/* */

PDA

View Full Version : black magic/jinni stuff

truemuslim
07-07-2008, 07:19 PM
:sl:

Ook you know how when you discover things that you never knew existed, just like that, and you can't really believe it, and pretty much everyone already knows bout it, and its so new to you... like me when i saw all those "miracles of allah" pic's :-[...well yeh. thats how black magic and jinn is to me...

What is black magic? issit just sihr? ok well what is sihr?
Coz like seriously last time i checked, magic is not real.
Magic is an imagination man!
How is there "black" magic?
and why is there a BLACK in magic?
Issit mean a black person do it? coz if so, that is totally racist.
but im sure its not that :D

and also, another thing, JINN...
way back in the day, i used to ask my mum where we're goin, she'd say "the jinn" and im like , um ok, whats jinn? and she say them invisible people, so i think its like totaly a lie, you know? Like JOKIN.

then the next thing i know people are talkin bout how jinni's are possesing people. :rollseyes i kno, funny innit.

You like "Wait, isn't this an islamic forum? Where people talk about SERIOUS things? dang they totally messin up the islamic image!" and so you decide not to go to that site again coz its full of bull... then you google "jinn in islam" and "jinn possesion" and all that. and you find out everyone else is talkin bout jinn...

???

WHAT is jinn??
THem invisible things that have greater power than us...

thats what i see them as.

How come jinn can suddenly have more power than us? You know in "black magic" :rollseyes jinn tells the "sahir" to do bad stuff to the quran, they do that...

thats stupid.

now how come jinn can do all that cool stuff like have more than one life and we can't ? Like i could swear everyone was claimin we are better than jinn...

BTW,... plzzz excuse my ignorance and all...but aren't jinn angels?
isnt the shaitan a jinni? isnt shaitan an angel too? well...used to be...

so why is jinni and angels the same thing? :blind::blind::blind:

google sucks so plz help.

EDit:
Oh did i mention, im dying to see a jinni!!

Its like "silent hill" ohhh, i wonder if they got that big sword too?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
07-07-2008, 07:33 PM
awww this is a kool post

ahoy ahoy sister :D

jinns aaint angels, jinns are made from a smokeless fire, as it says in surah ar rahman aaand angels are made from light,

jinns cant have more then one life to my knowlegde, they live just like me and you, they eat sleep drink, have pets lol, they live the life like me and you, but their world is different as they can see us, but our eyesight isnt powerful enough to see them, like they say whenever you hear a donkey doo them noises, eeee ohhh:p seek refuge in Allah (swt) because he has seen a devil or a evil jinn, ooh and their is good and bad jinns, the bad ones are the ones who hear stuff from the angels and tell it to their magicians who control them.

black magic and magic is different, like magic is tricks and cards and hooo dee haa, and black magic is done to harm people, thats what sihr is, like evil magic, and doin that is a big sin.

a jinn is a jinn, i always used to watch them poltergeist show lol (and yes i do know half of them were fake) and i always thought that poltergeist were jinn, because you always hear ghosts possesin humans or knockin stuff over, Allah hu Alim lol, but jinns do exist, and they have their own world and they do their own thaang, their are good n bad jinn, like theres good n bad people!

i hope that helpeedd

truemuslim
07-07-2008, 10:51 PM
awww this is a kool post
:mmokay: you kno the questions are stupid :-[

jinns aaint angels, jinns are made from a smokeless fire, as it says in surah ar rahman aaand angels are made from light,
But shaitan was an angel, and a jinni, "they" say. He was an angel with four wings.."They" say. But he was also a jinni..."they" say. dont that make jinni's and angels the same? Or issit a lie? Was he only an angel? or only a jinni?

jinns cant have more then one life to my knowlegde,
lemme add something "to ur knowledge" , you kno how they possess people? Meaning they can take over someone elses life completely. Make that person be america's most wanted, then after that dude go to jail they leave him, meaning they just wasted a life, took over it! Like its there life. And to add, they can take more than ONE persons life! They can make em kill others, or themselves.

they live just like me and you, they eat sleep drink, have pets, take over peoples lives, kill people, make people commit bad stuff...
emm, ahem ahem...

lol,
they live the life like me and you, but their world is different as they can see us, but our eyesight isnt powerful enough to see them,
Aha! something THEY can do but WE aren't powerful enough to do! So how is THAT make us greater than them?!

like they say whenever you hear a donkey doo them noises, eeee ohhh:p seek refuge in Allah (swt) because he has seen a devil or a evil jinn, ooh and their is good and bad jinns, the bad ones are the ones who hear stuff from the angels and tell it to their magicians who control them.
lool ok.
And how do they hear the angels? How come we can't hear the angels?

AHem...emmm...they bettta than us.

black magic and magic is different,
like magic is tricks and cards and hooo dee haa,
thats harmless...whys it haram then? (unless im gettin mixd up?)

and black magic is done to harm people, thats what sihr is, like evil magic, and doin that is a big sin.
HOW do you do black magic? '

Oh oh lemme guess. You walk into a old black sick webby room, with a crystal ball, start sayin oooh aaahh things and there appears a jinni and makes u do stuff for em?

a jinn is a jinn, i always used to watch them poltergeist show lol (and yes i do know half of them were fake) and i always thought that poltergeist were jinn, because you always hear ghosts possesin humans or knockin stuff over, Allah hu Alim lol, but jinns do exist, and they have their own world and they do their own thaang, their are good n bad jinn, like theres good n bad people!

i hope that helpeedd
Ok

Jazakallah khair :D

almost...

Na7lah
07-07-2008, 10:58 PM
But shaitan was an angel, and a jinni, "they" say. He was an angel with four wings.."They" say. But he was also a jinni..."they" say. dont that make jinni's and angels the same? Or issit a lie? Was he only an angel? or only a jinni?
u'r referring to the verse wen Allah tell the angels to bow down to adam and all of dem do EXCEPT Iblis?

he wasnt an angel but before he disobeyed Allah he was in the same level of the angels

u see he CANT be an Angel cuz he's made from fire

and bout all the jins possesing people and stuff Allahu A3lam like the brother said, there are bad jins. they take info from the angels and add alot of lies and stuff

inshallah i'll find an easy to understand article bout jins better yet u wana listen to a lecture?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truemuslim
07-07-2008, 11:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421
u'r referring to the verse wen Allah tell the angels to bow down to adam and all of dem do EXCEPT Iblis?

he wasnt an angel but before he disobeyed Allah he was in the same level of the angels

u see he CANT be an Angel cuz he's made from fire

and bout all the jins possesing people and stuff Allahu A3lam like the brother said, there are bad jins. they take info from the angels and add alot of lies and stuff

inshallah i'll find an easy to understand article bout jins better yet u wana listen to a lecture?
'mmhmm...

Ok so he was an angel, then disobeyed allah, then became...the devil?

ok well where does him bein a jinni fall in here?

snakelegs
07-08-2008, 01:41 AM
what is to prevent a person from doing something horrible and then claiming that he is innocent because he was possessed by a jinn at the time?

Na7lah
07-08-2008, 01:49 AM
Ok so he was an angel, then disobeyed allah, then became...the devil?
lol he was never an angel :p

truemuslim
07-08-2008, 01:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
what is to prevent a person from doing something horrible and then claiming that he is innocent because he was possessed by a jinn at the time?

Is this a question to me? Or just a real question to anyone who can answer? :D

truemuslim
07-08-2008, 01:56 AM

Yuh huh! lol...

says here.
The devil was one of the best angels, he had four wings while the others had 2....
Just a line from a book i have...

here lemme find something better.

ah nevermind. see even google tryna prove me wrong :raging:

emm anyway..

Didn't Allah create jinn's when he created humans? And adam was the first human, there was no other humans there yet. Meaning no jinn there yet.
Besides it says when Allah told the ANGELS to bow down to adam, they all did except iblis.
Sooo...
It didn't say "When allah told the angels and jinn to bow down they all did except the jinni loser wit no life (literally) iblis"

if ur confused ur not alone :-[

The_Prince
07-08-2008, 02:14 AM
you can tell when someone is possessed, they are crazy.....

Woodrow
07-08-2008, 02:31 AM
Nothing

Except I do not believe posession by a Jinn would be an acceptable defense under Shariah law from the little I have read it seems the action is still the person's choice. The Jinn only gave the temptation.

