View Full Version : US exports to Iran increased 10 fold during Bush Years

Woodrow
07-08-2008, 01:59 PM
I found this to be quite interesting. the red higlight is my doing

US ships cigarettes, bras, more to Iran
By SHARON THEIMER,
Associated Press Writer
10 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - U.S. exports to Iran — including brassieres, bull semen, cosmetics and possibly even weapons — grew more than tenfold during President Bush's years in office even as he accused Iran of nuclear ambitions and helping terrorists. America sent more cigarettes to Iran , at least $158 million worth under Bush, than any other products.

SOURCE: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080708/...uying_american

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
07-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Brother Abdullah what can we do to help us focus in these tough times

Woodrow
07-08-2008, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
Brother Abdullah what can we do to help us focus in these tough times
I believe we need to keep things in perspective and avoid the temptations of the secular world. It is obvious that even when people view each other as antagonists they will still join together when it comes to filling material pleasures.

To me this is a strong indication of how powerful the temptations of shaitan are. We need to see that all of mankind has a common enemy and we are driven apart when our intents are good, but drawn together for material gain.

We need to keep our focus on Allaah(swt) and look carefully at the actions of our leaders and spokesmen. Above all we each must understand and accept we carry the burdan of accountability for our own actions and not allow anyone to speak for each of us as individuls.

I do favor legitimate trade with Iran and all countries, but trade should be in material that is of benefit to the people and not stuff that will weaken the eeman of the people.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.