/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pray for Me, Peeps

Pages : [1] 2

snakelegs
07-11-2008, 11:46 PM
i know we have some real good people here who love god.
please, peeps, whatever your religion, pray for me.
i'm real sick and need all the prayers i can get right now.
thank you from my heart.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Na7lah
07-11-2008, 11:48 PM
:) hope u feel better soon :)

IbnAbdulHakim
07-12-2008, 12:04 AM
may Allah guide you snakelegs, may Allah guide you towards islaam and through it give you the strength and understanding needed to cope with whatever your struggling with.

Ameen

Na7lah
07-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aminahjaan
07-12-2008, 12:14 AM
get well soon! Ameen you're in my prayers :)

MunirAhmadKamil
07-12-2008, 12:21 AM
ameen

MustafaMc
07-12-2008, 12:29 AM
I hope that you get well soon. Insha'Allah, I will make dua for your recovery.

BTW, have you considered taking the shahada? I sense a huge amount of monotheistic faith in you.

Muhammad
07-12-2008, 12:34 AM
Hello snakelegs,

I'm sorry to hear that you're unwell. I will make du'aa for you.

north_malaysian
07-12-2008, 12:35 AM
Ash Shifaa' min Allah!

May you get well soon... Amin to all the du3as

snakelegs
07-12-2008, 12:46 AM
thanks, people.
yes, mustafa- you're right - i do believe in the oneness of god.
apparently, even though i quit smoking 24 years ago, it wasn't early enough.

Muhammad
07-12-2008, 12:53 AM
I'm sure, however, that stopping smoking is one of the best means to have taken for recovery. Nevertheless, all things are in the Hands of God. It doesn't matter when you stopped or started, it is all a matter of fate at the end of the day. That is why prayer is the all-important tool!

Mikayeel
07-12-2008, 12:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
thanks, people.
I hope u get well soon snakelegs!

Were you a heavysmoker before the 24 years?

north_malaysian
07-12-2008, 01:26 AM
is it because of your smoking habit that you had stooped for twenty years ago? OMG...

Thanks to God that I never smoke at all in my whole life...

IbnAbdulHakim
07-12-2008, 02:09 AM
thanks, people.
when God wills somethign to happen it'll happen no matter who wishes to prevent it.

inshaAllaah things will get better, never stop praying :)

truemuslim
07-12-2008, 02:11 AM
aww snakey talk ghetto!

May Allah guide you to the truth sis! Inshallah you can feel much better in both faith and health! :)

Amat Allah
07-12-2008, 02:57 AM
may Allah heal you and give you strength my dear and guide you to the right path the path of Islam and purify you from All sins and protect you from hell fire and reward you with paradise to be with him and his prophet Muhammad salla Allaho Alyhi wa sallam .....Ameeeeeeeen

I hope you will get well soon my precious .....

Allahoma Aafihaa wa Aafoo Anha wa twallaha wa erhamhaa ya Rahmaan you Raheem...

Allahoma Ameeen

I am with you honey and will never forget you...always in my prayers always...

Patience7
07-12-2008, 02:58 AM
inshallah u will get better soon sister ...

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-12-2008, 03:12 AM
:sl:

I hope you get better soon Snakelegs.

BlissfullyJaded
07-12-2008, 03:16 AM

Sorry to hear you're feeling sick. imsad Hope you feel better soon!

Ameen to the duas.

Tania
07-12-2008, 06:00 AM
Never trust in doctors. They not always has right. Did you tried with herb teas to cure yourself :?

Speedy recovery :)

glo
07-12-2008, 06:36 AM
Snakelegs, you are certainly in my thoughts and prayers!
May God protect you, heal you and give you inner strength and peace.

Email me if you like, snake. My computer has zapped my contact list, so I don't have your addy anymore ...

adeeb
07-12-2008, 08:52 AM
Hope ure fine, and... get better soon...and can do many things again...and... and.. so on and so on...

------
07-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Just saw this thread now, I been ill as well. Pray for me and I'll pray for you :D Take care sis x

YusufNoor
07-12-2008, 02:37 PM
thanks, people.

so at the least, confirm your belief with the first part of the Shahada:

Ashadu-Anla-Illaha-Ilallah which equals: i testify that no god is god but Allah!

now see if your were a Muslim, all your pain and suffering would be purification which covers your sins and raises you in rank!
Peace Snakelegs,

Alhumdulillahi Rabbil Alamin, ArRahman Ar Raheem, Maliki Yawmid Din,
Ya Rabbi, Sister in Humanity, Snakelegs, is a dear friend to the Muslims, one who never seeks to harm the religion or belittle the Prophet[pbuh] or the Mu'mins. Please bestow you Mercy and Your Guidance on her! She believes in You and only has doubts on Religion, that is OUR fault as we need to set a better example. so please answer our duas and come to the aid of our friend.

AMEEN!

:w:

جوري
07-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Dear snakes I am truly aggrieved to learn you are sick.. I don't know what is wrong, wish I can help in anyway.. but certainly du3a is all I have to offer on the net, and you are in it insha'Allah..
Hang tough.. we need you =)
xxx

07-12-2008, 02:52 PM
I hope everything goes well for you. I'll remember you in my du'as inshaallaah. May Allah guide you to the straight path and protect you from illness with His protection...Ameen!

Amadeus85
07-12-2008, 03:29 PM
I wish You all the best Snakelegs.

MustafaMc
07-12-2008, 03:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor
Alhumdulillahi Rabbil Alamin, ArRahman Ar Raheem, Maliki Yawmid Din,
Ya Rabbi, Sister in Humanity, Snakelegs, is a dear friend to the Muslims, one who never seeks to harm the religion or belittle the Prophet[pbuh] or the Mu'mins. Please bestow you Mercy and Your Guidance on her! She believes in You and only has doubts on Religion, that is OUR fault as we need to set a better example. so please answer our duas and come to the aid of our friend.

AMEEN!

Ameen, so be it, O Lord of mankind, the universe, and all that exists!

Woodrow
07-12-2008, 04:12 PM
I must inform you that you are in violation of unwritten forum rule 17SL paragraph 3 section B,Which reads (if it ever gets written)

forum rule 17SL paragraph 3 section B: Snakelovers and those with the name snake anywhere in their user names are forbidden to get ill while a member of this forum.

With that said, get well soon and stop violating the forum rule.

You are in my thoughts and prayers, may Allaah(swt) return you to good health, Inshallah

Pk_#2
07-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Get be'a soon Snakey,

I brought you a carrot as a get well soon present,

Unfortunately some one got to it before you! Sowi, *pokes*

truemuslim
07-12-2008, 05:41 PM
plz update us on how u doin sis snakelegs!
If i already was a doctor i would let u go in for free, and first, and do whatever i can to take away whatever it is illness you have. Just because ur soo soo kind :)

Re.TiReD
07-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Peace...

Aww Snakelegs...My most fave Non-Muslim! :D Really hope you find true faith, and may it be a source of your good health alwayssss....

Get well soonnn :D Take care of yourself and eat plenty of fish :D (actually dont, it might make you worse) :-[

Peace out Snakey :D

SixTen
07-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Get better soon Eli ;)

MustafaMc
07-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Snakelegs, I sense that a lot of the Muslims on this forum have a strong affection for you. For me, Brother Yusuf Noor has put it best. We pray for the best for you in this life and in the Hereafter. We pray for your health and guidance. I hope that you understand our efforts at dawah. For illustration sake Prophet Muhammad (saaws) tried to get his Uncle Abu Talib who he loved and had protected him to say the shahada before it was too late. I was sincerely glad to see you say "i do believe in the oneness of god".

Khayal
07-12-2008, 07:01 PM

Sorry to hear, you will be in my prayer..

piXie
07-12-2008, 07:05 PM

you're in my du'aas too insha'Allaah. Get well soon!

Al-Zaara
07-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Peace,

Amiin to all the duas!!

Oh, I just saw this thread.. imsad
You're in my prayers, sister snakelegs, inshaAllah you'll get better really soon!!!

Ali.
07-12-2008, 07:31 PM
I hope you get better soon, snakelegs.

Slightly off-topic, but I might aswell...

What prevents you from taking up religion then:? Please, if you do believe in Islam then don't kid yourself and say you don't, because as you probably know, Muslims believe that when you die that's it - there's no going back.

Anyway, keep us updated too insha'Allah. You seem to be quite popular here masha'Allah :thumbs_up!

snakelegs
07-12-2008, 08:34 PM
just reading through all your posts made me feel better.
i realize that some of you believe that it is only permissible to pray for guidance for a non-muslim - that's perfectly ok by me. prayer is prayer and it's all good.
i know some here wonder why i don't become a muslim since i believe in the one god. as yusuf has said, i believe in god - it's religion i have a problem with. (any).
i can't see myself joining any religion, and if i were to do so, i would have to be able to accept it 100% and i am not a 100% type.
but who knows, what's meant to be?
it's a dark time, that's for sure.
thanks to all of you.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Ameen to the duas, hope you have a speedy recovery. May Allah swt help you come through your illness.