I am very much a novice in reading about sharia law. Hopefuly somebody can quote a finding---explaining if possession is or is not a defence under Sharia.

snakelegs
07-08-2008, 02:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
Is this a question to me? Or just a real question to anyone who can answer? :D
no, it's a real question to you or anyone else.

snakelegs
07-08-2008, 02:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Nothing

Except I do not believe posession by a Jinn would be an acceptable defense under Shariah law from the little I have read it seems the action is still the person's choice. The Jinn only gave the temptation.

I am very much a novice in reading about sharia law. Hopefuly somebody can quote a finding---explaining if possession is or is not a defence under Sharia.
aha. this makes sense and sounds right. the temptation may be there but you are still free (and responsible) for choosing how to respond to it.
i think yo have answered the question.
prince - i've never seen anyone being possessed and don't think i'd want to - it sounds pretty scary.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-08-2008, 02:59 AM
Yuh huh! lol...

says here.

emm anyway..

Didn't Allah create jinn's when he created humans? And adam was the first human, there was no other humans there yet. Meaning no jinn there yet.
Besides it says when Allah told the ANGELS to bow down to adam, they all did except iblis.
Sooo...
It didn't say "When allah told the angels and jinn to bow down they all did except the jinni loser wit no life (literally) iblis"

Allaah does say that:

{And [mention] when We said to the angels, "Prostrate to Adam," and they prostrated, except for Iblees. He was of the jinn..}[al-Kahf; 50]

It's explicit that Iblis [Satan] is of the Jinn and always was. He was never an angel, as angels are made of light and do not have free will and Iblis obviously had free will to be able to disobey the command to prostrate to Adam. Check this link:

http://www.islamicboard.com/625250-post3.html

Please be wary of which books you're taking knowledge from as the quote from your book is incorrect.

:w:

north_malaysian
07-08-2008, 03:12 AM
I've heard stories that he's a jinn... that's why he can be the leader of the angels as he can further increase his odedience to Allah unlike the angels..

Eeman
07-08-2008, 03:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
salam alaikum,
dear sis that started this thread, i would like to ask you something are you actually being serious about this as in doing it to gain knowledge or just to mock?
forgive if i am wrong but your responses back seemed a little sarcastic but yet again do forgive me if i am wrong and i ask Allah swt for forgiveness.

matters of jinns and black magic are not matters to be taken in too lightly nor looked int too deep, its good to have full knowledge of it but at the same time one must understand that it is not a joke and not get led by the whispers of shaytaan and do things that will only wrong themselves for eternity.

yes jinns do exist just like we humans exist, one form of Allah swt's created creatures, so do jinns and angels.
manking is made out of clay, jinns smokeless fire, angels light.

we are a part of what is apparent and seen, jinns and angels are a part of the ghaib (unseen).:blind:

we were made superior to them, although they have abilities to do things that we wouldnt even imagine one example as in space travel but none the less they are Allah swt's inferior creatures compared to mankind.

there are believing jinns and many disbelieving jinns which are referred to as the shayaatin. they are helpers of shaytaan iblis.

the believing jinns are believed to be very few and most of them out of fear for being tortured by the disbelieving ones dont wander around or get upto much asthe shayaatin cos of course they fear earning the wrath of Allah swt, they pray like we do and praise and glorify the Almighty like we do.

many of the shayaatin are believed to be of the christian faith, they reside in places like graveyards, old churches, anywhere dark and scary, near rubbish, run down places and many believe in toilets. thats why we are told to seek refuge in Allah swt when we enter the toilet.

Fortune-tellers also operate through the Qareen. The Qareen is the Jinn companion which is assigned to every human being. It is this Jinn which whispers to our base desires and constantly tries to divert us from righteousness. The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said: "Everyone of you has been assigned a companion from the Jinn. The companions asked: Even you O' Messenger of Allah? And the Prophet replied: Even me, except that Allah has helped me against him and he has submitted. Now he only tells me to do good".

Because the Qareen is with a person all his life, it knows all that has happened to the person from the cradle to the grave. By making contact with the Qareen, the fortune-teller is thus able to make out that it is he who knows about the person. He looks in his crystal ball or the palm of a person and proceeds to amaze him with knowledge which no one else knows.

The severity of going to a fortune-teller is such that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said: "The prayer of one who approaches a fortune-teller and asks him about anything, will not be accepted for forty days or nights" and: "Whosoever approaches a fortune-teller and believes in what he says, has disbelieved in what was revealed to Muhammed"

it is always advised to recite the 4 quls before going to sleep or at least once a day for protection.

now where does black magic come into this, black magic is the name given to magic, not because it is black or done by a black person but cos it is evil.
some pyschics go on about black magic nd white magic, black being bad white being good. well anyhow they are wrong all magic is wrong!
it is a major sin and makes one almost a kafir.

black magic is very very very common in islam, and to anyone surprise is mostly done by none other than the old pious people that we believe are true pious believers and go to for help and that claim cos they are from so and so descendants or Allah swt through their piety has blessed them with special powers errrrrrrrrrr... NO!
they are the sahirs, who decieve people and get them to commit shirk, and what is shirk.... it is one of the biggest sins that can be committed in islam.

if you are ever taken to a mulvi or a pious person for whatever reason, you may need help in and this guys starts to ask your name, your mothers name then Da..Daaaa! thats when you know that this person is a phoney decieving sahir, why cos these informations are what the jinns require.

tawiz is a form of black magic a lot of people are fooled to think that this mulvi is writing surah's of the Qur'an in it and it is nothing but protection from Allah swt well your wrong my dears.
firstly your not allowed to open the tawiz cos apparentlt it will no longer be effctive.... hmmmmm weird so how you supposed to know whats written in it.

believe you me if you ever do open it then you will know what i mean cos somewhere in that piece of paper will be something weird. MARK MY WORDS!!!

anyhow as a muslim we dont need materialistic things to be our form of protection, when i ask the mulvi for help he tells me what to recite and i do it myself. there is nothing between you and God so bringing barriers between God and yourself is only going to make matters worse for you. dua is the biggest weapon of the believer and Allah swt listens to all that supplicate to Him.

Now as regards possession jinns possess you for many reasons.
they might possess you cos your pakistani mother in law has done jaddu (black magic on you) they might possess you cos by mistake you have harmed them since they are unseen. they might possess you cos they have fallen in love with you.

ok brother prince this is the reason why i qouted what you have said...

there are symptoms to being possessed, you will be surprised that in many of the possession cases going mad is not the way of finding out if you are possessed.

there are different symptoms and trust me, if ever God forbid anyone does they will know.
i'll mention some symptoms: nightmares everynight, blackouts in perfect health, mood changes and NO im not talking about PMT everything u do is out of character and you just do not understand whats happened to you.
laziness, as in major laziness especially towards doing good and salah. constant migraine and as i said many more if anyone wants specific list i'll provide them with it.
in major cases you get the ones that brother prince said they go crazy, you get epileptic fits and loopyiness.

not there have been cases where victims have been possessed by a jinn for 10 years, the only sympton apparent were pains in certain parts of the body, where the jinn had resided in, there was one woman that came to a muslim exorcist out of desperation since the doctors had no clue or could find any reason for the pain in her leg, the healer did the required ruqya none the less although at first he re adviced her to go back to the doctors but as it happened during the ruqya the jinn spoke out.

now the way to get rid of jinns who have possessed humans is only through Qur'anic ruqya and must be done by a practising healer, cos it is not a joke and you need to know what you are doing. in minor cases it can be done yourself by simply constantly listening to certain surahs of the Qur'an and most importantly asking Allah swt in dua.

I pray that Allah swt protects us from all the evil that He has created in His creation.

This is a very good dua that i recite at least 5 times a day.

I seek refuge in Allah from the rejected shaytaan
In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

I seek refuge in the complete words of Allah from the evils of what he created,
In the name of Allah through Whose name nothing on earth or in heaven can cause any harm,
He is all Hearing, all Knowing
Allah suffices me, ther is no God but He
In Him i place my sole trust
O Allah i seek refuge in you from the whisperings of satan
My Lord i seek refuge in you from their presence around me
I seek refuge in Allah's Glory and Power from the affliction and pain i experience and suffer from.

ma salama.

Hisbul_Aziz
07-08-2008, 06:40 AM

If this has not been already answer. The belief that iblis was a former angel named lucifer who rebelled against god is Christian beliefs as Allah has said

For NONE are arrogant (before their Lord). They All fear their Lord, high above them, and they do ALL they are commanded. -- Sura 16:49-50

Further more, Jinns have a free will and may or may not obey Allah, but angels have no free will and always obey Allah. Therefore the question of an angel disobeying Allah does not arise. This further supplements that Iblis was a Jinn and not an angel.

Yuh huh! lol...

says here.

The devil was one of the best angels, he had four wings while the others had 2....

emm anyway..

