PDA

View Full Version : Set ur religion to 'muslim'



Mikayeel
07-12-2008, 05:13 PM
:sl:

This is something that annoys me slightly. There are certain muslim members on this forum, who do not have their religion set as 'muslim'. Its just set as undisclosed.

This is very confusing! First of why would you want to hide such a great gift? Secondly it confuses other members, me being one of them. So a kind request, could all the muslim members who have their religion set to undisclosed change to 'muslim'. I am sure most people who have it as undisclosed probably just forgat about it. So see this as a kind reminder :)

:w:
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
suffiyan007
07-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by raOnar
:sl:

This is something that annoys me slightly. There are certain muslim members on this forum, who do not have their religion set as 'muslim'. Its just set as undisclosed.

This is very confusing! First of why would you want to hide such a great gift? Secondly it confuses other members, me being one of them. So a kind request, could all the muslim members who have their religion set to undisclosed change to 'muslim'. I am sure most people who have it as undisclosed probably just forgat about it. So see this as a kind reminder :)

:w:

sometime 4 me to reply ppl forum undisclosed in the Religion,...is hard 4 me to trace their religion,some attached to their religion is muslim,but talk like an atheist,and so on...We are muslim,we must stand for Allah Religion...!
Reply

truemuslim
07-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Yeh sometimes u start debating about stuff then waaaay after u realize it was a muslim all along

Totally agree with this.
Reply

suffiyan007
07-12-2008, 11:03 PM
i am not debating or arguing...! but to stand for the truth...We are muslim!
TrueMuslim bro.People got their own views and comments.maybe it will crashed on our comments...thanks! i am not Realize...i am still conscious..."Truemuslim". Please have your courteousy.
so i got my own points and you got your own point of cause it will crash...cause everyone mentality are different kind!..thanks!
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
BlackMamba
07-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Ya 4real I need to know if the person Im talking to is Muslim or not
Reply

Nájlá
07-12-2008, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Shakoor15
Ya 4real I need to know if the person Im talking to is Muslim or not
soo do i
and i also want to know if the person am talking to is a female or male
Reply

Brother_Mujahid
07-12-2008, 11:57 PM
its way of life.... not religion :rollseyes
Reply

Mikayeel
07-13-2008, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid
its way of life.... not religion :rollseyes
:sl:

Religion 'islam' is a way of life.

I disagree u having Jedi as ur way of life, its sort of misleading. But its ur choice :)
Reply

Brother_Mujahid
07-13-2008, 12:08 AM
i set it ages ago... i'll see if i can change it. before it wasn't displayed its a new addition since the last time i was on. :statisfie
Reply

MaiCarInMtl
07-13-2008, 02:39 AM
What about the people who just really are in between/in limbo right now?

I was born and raised Catholic but I really don't identify with it, haven't in years. The closest option I could select was "undisclosed". I don't mean to throw people off, I'm just really not following any set religion...
Reply

Mikayeel
07-13-2008, 02:44 AM
Hello MaiCarInMtl,

If you have no religion then havent got one... So undisclosed would be ur best bet:)

However, for people who are 100% muslims (or any religion) its best to put that down. To avoid any confusion. Plus we muslims should take pride in the fact that we are muslims.

Peace unto u
Reply

Mikayeel
07-13-2008, 02:45 AM
Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid
i set it ages ago... i'll see if i can change it. before it wasn't displayed its a new addition since the last time i was on. :statisfie
Aah seee LI changed to the better :p

:w:
Reply

suffiyan007
07-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Wow! what a joke!....A Muslim Cursing Muslim....! telling i am a male or female...for ya all try to act so clever, why i should deny the truth,i am male.i am a muslim.
Reply

suffiyan007
07-13-2008, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by Suffiyan007
Wow! what a joke!....A Muslim Cursing Muslim....! telling i am a male or female...for ya all try to act so clever, why i should deny the truth,i am male.i am a muslim.
thank you!
Reply

Güven
07-13-2008, 01:54 PM
I agree it sure is confusing

and Im sorry for the Offtopic : Bro Suffiyan Am İ missing Something With the Cursing Part ???:?
Reply

suffiyan007
07-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by Güven
I agree it sure is confusing

and Im sorry for the Offtopic : Bro Suffiyan Am İ missing Something With the Cursing Part ???:?