How are you at the moment.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-12-2008, 08:41 PM
i realize that some of you believe that it is only permissible to pray for guidance for a non-muslim - that's perfectly ok by me. prayer is prayer and it's all good.
i know some here wonder why i don't become a muslim since i believe in the one god. as yusuf has said, i believe in god - it's religion i have a problem with. (any).
i can't see myself joining any religion, and if i were to do so, i would have to be able to accept it 100% and i am not a 100% type.
thanks to all of you.
hey snakey is your illness really serious? as in life threatning :(

(sorry if it sounds rude)

Ali.
07-12-2008, 08:41 PM
thanks to all of you.
To me it sounds like you've got the building blocks of the understanding of Islam, but no cement, i.e. there's just small things that you don't accept which destroys everything for you because you said you're not a "100% type".

Have you tried discussing them with people on this forum?

By the way if I'm sounding at all rude, don't reply to me.

snakelegs
07-12-2008, 08:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
hey snakey is your illness really serious? as in life threatning :(

(sorry if it sounds rude)
yes it is. they have found a large mass on my lung. :unhappy:

snakelegs
07-12-2008, 08:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
To me it sounds like you've got the building blocks of the understanding of Islam, but no cement, i.e. there's just small things that you don't accept which destroys everything for you because you said you're not a "100% type".

Have you tried discussing them with people on this forum?

By the way if I'm sounding at all rude, don't reply to me.
nah, it's ok. yes, i've discussed them. and i know plenty of members who are happy to answer all questions i might have.
as a muslim, you know as well as i do, that these things are up to god...

Mikayeel
07-12-2008, 10:28 PM
nah, it's ok. yes, i've discussed them. and i know plenty of members who are happy to answer all questions i might have.
as a muslim, you know as well as i do, that these things are up to god...

Yep that is right :)

However a person (not u, but general) can't just sit back and say 'ooh its up to god I just sit here and let god come and find me'

One must remember that we are in need of god, he isn't in need of us:)

I really really do wish u a speedy recovery, these are tragic days on LI :(

جوري
07-13-2008, 12:16 AM
yes it is. they have found a large mass on my lung. :unhappy:
snake did they put a name on the mass, and stage it for you?

pls let me know ASAP
you can PM me if you want

peace

جوري
07-13-2008, 12:24 AM
Eli.. you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by becoming Muslim...
The oneness of Allah swt can be experienced fully through all his rituals... pls my sister.. you have nothing at all to lose and everything to gain... ramadan is upon us and I believe through fast and prayer great things can be accomplished.. I have seen cancers go into remission by power of prayer alone..
pls sis consider that you can better cultivate your monotheism through the oldest and only religion of Allah swt

Brother_Mujahid
07-13-2008, 12:29 AM
You have nothing to lose by accepting Islam, But everything to Lose if you do not.

Be a Winner and accept the message of Allah and his messenger.

p.s get well soon

snakelegs
07-13-2008, 01:00 AM
i am ok with the shahadah.
but i can not accept a religion unless i can accept it 100% and commit to practicing the basics.
but i believe that i do not have a closed heart.
for now, that's all i can do.

Brother_Mujahid
07-13-2008, 01:16 AM
stop being silly.....

A man came to the prophet and saidd can i accept islam on the condition of praying just twice a day. The prophet agreed to his acceptance. The man eventually prayed five times a day.

In another incident a man came and said i don't want to give up drinking and the prophet accepted only on the condition that he would not lie. So when the prophet next saw him he asked did you drink and he said yes.... it continues another two times each tie the man eventually giving up for Allahs sake.

Any conversion is not easy but it is only through sacrifice and Allahs help that it becomes possible. Your first step to coming closer to Allah is accepting and testafying the shahadah.

after that take it nice and slow and at your own pace and things will fall in place. Its not about getting everything right straight away..... all humans make mistake and even muslims do. At the end of the day we are humans prone to sin and make mistakes we are not angels!

please do not hesitate in accpeting Islam.

p.s its late im off to bed *yawn*

Tania
07-13-2008, 04:47 AM
I think they will go for surgery to remove the mass :-[ . Please think at that and try to find someone who can look after pets until you will be at hospital(its better to think from time).

Also you should join a religion and begin to pray yourself :) The best prayer is your own prayer toward God.

YusufNoor
07-13-2008, 06:08 AM
but i can not accept a religion unless i can accept it 100% and commit to practicing the basics.
Peace Snakelegs

Allah Ta'Aala doesn't burden a soul more than it can bare. it's hard to tell what 100% is nowadays, especially around Muslims! :blind:

there is SOO MUCH culture mixed in that most people have Mislam and NOT Islam!

Islam is following the Qur'an and the Sunnah. it can actually be a joy searching out what exactly that is.

my wife and i have been watching an 18 hour series of lectures by Bilal Philips on "The Foundations of Islam". it's really beneficial and you can also watch it here for free:

http://www.bilalphilips.com/bilal_pa...sk=view&id=288

i think it was a 3 day seminar but it's really informative. i had been trying to explain to my wife that she is a "Shaafi'ii" cuz she's Somalian and that they have alot of culture thrown in as well. she's been amazed at how much she's learned.

you might enjoy it!

keep a stiff upper lip and all...

and remember...SOMEONE has to feed all those critters of yers!
:D

Muslim Woman
07-13-2008, 06:25 AM
Salaam/peace;

thank you from my heart.

"O Allah remove the hardship, O Lord of mankind, grant cure for You are the Healer.

There is no cure but from You, a cure which leaves no illness behind."

http://www.islam-usa.com/sufi.html

Woodrow
07-13-2008, 03:00 PM
It is very difficult to make a commitment, unless you know you can commit to it 100%. Yet, sometimes all that is needed is the desire to try to commit 100% not the full kowledge that you can. There are no guarantees of the future, only the hope and promise of knowing you can put in the effort to learn and do your best.

With each of us,our fullest effort falls far short of 100% commitment, but each day becomes a time to improve over our failures of yesterday.

With that said You are in my duas for a full recovery and removal of all fear and pain for whatever the future holds.

snakelegs
07-14-2008, 03:31 AM
just want to thank all who have posted again.
i don't want to turn this in to a religious discussion, but i appreciate your caring and concern.

arabianprincess
07-14-2008, 03:47 AM
salam ....

i ll pray for u for sure .. n i hope u pray for me as well cuz im in deep problems n hopefully i dont give up ... :muddlehea imsad so take careeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

snakelegs
07-14-2008, 03:52 AM
it's a deal.

Woodrow
07-14-2008, 04:10 AM
Peace fellow snake enthusiest. Good to see you posting and you are in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

snakelegs
07-14-2008, 04:13 AM
thanks woodrow!
as you know, snake fans are sorely needed in the world - there are not enough of us.

Woodrow
07-14-2008, 04:19 AM
thanks woodrow!
as you know, snake fans are sorely needed in the world - there are not enough of us.
We do tend to be in the minority. I am going to miss the snakes of Texas, there is a very large variety there, Nearly every species found in the US can be found there. Plus a few like the Texas cat eye snake and the Lyre Snake are only found there.

snakelegs
07-14-2008, 04:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
We do tend to be in the minority. I am going to miss the snakes of Texas, there is a very large variety there, Nearly every species found in the US can be found there. Plus a few like the Texas cat eye snake and the Lyre Snake are only found there.
ah, trans pecos rat snakes and beard's rat snakes - 2 of the most beautiful snakes in u.s. (i've had both) - from texas big bend area.

north_malaysian
07-14-2008, 04:49 AM
thanks woodrow!
there are too many snakes in my country and quite colourful too (we got orange, blue, red, yellow, green snakes...I wonder if we have purple snakes too:okay:)... and too many cobras and pythons around too..

Muslim Woman
07-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Salaam/peace ;

thanks woodrow!

even if there are enough of snake fans , we need u with us :D . So , you are in our dua . God Willing , u will be ok soon :okay:

ayan333
07-14-2008, 01:11 PM

im not much of a snake fan but i will make dua for you for sur.Insh ALLAh...i woul also like to encourage everyone to Pray for the whole ummah and for those who are sick(*tears.My Granma)..so please do so..Sukran

Amat Allah
07-14-2008, 02:58 PM
I love snakes with all my heart really...I carried one once and that was amazing.....

may Allah heal you my dear no matter what you are, who you are ,where you are....

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeen^^

Eric H
07-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Greetings and peace be with you snakelegs, I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering, and there is very little any of us can say, except that we keep you in our prayers. You are such a caring and helpful person.

About four years ago a friend of mine was told she had cancer in the stomach, she was seventy at the time. She said to the doctor, tell me the worst possible scenario; bearing in mind I have far too much to do and I haven’t got time to die.

She is still going strong today, she does so much for the disabled in our community voluntarily, and she would be greatly missed.

Here is a simple yet powerful prayer whilst striving for peace in your heart.
Lord grant me the peace and serenity to live with the things I cannot change
Give me the courage to change the things I can.
And give me the wisdom to know the difference.
To understand how the prayer works here is how one lady used it whilst living in London during the second world war. Most days London was being bombed, she had no control over were the bombs would land. She would hear about; and see the death and destruction; she might be killed, her family might be killed, her home or work or shops might be bombed. Yet every day she had to get up, feed herself and her family, and do some work.