Sooo...

I believe this is a type of sufi theology

Besides that Allah said in the Quran Jinn are created from fire of hot wind [Qur'an, 15:27]

Also

Aa’ishah reported: "The Messenger of Allah (Peace & Blessings of Allaah be upon Him) said: ‘The angels are created from light, just as the jinn are created from smokeless fire and mankind is created from what you have been told about.’" (Reported by Muslim, no. 2996).

Inshallah i've made things clearer

And Allah (SWT) knows best

Wasalamu3lakum

Hisbul_Aziz
07-08-2008, 07:07 AM
Delete this Post

alcurad
07-08-2008, 08:18 AM
I don't think poessession is real, no evidence for it in the Qur'an or the correct ahadeeth. if you think there is evidence for possession in the qur'an or sunnah then please porvide...

myths were always used by ancient people to explain phenomenon they didn't understand. there is such a thing as a mental disorder, hallucination etc, so please don't spread superstition that ruin Islam's image. I don't mean to offend, but social myths shouldn't be confused with islam.

Hisbul_Aziz
07-08-2008, 08:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
I don't think poessession is real, no evidence for it in the Qur'an or the correct ahadeeth. if you think there is evidence for possession in the qur'an or sunnah then please porvide...

myths were always used by ancient people to explain phenomenon they didn't understand. there is such a thing as a mental disorder, hallucination etc, so please don't spread superstition that ruin Islam's image. I don't mean to offend, but social myths shouldn't be confused with islam.
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear questioner, thanks for your question and we earnestly implore Allah to guide us all to the best and to reward us generously for our good deeds.

Scholars differ in opinion concerning the question in hand. Some say that jinn may possess human beings and some say this is not true. In fact, this question will remain controversial. Those who do not believe in the jinn possession need to reasonably explain the symptoms that the said-possessed people suffer from. On the other hand, those who adopt the other opinion take the strange cases of the said-possessed people as concrete evidence of their view, exploiting the fact that people are psychologically prepared to believe that jinn can possess their bodies.

In this regard, we would like to cite for you the following fatwa issued by the eminent Muslim scholar Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi:

Jinn are a kind of being that we cannot see as they are in reality. Allah Almighty says about Satan: “ Lo! He seeth you, he and his tribe, from whence ye see him not.” (Al-A`raf: 27)

However, jinn may appear in human form, as happened during the Prophet’s time when a jinn in a human form came to Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) while the latter was guarding the zakah of Ramadan according to the Prophet’s order. Seeing the jinn gathering food of sadaqah in his hands (without permission), Abu Hurayrah caught him and was about to take him to the Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him), but he set him free when the jinn gave him a piece of advice. When Abu Hurayrah told this story to the Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him), he (peace and blessing be upon him) said, “ that was a jinn, and he was truthful about the piece of advice, though he was a liar in fact” ( Reported by Al-Bukhari).

There are many people who claim that they have seen jinn or that they have relations with them, and some may even say they are married to a jinn. In fact, many of these claims are false. Moreover, many of those who claim that they are possessed by jinn do, in effect, suffer from psychological disorders such as schizophrenia and the like, and jinn have nothing to do with such disorders.

Moreover, Sheikh Faysal Mawlawi vice-chairman of the European Council for Fatwa and Research, further states:

Scholars have differed regarding jinn’s possession of human beings and their ability to harm and afflict them with diseases and pains. Some scholars do believe that this may happen and cite as evidence for their view Almighty Allah’s words: “ And make mention (O Muhammad) of Our bondman Job, when he cried unto his Lord (saying): Lo! The devil doth afflict me with distress and torment‏.” (Saad: 41)

This group of scholars have explained this verse literally and thus said that what afflicted Prophet Job (peace and blessings be upon him) in his body, possessions, and family was caused by the Satan.

On the other hand, some other scholars are of the opinion that jinn cannot possess human beings, nor can they harm them, for Almighty Allah says: “ Feeble indeed is the cunning of Satan.” (An-Nisaa’: 76) According to this group of scholars, had jinn possession and jinn’s ability to harm people been true, people might have confused jinn’s deeds with Almighty Allah’s.

Moreover, those scholars have explained the verse concerning Prophet Job (peace and blessings be upon him) in a way that goes in line with the other verses and hadiths that indicate that Satan cannot harm or influence true believers. According to them, if this is the case with true believers in general, it should also be the case with prophets, with the more reason.

In Al-Jami` li-Ahkam Al-Qur’an, vol. 15, Imam Al-Qurtubi mentioned that Imam Ibn Al-`Arabi and other scholars have explained the verse in question as that what afflicted Prophet Job (peace and blessings be upon him) in his body, wealth, and family was destined by Almighty Allah, yet Prophet Job (peace and blessings be upon him) attributed it to Satan out of extreme politeness to attribute such afflictions to Almighty Allah.

According to At-Tafseer Al-Kabir by Imam Al-Fakhr Ar-Razi, some scholars also explained this verse on the same basis, that is, the afflictions that occurred to Prophet Job (peace and blessings be upon him) were destined by Almighty Allah. Yet those scholars were of the opinion that Satan would whisper to Prophet Job reminding him of the many blessings that Almighty Allah caused him to lose so that Prophet Job (peace and blessings be upon him) might lament his losses and become displeased with Allah’s destiny for him. Prophet Job would resist such evil whispers, but Satan remained whispering those evil thoughts to him in such a strong way that Prophet Job was afraid to succumb to them. So, he prayed to Almighty Allah to help him get rid of such whispers, and that is what is referred to by “distress and torment” in Almighty Allah’s words: “ And make mention (O Muhammad) of Our bondman Job, when he cried unto his Lord (saying): Lo! The devil doth afflict me with distress and torment.” (Saad: 41)

There are two other verses in the Glorious Qur’an that tackle Satan’s influence on people; one deals with this influence indirectly and the other directly.

The first verse is “ Those who fear Allah, when a thought of evil from Satan assaults them, bring Allah to remembrance, when lo they see (aright).” (Al-A`raf: 201)

The influence here refers to the Satan’s whispering to people so that they may commit sins; it has nothing to do with the jinn’s possession of human beings.

The second verse is “ Those who swallow usury cannot rise up save as he ariseth whom the devil hath prostrated by (his) touch. That is because they say: Trade is just like usury; whereas Allah permitteth trading and forbiddeth usury. He unto whom an admonition from his Lord cometh, and (he) refraineth (in obedience thereto), he shall keep (the profits of) that which is past, and his affair (henceforth) is with Allah. As for him who returneth (to usury), such are rightful owners of the Fire. They will abide therein‏.” (Al-Baqarah: 275)

Imam Al-Fakhr Ar-Razi’s Explanation

According to Imam Al-Fakhr Ar-Razi, there are two explanations of this verse. The first is held by Abu `Ali Al- Gubba’ie (a follower of Al-Mu`tazilah). Al-Gubba’ie believes that Satan’s prostrating people by touch here refers to harming them via the evil whispers he tries to inculcate in their minds. It is this kind of harm that Prophet Job meant when he said, according to the Qur’an: “ Lo! The devil doth afflict me with distress and torment.” (Saad: 41)

Such evil whispers affect people of weak faith and cause them to have epilepsy. This is because those people are too weak to resist Satan’s whispers; they are in this case like cowards who faint from fear when left alone in a dark place. In this sense, Satan’s whispers have no influence on people of strong faith.

Thus, Al-Gubba’ie, reasoning the issue and citing many bits of evidence from the Qur’an and the Sunnah, refutes the claim that Satan might have far-reaching influence on people. According to him, the only influence that Satan might have is through the evil thoughts he whispers to people.

The second explanation of the verse, according to Imam Al-Fakhr Ar-Razi, is presented by Al-Qaffal (a scholar from the Shafi`i school). Al-Qaffal is of the opinion that people used to attribute epilepsy to Satan and jinn in general. They also used to describe ugly things and unfortunate events as likened to Satan or attributed to him.

Based on this belief of people, Almighty Allah describes the bad condition of usurers as that of he who arises as if prostrated by the devil’s touch. In this sense also, Allah describes the Tree of Zaqqum that springs out of the bottom of the Hellfire saying: “ Its crop is as it were the heads of devils.”(As-Saffat: 65; Tafseer Al-Fakhr Ar-Razi, vol. 7, pp. 88-89).

