/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Alone?????

AnonymousPoster
07-08-2008, 03:34 AM
As' Salaamu Alaikum dear brothers and sisters in Islam.

At times I wish to pray alone, not because I don’t like praying with my fellow Muslims, and I am certainly aware of the important significance that comes with praying in congregation. But I start to cry, or I start to sob, and bawl because I am trying to hold the tears in, and hide it from the others, but at the same time I went to let go and let the tears to follow, and I fear that if I hold them back now, I might refrain from ever crying while in prayers in the future. Also at the same time I don’t want family members or those around me to ask me questions, and really don't want to direct too much attention to myself.

I know that I won’t get the chance to always cry while in prayers and I went to cry when the tears really follow out and I ask myself “Why are you crying?”, and my only answer is out of shame and humbleness.

Unfortunately, I see myself holding it back, again and again, and that affects my prayers, and without tears it really doesn't feel like prayers.

So is it okay for me to pray alone? From an Islamic perspective.

Wa Alaykum Salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
07-08-2008, 03:34 PM
when the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam use to cry it , his chest use to sound like a boiling kettle because of the way he would hold it in.

strive to hold it in and pray in jammah but let the tears flow... follow the sunnah in every wake

Assalamu Alaikum

chacha_jalebi
07-08-2008, 03:38 PM
do the fardh in jamaaah and do your nafl prayers by yourself @ home and cry or whatever all you want, thats the best way to do it, because you can get the reward from the fardh prayers and have khushoo in your prayers when you doo the nafl @ home!!

Re.TiReD
07-08-2008, 04:20 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Can I ask a question also please, is salah still valid if you cry waaaay too much?

WassalamuAlaykum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
07-08-2008, 05:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
when the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam use to cry it , his chest use to sound like a boiling kettle because of the way he would hold it in.

strive to hold it in and pray in jammah but let the tears flow... follow the sunnah in every wake

Assalamu Alaikum
Thanks for the advice broth hakim. :D

AnonymousPoster
07-08-2008, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
do the fardh in jamaaah and do your nafl prayers by yourself @ home and cry or whatever all you want, thats the best way to do it, because you can get the reward from the fardh prayers and have khushoo in your prayers when you doo the nafl @ home!!
That is a good idea.

Thanks.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.