/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Zamzam Water- The Benefits!

07-07-2008, 10:19 PM
THE BENEFITS OF DRINKING ZAMZAM WATER

Ibn 'Abbaas said: "The people of Makkah used to be the fastest when it comes to sprinting, and the most powerful when it comes to wrestling, but as soon as they stopped drinking Zamzam water, they started to suffer from a disease in their legs."

He also said that the Messenger of Allaah :arabic5: had said: "Zamzam water is what one intends to drink for. When one drinks it to be healed, Allaah heals him; when one drinks it be full, Allaah makes him full; and when one drinks it to quench his thirst, Allaah quenches it." [Ahmad and Ibn Maajah]

There is no doubt that drinking Zamzam water is very beneficial. Thus, dear brothers and sisters! One should drink Zamzam water because it is the best water on earth. Ibn 'Abbaas, may Allah be pleased with him, said that the Prophet :arabic5: had said: "The best water on earth is Zamzam water".

Ibn Khaytham said, "Ibn Wahb came to us suffering from an illness. We, then, paid him a visit and found out that he had Zamzam water. We said to him, 'If you taste this water, you will find it crude (salty).' Then, he said: 'I'll drink from it till I recover. I swear by the One Who owns my soul that it is in the Book of Allaah, 'Zamzam neither drains nor can by vilified.' It is in the Book of Allaah, `... It is the drink of the pious.' It is in the Book of Allaah, 'Priceless perfume.' It is in the Book of Allaah, ‘It is a lavish meal and a great healer.’ I swear by the One Who owns my soul that if anyone drink his full from it, he recovers.' [Sa'eed Ibn Mansoor and Al-Arzaqi]

All the above proves the authenticity of the narration: "Zamzam water is what one intends to drink for." Additionally, many Islamic scholars drank it and experienced its dazzling effects. For instance, Imaam Abu Haneefah drank from Zamzam water in order to be a knowledgeable scholar and he became the best among the scholars in his era.

Al-Bakri said: "I tried (Zamzam water) and sensed the truth about what had been said about it, and when I drank it, I had no doubt about its amazing effect."
It is also true that Imaam Shaafi'i felt its tangible results when he drank Zamzam water in order to be a knowledgeable person and a good arrow shooter, fitting nine out of ten targets at a time.

Al-Ajmi said that when drinking Zamzam water one should ask for forgiveness from sins, one may say: "O Allaah! It came to my knowledge that your Prophet :arabic5: said, 'Zamzam water is what one intends to drink it for.' O Allaah! I am drinking it to forgive me. O Allaah! Forgive me." Besides, when someone drinks it to be healed, it is good to say: "O Allaah! I am drinking it to be healed. O Allaah! Heal me."

The ruling of carrying Zamzam Water outside Makkah

Al-Imaam Al-Faarisi mentioned that it is permissible to carry Zamzam water outside Makkah according to the four juristic schools, and that it is even recommended by Imaam Maalik and Imaam Shaafi'ee .

'Aa'ishah also mentioned that the Prophet :arabic5: and herself used to do that. [At-Tirmithi]. Abu Hasan said: "The Prophet :arabic5: wrote to Suhayl Ibn 'Amr : 'If you receive my message at night, do not wait till the morning, and if you receive it in the morning do not wait till night; just immediately send me some Zamzam water.' Then, Suhail's wife with the help of his grandfather, Ayoob Ibn 'Abdullaah, and their maids carried Zamzam water at night…" [Abu Moosaa Al-Madeeni & Al-Azraqi]

Attaa stated that Ka'bah Al-Ahbaar used to carry it to ancient Syria.

'Aa'ishah carried Zamzam in bottles for sick people. The Prophet :arabic5: also carried it in leather bags and used to pour it on the sick and give it to them as a drink. [Al-Faakihi]

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
07-14-2008, 09:52 PM
:salamext:

SubhanAllah thats amazing! So informative sis, JazakAllah khayr for sharing!

:wasalamex

07-14-2008, 09:56 PM
Wa iyyaak ukhti!

------
07-21-2008, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rose_Ice
He also said that the Messenger of Allaah :arabic5: had said: "Zamzam water is what one intends to drink for. When one drinks it to be healed, Allaah heals him; when one drinks it be full, Allaah makes him full; and when one drinks it to quench his thirst, Allaah quenches it." [Ahmad and Ibn Maajah]
:salamext:

Jazaak Allaah Khayr sis!!

This hadith will deffo come in handy inshaAllaah!

Please make dua that my intention for what I will drink it for (good intention) is fulfilled!!! (Say Ameen)

P.S. Thread moved to Umrah, hajj, eid-ul-adha section?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Soulja Girl
07-21-2008, 05:43 PM
:sl:

^Ameen...

Great thread sis, Jazakillah khair for sharing. :)

:w:

07-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Please make dua that my intention for what I will drink it for (good intention) is fulfilled!!! (Say Ameen)
The words of the prophet are true, it will be inshaallaah! :okay:

Ameeeeen!!

