View Full Version : Suicide by Smoking

Nájlá
07-07-2008, 10:52 PM
:sl:
http://www.muslim-network.org/forum/...read.php?t=192

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MunirAhmadKamil
07-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Wa alykumsalam..interesting topic there:)

oh i might ask here aswell..if passive smokers died because of the smoke from the smoker..is that murder by any chance?

Na7lah
07-07-2008, 11:12 PM
i don't think the person's gona die from one inhalation :X

as for the question inshallah someone else can answer...

MunirAhmadKamil
07-07-2008, 11:14 PM
assalamu alykum..

hehe well not from one inhalation..i mean like if i lived with a smoker and died because of the passive smoking:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nájlá
07-08-2008, 02:33 PM
bump

suffiyan007
07-08-2008, 03:36 PM
smoking is haram(prohibited)...Cause is silent killer,some said is makruh...if people doing lotsa makruh things can turn into Haram....! if non-smoker inhale
the smoke that the smoker,it can turn into venom.

MunirAhmadKamil
07-09-2008, 09:20 PM
so it is like posioning someone else?

aadil77
07-09-2008, 09:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Suffiyan007
smoking is haram(prohibited)...Cause is silent killer,some said is makruh...if people doing lotsa makruh things can turn into Haram....! if non-smoker inhale
the smoke that the smoker,it can turn into venom.
Bro you have to be extremely careful before you say something is haram you could be accusing millions of muslims of doing haram, make sure you provide evidence before making such statements

Nájlá
07-09-2008, 10:35 PM
i think smoking is haram.
i'll find some evdience inshallah

chacha_jalebi
07-09-2008, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by najla93
i think smoking is haram.
i'll find some evdience inshallah
it iss isnt it

its a intoxicant, it affects you and affects others

as the famous sayin goes "smoking is like your payin yourself to die" and how can you smoke eeeeh, the smelly breath and the smellin of smoke +o(

rather eat some pick n mix eh:D

also passive smokin does affect people, thats why smokin was banned and when you go edgware rd you see all the people with the sheesha outside the shop hah and all the "wannabe kool kids" who had to hide the fact they did sheeshaa from their parents cant do sheesha now, because they gotta do it outside and if anyone sees them they will get some chapals!!

i was so happy when smokin was banned :D

Nájlá
07-09-2008, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
it iss isnt it

the smelly breath and the smellin of smoke +o(

and when you go edgware rd you see all the people with the sheesha outside the shop hah and all the "wannabe kool kids" who had to hide the fact they did sheeshaa from their parents cant do sheesha now, because they gotta do it outside and if anyone sees them they will get some chapals!!

i was so happy when smokin was banned :D
:sl:
ohh dont remind of that sticky smell.+o(+o(

i was really happy when smoking was banned.:D

Smoking and Islam

In Islam cleanliness and hygiene are emphasized to the extent that it has been considered a part of Iman (faith). It is very well known that a smoker’s mouth is unclean and foul smelling “like a cigarette ash-tray.”

Allah says: “And forbids them what is bad.” The Qur’an, Surah Al-’Araf, 7:157
“0 ye who believe! Intoxicants and gambling are an abomination of Satan’s handiwork. Eschew such abominations that ye may prosper.” Al Ma’idah, 5:93

The word intoxicant has three meanings:

(1) To induce, especially the effect of ingested alcohol.

(2) To stimulate or excite.

(3) To poison.

Except the first meaning the latter two are very well valid and both applicable to nicotine and caffeine.

Smoking is nothing but a form of slow suicide. The Qur’an says:

“And slay not the life which Allah hath forbidden…”

Surah, Al-Isra, 17:33

“And make not your own hands contribute to your destruction.” Surah, Al-Baqara, 2: 195

“Nor kill or destroy yourselves for verily Allah hath been to you most Merciful.” Surah, An-Nisa, 4: 29

The Prophet Mohammad has said:

“Nor be hurt or injure others.” It is scientifically proven that the exhaled smoke of the smoker is hazardous to non-smokers around him.

The amount of money a smoker spends on cigarette smoking in a period of 30 years is calculated to be Two Hundred Thousand Dollars or more. All this money is simply wasted (not including the money spent on smoker’s health care).

Allah says:

“But squander not your wealth in the manner of a spend thrift, verily spendthrifts are brothers of evils.” Surah, Al-Isra, 17: 26, 27

Body is polluted by smoking. Hence smokers cannot pray until they have cleansed themselves. According to the Qur’an:

“0 ye who believe! Draw not near unto prayer when you are drunken, till ye know that which ye utter, nor when you are polluted save when journeying upon the road, till you have bathed.” Surah, An-Nisa, 4: 43

The Christians consider the human body to be a sacred trust given to man by God because it contains the spirit breathed into it by God. Even the Qur’an says:

“So,when I have made him and have breathed unto him of My spirit, do ye fall down, prostrating yourselves unto him ” Surah, Al-Hijr, 15: 29.

Hence the physical body should not be polluted or injured or destroyed in any way by smoking or taking of alcohol or any type of habit-forming drugs.

suffiyan007
07-09-2008, 11:25 PM
i had Read a pharmacy article.That nicotine is usually used a an insecticide,A smoker is likely to die six times faster from different related mouth cancers,The most common place where oral cancer forms are on the tongue,gums and floor of the mouth.

Nicotine is found in the tobacco plant.It constitutes approximately 0.6-3% of tabacco's dry weight and biosynthesized in the roots and leaves. Nicotine stimulates your central nervous system.It reduces blood level in your brain and induces depression, insomnia, irratiblity, difficulty in concentrating, restlessness, anxiety and etc.Smokers usually feel dizzy and sick when 1st inhale the nicotine in tabacco.Gradually th body builds its tolerance level and it soon degenerates to addiction to avoild pain of withdrawal symptoms.