Az-Zamakhshari’s Explanation of the Same Verse

Az-Zamakhshari said in his Al-Kashaf, vol. 1, p. 399: The verse ‘Those who swallow usury …’ (Al-Baqarah: 275) likens the condition of usurers when they get up, to that of those hit by jinn. This comes in line with the Arabs’ belief that jinn may hit human beings and knock them down, and may even cause them mental disorder. There are many stories related by the Arabs about people seeing jinn with their very eyes. Hence, denying the people’s probability of seeing jinn is to the Arab like denying seeing concrete and material things around one.

Abu As-Su`ud was also of the same opinion as Az-Zamakhshari. This is obvious in his book: Tafseer Abu As-Su`ud. It seems to me, furthermore, that he borrowed such opinion from Az-Zamakhshari.

Al-Qurtubi’s Explanation of the Verse

Al-Qurtubi said, “ This verse clearly refutes the opinion of those who deny the jinn’s capability of harming human beings” (Al-Jami` Al-Kabir, vol. 3, p. 355).

Al-Alusi’s Explanation of the Verse

The eminent scholar Al-Alusi said that usurers would rise up on the Day of Judgment like those who are strongly hit by jinn in this world.

Al-Alusi also quoted in one of his writings the scholar Ibn `Atiyyah as saying that the verse in question likens usurers’ keenness on accumulating money and their running after this end to the condition of unstable people who move in such great haste that one may call them mad.

Al-Alusi commented on this opinion saying, “ It is obvious that this opinion contradicts what people in general hold in this respect.”

Al-Alusi also tackled the point of jinn’s beating some people and knocking them down and declared his agreement to this view. Furthermore, he strongly opposed the views of Al-Mu`tazilah and Al-Qaffal, who denied the jinn’s having any influence on human beings. They cite as evidence of their view what Satan said according to the Qur’an: “And I had no power over you.” (Ibrahim: 22)

Al-Alusi commented that Satan’s saying he has no power according to this verse refers to his inability to have thorough control or to enslave human beings, not to his inability to harm them in general.

According to Al-Alusi, there is much evidence from Shari`ah that contradicts this opinion of Al-Mu`tazilah and Al-Qaffal. For example, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “ When any human being is born, Satan touches it and thus it cries.” Another version of this hadith goes “When any human being is born, Satan touches him at both sides of the body.” The only exception in this regard is Mary and her son Jesus (peace and blessings be upon both of them), because Mary’s mother prayed to Almighty Allah as reported in the Qur’ an: “Lo! I crave Thy protection for her and for her offspring from Satan the outcast.” (Aal `Imran: 36)‏

There is also a hadith reported to the effect that the jinn kidnapped some person during the time of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) and then returned him. Later that person reported, “A bird like a camel came to me and carried me on a small feather of it.”

According to Al-Alusi, the predecessors and Sunni people believe that what these hadiths refer to are true events, and explaining them in a non-literal way complicates matters. It is the strict school of Al-Mu`tazilah and the like that tend to resort to complex explanations of this kind. Reviewing hadiths reported about jinn proves true their capability to harm people.

Allah knows best

Source

Hisbul_Aziz
07-08-2008, 08:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad

Brother please read before you speak without jumping to conclusions and calling things myths. I for one do believe in the possession of jinn.

How else can you explain they deep scary voices people talk in. How come if it was one a known mental disorder

Edit:

Doesn't Christianity also believe in the same concept of possession by a "devil"

niler
07-08-2008, 11:00 AM
to add on to the discusion d little dat i know...

A person can be possesd in many ways, at times its cz a person wants someone else to inherit his jinn (i knw dis 4 a fact, it hapened stil hapening i guess, to my friend) or wen a jin fals in love wt u.. unbeliavable huh!! or wen u intentionally or unintentionally hurt them, it hapens at times that u kill ther children, so they will revenge by possesing u n harming u. this can hapen wen u dump rubbish cz its their home (dumping sites), or wen pouring hot water in sinks, the drainage is also thei habitat so al advise u to always say d basmalah before u do such things.
the list is endless..

its rampant where i live.. almost a daily occurance not literally, bt yeah..
but with prayers , Inshallah God wil keep u safe. Just recite du'ausswabah n masa', surat falaq, nasr n ahad n pray it daint hapen to u cz its not a joke..especially if u hurt them

------
07-08-2008, 12:32 PM
:salamext:

Jinns exist. Jinns can possess people. Jinn is a creation of Allaah subhaan wa taa'la, just like mankind.

- TYPES OF JINN
- CREATION OF JINN
- The Qur'aanic View about the Jinn
- EXCERPT FROM THE WORLD OF JINNS AND DEVILS
- BLACK MAGIC AND SATANIC POSSESSION
- BELIEF IN THE JINN
- JINN ACCORDING TO THE QURAN AND SUNNAH
- THE WORLD OF THE JINN
- RULING ON MAGIC, WITCHCRAFT, AND JINN PART 1
- JINN: BRIEF FACTS
- THE UNSEEN AND THE SEEN WORLDS: JINN AMONG MANKIND
- QUESTIONS ABOUT JINN

And a whole lot more information can be found on this website InshaaAllaah.

Black Magic and Islam: Click Here

My viewpoint; there is no reason to be scared of Jinn or Black Magic being performed on you. At the end of the day, you should only fear Allaah, and seek refuge in Him alone.He created Jinn and only He can protect you from them.

truemuslim
07-08-2008, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
lol well i see tons of crazy peopel they arent all possesed

format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Sayyad

Allaah does say that:

{And [mention] when We said to the angels, "Prostrate to Adam," and they prostrated, except for Iblees. He was of the jinn..}[al-Kahf; 50]

It's explicit that Iblis [Satan] is of the Jinn and always was. He was never an angel, as angels are made of light and do not have free will and Iblis obviously had free will to be able to disobey the command to prostrate to Adam. Check this link:

http://www.islamicboard.com/625250-post3.html

Please be wary of which books you're taking knowledge from as the quote from your book is incorrect.

:w:
Ohh ok, make sense, jazakallah khair :statisfie

format_quote Originally Posted by Eeman
salam alaikum,
dear sis that started this thread, i would like to ask you something are you actually being serious about this as in doing it to gain knowledge or just to mock?
forgive if i am wrong but your responses back seemed a little sarcastic but yet again do forgive me if i am wrong and i ask Allah swt for forgiveness.

matters of jinns and black magic are not matters to be taken in too lightly nor looked int too deep, its good to have full knowledge of it but at the same time one must understand that it is not a joke and not get led by the whispers of shaytaan and do things that will only wrong themselves for eternity.

yes jinns do exist just like we humans exist, one form of Allah swt's created creatures, so do jinns and angels.
manking is made out of clay, jinns smokeless fire, angels light.

we are a part of what is apparent and seen, jinns and angels are a part of the ghaib (unseen).:blind:

we were made superior to them, although they have abilities to do things that we wouldnt even imagine one example as in space travel but none the less they are Allah swt's inferior creatures compared to mankind.

there are believing jinns and many disbelieving jinns which are referred to as the shayaatin. they are helpers of shaytaan iblis.

the believing jinns are believed to be very few and most of them out of fear for being tortured by the disbelieving ones dont wander around or get upto much asthe shayaatin cos of course they fear earning the wrath of Allah swt, they pray like we do and praise and glorify the Almighty like we do.

many of the shayaatin are believed to be of the christian faith, they reside in places like graveyards, old churches, anywhere dark and scary, near rubbish, run down places and many believe in toilets. thats why we are told to seek refuge in Allah swt when we enter the toilet.

Fortune-tellers also operate through the Qareen. The Qareen is the Jinn companion which is assigned to every human being. It is this Jinn which whispers to our base desires and constantly tries to divert us from righteousness. The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said: "Everyone of you has been assigned a companion from the Jinn. The companions asked: Even you O' Messenger of Allah? And the Prophet replied: Even me, except that Allah has helped me against him and he has submitted. Now he only tells me to do good".

Because the Qareen is with a person all his life, it knows all that has happened to the person from the cradle to the grave. By making contact with the Qareen, the fortune-teller is thus able to make out that it is he who knows about the person. He looks in his crystal ball or the palm of a person and proceeds to amaze him with knowledge which no one else knows.