The first line of the prayer, grant me the peace and serenity to live with the things I cannot change.
She had to live with all the injustice, fear, anger, hate, death and destruction surrounding her. She could not change what happened yesterday, she cannot change other people. If you continually want to change; or try to change the things that cannot be changed you will make become more stressed.

The only thing she could change was herself and what was going on in her own heart and mind. Somehow she would have to keep coping or crack up, she did not know how long this destruction would last. Despite all the problems she directed her prayer to finding peace in her heart.

Give me the wisdom to know the difference.

The last line of the prayer is something you have to work out for yourself , you need to search for the real things that you can change; and strive to live with loving kindness with all the things you cannot change.

In the spirit of praying for an inner peace with God, that surpasses all understanding.

Eric

AvarAllahNoor
07-16-2008, 10:16 PM
Aww, I shall pray for your wellbeing SL - Shabads shall be sung at Gurdwara.

Guru Fateh!

crayon
07-17-2008, 01:09 AM
Awh, I just saw this thread...

I really hope you get better snakey, you're such a great person. You're in my dua's inshAllah. :)

Malaikah
07-17-2008, 02:25 AM
May Allah you cure you!

snakelegs
07-17-2008, 06:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you snakelegs, I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering, and there is very little any of us can say, except that we keep you in our prayers. You are such a caring and helpful person.

About four years ago a friend of mine was told she had cancer in the stomach, she was seventy at the time. She said to the doctor, tell me the worst possible scenario; bearing in mind I have far too much to do and I haven’t got time to die.

She is still going strong today, she does so much for the disabled in our community voluntarily, and she would be greatly missed.

Here is a simple yet powerful prayer whilst striving for peace in your heart.

To understand how the prayer works here is how one lady used it whilst living in London during the second world war. Most days London was being bombed, she had no control over were the bombs would land. She would hear about; and see the death and destruction; she might be killed, her family might be killed, her home or work or shops might be bombed. Yet every day she had to get up, feed herself and her family, and do some work.

The first line of the prayer, grant me the peace and serenity to live with the things I cannot change.
She had to live with all the injustice, fear, anger, hate, death and destruction surrounding her. She could not change what happened yesterday, she cannot change other people. If you continually want to change; or try to change the things that cannot be changed you will make become more stressed.

The only thing she could change was herself and what was going on in her own heart and mind. Somehow she would have to keep coping or crack up, she did not know how long this destruction would last. Despite all the problems she directed her prayer to finding peace in her heart.

Give me the wisdom to know the difference.

The last line of the prayer is something you have to work out for yourself , you need to search for the real things that you can change; and strive to live with loving kindness with all the things you cannot change.

In the spirit of praying for an inner peace with God, that surpasses all understanding.

Eric
i first discovered this prayer (serenity prayer) about 30 years ago - long before i believed in god. i thought it was the wisest prayer i have ever read. altho very simple, you can reflect on the truth in it for a very long time.
thanks for the reminder - i can use it now!

snakelegs
07-17-2008, 06:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Aww, I shall pray for your wellbeing SL - Shabads shall be sung at Gurdwara.

Guru Fateh!
thanks! i've been listening to shabads again lately (after my regular diet of qawwali, of course) - nirmal singh is still the man.

snakelegs
07-17-2008, 06:16 AM
thanks crayon and malaikah (you haven't been around for awhile).
even though i have not thanked everyone individually on this thread, i have read all your posts more than once and appreciate each and every one.

M..x
07-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Hey, How you duin' SnakeLegs..? InshAllah your making a quick recovery. Get well soon .x.

Muslim Woman
07-19-2008, 03:32 AM
Salaaam/peace;

....i'm real sick
dear snakelegs , how are you doing now ? Any improvement ?

snakelegs
07-19-2008, 04:28 AM
thanks for asking. right now i am in bureaucratic deep freeze - waiting for things to happen.
to be honest, unfortunately, it is almost certainly not something that will make for a quick recovery, if any. :unhappy:

Amat Allah
07-19-2008, 04:50 AM
nothing is impossible with Allah you may wake up healthy %100 if Allah wants....

may Allah heal you my dear....

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Muslim Woman
07-19-2008, 06:11 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
nothing is impossible with Allah you may wake up healthy %100 if Allah wants....

may Allah heal you my dear....

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Ameen

Tania
07-22-2008, 04:49 AM
Bureaucratic - it means you are waiting for the papers to move until the docs will give you the solution :?

coddles76
07-22-2008, 05:02 AM
thank you from my heart.
La Basaa Tahoorun InshAllah

islam786
07-24-2008, 07:11 PM
whatever is wrong with you i hope you get better...
will pray for you
inshallah you will be fine

Eeman
07-24-2008, 07:16 PM
thank you from my heart.
salam alaikum,
awwwwwwww snakelegs, i'll make dua for you Insha'Allahi pray thatAllah swt cures you of whatever sickness your suffering and brings you back to a real quick recovery and back to being healthy as ever.

Ya Allah swt please help and cure sister snakelegs.

If you need aythng please pm me.

peace

MustafaMc
07-25-2008, 12:06 PM
Assalamu alaikum, dear brothers and sisters in Islam. This morning a friend of Snakelegs sent me an email with an update on her situation. She was admitted to the hospital on Monday to do a biopsy on the mass on her lung, but I don't know of any results from this test. Since she has been unable to access her computer, I wanted to post a reply on this thread to urgently solicit your prayers. This is a very critical situation for a dear friend. May Allah heal her and ease her suffering.

ummAbdillah
07-25-2008, 12:27 PM
Ameen!!! :sl:

Eeman
07-25-2008, 12:48 PM
peace sis

i just wanted to know how you were feeling now?

Muslim Woman
07-28-2008, 09:55 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
....Since she has been unable to access her computer, I wanted to post a reply on this thread to urgently solicit your prayers. This is a very critical situation for a dear friend. May Allah heal her and ease her suffering.
thanks for letting us know. InshaAllah , she will be blessed .

jannat
07-28-2008, 12:27 PM
Hey,
i hope u get better inshallah, May Allah give you strenth and good health. Whatever ur goin through, i hope he helps and guides you inshallah.

Best wishes and regards

MaiCarInMtl
07-28-2008, 07:28 PM
Assalamu alaikum, dear brothers and sisters in Islam. This morning a friend of Snakelegs sent me an email with an update on her situation. She was admitted to the hospital on Monday to do a biopsy on the mass on her lung, but I don't know of any results from this test. Since she has been unable to access her computer, I wanted to post a reply on this thread to urgently solicit your prayers. This is a very critical situation for a dear friend. May Allah heal her and ease her suffering.
Thank you for taking the time to give us the latest news.

Snakelegs, I will ask God to help you along in this hard time. I hope you get better and will be well enough to keep joining in on the conversations on the board. I always enjoy reading your posts.

'Abd al-Baari
07-28-2008, 07:58 PM

I always enjoy reading your posts.
Me too. I pray that Allah swt grants you Shifaa' and brings you back to the best of health..Aameen.

You will be in my Duaas, Insha'Allah. :)

glo
07-30-2008, 06:17 PM
You haven't been around for a while, snake. I hope you are okay.
Still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

crayon
08-02-2008, 04:38 AM
Any news on her situation??:(

north_malaysian
08-02-2008, 04:46 AM
yeah... I hope she's fine.

MustafaMc
08-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Unfortunately, I have not heard from Snakelegs or from her friend since the update that I posted.

Tania
08-02-2008, 03:16 PM
You could not send an email to her friend and ask about her :?

MustafaMc
08-02-2008, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
You could not send an email to her friend and ask about her :?
Yes, I have sent 3 emails to her friend since I got the one on 7/25/08. Insha'Allah we will hear something soon.

Re.TiReD
08-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Heeyyy snakey I pray you're well and I know you're gonna be back PM'ing me pics of weird and wonderful fish :D Get well soon!

MustafaMc
08-03-2008, 12:40 PM
This morning, I received an email from Snakelegs' friend. She came home on Wednesday 7/30/08, but she was very weak from her ordeal in the hospital. She tried to use the computer on Saturday, but she was unable to sit very long at the desk.

Once again, I remind you that this is a very serious illness for a dear friend. :cry: Please, make extra du'a to Allah to heal her and to help her through this trying ordeal.

Insha'Allah she will return to LI soon to give you an update.

Eric H
08-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Greetings and peace be with you MustafaMc;

Thank you for keeping us up to date with our friend snakelegs, I hope you are able to pass on all our prayers to her.

In the spirit of praying for a peace that surpasses all understanding,

Eric

Muslim Woman
08-03-2008, 01:33 PM

This morning, I received an email from Snakelegs' friend. She came home on Wednesday 7/30/08, .
thanks bro for the update. God Willing , she will be ok.

Nájlá
08-03-2008, 01:51 PM
i hope shes ok

Muhammad
08-03-2008, 02:19 PM

Thanks for the update Mustafa!

I'm really sorry to hear what you are going through, snakelegs. But know that you are not alone - we all remember you and pray for you. Insha'Allaah, something much, much better will soon come out of this.

And Allaah (swt) is the source of strength and Whose help is sought.

