, they talk bout me, and they dont even kno how i really am.

suffiyan007
07-08-2008, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
nah see its a bit, just a liiiil bit hard to "ignore" these typa people...
i mean like if theyr livin in the same house as u, or talk on the phone , even if theyr half way around the world from u.

and the thing is, THEY do bad things, very bad things, its like a smoker makin fun of a drinker for sinning! But its not even bout the sinning. they dont care bout deen no more. (yep, this ummah is sad) All they care bout is people. PEOPLE.
I hate people. You cant trust nobody!

You know like once my dad was yellin at my bro for puttin his pics on myspace, coz he's all holdin up cash and all. and my dads all "What if one of ur cousins see u, what will they say? they will tell everyone." and my bro is like me , he jus said so what if they say that, tomorrow ima wake up, ima eat, ima go chill, ima do the same thing i do everyday, wont change notin!

But ALL people care bout is PEOPLE. they dont care bout any deen anymore.
So why is reputation so important??????
It wont harm u in anyway.
i can be america's most wanted for a reputation. the only difference is that i'll be badass...
I can be a saiint in front of people, they talk bout me, and they dont even kno how i really am.

" i can be a saint infront of people,they talk bout me and they dont eve know how who really i am"....

this the same think people who look at me, and they dont know me,that's why lotsa grapevine in the world,people spreading viruses of rumours and gossip that's so happening,and people believe it"Ripley believe it or not"

i agree with you.....reputation is important but sometime depend...but the reputation is people see us how we talk,our attitude,attire and etc....!

if people working in corporate sectors and customer services, really need a good reputation in lifE...even we dont need!..the first impression of the people is the way the people look at us...!

Woodrow
07-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Reputation is very important. But, we also need to keep in mind that reputation we have among specific groups, will differ from group to group.

It would be a very major concern if we had a good reputation among evil people and a poor reputation among pious people.

Our reputation will differ among different groups. We do not have anything that could be caled an overall correct reputaion, just the opinions of people that think they know us.

We need to always be aware of how we appear to others and ask ourselves why we give that appearance. he reputation may be wrong and not be what we are, but we need to understand what it is we do or do not do that gives people the impression that is what we are.

It would probably be a very good thing if we had a bad reputation among the people of Nazi Germany and a good reputation if we had lived among the first followers of the Prophet(PBUH)

chacha_jalebi
07-08-2008, 05:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Reputation is very important. But, we also need to keep in mind that reputation we have among specific groups, will differ from group to group.

It would be a very major concern if we had a good reputation among evil people and a poor reputation among pious people.

Our reputation will differ among different groups. We do not have anything that could be caled an overall correct reputaion, just the opinions of people that think they know us.

We need to always be aware of how we appear to others and ask ourselves why we give that appearance. he reputation may be wrong and not be what we are, but we need to understand what it is we do or do not do that gives people the impression that is what we are.

It would probably be a very good thing if we had a bad reputation among the people of Nazi Germany and a good reputation if we had lived among the first followers of the Prophet(PBUH)
erm was jus about too say that word for word :-[

:D

the best statements i remembaa are, hadhrat Umar (Ra) said once "even if a man is as straight as a arrow, he will still have critics"

so even if your perfect, you will have people who will talk lol, the way to see it is, people have mouths, they will use them, and if they use them badly Allah (Swt) will deaal with them ooo yeah :D

Woodrow
07-08-2008, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dudeā„¢
If somebody thought ill of me based on something that is true, I hope I'd be able to feel ashamed enough to rectify myself. Or atleast try.
That is the value of reputation and what we should be concerned about

Uthman
07-08-2008, 07:25 PM
I would rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.