The severity of going to a fortune-teller is such that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said: "The prayer of one who approaches a fortune-teller and asks him about anything, will not be accepted for forty days or nights" and: "Whosoever approaches a fortune-teller and believes in what he says, has disbelieved in what was revealed to Muhammed"

it is always advised to recite the 4 quls before going to sleep or at least once a day for protection.

now where does black magic come into this, black magic is the name given to magic, not because it is black or done by a black person but cos it is evil.
some pyschics go on about black magic nd white magic, black being bad white being good. well anyhow they are wrong all magic is wrong!
it is a major sin and makes one almost a kafir.

black magic is very very very common in islam, and to anyone surprise is mostly done by none other than the old pious people that we believe are true pious believers and go to for help and that claim cos they are from so and so descendants or Allah swt through their piety has blessed them with special powers errrrrrrrrrr... NO!
they are the sahirs, who decieve people and get them to commit shirk, and what is shirk.... it is one of the biggest sins that can be committed in islam.

if you are ever taken to a mulvi or a pious person for whatever reason, you may need help in and this guys starts to ask your name, your mothers name then Da..Daaaa! thats when you know that this person is a phoney decieving sahir, why cos these informations are what the jinns require.

tawiz is a form of black magic a lot of people are fooled to think that this mulvi is writing surah's of the Qur'an in it and it is nothing but protection from Allah swt well your wrong my dears.
firstly your not allowed to open the tawiz cos apparentlt it will no longer be effctive.... hmmmmm weird so how you supposed to know whats written in it.

believe you me if you ever do open it then you will know what i mean cos somewhere in that piece of paper will be something weird. MARK MY WORDS!!!

anyhow as a muslim we dont need materialistic things to be our form of protection, when i ask the mulvi for help he tells me what to recite and i do it myself. there is nothing between you and God so bringing barriers between God and yourself is only going to make matters worse for you. dua is the biggest weapon of the believer and Allah swt listens to all that supplicate to Him.

Now as regards possession jinns possess you for many reasons.
they might possess you cos your pakistani mother in law has done jaddu (black magic on you) they might possess you cos by mistake you have harmed them since they are unseen. they might possess you cos they have fallen in love with you.

ok brother prince this is the reason why i qouted what you have said...

there are symptoms to being possessed, you will be surprised that in many of the possession cases going mad is not the way of finding out if you are possessed.

there are different symptoms and trust me, if ever God forbid anyone does they will know.
i'll mention some symptoms: nightmares everynight, blackouts in perfect health, mood changes and NO im not talking about PMT everything u do is out of character and you just do not understand whats happened to you.
laziness, as in major laziness especially towards doing good and salah. constant migraine and as i said many more if anyone wants specific list i'll provide them with it.
in major cases you get the ones that brother prince said they go crazy, you get epileptic fits and loopyiness.

not there have been cases where victims have been possessed by a jinn for 10 years, the only sympton apparent were pains in certain parts of the body, where the jinn had resided in, there was one woman that came to a muslim exorcist out of desperation since the doctors had no clue or could find any reason for the pain in her leg, the healer did the required ruqya none the less although at first he re adviced her to go back to the doctors but as it happened during the ruqya the jinn spoke out.

now the way to get rid of jinns who have possessed humans is only through Qur'anic ruqya and must be done by a practising healer, cos it is not a joke and you need to know what you are doing. in minor cases it can be done yourself by simply constantly listening to certain surahs of the Qur'an and most importantly asking Allah swt in dua.

I pray that Allah swt protects us from all the evil that He has created in His creation.

This is a very good dua that i recite at least 5 times a day.

I seek refuge in Allah from the rejected shaytaan
In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

I seek refuge in the complete words of Allah from the evils of what he created,
In the name of Allah through Whose name nothing on earth or in heaven can cause any harm,
He is all Hearing, all Knowing
Allah suffices me, ther is no God but He
In Him i place my sole trust
O Allah i seek refuge in you from the whisperings of satan
My Lord i seek refuge in you from their presence around me
I seek refuge in Allah's Glory and Power from the affliction and pain i experience and suffer from.

ma salama.
lol nooo wayy im not mocking. i really wanted to have some answers.
Jazakallah khair sis for ur reply :D

format_quote Originally Posted by Hisbul_Aziz
If this has not been already answer. The belief that iblis was a former angel named lucifer who rebelled against god is Christian beliefs as Allah has said

For NONE are arrogant (before their Lord). They All fear their Lord, high above them, and they do ALL they are commanded. -- Sura 16:49-50

Further more, Jinns have a free will and may or may not obey Allah, but angels have no free will and always obey Allah. Therefore the question of an angel disobeying Allah does not arise. This further supplements that Iblis was a Jinn and not an angel.

I believe this is a type of sufi theology

Besides that Allah said in the Quran Jinn are created from fire of hot wind [Qur'an, 15:27]

Also

Aaā€™ishah reported: "The Messenger of Allah (Peace & Blessings of Allaah be upon Him) said: ā€˜The angels are created from light, just as the jinn are created from smokeless fire and mankind is created from what you have been told about.ā€™" (Reported by Muslim, no. 2996).

Inshallah i've made things clearer

And Allah (SWT) knows best

Wasalamu3lakum
Yeh u have made things clearer. Jazakallah khair :statisfie

format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -
:salamext:
My viewpoint; there is no reason to be scared of Jinn or Black Magic being performed on you. At the end of the day, you should only fear Allaah, and seek refuge in Him alone.He created Jinn and only He can protect you from them.
Yh u shouldnt be scared of jinn...especially if u havent seen one its a bit hard to believe it exists :-[
and for black magic?

:-[ lol
how do you do it??? How you even do black magic??

suffiyan007
07-08-2008, 05:13 PM
Jinn or satan is create by fire element,they are angel of Allah.Jinn or Satan is a guardian of Hell,They pray and seek God,as a fair game,the jinn ask,can i seduce the generations of prophet Adam,and God Allowed...God Allowed it cause the seduction of jinn/satan and our appetite for us to Jihad,defend,fight for the right...the satan said we are stronger than Clay(human)...and we must fight until to the end for Victory to our Faith to Allah not following appetite or seduction of the Jinn/satan!

Hisbul_Aziz
07-08-2008, 05:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Suffiyan007
Jinn or satan is create by fire element,they are angel of Allah.Jinn or Satan is a guardian of Hell
That is incorrect

You who believe! Safeguard yourselves and your families from a Fire whose fuel is people and stones. Harsh, terrible angels are in charge of it who do not disobey Allah in respect of any order He gives them and carry out what they are ordered to do. (Surat at-Tahrim, 6)

Hisbul_Aziz
07-08-2008, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Suffiyan007
the jinn ask,can i seduce the generations of prophet Adam,and God Allowed...God Allowed it cause the seduction of jinn/satan
[I]

He (Allah) said: Then go down hence! It is not for thee to show pride here,
so go forth! Lo! thou art of those degraded. He said: Reprieve me till the Day
(of Judgement) when they are raised (from the dead). He said: Lo! thou art
of those reprieved. He said: Now, because Thou hast sent me astray, verily
I shall lurk in ambush for them on Thy Right Path
. Then I shall come upon
them from before them and from behind them and from their right hands and from
their left hands, and Thou wilt not find most of them beholden (unto Thee).
He said: Go forth from hence, degraded, banished. As for such of them as follow
thee, surely I will fill hell with all of you.
Qur'an 7:14-18

And Allah (SWT) Knows Best!

suffiyan007
07-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Angel and Satan are creation of Allah,only until one period God Creation human,that SAtan does not obey prophet ADam A.S. and SAtan trick ADAm and eve to eat the fruit of life and be sinned, so that's why our earth has been curse bY God,,,till we die,we will in paradise if we done good deed,and bad deed with going to hell with satan,satan hear command to God and pray to God,and he said "can i seduce the generations of Adam"till the end of the world the works of SAtan is retired... and God allowed as God permission! everything happened due to Allah permission...! so i am say yes...i am not argue...but Satan is also a creation of Allah.we must fight with SAtan. like Duel fighting,element of Fire and Earth(clay) fighting who will win in the match of the fighting Arena...and God Granted him paradise if he win the match....! so we must gain our virtues on our ibadah and good deeds...

suffiyan007
07-08-2008, 05:45 PM
i know u stated the the verses of Quran from the Surah Al-Jinn!....and must not believe in SAtan but we must resist and fight back,jihad.....to restrain our faith to fight with SAtan.!

truemuslim
07-09-2008, 12:22 AM
How can you see a jinni?
You can't really believe they exist until u see em.
I know that sounds so unislamic , but thats how i am . I CAN'T Believe this type of stuff just like that. For some reason, EVEN if i have proof from quran and hadiths.
Coz everything is so mixed up nowadays, everyone makin lies, you can't tell whats the truth..

and HOW do you do black magic?

Eeman
07-09-2008, 01:28 AM
How can you see a jinni?
I know that sounds so unislamic , but thats how i am . I CAN'T Believe this type of stuff just like that. For some reason, EVEN if i have proof from quran and hadiths.
Coz everything is so mixed up nowadays, everyone makin lies, you can't tell whats the truth..