When inhaled, nicotine takes roughly 7 seconds to reach the brain.The amount of nicotine absorbed into the body depends on how much tabacco a cigarette contains and also whether a filter is used. Tabacco chewed(held between the gum and inners lips) or sniffed(inhaled)has stronger effect compared to smoking. While the nicotine is in your body,your liver produces glucose and your adrenal medulla emits epinephrine. Epinephrine causes your heart to beat faster and is believe to evoke a euphoric e feeling.Nicotine also produces acetylcholine which depresses brain nerves.

- Nicotine has similar effect on the body as other illegal drugs,activating the brain's reward system by setting off addictive substances.There are also some studies which have suggested that nicotine my even more addictive than other illegal drugs!

- Men who smoke cigarettes are more likely to have erectile dysfucntion,as smoker's risk of having erectile dysfunction, in 16% higher than a non-smoker if one smokes less than 10 cigarettes a day. If one smokes between 11-20 cigarettes a day, one has a 36% higher risk in erectile problems.For men smoking more than 20 cigarettes a day, they have 60% risk of erectile dysfunction.

- 5000 foetuses die yearly during pregnancy due to smoking.Smoking during pregnancy also increases the risk of producing small underweight babies prone
to allegies,brain damages, and risking intellectual impairment.

There're over 4000 chemical compounds in cigarette smoke and more than 40
of them are known to cause cancer.when a smoker inhales da cigarette,the lung retain more than 70% of the Tar and nicotine that they inhale!

so is haram or Not? is haram,silent killer.!

Quit smoking!

truemuslim
07-10-2008, 12:02 AM
Anything that harms ur health or someone elses is haram, it might not say it exactly like this ... Prophet (pbuh) said: Smoking is haram

but it was said by health, if it harms ur health, its haram. smoking harms urs and others health, so wouldnt that be haram?

Heera Singh
07-10-2008, 12:18 AM
Smoking kills urself, as well as harming others around you... anything that harms u or others around u (intentionally) shouldn't be done, regardless if its considered 'haram' or not... its just pretty much common sense..

our 10th Guru chopped down an entire tobacco field because his hourse wouldn't even step through it... he stated 'drinking will kill a generation... but smoking will kill many generations to come'

suffiyan007
07-10-2008, 04:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Heera Singh
Smoking kills urself, as well as harming others around you... anything that harms u or others around u (intentionally) shouldn't be done, regardless if its considered 'haram' or not... its just pretty much common sense..

our 10th Guru chopped down an entire tobacco field because his hourse wouldn't even step through it... he stated 'drinking will kill a generation... but smoking will kill many generations to come'

i agreed with ya thought....smoking is prohibited.

my commentory:

1.Silent killer is smoking..

2. Smoking causes and effects:
The causes of smoking are well known among most smoker and yet they are puffing and squandering their money away. It may be all fun and games while you are still young but if the symptoms start to show,recovering maybe torturous journey. If you adverts portraying melodrama or exaggeration about how a smoking victim suffers,take note, because it could happen to you.!

Why do u smoke?
Reason: Because i am somehow in this so called"really good looking" fantasy world!.

This is one where you can point fingers directly towards advertising agencies who are so creative enough to manipulate you consciously into smoking. They always portray smoking in a stylish tone and manner,defining what looks good or not,and it is no wonder why you took the bait(at least this is one area that ot really your fault!)

Because Anorexia is the disease i am after!
many people believe that smoking keeps weights down and although it does not really like a diet pill or supplement,it does suppress your appetite.First of all it is a disease to become obsessive above your weight and you are pursuing a non-existant goal. So why smoke to lose weight when it an result to long term complications?

Because i like having bad breath,

Smoking causes one's health to stink and also stains teeth, Did you ever feel like you were being avoided especially when trying to speak up close with someone.? This is a good time to evaluate you breath by asking your friend opinions, or better yet,someone who is close to you. Unless you prefer to be shunned, we suggest you do something about it immediately!

10 reasons to stop smoking:

a) Brain and nervous system activities are stimulated for a short time and then reduced.

b) A smoker may often experience dizziness,nausea,watery eyes and acid in the stomach.

c) Appetite, taste and smell are subsequently weakened.

d) Smoking during pregnancy can effect the unborn child and babies are more
lightly to be born underweigth,premature, or be stillborn.

e)passive smoking where aperson is subject to breathing in the cigarette smoke of others,can cause lung damage,including cancer and heart disease.

f) Risk of developing respitory infections such as pneumonia and chronic bronchitis.

g) Risk of developing emphysema(a proggressive and potentially fatal lung disease.

h) Risk of developing heart attack..

i) Risk of developing cancer of the lungs, throat, mouth, bladder,kidney,pancreas, cervix and stomach.

j)Smoking 1 cigarette immediately raises a person's blood pressure and heart rate and decreases the blood flow to body extremities such as the fingersand toe...

Is haram(prohibited in) smoking.Quit smoking..!thank you.:D

suffiyan007
07-10-2008, 05:08 PM
people smoking now these day, is just for release tension and stress.if u think
bout your life and health u wouldnt do something that hurt yourself.is not a sin,but is prohibited in much cases...lotsa people said "makruh"...u wanna smoke,smoke,if leave it also no harm....! but people mentality,smoking is fun..!smoke and smoke... till addicted!..look cool if i am smoking.slowly when u grow older u will know..lotsa problem in ya health...die in sad way! take care on your health..if u wanna live longer!:D

suffiyan007
07-11-2008, 04:48 AM
my grandpa death,due to smoking,the nerves system failures,and the brain can control like parkinson....so i advices dont smoke and drink.!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.