/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some info about Shuruq prayer.

Allah's_Student
07-08-2008, 03:00 AM
Assalam Alaikum,

as I stated in my introduction I am a beginning Muslim. I am still learning about my religion, and I am interested in performing the Shuruq prayer, but I do not know much about it, such as how many rakats I am supposed to perform, or the history and true purpose of this prayer. Can anyone fill me in with some info on this prayer? :-[ Zazak'Allah khair for reading my post.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Allah's_Student
07-08-2008, 11:41 PM
*BUMP* Anyone?

Eeman
07-09-2008, 01:32 AM
Ummmm salam alaikum and welcome to islam.

what is the shuruq prayer?
lol brother this is coming from a muslim sister that has been a muslim for many years Masha'Allah so your not alone.

ma salama

Al-Zaara
07-10-2008, 05:55 AM
Selam aleykum,

Shuruq (sunrise) or ishraq (post-sunset), as far as I know, are just other names for the Duha prayer.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
07-10-2008, 05:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Selam aleykum,

Shuruq (sunrise) or ishraq (post-sunset), as far as I know, are just other names for the Duha prayer.
oh... i dont know that there is another name for Dhuha prayer...

In Malaysia, "waktu shuruk" means the time where it's forbidden to pray Fajr prayer as it's sunrise time...

JazakAllah

waji
07-10-2008, 07:10 AM
it's ishraak prayers they are said after sunrise and as the tahajud prayers are said the same way these prayers are said

Allah's_Student
07-13-2008, 03:20 AM
Hmm... Zakak'allah guys, it appears to be an optional prayer. I have some software, and it gives the prayer times of the 5 obligatory prayers, and Shuruq. If I find out what it is, I'll post it.

malayloveislam
07-17-2008, 01:44 PM
:sl:

Your question is interesting, I love to learn and trying to practice optional prayers too.

Syuruk means the sun rises, it was categorized under 5 forbidden times to pray.

5 times that we are forbidden to perform prayers are:
1- after solatul-fajr until the sun rise
2- from syuruk until the sun is in the distance of an arrow according to your
sight approximately 20 minutes after the sun rise.
3- the sun is in the middle of the day which is around 12 o'clock (the shadow
is under our feet).
4- after solatul-asr until the sun set.
5- from the sun set until solatul-maghreb.

Solatul-Isyraq in the syuruk time is haram, we have to wait approximately before performing any optional prayers.

If we are not certain about the time, we can wait for 30 minutes before performing the prayers which is the Dhuha time. You can see the morning light in the sky horizon like reddish in the Dhuha time. Allah SWT will accept our sincere obedience Insya-Allah.

Wallahua'alam bissawab.

Brother_Mujahid
07-17-2008, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah's_Student
Assalam Alaikum,

as I stated in my introduction I am a beginning Muslim. I am still learning about my religion, and I am interested in performing the Shuruq prayer, but I do not know much about it, such as how many rakats I am supposed to perform, or the history and true purpose of this prayer. Can anyone fill me in with some info on this prayer? :-[ Zazak'Allah khair for reading my post.
hope this helps

time of ishraq

Eeman
07-19-2008, 12:19 AM
OMG!! Once my uncle was telling me about this but i never quite understood it.
at the time i thought why would Allah swt make it haram for us to praise and glorify Him.
can someone please help me understand that?

Allah's_Student
07-19-2008, 04:40 AM
Okay Zazak'allah everyone. I think I understand, Shuruq starts from the time Fajr ends and ends at the time Zhur begins. During this period, you are forbidden to pray. Is that right?

However, is there any optional prayers one could perform if this wish?

Amat Allah
07-19-2008, 05:08 AM
Asalamo Alikom

see this brother ...

http://www.islamonline.net/english/i...rticle06.shtml

http://www.islam.com/salat/typesofprayers.htm

http://suficenter.org/Practices/sunnaprayers.html

may Allah bright your life and protect you from all hrams ,shaitan ,sins and hell fire and reward you with the highest levels of paradise to be with Allah and his mesenger Muhammad salla Allaho alyhi wa sallam....

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

malayloveislam
07-19-2008, 07:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eeman
OMG!! Once my uncle was telling me about this but i never quite understood it.
at the time i thought why would Allah swt make it haram for us to praise and glorify Him.
can someone please help me understand that?
Salam,

Do not worry, actually we are all free to glorify Allah S.W.T at any time and places. There are optional prayers like solatu-ttahiyyatul masjid (respecting the Lord of the Mosques) and solat sunnat which are performed by Salafussalihin. We can perform them even in the times that are forbidden for us to perform some prayers and also to fill our free times.

Those times that we can't pray are prohibited because they are the times that non-Muslim like zoroastrians and etc used to pray according to their religious rites.

We still can glorify Allah by chanting zikrullah and salawat on prophet Muhammad S.A.W in anytime that we are comfortable in, this is too another option :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.