Eeman
08-03-2008, 02:26 PM
She will be fine guys!!!!
she has the most beautiful sprirt about her... snakelegs we LOVE YOU!!!
your always in my prayers not just mine but everyone's andi know that Allah swt answers all prayers... your strong you can do this :) i know you can. so you just pull yourself together and fight hard ok!
and as an incentive i'll send you loads of new qawallis that i've discovered!
:)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx loads of kisses this forum is missing you and your posts so hurry up get well soon.

MustafaMc
08-03-2008, 06:24 PM
I hope you are able to pass on all our prayers to her
In case Snakelegs is not able to access her computer, I have sent an email to her friend with a copy of the wonderfully caring posts on this thread. I have not personally heard from her, but her friend says, "She sends her love to the group and I will add mine. Bless you all." I know that she appreciates all of the prayers that have been said on her behalf and the concerns that have been expressed by her friends on LI.

In addition to praying for Snakelegs, please pray for her friend, Geldfisch, who is with her during this trying time.

jannat
08-03-2008, 07:42 PM
salam,

May Allah SWT bless her and she feel well inshallah!!:D
Take care snakelegs, Get loads of rest and may Allah SWT bless you wid good health.Ameen.:D

AvarAllahNoor
08-03-2008, 08:30 PM
I hope she recovers. :(

She's a nice soul, and a great particant to these forums. May Allah assist in her recovery.

Tania
08-03-2008, 09:02 PM
I don't know what could this doctors make with our snakelegs but i hope she will get well soon and come back online. Its a good sign she escaped from the doctors :)

syilla
08-04-2008, 07:46 AM
snakelegs...!! i hope you're feeling much better now.

Get well soon...to see some of my baby pics

Tania
08-04-2008, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
snakelegs...!! i hope you're feeling much better now.

Get well soon...to see some of my baby pics
Do you have a baby :? :-[ - thats why you were absent in this weeks :?

Snakelegs are you reading the thread :?

FatimaAsSideqah
08-04-2008, 07:36 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Oh my! I didn't know that you are ill!

May Allah Taala help you to recovery and make things to easy for you!

MustafaMc
08-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Snakelegs are you reading the thread :?
She has been unable to sit at the computer and check the forum, but I copied the posts to an email and sent it to her friend who printed it for her.

Tania
08-05-2008, 04:48 AM
Mustafa, you could not ask for the exactly name of illness - may be i can find some herbs. Please

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-05-2008, 07:23 PM
She has been unable to sit at the computer and check the forum, but I copied the posts to an email and sent it to her friend who printed it for her.
serious???? :cry: may Allah make her better

جوري
08-05-2008, 07:38 PM
I miss you terribly Eli.. I pray to God he takes your hands and leads you through this... you must fight every way you can.. choose to fight, choose life.. and come back to us..

peace

snakelegs
08-06-2008, 05:06 AM
just an update. i am unable to follow the forum every day - though mustafa has been sharing your posts. i appreciate them (and your prayers, of course).
i was in the hospital for almost 2 weeks.
for those who have asked, yes, it is serious - i have lung cancer. they say it is inoperable but also make it clear that they would be very happy to it i would agree to radiation and/or chemotheraphy. i have no idea what will happen next. all i know is that if feel worse now than when i went in the hospital, i'm in a lot of pain and remain in need of you. thanks for being Out There.
peace, eli

Al-Zaara
08-06-2008, 05:11 AM
SubhanAllah!!! :cry: May Allah subhana we ta'ala ease your pain!! Amiin!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation Eli, but you're in my prayers inshaAllah... I really don't know what else to say, just that there are people here who care about you and you should never feel alone. :cry:

Muslim Woman
08-06-2008, 05:14 AM
Salaam/peace;

.... i have no idea what will happen next. peace, eli

pl. don't give up hope , God Willing u will be ok :)

"Say: O `Ibadi (My slaves)

who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)!

Despair not of the Mercy of God : verily, God forgives all sins.

Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful". (39:53)

جوري
08-06-2008, 05:16 AM
Eli did they tell you what sort of ca it is?
Things always get worst before they get better... once you start treatment you'll get better insha'Allah..

I am aggrieved my dear friend by your condition.. I feel so overcome with sadness imsad imsad imsad

you'll be in my thoughts and prayers

Yours
M

Eeman
08-06-2008, 05:50 AM
Dear eli its so good to see that you have come here and posted a post Wallah it puts a huge smile on my face :D your always in my prayers, just be strong and Insha'Allah you will be fine dont give up the fight keep fighting you have it in you and you know so too, just do not underestimate yourself.

loads of love xxxxxxxxxx
salam

glo
08-06-2008, 06:02 AM
Eli, it's so good to see your name appear on the screen! :)

You have been in my thoughts and prayers all this time - and continue to be so.
I pray for your peace and comfort, for pain relief and for your healing.

How soon do you have to decide on the chemo?

north_malaysian
08-06-2008, 09:17 AM
you're always in my prayers...be strong... I wish that you could join all of us in this forum celebrating Ramadan ..... Amin

IbnAbdulHakim
08-06-2008, 09:36 AM
snakelegs... if u believe in a God now would be the perfect time to testify

plz dnt die a non-muslim :(

Tania
08-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Sounds terible but its not anymore so scary. Can be treated and i am sure your body began to fight, thats why you feel a little be more weak than before to go in the hospital. And don't forget the hospital food. You can colapse whit the hospital foodl.

Try to eat lot of vegetables and fruits.

Welcome back :statisfie:

MaiCarInMtl
08-06-2008, 12:47 PM
I am glad to see you are feeling well enough to come onto the boards, hopefully things will get better every day, slowly but surely. But I will be honest, chemo can be a bit tough at times (tougher on some people than others), but just keep a positive attitude, surround yourself with good people and fun activities and you will be just fine!

I'll keep you in my prayers.

And don't forget the hospital food. You can colapse whit the hospital foodl.
Hey, hey, hey! I work in a hospital and I must defend our horribly bland food! It's only this bad because of all the different conditions or eating restrictions people may have (some people can't take spicy food, others are vegetarian, others eat junk, some are vegan, others don't eat x,y,z, etc). This is why I keep a fresh pepper grinder in my desk drawer. Although my hospital does make awesome giant oatmeal cookies that give you the biggest sugar rush ever.

FatimaAsSideqah
08-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Greetings Eli.

Its sooo good to see your name again. I am soooo saddened to see you have serious illness. I wish I could help you but I am live in UK loq.

I am sure your body will fighting all through way against that disease and I will always put you in my duas and also I will ask my husband to do it as well.

May Allah Taala made you to feel much easier and getting recovery to health again.

Sister Fatima (my old name is RighteousLady)

Re.TiReD
08-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Awww man, Snakey! :(

Hope you get well soon!

MustafaMc
08-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Eli, I am so glad to hear from you, but I am terribly saddened to know the pain and discomfort that you are experiencing. Insha'Allah you will recover from the hospital ordeal and feel much better soon. I will keep you in my prayers.

I think of you often as I have a fondness for you because I have never read a single word that you have written that was unfavorable towards Islam. In fact, you have shown considerable knowledge of Islam and you have often defended our faith. Not to pressure you ;) as there is no compulsion in religion, but it would lessen my saddness to see you state the shahada and to see your Way of Life listed as Muslim.

*Hana*
08-07-2008, 12:02 AM
My dear snakelegs:

I have just come to the forum after a long time and read this thread. My heart is so heavy with sadness. :cry: I am so sorry to hear of your suffering and pray sincerely Allah, swt, will ease it for you.

I'm really at a loss for words as my brother was just diagnosed yesterday and still in shock. Now to hear of you. I'm so, so sorry.

There are really no words. :cry:

Ameen to all the duas.

With peace,
Hana

crayon
08-07-2008, 12:23 AM
Eli, I am so glad to hear from you, but I am terribly saddened to know the pain and discomfort that you are experiencing. Insha'Allah you will recover from the hospital ordeal and feel much better soon. I will keep you in my prayers.

I think of you often as I have a fondness for you because I have never read a single word that you have written that was unfavorable towards Islam. In fact, you have shown considerable knowledge of Islam and you have often defended our faith. Not to pressure you ;) as there is no compulsion in religion, but it would lessen my saddness to see you state the shahada and to see your Way of Life listed as Muslim.
Everything he said.
It's good to see you back on here snakey, I'm really hoping you get better soon! I miss reading your posts! :(

north_malaysian
08-07-2008, 12:54 AM
can we give snakelegs zamzam water?

crayon
08-07-2008, 12:57 AM
Of course, I don't see why not.. but can she get any where she lives?

north_malaysian
08-07-2008, 03:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Of course, I don't see why not.. but can she get any where she lives?
maybe somebody can post her zamzam water...

جوري
08-07-2008, 04:13 AM
That is a great idea.. we should also like to send her some honey with black seed...

extinction
08-07-2008, 04:41 AM
thank you from my heart.
Woah! Dude, I haven't been on here in forever, but you were one of my favorite posters, what's up?

north_malaysian
08-07-2008, 04:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
with black seed...

Habbatul Sawda?

Nawal89
08-07-2008, 05:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
Woah! Dude, I haven't been on here in forever, but you were one of my favorite posters, what's up?
She has been diagnosed with lung cancer:cry:

may Allah make it easy one her ameen.

Snakey Please take care of yourself. I will keep you in my dua'.

Muslim Woman
08-07-2008, 12:35 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
can we give snakelegs zamzam water?