Dear sister Qur'an al karim is the truth... it is Allah swt's own words of mercy and wisdom to makind. so if Allah swt says they exist just like He tells us that angels exist and that He Himself exist then it exists!!! simple as, angels are part of the ghaib and so is our Almighty Lord unseen.

so what your trying to say is that if you cannot see something then it does not exist? then one could go further and say oh i dont see angels therefore i wont believe in angels either and Astaghfirullah one can eve take that further and say oh you know what i dont see God so therefore He dont exist and that the Qur'an is nothing but made up lies. then you are doing nothing but heading towards the fire of Hell (GOD FORBID!)

Why are you so determined to know how black magic is done or how it works??? doing magic on people or yourself makes one a kafir that ends up yet again in Hellfire. so of course Allah swt is not gonna have a chapter in the Qur'an saying my slaves this is how you do magic so you can burn in Hell for eternity. The Qur'an's purpose is to guide us to the straight path and teach us Allah swt's laws and commands not to tempt us to be one of the losers of the hereafter.

Allah swt says:

2:102 And follow that which the devils falsely related against the kingdom of Solomon. Solomon disbelieved not; but the devils disbelieved, teaching mankind magic and that which was revealed to the two angels in Babel, Harut and Marut. Nor did they (the two angels) teach it to anyone till they had said: We are only a temptation, therefore disbelieve not (in the guidance of Allah). And from these two (angles) people learn that by which they cause division between man and wife; but they injure thereby no-one save by Allah's leave. And they learn that which harmeth them and profiteth them not. And surely they do know that he who trafficketh therein will have no (happy) portion in the Hereafter; and surely evil is the price for which they sell their souls, if they but knew.

so there you go it clearly tells you that magic is nothing but merely teachings of the shaytaan and that people that do magic lose out in the portion of the hereafter. Nor can magic harm you or have any affect on you except if Allah swt wills.

Dear sister a word of advice coming from someone who has experienced the damage of black magic and what it can do to you. seek refuge in Allah swt from it and ask for protection.
By you learning how its done is only a step away from doing it, abstain from such things and ask Allah swt to guide your heart and i pray that He does and gets such thoughts out of your head. The shaytaan is our number one enemy and we are all fighting the jihad within ourselves against him so protect yourself from him and turn to the Almighty Lord.

Hisbul_Aziz
07-09-2008, 03:41 AM
How can you see a jinni?
72:26 "He (alone) knows the UNSEEN, nor does He make any one acquainted with His Mysteries,-

snakelegs
07-09-2008, 04:46 AM
How can you see a jinni?

i think as a muslim, you have to accept the fact that they exist because it says so in the qur'an, which puts it beyond dispute.
but i see nothing wrong with saying that you don't understand them because you have never seen one.
i mean, though i have my doubts, even i can't categorically state that they don't exist just because i've never seen one.

north_malaysian
07-09-2008, 05:14 AM
i can't categorically state that they don't exist just because i've never seen one.
I dont ever want to see one!:blind:

Woodrow
07-09-2008, 06:05 AM
My curiosity is now aroused. I wonder if some Jinn fear Humans like some humans fear Jinn? I wonder if it is possible for a Good Jinn to become possessed by an evil human?

Just idle curiosity, but I wonder.

north_malaysian
07-09-2008, 06:29 AM
i've heard somebody said that in this world the jinns can see us but we cant see them.

and in the hereafter, we can see them but they cannot see us.

snakelegs
07-09-2008, 06:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
My curiosity is now aroused. I wonder if some Jinn fear Humans like some humans fear Jinn? I wonder if it is possible for a Good Jinn to become possessed by an evil human?

Just idle curiosity, but I wonder.
well, here is something idler and curiousitier:
what if we are the jinns and don't know it?
i don't particularly want to meet one either, but i find humans a lot more scary.

north_malaysian
07-09-2008, 06:38 AM
what if we are the jinns and don't know it?
I doubt it... because we can be destroyed with fire....

truemuslim
07-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Than HOW do peopel claim they've seen them? and how can we know they exist other than it says so in the quran....:eek: omg look at what im turning into!

I WANNA SEE A JINNI NO MATTER HOW CLOSE TO "R" MOVIES THEY LOOK. :D
I WANNA SEE BLACK MAGIC HAPPEN NO MATTER HOW...HOW HARD IT IS. :D

NOw HOW do you do any of those?

Can't, right?

Souljette
07-09-2008, 05:27 PM

SIs True muslim, you don't see a jinn..you know that the person is possessed and you know that jinns are there because of the various surah's and ahadeeth on them ..Read SIS Eemaan's post..I think you'll benefit alot from it.

Black magic is like voodoo...?? Do you know what voodoo is? I'm almost sure you do if you live in the states but maybe cuz i lived in N.Y i know more about it..anyways Black magic is not a good thing..it is basically when you are cursing a person...Also for this read Sis Eemaan's post and read it carefully because it also has information on that

If you still don't understand it..well we'll see what we can do

truemuslim
07-09-2008, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Souljette

SIs True muslim, you don't see a jinn..you know that the person is possessed and you know that jinns are there because of the various surah's and ahadeeth on them ..Read SIS Eemaan's post..I think you'll benefit alot from it.

Black magic is like voodoo...?? Do you know what voodoo is? I'm almost sure you do if you live in the states but maybe cuz i lived in N.Y i know more about it..anyways Black magic is not a good thing..it is basically when you are cursing a person...Also for this read Sis Eemaan's post and read it carefully because it also has information on that

If you still don't understand it..well we'll see what we can do
k jazakallah khair :)

Alphabet:
I believe Jinn can take on the form of objects/humans, should they wish to.
How are humans more power ful than this then?

"Other than it says so in the Quran". Do you even realise what you are saying? The very foundation of your faith is the Quran. How can you doubt something the Quran tells you, yet be a muslim?
yh i kno , i think im half kuffar. :cry:
told u i aint no truemuslim

The obvious question now is, why do you believe in Allah? Allah's mentioned in the Quran and hadith, just like jinn are. Unless you've seen Allah?
thats GOD. you cant compare god with jinn, jinn is like that accessory right there. like us humans, but better.

You want to see a jinn, even though you get scared of your own dreams? :rollseyes
I neeever said im scared of them, i said i wanna avoid them!

Black magic ruins lives. How can you possibly want to see it in action? Don't be so foolish. People can and do practice magic. No amount of denying will change that.
You know what else ruins lives? Being clueless about your deen. With all the answers in front of you, but you being such an athiest mind.
Whats wrong with seeing someone "try" and "hope" to make something fly?
:D

truemuslim
07-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Your prophet, peace be upon him, the mercy to mankind and jinn, was a human. Not from the jinn.
ah so THAT is how we're more powerful than us?
k make sense

Iblis was told to prostrate to Adam. Does this tell you anything?
iblis has a horrible disease of fourth grade jealousy?

The point I was making, is that the whole foundation of your religion is the Quran. If you can accept what the Quran tells you about Allah (a being that you cannot see in this world), then you should be able to accept what's told about jinn (a set of beings you can't see in this world).
yh but when u think of god you see the world he has created, when u think of jinni u see "those things" people talk bout.

Same difference, lol. If you're not afraid, quit trying to avoid them. ;)
I wanna avoid them from coming true, and i awnna avoid them coming again, well...the bad ones... That prety much is the opposite of scared.

Make something fly? Is that what you imagine, when thinking of magic?

That is not the kind of magic talked about in the Quran. Not the silly Harry Potter stuff. But rather, the things that cause seperation between husband wife, unexplained illnesses etc.
ah so its life things...hm...

where did they learn it to begin with?

truemuslim
07-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Jinns are a rather convenient explanation for a lot of the unexplained mysteries you see/hear about in this world, don't you think?
Yeh i know, but like what? Like a chair falling down with no one there? Could be ALLAH doing it? Why it go back to the jinn instead?

Magic was taught to humans/jinns by the two angels called Harut and Marut. They were sent down by Allah as a test, to see who would trangress. This is mentioned in the Quran.
Ooh, Ook :D So got one answer.

Just a word of advice, you seem sincere in your quest to learn, mashaAllah, so try and not be sarcastic or speak in a mocking tone when you ask questions relating to Islam. Doing so makes you come across as being insincere, thus you're likely to get negative responses.
Was i being sarcastic or mocking? :-[ I didnt mean it. my questions and responses just go out like that.