Also, I don't think I've put it up there put I read that one of the major scholars (i think it was imam Abu Hanifa) drank it for knowledge. Now that is something worth considering!!

Simply_Logical
07-21-2008, 07:20 PM
subhanallah, allah indeed is the best provider - YA RAZZAQ!

glo
08-09-2008, 06:45 PM
I understand that zamzam water is considered to have healing properties.

Can somebody tell me where it originates, how you can purchase it, and how you can tell that it is the 'real thing'?

FatimaAsSideqah
08-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Greetings Glo.

So Ibrahim (PBUH) followed Allah's instructions. He took his second wife Hajira and his son baby Isma'il out of Palestine, travelling for several days. When they arrived at the valley of Bacca (Makkah) in Saudi Arabia, Ibrahim left Hajira and Isma'il, where nothing grew or lived.

He knew that Allah would take care of them.

Allah instructed Prophet Ibrahim (PBUH) to leave them there and he did so, with some food and drink. But it was not long before their water ran out.

Isma'il began to get very weak, and hungry, and started to cry. He began kicking his feet into the ground, 'kick, kick', 'kick, kick'

Hajira was desperate to find some help. There were two hills, Safa and Marwah, one on either side of the valley.

Hajira climbed first one, then the other, looking in all directions to find water. She saw nothing. Desperate, she ran from hill to hill seven times, searching in case she had missed any sign of help in the distance.

Hajira went up and down the two hills seven times, each time, returning to her son Isma'il, seeing how he was doing.

Sadly she returned to her son, and began to pray to Allah for help
(Surah Baqarah, 2: 158)

Hajira looked at Isma'il, and saw something strange.

Bubbling and sparkling in the sun, there was a small spring of water rising out of the ground near her son's feet! She was delighted, and relieved. They were saved.

All that kicking by Isma'il (PBUH) into the ground, caused a water-spring to gush from the earth.

They drank, and thanked Allah. The water was sweet and cool.

Hajira and Isma'il settled by this spring, which came to be called The Well of Zam-Zam, and is still visited by Muslims on pilgrimage today.

With their water supply secure, Hajira and Isma'il (PBUH) were able to trade with wandering nomads for food and other supplies.

Zam-Zam orginally from Makkah in Saudi Arabia.

Best way to purchase it in Makkah because it will be more fresh.

Whatsthepoint
08-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Have any healing properties of the ZamZam water been proven recently?

glo
08-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Thank you for sharing that story, Fatima.

The Biblical story in Genesis 21 tells a story similar to your's, and Isma'il/Ishmael was certainly blessed and protected by God:
Early the next morning Abraham took some food and a skin of water and gave them to Hagar. He set them on her shoulders and then sent her off with the boy. She went on her way and wandered in the desert of Beersheba.

When the water in the skin was gone, she put the boy under one of the bushes. Then she went off and sat down nearby, about a bowshot away, for she thought, "I cannot watch the boy die." And as she sat there nearby, she began to sob.

God heard the boy crying, and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her, "What is the matter, Hagar? Do not be afraid; God has heard the boy crying as he lies there. Lift the boy up and take him by the hand, for I will make him into a great nation."

Then God opened her eyes and she saw a well of water. So she went and filled the skin with water and gave the boy a drink.

God was with the boy as he grew up. He lived in the desert and became an archer. While he was living in the Desert of Paran, his mother got a wife for him from Egypt.

FatimaAsSideqah
08-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Western people's view about Zam-Zam.

http://www.helium.com/items/1056071-...-zam-zam-water

There have 6 pages in this link.

Zam Zam water has also known to cure many illnesses and a replacement for food as stated in many Hadiths Rasulullah.

Also taken from the Hadiths Rasulullah, it is said that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) have once healed a patient running of high fever with just a sprinkle of Zam Zam water which he had rationed in his water skin onto the patient's forehead. Miraculously, the patient recovered a few minutes after that.

Modern day scientists who were skeptical towards this miracle water did several tests on it. Their research had come up with several discoveries regarding the miracle water. Minerals such as sodium, calcium, potassium, magnesium, sulphur, nitrates and phosphates were found.

FatimaAsSideqah
08-09-2008, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Thank you for sharing that story, Fatima.

The Biblical story in Genesis 21 tells a story similar to your's, and Isma'il/Ishmael was certainly blessed and protected by God:
Interesting story, Glo. Thanks for it.

Peace be with you.

08-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Thanks for that sister Fatima:D I've been busy lately and didn't get a chance to reply

FatimaAsSideqah
08-16-2008, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rose_Ice
Thanks for that sister Fatima:D I've been busy lately and didn't get a chance to reply
wa iyakki ukhtee:)

Riyadh-ul-Jannah
09-01-2008, 05:17 PM
:sl:
Wow, I never knew that zamzam water was so benificial,
Jazakallah for sharing!

faizan786
09-04-2008, 04:40 AM
Wow. Jazak'Allah for sharing sister. This is one of the numerous beneficial posts I've seen in my short time here. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.