Skye Ephémérine :That is a great idea.. we should also like to send her some honey with black seed...

good idea bro & sis

I found this

ZamZam Water now available...Order Online!
Dear Brothers and Sisters...Assalaam alaikum

We now have the Miraculous ZamZam water available for sale.
A Great Eid Gift to give your Parents, your Uncles or Aunts, your Brothers or Sisters or Even for You!

Visit our Sites today and Order ZamZam Water and many more items available Online.

Order Today to receive before Eid!

www.FreeIslamicShopping.com or www.BlackSeed.ca

Black Seed Herbal Honey - 12 Sticks

A convenient way to take our honey with you wherever you go!

Available in three flavors

• Soothing Blend Honey • Energizing Blend Honey • Immune Boost

http://amazingherbs.com/

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26733

FatimaAsSideqah
08-07-2008, 01:10 PM

Masha'Allah! Its great idea..why not??

FatimaAsSideqah
08-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Problem is that where can I post to?

MustafaMc
08-07-2008, 05:38 PM
We should respect that people are reluctant to share private information over the internet. I suggest that those who want to send Snakelegs a gift should send her a private message asking for her mailing address and include your e-mail address for a response. I remind everyone that she is seriously ill and may not feel up to responding to all requests.

Keep her in your prayers. I know that she appreciates all of the prayers and the concerns that have been expressed here. May Allah reward each of you for the kindness extended to a dear sister in humanity.

FatimaAsSideqah
08-07-2008, 05:45 PM
We should respect that people are reluctant to share private information over the internet. I suggest that those who want to send Snakelegs a gift should send her a private message asking for her mailing address and include your e-mail address for a response. I remind everyone that she is seriously ill and may not feel up to responding to all requests.

Keep her in your prayers. I know that she appreciates all of the prayers and the concerns that have been expressed here. May Allah reward each of you for the kindness extended to a dear sister in humanity.

Good idea, brother. I will do planning to sent her Black Seed Oil Gift.

I will pm her soon, Insha'Allah and I will be patient to hear from her response.

Na7lah
08-07-2008, 05:46 PM
oh how did i miss this thread

Subhanallah i reeeaaaly hope u feel better snakelegs imsad

i will keep u in my duas, an i pray u get a speedy recovery

jannat
08-07-2008, 05:59 PM
saalam,

Hope you have a speedy recovery hun, May Allah SWT give you a cure to this illness inshallah. Be strong and have trust, he and we are here for you sweet.
Take it slowly, step by step, inshallah everything will be ok.

Best regards may dear, May He bring you happinesss, peace and Good health inshallah.

Eric H
08-08-2008, 01:22 AM
Greetings and peace be with you eli, you are in my prayers.

When faced with death, it is a time to hope and pray for the best yet prepare for the worst. There is a need to strive to be at peace with God, to be at peace with our self, and with our family and friends.

It is a time to heal all old wounds and to make up with people, a time to say how much you love the people in your life, a time to make up with God.

You have a wonderful calming way on this forum, you are kind, helpful and always thinking of others, I am sure you must be a wonderful friend to lots of people.

When a loved one dies in our family it leaves a great deal of grief, maybe it is a time to try and reassure all those around you. Maybe now is the time to say to your family and friends, you must get on with your own lives if I should pass away, miss me but let me go.

A poem taken from "Poetic Expressions a proud supporter of Marie Curie whose Nurses provide free nursing care to cancer patients

When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me
I want no rites in a gloom filled room
Why cry for a soul set free?
Miss me a little, but not for long
And not with your head bowed low
Remember the love that once we shared
Miss me, but let me go.
For this is a journey we all must take
And each must go alone.
It's all part of the master plan
A step on the road to home.
When you are lonely and sick at heart
Go to the friends we know.
Laugh at all the things we used to do
Miss me, but let me go.

http://poeticexpressions.co.uk/POEMS...%20me%20go.htm
Maybe you will have many years ahead, we can only pray.

In the spirit of praying for an inner peace that surpasses all understanding,

Eric

north_malaysian
08-08-2008, 01:51 AM

Brother MustafaMc,

I dont think that snakelegs would read our PMs, can you contact her friend and say that if we want to send her things, where should we post it...you can give the address by PM me...

and those who want to send her gifts, or get well cards can PM you too...

Khayal
08-08-2008, 02:16 AM
Greetings Snakelegs..

Hope you are doing fine. You are in my prayers, May Allaah SWT recover you soon to complete health, InshaAllah. when you have time, please check your pms..

Allaah bless you, InshaAllaah!

Muslim Woman
08-08-2008, 07:48 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Brother MustafaMc,

I dont think that snakelegs would read our PMs, can you contact her friend and say that if we want to send her things, where should we post it...you can give the address by PM me...

and those who want to send her gifts, or get well cards can PM you too...
another good idea bro

Re.TiReD
08-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Peace Eric,

Thank you for the beautiful poem, I cant help but think I've read/heard it before somewhere.

May Allah bless you Snakelegs.

snakelegs
08-09-2008, 06:17 AM
to those who want to send cards and stuff - PM Me - i'll be happy to give you my e-mail. but really your prayers is what is seek. (prayer hog)

glo
08-09-2008, 07:33 AM
Oh, snakelegs, I have missed you being online ...! :(
Did you get my email? I am worried that it got lost in cyberspace or in your spam filter.

Don't worry about the prayer. I have good stamina where it comes to prayer. A bit like your leopard, I just keep going ...
I pray that you keep going too, in every way! :)

piXie
08-09-2008, 04:22 PM

:( I wish I could come visit u in hosp. I prayed for u lots, n will continue to do so insha'Allaah.

... n for others who are not well. :(

ummzayd
08-12-2008, 09:54 PM
My dear sister snakelegs, I only check in with this board occasionally now, but I always look for recent posts from you, because your good heart and good sense made a big impression on me when I first joined this board. Subhan'Allah, it is really amazing how one can feel close to someone just from seeing their words typed on a screen! If I was feeling all mystical and poetic I might say, it is because this medium strips us bare down to our very souls and hearts, without the complication of our physical selves getting in the way of communication.

I was truly grieved when I logged in last week for the first time in ages, and found out that you were seriously ill. You are in my thoughts and prayers; and while of course I pray that God will let you stay a bit longer on this earth, most of all I pray that He will guide you to the straight path, because there is nothing better I can ask for you than that.

My brother is a survivor of cancer, alhamdulillah. Started in the testicles and spread to the lungs. In his case they did operate and removed part of one lung. That was about 5 years ago. It was a terrible time, for him and for all the family. He is still a militant athiest, although lately I detected a bit of a wobble....insha'Allah he may still be convinced. All my siblings are non-Muslim (my parents are dead), I always pray that they will accept Islam, even if it be at the end of their lives.

Snakelegs, whether you live for one more day, or for another 50 years, I pray that God will shower you with His mercy and His love, which is what all of us need more than anything this life has to offer. ameen.

Peace

Muslim Woman
08-18-2008, 03:50 PM

any news of our sis ? Is she improving ?

snakelegs
08-19-2008, 02:33 AM
hi and thanks for asking.
no, i'm afraid there is no news. there won't really be any i guess, until it is all over.....unless, of course, there is some kind of big fat surprise waiting! you never know...

Muslim Woman
08-19-2008, 04:56 AM
Salaam/peace;

no, i'm afraid there is no news. there won't really be any i guess, until it is all over.....unless, of course, there is some kind of big fat surprise waiting! you never know...

dear s , pl. don't give up hope ....keep praying .

Yes , we never know what's waiting for us. So , keep fighting & praying . God Willing , His blessing will be on you :statisfie

Eric H
08-19-2008, 05:01 AM
Greetings and peace be with you snakelegs,

Despite all the things you are suffering with, I pray that you will find that inner peace that surpasses all understanding.

In the spirit of praying to a loving and merciful God.

Eric

north_malaysian
08-19-2008, 07:24 AM
unless, of course, there is some kind of big fat surprise waiting! you never know...
I pray to God to give you a good kind of big fat surprise! Amin!

Sahabiyaat
08-19-2008, 12:51 PM
:)ameen
stay strong snakelegs!

جوري
08-19-2008, 05:36 PM
Eli... you have to see a dietitian, and give your body a fighting chance.. How your body fights along with meds you take make a big difference in outcome.. I have seen people who were given three months with the worst possible cancers, have their cancers go into remission, go on to live 5~6 years after grim prognosis...

life belongs to God, in his hands at all hours.. you must remember that.. it isn't modern medicine that decides when one is born, or when one expires...we are all in his hands at every moment relegate your life, sorrows, woes, hurt and worries to him truly as your safety net...

You are in my thoughts and prayers always..
so get well!

M

Woodrow
08-19-2008, 05:40 PM

Surprises do happen. May you be granted a very joyous one, Amin

bewildred
08-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Hello Snakelegs,

My sisters and brothers here, said it all. I just wanted to let you know that it's such a delight to read your tactful, tolerant and intelligent posts. You deserve the best. For the righteous souls, the doors are always open. Hang in there. We're all behind you

Tania
08-19-2008, 08:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Surprises do happen. May you be granted a very joyous one, Amin
Including with the wrong diagnosis of the illness. A man was diagnosed with leucemia - a blood cancer. He got so scared, the family could not find the words for him and in the end it was only a hepatitis, lever illness which was cured.

