/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Having a hard time keeping faith...

AnonymousPoster
07-08-2008, 06:23 AM
Okay, i'm a born muslim. around 17 years old, and for the past few years, i've been doing TONS of research on world religions, and other things to answer some of lifes big questions. Islam has alawys seemed like the best choice to me for multiple reasons, but i just cant help having doubts sometimes. like, sometimes thinking to myself "what if there really is no god and i'm wrong" or things like that. and because of these doubts, i have a hard time keeping up with prayers and stuff.. i was just wondering if anyone here could help out with maybe some info that could strengthen faith in god and islam, or something like that.

thanks in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
07-08-2008, 04:57 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Bro/sis .... realise that its the shaytaan getting to you. You say you have done a lot of research and that you believed Islam was the best way... and indeed it is. But maybe you need to reinforce that fact by continuing with the reading and research.

Try to make Salaah on time insha'Allah since it is what distinguishes us from non-muslims and from the inhabitants of Jahannam.

May Allah (swt) make you steadfast. Ameen.

WassalamuAlaykum

Mahir
07-08-2008, 10:39 PM
I suggest that you should read about Death, the grave punnishment, the hellfire in islam, i mean how its explained is like really scary, and i suggest that you watch Lectures/speaches by DR zakir naik AND Ahmed deedat, they are good proving Islam to be the true religion, For christians... the best choice is to watch Ahmed Deedat, for Atheists and unsure muslims.... Zakir naik! .. Brother, remember Allah alot and Allah will guide you InshAllah, Buy books, hangout with muslim brothers who will explain stuff, and go to live speaches / lectures, dont do research by your self only! Go to the masjid and pray in congretion, fast some days, make your self close to Allah(swt), take some steps to him and he will speed to you! And read the book "Quran and science, compatible or incompatible" and visit www.quranmiracles.com and InshAllah, InshAllah these doubts will go away, as the brother above said, its only the Shaytan wanting to lead you astray, fight him, show him you are stronger then him, imagine you fighting him with all your streanght and whenever he maybe says "Surely this is maybe just fake" then say "Allahu Akbar, this way of life is as true as it can be" :) Keep up with the prayers, because remember shaytan the cursed didnt prostrate, so that place is the most hated place for him, (i.e Salaah/Prayer) and repent as often you can! Thats my advices! PEace

Tornado
07-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Keep doing research, you'll eventually hit upon something (you are young) and don't worry about it much. In the meantime, just be a good person, put your best effort into what you think is right.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eeman
07-09-2008, 02:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tornado
Keep doing research, you'll eventually hit upon something (you are young) and don't worry about it much. In the meantime, just be a good person, put your best effort into what you think is right.
Being too young is no excuse... what guarantee can any soul on this planet give that they will be alive to see tomorrow?
everyday spent in ignorance is a day missed out pleasing the Almighty and seeking of His bounties.

i know how you feel brother/ sister sorry i didnt catch your gender. i was the same from the age of 14 on of on off, but fortunately and unfortunately life knocked me down so hard, that faith was the only thing i hang on to and Alhumdulillah here i am today.
i say fortunately cos if it wasnt for that knock in my life thanks to Allah i would have never probably fully turned to Him and i believe and know that this was His way of having mercy on me and getting me to fully submit.
And i say un fortunately cos it took for that knock to make me realise what our Beautiful Almighty Lord is about and why we are truly here and i missed out on so many years. not cos i had to experience it the hard way cos believe you me the whole beauty of me truning to Him was that He gave me the strength that i never imagined that i could possibly have and carried me right through it. Alhumdulillahi rabbil Alamin.

when you say that islam makes more sense to you then soley concentrate on islam and study it in your free time read books as many as you can about every aspect of it and literate yourself, most importantly read the Qur'an as much as you can and try your absolute best to stay steadfast in salah cos these two things will naturally and automatically strengthen your imaan Insha'Allah and once you have that then yo u life long jihad with the rejeted shaytaan would be more easier. Allah swt will make sure of it Insha'Allah.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-09-2008, 03:28 AM
:sl:

This is a trap that many people fall into - which is occupying oneself with matters and knowledge of other creeds without first solidifying ones own foundation and the primary cause of this is not having a relationship with the Qur'aan. So this is the cause for the doubts and whisperings of Shaytan. An individual needs to be balanced and he first and foremost must solidfy his foundations. Has anyone built a building without first making sure the base and foundation is strong enough to withstand the different tests and trials that will be put up against it? Likewise, our Imaan is also a building. To be able to stand through the different ideological attacks, it needs to first have solid roots. The roots of a tree need water to become strong right? Just like this, the roots of our imaan needs water, and its water is the Qur'aan because the Qur'aan contains everything that a believer needs. It contains the proofs and evidences for Imaan which form the base, it refutes the falsehood of shirk which is the foundation of every other religion and this strengthens the base, and it softens the heart by constant reminders of the aakhirah and Paradise and the Fire which causes the Imaan to rise.

Allaah says:

{Have you not considered how Allah presents an example, [making] a good word like a good tree, whose root is firmly fixed and its branches [high] in the sky? It produces its fruit all the time, by permission of its Lord. And Allah presents examples for the people that perhaps they will be reminded.}[Ibrahim; 24-5]

The good word is 'La illaaha Illallaah" and the good tree refers to the believer whose Imaan is firmly rooted in his heart. So you need to form a relationship with the Qur'an. Recite it, listen to it, memorize it, ponder upon it and make lots of Dua' that Allaah strengthen your Imaan. Do not bother yourself at this stage about learning about other religions, especially the intricate details. Learn Islamic theology and soon you will come to the realization that every other creed falls short.

{Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower.}[ale-Imran; 8]

:w:

snakelegs
07-09-2008, 06:27 AM
if possible, try to be around believing muslims as much as you can. the re-enforcement can be a very helpful support when the doubts come. (and as far as i know they almost always do at times, for everyone).
as for strengthening your faith in god in general - for me it is helpful to spend some time in nature & appreciate the awesomeness of his creations.

north_malaysian
07-09-2008, 06:36 AM
keep going on with the research works and discuss it with a Muslim scholar/theologian near you... at least you can compare those research with Islam.

mayza
07-12-2008, 10:34 AM
hmmm... i'm having the same prob.... i still am not sure

transition?
07-13-2008, 01:39 AM
:sl:

First thing first - dont give up dont give up dont give up dont give up dont give up dont give up dont give up dont give up dont give up dont give up dont give up dont give up dont give up dont give up dont give up dont give up dont give up dont give up dont give up dont give up dont give up dont give up dont give up dont give up dont give up dont give up dont give up dont give up dont give up

I'm 16 and almost 17. and I was suffering with doubts all last year. It was extremely painful to deal with and even more frustrating. At one point Astagfiruallah, I somewhat apostated because of my weak faith at the time. My doubts had come from reading some out of my league debate about evolution and the world..atheism and etc. It got to a point where I just would stop what I was doing and ponder: what am I doing? How do I know Islam is right?
a) Allah (swt) is the one who opens our hearts to the Light and Guide Us. He Makes the ones who pray to Him, wise.
- pray to God. He opens hearts!! to understanding! slowly you will see the wonders around you. How perfectly Islam fits.

I'll try my best InshaAllah to find some links to threads on this site I found helpful to help you. :)

------
07-17-2008, 10:15 AM
:salamext:

Listen to lectures on Death and the Hell fire. Real Imaan Booster. If you want some links, just ask inshaAllaah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.