Jazakallah khair

Re.TiReD
07-09-2008, 07:38 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Sometimes we need to accept that some things are part of Al-Ghayb and some things we will never know. The keys of the unseen belong to Allah alone. Saying that, if you see a Jinn...all the best. But for now, dont worry about them.

Think about fairies instead.

WassalamuAlaykum

chacha_jalebi
07-09-2008, 07:52 PM
worrevaaa alpha :p

i think what happens is we get to much involved in this stuff of jinns and all that, and there is so much more in islaam then the concept of jinns innayy like we should read about them, its obviously interesting and stuff, but the more you think about it the more your mind will be confoosed.

if a chair fallss down, maybe its the wind lol, if some one is actin cockle doo dooo, then mayb they are just high or excited lol, if someone sounds like a robot, maybe they are jus sufferin from diahorea :D lol all the unexplained stuff dont have to be always be jinn

and in many families especially asian ones, its so common that if anythin goes wrong "omg someone has done black magic on us" the kids dont study @ all, they flop their exams, "erm aunty maybe its cos he didnt study and he naturally got that grade" "NO SOMEONE DONE MAGIC".... :D

its just people become suspicious and paranoid about things quite a lot, when its not really a jinn or magic

jinns do exist, and we can only say what we have been told of them innayy,

truemuslim
07-09-2008, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ...54M4K4H...
AssalamuAlaykum

Sometimes we need to accept that some things are part of Al-Ghayb and some things we will never know. The keys of the unseen belong to Allah alone. Saying that, if you see a Jinn...all the best. But for now, dont worry about them.

Think about fairies instead.

WassalamuAlaykum
A bit hard for me. Considering im pretty much in the level of the worst muslim?

Btw i hate fairies, im still waiting for my $10 from the toothfairy for 5 yrs. (JOOKING)
alpha:
lol. Funny question. I don't even know how to respond. :blind:

Unexplained phenomenon like chairs falling... people would most commonly attribute this to ghosts, perhaps. We as muslims have a better explanation and that is the jinn. Why would Allah want to scare people by knocking down chairs? *roll eyes*
Why? You got the whole alphabet in ur blood.
It COULD be allah, it could be a jinni, for ME i would say allah.
Maybe he was tryna squish an ant under the chair? Alright well allah is able to do anything, whenever he wants, he's al qadir to eeeverything.
Allah can scare us with jinni's, with dreams, with natural disasters, with bad people around us, why wouldn't he do this? Its all a test, see how scared we can be.

It does sometimes come across that way. Try and think about how people might perceive and react to your posts, before you hit that submit button. :)
:-[ sorry
I just mean to say something, or regret something, but i guess i make it sound like ima athiest or something:-[:-[:-[

truemuslim
07-09-2008, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
worrevaaa alpha :p

i think what happens is we get to much involved in this stuff of jinns and all that, and there is so much more in islaam then the concept of jinns innayy like we should read about them, its obviously interesting and stuff, but the more you think about it the more your mind will be confoosed.

if a chair fallss down, maybe its the wind lol, if some one is actin cockle doo dooo, then mayb they are just high or excited lol, if someone sounds like a robot, maybe they are jus sufferin from diahorea :D lol all the unexplained stuff dont have to be always be jinn

and in many families especially asian ones, its so common that if anythin goes wrong "omg someone has done black magic on us" the kids dont study @ all, they flop their exams, "erm aunty maybe its cos he didnt study and he naturally got that grade" "NO SOMEONE DONE MAGIC".... :D

its just people become suspicious and paranoid about things quite a lot, when its not really a jinn or magic

jinns do exist, and we can only say what we have been told of them innayy,
are you thinking the same why i do? :raging: DONNNT

But yeh, mayb NONE of the times was a jinni :D

chacha_jalebi
07-09-2008, 07:58 PM
what ya mean sister twister:D

are you thinking the same why i do? DONNNT
?? sorry i only speak and understand english of a harvard/oxford/ level :embarrass :p

truemuslim
07-09-2008, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
what ya mean sister twister:D

?? sorry i only speak and understand english of a harvard/oxford/ level :embarrass :p
no u dont, you only sbeek the ghetto englsih (for ppl who hate the english language...like meh)

You sounded like u was sayin why it have to be the jinni, did you also mean jinni dont botha ppl?? :D:-[

chacha_jalebi
07-09-2008, 08:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dudeā„¢
Chacha, just wait for that extra spicy kebab.
dont make me edit more stuff :D

and threatening a mod jeez, how low can you go :(

all im tryna do is my job, make this forum a better place for everyone :p

appreciate meee :D

chacha_jalebi
07-09-2008, 08:13 PM
no u dont, you only sbeek the ghetto englsih (for ppl who hate the english language...like meh)

You sounded like u was sayin why it have to be the jinni, did you also mean jinni dont botha ppl?? :D:-[
lets act like you didnt write the first sentence :mmokay:

i meaant sister that like you know erm like that i meant that you know :p

basically like many a times we are paranoid about stuff, like thins are put into our head, for example when we were small we was told, if we go out of the sight of our parents in the park, we will get lost and their will be kidnappers and bla bla, worreva when i used to run away from parents i used to play with the big kids and felt elder :embarrass until i realised they only used mee as a ball boy :(

so its like jinns are put in our head innit, or black magic

ok back on topic is this thread solved because its on the verge of bein closed..

any more Qs sistaaa

Ninth_Scribe
07-09-2008, 08:17 PM
And I can tell you, judging from the news... there's of heck of a lot of that going on, but for real!

For the most part, these evil spirits destroy the ones they possess. Once in awhile some clues are left though. For instance the shooter at Virginia Tech... nobody seemed to pay attention to his video, but if they did, they would surely understand that the person who was talking was certainly NOT the kid who he possessed. The person who was talking was another soul, one that had already died, hence the words:

I gave you a million and one chances, but you decided to spill my blood, and now I will spill yours.

I'm beginning to suspect that certain anti-anxiety meds and study buddy drugs leave people wide open for possession. I just can't "prove" it. But I do know there are a number of souls, Jinns and otherwise out and about in the world today. I don't know how they got loose ~ but me thinks someone let them in. I'd be really careful if I were you. This is very dangerous ground.

The Ninth Scribe

truemuslim
07-09-2008, 08:17 PM
its so hard to understand u...(jalebi)

lol

Ok, welllll, Is there ANY way to see a jinni? Other than quran is there any proof they exist?
Is there any proof including quran that they can possess, or form into things?
And for black magic...
Isnt the quran protected by allah so no one can do anything to it? Well in magic the jinn tell the magician to do stuff to the quran, bad stuff, and they do it...

?

So is the quran protected from black magic or not?
Where does it say that jinn can posses us unpowerful humans?

chacha_jalebi
07-09-2008, 08:25 PM
if someone copy and pasted this first, we could have solved the problem asap

anyway check this sister taken from good old islamqa.com

The Qur’aan and Sunnah indicate that the jinn exist, and that there is a purpose for their existence in this life, which is to worship Allaah Alone, with no partner or associate. Allaah says (interpretation of the meanings):

“And I (Allaah) created not the jinns and humans, except they should worship Me (Alone).” [al-Dhaariyaat 51:56].

“O assembly of jinns and mankind! Did there not come to you Messengers from amongst you, reciting unto you My Verses…?” [al-An’aam 6:130]

The world of the jinn is an independent and separate world, with its own distinct nature and features that are hidden from the world of humans. Jinns and humans have some things in common, such as the possession of understanding and the choice between the way of good and the way of evil. The word jinn comes from an Arabic root meaning “hidden from sight”. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“… Verily he [Shaytaan] and his qabeeluhu [his soldiers from the jinn or his tribe] see you from where you cannot see them…” [al-A’raaf 7:27]

Allaah has told us in His Book the essence from which the jinn were created. He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And the jinn, We created aforetime from the smokeless flame o fire.” [al-Hijr 15:27]

“And the jinns did He create from a smokeless flame of fire.” [al-Rahmaan 55:15].

According to a hadeeth narrated by ‘Aa’ishah, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The angels were created from light, the jinn were created from fire, and Aadam was created from that which has been described to you.” (Reported by Muslim, 5314).

Types of jinn

Allaah has created different types of jinn. Among them are some who can take on different forms, such as dogs and snakes; some who are like flying winds with wings; and some who can travel and rest. Abu Tha’labah al-Khushani said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The jinn are of three types: a types that has wings, and they fly through the air; a type that looks like snakes and dogs; and a type that stops for a rest then resumes its journey.” (Reported by al-Tahhaawi in Mushkil al-Athaar, 4/95, and by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer, 22/214. Shaykh al-Albaani said in al-Mishkaat (2/1206, no. 4148): al-Tahhaawi and Abu’l-Shaykh reported it with a saheeh isnaad).