Take the medicine but be careful at what you eat and follow your own intuition :)

Whatsthepoint
08-23-2008, 12:14 AM
I havent noticed this until now!
I hope, you're all right snakey, I cant pray foir you, but I can hope! I hope my hope gives you hope!

MustafaMc
08-23-2008, 04:30 AM
I received an email from Eli tonight and she said that she has felt better the past several days. Please, keep her in your prayers and thoughts.

Tania
08-23-2008, 04:52 AM
I received an email from Eli tonight and she said that she has felt better the past several days.
Thank you for the good news :)

Muslim Woman
08-23-2008, 08:35 AM

I received an email from Eli tonight and she said that she has felt better the past several days.
MashaAllah , I am so happy :)

bro; Jazak Allah Khair for sharing the good news , keep us updated like this pl.

glo
08-23-2008, 08:31 PM
How are you doing, snakelegs?

I thought of you during my camping trip, when I watched a grass snake swim across the river.
(Well, I thought about you more often than that - but that was one occasion, which reminded me of you! :))

snakelegs
08-24-2008, 02:09 AM
mustafa,
thanks for posting my updates now and then. as you said, the last few days have gone a little better and i am feeling encouraged again.
i have days when it is quite bearable and days .....when it isn't. there are days i can't go on the computer and when i can, i can't make any sense out of it or type a coherent sentence.
i am hoping that after a while i will have a better idea of just what i can expect over the next few months as far as my daily life is concerned - so far, much still remains to be known.
i think your prayers and caring are helping me, i really do....i have been really touched by your responses.
glo, your camping trip looks wonderful - one of my favourite things to do. eeek...summer is almost over already, isn't it?
sure, what'sthepoint - your hopes count. we ain't got no rules here!
i miss you guys but at the same time, i know you're all right here and how cool is that?

Khayal
08-24-2008, 02:11 AM
Greetings snakelegs

Good to see you online..:) hope you are doing fine by the Grace of Allaah SWT, trust in Allaah to take care of you, and don't lose hope....everything will be fine....InshaAllaah!

Take care.

Edit!

Just saw your reply....good to hear....get well and come back soon..

MustafaMc
08-24-2008, 02:23 AM
I am so glad to see that you feel up to coming online. We have missed you here. Insha'Allah, you will improve and be able to return more often.

Eeman
08-24-2008, 02:25 AM
HEY ELI!!!!:)
ALHUMDULLILAH!!! you sound much better in spirit... your posts are becoming longer too hehe...
sorry i havent checked up on you lately been having some downs but Alhumdullilah everything is still all good.

are you still listening to your qawallis?
your always in my prayers eli and i know that each and everyday you will get stronger and stronger Insha'Allah.
so despair not!
so what are you doing to pass time now?
if you have time in your hands to occupy why dont you start up focusing on learning urdu hehe... you always said you wanted to learn it why dont you start now?
if you want some material i'll search forit Insha'Allah and post them to you.

let me know...

loads of love your way and huggies and kisses xoxoxoxoxox

take good care of yourself

wa salam :)

Eric H
08-24-2008, 06:54 AM
Blessings and peace be with you eli,

You are in my thoughts and prayers, sometimes if you are able to let go and hand over all your problems and fears to God, you might find an inner peace that surpasses all understanding.

In the spirit of searching for peace in your heart,

Eric

Muslim Woman
08-25-2008, 05:25 AM
Salaam/peace;

....the last few days have gone a little better and i am feeling encouraged again.

I am so glad to see u online :D :statisfie

May God help u to feel better & may God cure you totally , Ameen.

Muslim Woman
08-25-2008, 05:36 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Eeman

...your posts are becoming longer too hehe...

lol...good to point it out ......that's wonderful...keep it up sis SL :statisfie

syilla
08-25-2008, 06:37 AM

MashaAllah nice to see your post snakelegs

snakelegs
08-25-2008, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eeman
HEY ELI!!!!:)
ALHUMDULLILAH!!! you sound much better in spirit... your posts are becoming longer too hehe...

eeek! you're cathing on!
sorry i havent checked up on you lately been having some downs but Alhumdullilah everything is still all good.
are you still listening to your qawallis?
always in my prayers eli and i know that each and everyday you will get stronger and stronger Insha'Allah.
so despair not!
so what are you doing to pass time now?
if you have time in your hands to occupy why dont you start up focusing on learning urdu hehe... you always said you wanted to learn it why dont you start now?
if you want some material i'll search forit Insha'Allah and post them to you.

let me know...

loads of love your way and huggies and kisses xoxoxoxoxox

take good care of yourself

wa salam :)
yes, of course i'm still listening to my qawwalis - they are essential.
urdu???!!!! many days i can hardly string an english sentence together! it would be a great opportunity - IF the brains were there. where or where have they gone?

snakelegs
08-25-2008, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FutureAndAHope
Hi I prayed for you and also asked for a verse from the bible that applies to you. It is:

Consider, I ask you, from this day forward and backward to your past, ... from this day will I bless you. Hag 2:18-19

The verses before this speak of lack, but the one after, the ones I gave you of a fresh blessing. It is a call to consider your past, but also your future. For surely God wants your future to be blessed.

I have just one other thing to share. I am sure there is plenty of debate over religion on this forumn but know that true religion is just to live your life in relationship with God. It is not about what you can and can't eat.

Col 2:20 If ye died with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to ordinances,
Col 2:21 Handle not, nor taste, nor touch
Col 2:22 (all which things are to perish with the using), after the precepts and doctrines of men?

To submit yourself to God is as easy as making a new friend. He has no demands. Just that you become that friend.
thanks and welcome to the forum. i think pretty much all here would agree with you that true religion is to live in relationship with god, not about what you can and can't eat.

snakelegs
08-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Blessings and peace be with you eli,

You are in my thoughts and prayers, sometimes if you are able to let go and hand over all your problems and fears to God, you might find an inner peace that surpasses all understanding.

In the spirit of searching for peace in your heart,

Eric
yes - these are truly the best moments of all. it seems that you cannot seek them, they must come - like grace.

*Hana*
08-25-2008, 11:32 PM
WOW, so nice to see you online! You made my day!!:D

I think about you every day and wonder how you're doing. Your spirits seem high and it's wonderful to see. :)

Hang in there and stay strong!! Along with everyone else, I keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hana

YusufNoor
08-26-2008, 03:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by bewildred
Hello Snakelegs,

My sisters and brothers here, said it all. I just wanted to let you know that it's such a delight to read your tactful, tolerant and intelligent posts. You deserve the best. For the righteous souls, the doors are always open. Hang in there. We're all behind you

hmmm, i reckon that DOES describe snakelegs, now doesn't it!

you got class snakey, we need more of that around here.

btw, i know what a koala is, but NOT a qawwali! :D

have you ever heard Mufti Ismail Menk recite Qur'an? it's a real uplifting experience:

http://www.nazirakoob.com/menk/Tafseer2005.html

give him a try sometimes.

we are all praying [and hoping] for you!

Tania
08-26-2008, 04:56 AM
In China the people are treating it with Ginseng and Astragalus.
In several articles its recommended to eat cabbage and broccoli.
I will search for more :)

ahsan28
08-26-2008, 07:40 AM
I pray for you health and happiness.

A_Way_Of_Life
08-27-2008, 01:25 AM
May Allah Subhanahu wa-ta'ala heal you and guide you, Ameen! :)

Muslim Woman
09-03-2008, 03:38 AM
Salaam/peace;

sis , how are u ?

Amat Allah
09-04-2008, 05:33 AM
yes how are you honey??

MustafaMc
09-09-2008, 03:26 PM
It is with great saddness that I pass on this message that I received from our dear Sister Eli's friend.

"My beloved friend and companion of 45 years died this afternoon at 4:15 PM. It went very quicly and I don't think she suffered too much. Unfortunately, at this time I can't say the same for me. You learned in a short time how unique and special she was. She was only 18 when I first knew her and even though she belonged to no religion as such I recognized her as a very special messenger and a deeply religious person and lover of God even though she refused to see him as belonging to any particular faith or people. She was truly a righteously living person and though I am older by five years she was my teacher in life.

She will live on in the memory of many people even though she never met them and lived most of her life as a recluse.

Thank you and all the members of IB for their prayes and good wishes. She did feel very grateful and was deeply moved by all the outpouring. She believed that the prayers helped. She got her wish "Dear God, let it be quick, let it be quick".

Thank you all again and may all humankind learn that love of each other is love of God and I pray that all people will live in respect and tolerance for each other.

She played your records more than Nusrat in the end and she often used "La Illha" etc. as a mantra when she was afraid."

Note this last sentence that I understood to say she believed in One God and did not associate partners with Him. Please, join me in making dua for the forgiveness of Eli's sins and that she be given an easy accounting before Allah on that Day.

------
09-09-2008, 03:29 PM
:salamext:

:ooh::ooh::ooh::ooh::ooh::ooh::ooh::ooh::ooh:

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon!!

:'( :'( :'( :'(

May Allaah grant her Jannah because she truly believed in La ilaaha illah Muhammad ur RasoolAllaah!!

Ya Allaah grant her Jannah, Ameen!!!

:'(

MaiCarInMtl
09-09-2008, 03:36 PM
:cry:
I'm so sorry. What can one say? My thoughts are with her family and friends. I'm really sorry.

Al-Zaara
09-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Allah Allah... Inna lillahi we inna illahi rajuun... I'm crying now, it came so quickly...

I will pray for her, for she was in my heart always a special person with such a youtful soul and so open and good to everyone. May Allah subhana we ta'ala forgive Elis sins and grant her mercy and let her enter Jannah!! Amiin inshaAllah!!

SubhanAllah...

'Abd-al Latif
09-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Snakelegs passed away?? Eli is snakelegs?

------
09-09-2008, 03:38 PM
^ yeh

Güven
09-09-2008, 03:40 PM
SubhanAllah :cry:

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilahi Raji'un ( second Time I Said This in 10 min :cry:)

I didnt Realy know Her But She Sounds like She was a very nice person
May Allah(swt) Grant her Jannah And Protect her From The Grave Punishment Ameen
, She Believed In One God, The MOST Merciful one !! La Illahe Illallah!! :cry:

MustafaMc
09-09-2008, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Snakelegs passed away?? Eli is snakelegs?
Yes, Eli was known as Snakelegs on LI. She passed away yesterday.

Muhammad
09-09-2008, 03:46 PM

SubhanAllaah, Innaa lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raji'oon (Truly! To Allâh we belong and truly, to Him we shall return).

This is very sad news indeed. Snakelegs was very well known on this forum and for an Agnostic, her knowledge of Islam was quite impressive. We can only hope that she did utter the shahaadah before passing away Insha'Allaah.

Which records did she begin playing more of?

crayon
09-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Wow.
Inna lillahi wa ina ilayhi raji3oon.
To be honest, I didn't even expect this.. i guess being too much of an optimist can have its downfalls. :(
She was always so great, I don't think I ever disagreed with any of her posts. Always so polite and respectful. Knew more about islam that a lot of muslims.
I hope she died a believer, and hope that her illness and patience will be in her scale of the day of judgment, and I know Allah will reward her for them..
And hey, it's Ramadan, the month of mercy! The gates of hell are closed, and paradise is wide open..:)

La illaha illa Allah.

------
09-09-2008, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

SubhanAllaah, Innaa lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raji'oon (Truly! To Allâh we belong and truly, to Him we shall return).

This is very sad news indeed. Snakelegs was very well known on this forum and for an Agnostic, her knowledge of Islam was quite impressive. We can only hope that she did utter the shahaadah before passing away Insha'Allaah.

:salamext:

I think it was Qur'aan, coz she told me she used to like listening to Qur'aan a lot as well.

Pk_#2
09-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh :'( :(

Noooooooo! Snakey :(

Innalillahi Wa Inna ilayhi Rajioon :( :( :'( imsad

Uthman
09-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Inna lillaahi wa Inna ilayhi raaji'oon.

I'm shocked. :cry: She was such a respectful person and she never degraded anybody elses beliefs which is more than could be said for many of us on this board. Her intelligent contributions were always valued. It was a pleasure to know her.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-09-2008, 03:53 PM
la ilaha? inshaAllaah she also said illallaah... i hope..

inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raajiun..

Far7an
09-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Assalaamu alaikum

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon. This is truly sad news! I didn't converse with her on the forum, but of all the non-Muslims that have visited the forum, I have to say she was by far the most respectful!

).
We can only hope that she did utter the shahaadah before passing away Insha'Allaah.
Insha'Allah.

Pk_#2
09-09-2008, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
Assalaamu alaikum

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon. This is truly sad news! I didn't converse with her on the forum, but of all the non-Muslims that have visited the forum, I have to say she was by far the most respectful!

Insha'Allah.
she said laa ilaaha :BeRightBack: i just hope she said illaallaah (but Allaah) in her mind atleast, she was so cooote, everyone loved her, she had awesome intelligence of our deen, and even knew urdu, she was just loved by so many,

Hmm. :(

Nájlá
09-09-2008, 04:05 PM

thats so sad ya allah grant snakey jannah

YusufNoor
09-09-2008, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

Snakelegs wasn't agnostic about God, just religion...[at least that was my perception, Allah knows best]

i have to agree with Osman

She was such a respectful person and she never degraded anybody elses beliefs which is more than could be said for many of us on this board. Her intelligent contributions were always valued. It was a pleasure to know her.
Snakelegs had class!

May Allah[swt] accept her attempt to understand the Truth and may He[swt] accept her most acceptable position on La ilaaha illah Allah Muhammad ur RasoolAllaah

and ditto crayon:

She was always so great, I don't think I ever disagreed with any of her posts. Always so polite and respectful. Knew more about islam that a lot of muslims.
I hope she died a believer, and hope that her illness and patience will be in her scale of the day of judgment, and I know Allah will reward her for them..
And hey, it's Ramadan, the month of mercy! The gates of hell are closed, and paradise is wide open..

La illaha illa Allah.

'Abd al-Baari
09-09-2008, 04:10 PM

Inna Lillahi waInna Ilayhi Raji'oon. That really is sad news, i'm going to miss her presence here on the forum.

Insha'Allah she died upon the Haqq.

Riya90
09-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Inna lillahi wainna ilayhi raji'oon

Umm Yoosuf
09-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon.

Subhan Allaah i'm so shocked...

Ar-RaYYan
09-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Inna lillahi wainna ilayhi raji'oon:cry:

Al-Hanbali
09-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Inna lillaah wa innaa ilayhi raaji'oon ...

Lets pray she passed away upon the Haq ...

Woodrow
09-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Inna Lillahi waInna Ilayhi Raji'oon our dear member and perhaps finally our dear sister Inshallah.

Few people will be missed as much as our resident Snakelegs.

Intisar
09-09-2008, 05:10 PM
:sl: SubhanAllaah, inalilahi waina ilayhi rajioon. In the short span of coming across snakelegs on the forum, I always had this gut feeling inside that she would choose Islaam.

May Allaah forgive her of her sins, save her from the torments of the grave and hellfire and grant her the highest of Jannah inshaaAllaah! Ameen.

chacha_jalebi
09-09-2008, 05:13 PM
this is really like shockin man

inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon, inshallah she died on haq,

i think death really hits you, when you know the person who died, she was a great sister, i hope she did die on la ilaha il allah, ameen! :(

Tania
09-09-2008, 05:17 PM
May rest in peace. I will really miss you :(

MustafaMc
09-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Masha'Allah, a while back I had sent her a couple of CD's. I think they were "Prophet's Hands" and "Road to Medina".

MustafaMc
09-09-2008, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
Note that the sentence stated by her friend was "La ilaha, etc". Eli's friend did not state and perhaps did not remember exactly what Eli had repeatedly said while she was in pain. I believe that it was at least "La ilaha ilallah."

Snakelegs is listed as an agnostic, but I always thought of her as an "irreligious monotheist". There is no question in my mind that she believed in One God.

Khayal
09-09-2008, 05:46 PM

Inna Lilahe Wa Inna Elaehe Raje'on!

I will pray for her, she will be in my heart always a special person. May Allaah subhana Wa Ta'ala forgive her sins and grant her mercy and let her enter Jannah!! InshaAllaah & Aameen!

Uthman
09-09-2008, 05:47 PM
thanks, people.

Na7lah
09-09-2008, 05:56 PM
i was never affected this much by someone's death :cry:

May Allah have mercy on her

جوري
09-09-2008, 06:01 PM
I can't believe this, I am browsing here and can't believe you are writing this about Eli -- oh my dearest Eli.. I am so overcome with grief.. oh I feel I am going to be sick..

Sob7an Allah.. Inna lilah wa'inna ilyhi raji3oon..

oh my dearest Eli.. may you have uttered the sha'hada in the holy month, when all the doors of heaven are open..
astghfor Allah al3li il3atheem...

we have lost so many great members here
brother asyur an nyagi
brother no name
sister Eli

imsad imsad

faizan786
09-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Inna Lilahi Wa Inna Elahe Raji'oon.

I pray Allah subhana Wa Ta'ala forgives her sins and grants her Jannah. Ameen.

Mikayeel
09-09-2008, 06:08 PM
oohh..:(

gladTidings
09-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajioun !! :(

This is such a shock...I hope she left this world as a believer.

BlissfullyJaded
09-09-2008, 06:44 PM

O...:cry: Inna lillahi wa inna illayhi raji'oun. :cry:

What a blessed month to die in...and I hope it was upon the haqq. :cry: I truly am speechless and feel so sad and near tears. She will be missed here at LI...I can only echo what everybody else has said about her respectfulness and sincerity.

Ameen to all the duas.

Ali.
09-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Wow... pretty shocking.

...إِنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ

{2:156}

جوري
09-09-2008, 07:04 PM
thank you from my heart.
--Thank you from my heart! imsad :cry:
I am a better person for having known you Eli

Ansariyah
09-09-2008, 07:13 PM
I didnt even know her but reading about how she touched others got me in tears. ina lilahi wa ina ileyhi raja''uun.

May ALlah forgive her, make her grave spacious and let her into al-firdows ameen.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-09-2008, 07:47 PM

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon.