The jinn and the sons of Aadam

Every individual among the sons of Aadam has a jinn who has been appointed to be his constant companion (qareen). Ibn Mas’ood said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘There is not one of you who does not have a jinn appointed to be his constant companion.’ They said, ‘And you too, O Messenger of Allaah?’ He said, ‘Me too, but Allaah has helped me and he has submitted, so that he only helps me to do good.’” (Reported by Muslim, 2814). Al-Nawawi said in his commentary on Muslim (17/175): “‘He has submitted’ … he became a believing Muslim. This is the apparent meaning. Al-Qaadi said: Know that the ummah is agreed upon the fact that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was protected from Shaytaan, physically and mentally, and with regard to his speech. This hadeeth contains a reference to the warning against the fitnah (temptation, trial) and whispers of the qareen (constant companion from among the jinn). We know that he is with us so we should beware of him as much as possible.”

Their powers

Allaah has given the jinn powers that he has not given to humans. Allaah has told us about some of their powers, such as the ability to move and travel quickly. An ‘ifreet from among the jinn guaranteed to the Prophet Sulaymaan (peace be upon him) that he would bring the throne of the Queen of Yemen to Jerusalem in a moment faster than that needed for a man to get up from where he was sitting. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“An ‘ifreet (strong one) from the jinns said: ‘I will bring it [her throne] to you before you rise from your place (council). And verily, I am indeed strong, and trustworthy for such work.’ One with whom was knowledge of the Scripture said: ‘I will bring it to you within the twinkling of an eye!’ – then when Sulaymaan saw it placed before him, he said, ‘This is by the Grace of my Lord…’” [al-Naml 27:39-40].

The food and drink of the jinn

The jinn eat and drink. Ibn Mas’ood said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Someone from among the jinn called me, and I went with him and recited Qur’aan for them.’ He took us and showed us the traces of where they had been and the traces of their fires. They asked him for food and he said, ‘You can have every bone on which the name of Allaah has been mentioned that comes into your possession, as meat, and all the droppings as food for your animals.’ The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘So do not use [these things] for cleaning yourselves [after relieving oneself], for they are the food and provision of your brothers.’” (Reported by Muslim, 450). According to another report: “A delegation of jinn from Naseebeen came to me, and what good jinn they are! They asked me for food and I prayed to Allaah for them, so that they would not pass by bones or droppings, but they would find food on them.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 3571). The believing jinn may eat any bone on which the name of Allaah has been mentioned, because the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not permit them to have anything on which Allaah’s name has not been mentioned – those are for the kuffaar among the jinn.

The beasts of the jinn

According to the hadeeth narrated by Ibn Mas’ood, that we have quoted above, the jinn asked the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) for provision, and he said to them: “…and [you can have] all the droppings as food for your animals.”

The dwelling-places of the jinn

The jinn live on this earth where we do. They are mostly to be found in ruins and unclean places like bathrooms, dunghills, garbage dumps and graveyards. Hence the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught us to take precautions when entering such places, by reciting the adhkaar (prayers) prescribed by Islam. One of these was reported by Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him), who said: “When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) entered the toilet, he would say, ‘Allaahumma innee a’oodhu bika min al-khubuthi wa’l-khabaa’ith (O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from the evil ones, male and female).’” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 142; and Muslim, 375). Al-Khattaabi explained that khubuth is the plural of khabeeth (evil or dirty – masculine form), and khabaa’ith is the plural of khabeethah (evil or dirty – feminine form), and that what is meant is male and female shayaateen.

Some jinns are Muslims and some are kaafirs

Allaah tells us that some of the jinn said (interpretation of the meaning):

“ ‘And some of us are Muslims, and of us some are al-qaasitoon (disbelievers – those who have deviated from the Right Path). And whosoever has embraced Islam, then such have sought the Right Path. And as for the qaasitoon, they shall be firewood for Hell.’” [al-Jinn 72:14-15]

The Muslims among the jinn are of different levels as regards righteousness and taqwa. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“[Some jinn said:] ‘There are among us some that are righteous, and some the contrary; we are groups, each having a different way (religious sects, etc.)’” [al-Jinn 72:11]

The story of how the first jinn of this ummah became Muslim was narrated by ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abbaas, who said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went out with a group of his Companions heading for the marketplace of ‘Ukaaz. This was when the shayaateen were prevented from getting any news from heaven, and shooting stars had been sent against them. The shayaateen went back to their people, who said, ‘What is the matter with you?’ They said, ‘We cannot get news from heaven, and shooting stars were sent against us.’ Their people said, ‘Nothing is stopping you from hearing news from heaven except some new event that must have happened. Go and look in the east and the west of the earth, and see if you can find out what it is that is stopping you from hearing news from heaven.’ Those who went out in the direction of Tihaamah came upon the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in Nakhlah, when he was on his way to ‘Ukaaz, and found him leading his Companions in Fajr prayer. When they heard the Qur’aan, they listened to it and said, ‘By Allaah, this is what is stopping us from hearing news from heaven.’ When they went back to their people, they said, ‘O our people, we have heard a wonderful Recital (the Qur’aan). It guides to the Right Path, and we have believed therein, and we shall never join (in worship) anything with our Lord (Allaah). [al-Jinn 72:2 – interpretation of the meaning]. Then Allaah revealed to His Prophet peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) the words (interpretation of the meaning): “Say (O Muhammad): ‘It has been revealed to me that a group of jinns listened (to this Qur’aan)…’ [al-Jinn 72:1], and Allaah revealed to him what the jinn had said.” (reported by al-Bukhaari, 731).

Their reckoning on the Day of Resurrection

The jinn will be called to account on the day of Resurrection. Mujaahid (may Allaah have mercy on him) said, concerning the aayah (interpretation of the meaning): “… but the jinns know well that they have indeed to appear (before Him) (i.e., they will be brought to account)” [al-Saffaat 37:158]: “They will be brought to judgement.” Saheeh al-Bukhaari, Baab Dhikr al-Jinn wa Thawaabihim wa ‘Iqaabihim.

Protection from the harm of the jinn

Because the jinn can see us while we cannot see them, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught us many ways to protect ourselves from their harm, such as seeking refuge with Allaah from the accursed Shaytaan, reciting Soorat al-Falaq and Soorat al-Naas (the last two Soorahs of the Qur’aan), and reciting the words taught by Allaah in the Qur’aan (interpretation of the meaning): “Say: ‘My Lord! I seek refuge with You from the whisperings (suggestions) of the shayaateen (devils). And I seek refuge with You, my Lord, lest they may attend (or come near) me.’” [al-Mu’minoon 23:97-98]

Saying Bismillaah (in the Name of Allaah) before entering one’s home, before eating or drinking, and before having intercourse will also keep the Shaytaan from entering the house or partaking with a person in his food, drink and sexual activity. Similarly, mentioning the name of Allaah before entering the toilet or taking off one’s clothes will prevent the jinn from seeing a person’s ‘awrah or harming him, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “To put a barrier that will prevent the jinn from seeing the ‘awrah of the sons of Aadam, let any one of you say ‘Bismillaah’ when entering the toilet.” (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, 551; Saheeh al-Jaami’, 3611).

Strength of faith and religion in general will also prevent the jinn from harming a person, so much so that if they were to fight, the one who has faith would win. ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “A man from among the Companions of Muhammad met a man from among the jinn. They wrestled, and the human knocked down the jinn. The human said to him, ‘You look small and skinny to me, and your forearms look like the front paws of a dog. Do all the jinn look like this, or only you?’ He said, ‘No, by Allaah, among them I am strong, but let us wrestle again, and if you defeat me I will teach you something that will do you good.’ The human said, ‘Fine.’ He said, ‘Recite, ‘Allaah! None has the right to be worshipped but He, the Ever-living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists…’ [Aayat al-Kursi – al-Baqarah 2:255 – interpretation of the meaning]. The human said, ‘Fine.’ He said, ‘You will never recite this in your house but the Shaytaan will come out of it like a donkey breaking wind, and he will never come back in until the next morning.’” (Reported by al-Daarimi, 3247).

This is a brief summary about the jinn, and their nature and characteristics. Allaah is the Best of protectors and the Most Merciful of those who show mercy.

truemuslim
07-09-2008, 09:51 PM
:) Jazakallah khair bro

NOW you can close the thread. :D
Jazakallah khair and jannah :)

chacha_jalebi
07-09-2008, 10:25 PM
hopee your Qs were answered :D

@ joour servicee :threadclo :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.