I don't think there is anything left for me to add - Ameen to all the 'adiya. She really was an asset to this forum and a very respectable member. She will definitely be missed. Her posts were always great to read. I sincerely pray that Allaah gave her the ability to pass away upon 'la illaaha illalah' and that she will be able to use that on Yawm al-Qiyamah.

Re.TiReD
09-09-2008, 09:05 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...bring-you.html :(

جوري
09-09-2008, 09:17 PM

I had sent this card to Eli .. and she replied to me-- this is a part of her words I'll share

i do affirm and actively choose to engage with life - the last 10 years have seen that change in my life. funny you mention reaching out to others...i have always been a recluse-never a reacher-outer. this time - with this illness and this forum - is the first time i have ever turned to people for help with a Biggie. and the response has made me very happy that i did.
thanks for all your prayers and encouragement.
I am so glad she came on here and the members were so supportive of her.. I do wish her friend would come on to let us know more about her last days as a consolation to us perhaps even herself..

I honestly thought she would get better, her cancer would go into remission with treatment and she would have at least a couple of years under her belt-- she didn't want to discuss treatment and told me she was only taking pain meds and oxygen imsad...

It is going to take me a long time to cope with this..

you'll be missed my friend..
always in our hearts..

09-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Innalillaahi wa inna ilaihi raaji3oon :cry:

*Hana*
09-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon

My heart is so heavy and broken. :cry: What amazing lady she was. I feel so honoured and blessed to have been a small part of her life. I was only a small part of hers, but what she gave to me can't be measured. Her intelligence, her constant search for knowledge, her insight and wisdom, her amazing sense of humour are only a touch of her qualities I loved so much and will miss more than words could express.

I'm completely shocked by this news, but thank brother MustafaMc for taking the time to share it with us.

Nawal89
09-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Inna lillah wa inna ilayhi raji3un..
This is such sad news..She was such an amazing woman! I'll miss her alot..I always loved what she had to say. Subhanallah i'm really crying.

SixTen
09-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Innalillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Raji'un, This is very sad news, I had a lot of relevant discussions with Eli - so I got to know her quite a bit - she supported me in tough times too - infact its hard to sink in just what happened... Like whoah.

Mawaddah
09-09-2008, 10:21 PM

Inna lillah wa inna ilaihi raaji'oon...I am just so shocked by this news :cry: I didn't want to believe it at first :cry: She will be really missed!

jzcasejz
09-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Very sad news.

انا لله وانا اليه راجعون

al Amaanah
09-09-2008, 10:56 PM
inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raaji'un, insha Allah she died upon al haqq.

Snowflake
09-09-2008, 11:33 PM
inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi ra ji'oon :cry::cry::cry:

I feel deeply grieved to think I wasnt here to send a few words of love and encouragement to sister snakelegs when she needed them most. But may Allah reward you all for having done just that. May Allah deal with her with Mercy. Ameen. I wish I'd gotten to know her. :(

Another blow is finding out that bro 'no name' has also passed away. I feel so sick having jus noticed it mentioned in another post. May Allah place noor in his grave and grant him jannatul firdaws, ameen. I feel sick with grief. :cry:

Eric H
09-10-2008, 12:03 AM
Greetings and peace be with you MustafaMc;

Thank you for letting us know about our dear friend eli, she was indeed special to many of us; and will be sadly missed.

I am sure she was also very special to our God, the creator of each and everyone of us, may she rest in peace.

God's blessing and peace be with you eli, I shall miss you,

Eric

Umu 'Isa
09-10-2008, 12:04 AM
Subhan Allaah what a shock :cry:

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon. Insha Allaah ya Rabb, she chose Allaah as her Lord and Muhammad (saws) as her Messenger!

FatimaAsSideqah
09-10-2008, 12:15 AM

What?! Its such sooooo shock to hear! :cry::cry: Oh my! She is sooo lovely and kindness sister! I am so speechless! My heart is cry.

Inna Lilahi Wa Inna Ilahe Raji'oon!

I'm pray Allah Taala forgives her sins and grants her Jannah. Ameen.

north_malaysian
09-10-2008, 12:42 AM
Ya Allah! Ya Allah! Ya Allah! :cry::cry::cry:

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un....

Snakey is one of the best forummers in this forum...she taught me a lil bit of Hebrew and lots of humours...

I cant believe that she left us so fast....:cry:

I really hope that deep in her heart she witnessed the oneness of God and Muhammad is His Messenger....I really...really hope that...

P/S: She always asked me about syilla...

Amat Allah
09-10-2008, 02:58 AM
Inna lellah wa inna ilayhi rajioon

(Truly! To Allâh we belong and truly, to Him we shall return).

Sanam
09-10-2008, 03:02 AM
May Allah guide you and make you well. Ameen

Khayal
09-10-2008, 03:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sanam
May Allah guide you and make you well. Ameen

This morning she passed away... :(

rose17
09-10-2008, 03:37 AM
Inna Lillahi Wa inna ilaihi rajiun :cry:

Sanam
09-10-2008, 04:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khayal

This morning she passed away... :(

Inna Lillahi Wa inna ilaihi rajiun

Ummu Sufyaan
09-10-2008, 05:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Baari

Inna Lillahi waInna Ilayhi Raji'oon. That really is sad news, i'm going to miss her presence here on the forum.

Insha'Allah she died upon the Haqq.

format_quote Originally Posted by Saifur-Rahmaan
Inna lillaah wa innaa ilayhi raaji'oon ...

Lets pray she passed away upon the Haq ...
Ditto :thumbs_up

IB-Staff
09-10-2008, 07:21 AM
Subhanallah. This news is truly shocking!
of all the non-Muslims that have visited the forum, I have to say she was by far the most respectful!
Indeed!
This forum is going to miss her input and presence, a lot.
I so hope she died on the haqq :( It's really hard to believe she's no more.
She'll be in our memories always.

aboveinfluence
09-10-2008, 07:27 AM
I am new to the forum and i don't really know sister snakelegs at all but reading all the responses i know that she must have been a very special person to you all and that she will be missed dearly by everyone who knew her.

glo
09-10-2008, 07:42 AM
Dear Eli

I want to thank you for your years of friendship. For our numerous email exchanges, and your willingness to share your thoughts, to discuss our beliefs, and to sometimes just have fun!

Thank you for your desire to always see the good in people, and to look for those things that unite rather than those that divide.

Thank you for your usually gentle and sometimes quite sharp humour. Some of your comments still make me chuckle now! :)

Your kindness, patience and tolerance was visible to all. May the same God who gave you the gift of life and all those wonderful qualities now grant you his love, peace, compassion and mercy.

May you rest in God, Eli.
I will truly miss you.

Your friend A.
xx

Muslim Woman
09-10-2008, 08:32 AM

.....she often used "La Illha" etc. as a mantra when she was afraid."

I hope she uttered the shahada & Allah accepted it & will grant her paradise , Ameen.

I bought a card for her last week ... so sorry that i could not send it to her :cry:

MustafaMc
09-10-2008, 11:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
I hope she uttered the shahada & Allah accepted it & will grant her paradise , Ameen.
Insha'Allah, I will let everyone know if I learn more from her friend about what she said during her last days. At this point only Allah knows the belief that was in her heart, but I know that she believed in One God.
I bought a card for her last week ... so sorry that i could not send it to her :cry:
May Allah reward you for your intentions. Eli's friend has conveyed to me the great sense of comfort that Eli received from the love and concern expressed for her by members on LI. When she had returned from the hospital after her initial diagnosis, she was having a very difficult time. I emailed her friend all of the posts on this thread up to that date. Her friend printed my email and read these posts to her. Both of them were deeply moved by these posts. My prayers for her during her sickness were first for guidance to the Truth and to Straight Way and secondly that her suffering would be eased. Her friend has conveyed to us that the second part of my prayer was answered affirmatively and I hope that the first part was answered favorably as well. And Allah knows best.

MustafaMc
09-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Bukhari 2:442

When the time of the death of Abu Talib approached, Allah's Apostle went to him and found Abu Jahl bin Hisham and 'Abdullah bin Abi Umaiya bin Al-Mughira by his side. Allah's Apostle said to Abu Talib, "O uncle! Say: None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, a sentence with which I shall be a witness (i.e. argue) for you before Allah." Abu Jahl and 'Abdullah bin Abi Umaiya said, "O Abu Talib! Are you going to denounce the religion of Abdul Muttalib?" Allah's Apostle kept on inviting Abu Talib to say it (i.e. None has the right to be worshipped but Allah') while they (Abu Jahl and Abdullah) kept on repeating their statement till Abu Talib said as his last statement that he was on the religion of Abdul Muttalib and refused to say, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.' Then Allah's Apostle said, "I will keep on asking Allah's forgiveness for you unless I am forbidden (by Allah) to do so." So Allah revealed (the verse) concerning him (i.e. It is not fitting for the Prophet and those who believe that they should invoke (Allah) for forgiveness for pagans even though they be of kin, after it has become clear to them that they are companions of the fire 9.113).

We hope that Eli said at least "La ilaha illallaah." I have absolutely no reason to believe that she did not complete the sentence that Prophet Muhammad's Uncle Abu Talib refused to say on his deathbed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.