Guven,they they telling me whether i am muslim or not,and i am female or male...then,trueMuslim, said i am always arguing and debating for no reason!i have a right to say anything that i want!
Reply

~*Fatima*~
07-13-2008, 03:06 PM
raOnar Wrote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid View Post
its way of life.... not religion


Religion 'islam' is a way of life.

I disagree u having Jedi as ur way of life, its sort of misleading. But its ur choice
I SoOo Agree With Bro~! Islam Is the Way Of life~! Simple & Pure~! No Other Like It~!
Reply

SixTen
07-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Suffiyan007
Guven,they they telling me whether i am muslim or not,and i am female or male...then,trueMuslim, said i am always arguing and debating for no reason!i have a right to say anything that i want!
Truemuslim was not talking about you - when she said "somtimes you start debating with someone etc", infact no one attacked you - you just didn't comprehend what they meant.
Reply

suffiyan007
07-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by SixTen
Truemuslim was not talking about you - when she said "somtimes you start debating with someone etc", infact no one attacked you - you just didn't comprehend what they meant.
Hello i didnt attacked people like a terrorist,i am just to tell the truth....
if the people choose not to listen or read my comments in the forum...just ignored.thank u.
Reply

AvarAllahNoor
07-13-2008, 05:44 PM
What if you're not muslim, should they still change it to muslim...?? :S
Reply

Musaafirah
07-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
What if you're not muslim, should they still change it to muslim...?? :S
Lol,
I think the original poster was saying it's confusing talking to a person who has the thing under their avatar saying their religion is undisclosed, when in actual fact they are muslim..
As some people do that..(I think that's all he meant, so everything's clear from the start :))
Reply

Mikayeel
07-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Musaafir
Lol,
I think the original poster was saying it's confusing talking to a person who has the thing under their avatar saying their religion is undisclosed, when in actual fact they are muslim..
As some people do that..(I think that's all she meant, so everything's clear from the start :))
jazaakAllah khair sis, thats what i ment.

Nd I would like to point out that am a he :p

thank u :)
Reply

arabianprincess
07-13-2008, 05:56 PM
welll i think its a personal choice .. if someone dont want to show he/ her a muslim then its on them... i mean wats the reason..... is it cuz u might treat them differently cuz of there religion . so at the end of the day ppl shouldnt worry about it wa salam
Reply

Musaafirah
07-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by raOnar
jazaakAllah khair sis, thats what i ment.

Nd I would like to point out that am a he :p

thank u :)
Oh! Am sorry!
Whenever I post anything, people refer to me as a 'he' lol...but I can't be bothered to tell them that!
Again, I apologise..you'll find I've changed it!
Reply

Mikayeel
07-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by arabianprincess
welll i think its a personal choice .. if someone dont wanna show he/ her a muslim then its on them... i mean wats the reason..... is it cuz u might treat them differently cuz of there religion . so at the end of the day ppl shouldnt worry about it wa salam
:sl:

Well,It does make a huge difference! There are certain things we muslims agree upon and things we don't. If a person has indicated that he is a muslim, than it would save me the hussle finding it out otherwise.

Beside why wouldn't he put it down? What personal issue could it be that a person can't put down he's a muslim?

One thing, a person might be a muslim. However he is hiding it from his family because he is a convert and hes family are on this website aswell. Highly unlikely but possible!

So I see no other 'personal' reason why a person hides the beautiful fact of being muslim!

:w:
Reply

suffiyan007
07-13-2008, 06:08 PM
why i should hide my religion...so no point to keep as secret...this is the way of our faith tauheed to Allah....people dont attached their religion cause they are by the name as muslim but do not practise muslim!
Reply

arabianprincess
07-14-2008, 03:43 AM
Originally Posted by raOnar
:sl:

Well,It does make a huge difference! There are certain things we muslims agree upon and things we don't. If a person has indicated that he is a muslim, than it would save me the hussle finding it out otherwise.

Beside why wouldn't he put it down? What personal issue could it be that a person can't put down he's a muslim?

One thing, a person might be a muslim. However he is hiding it from his family because he is a convert and hes family are on this website aswell. Highly unlikely but possible!

So I see no other 'personal' reason why a person hides the beautiful fact of being muslim!

:w:

people got many reasons ... n sometimes it could be more than that.... for example he doesnt believe in it .. anymore or probably hes weak.. or watever or maybe he doesnt want ppl to know hes muslim cuz he doesnt want to be treated differently . or he might have forgot or hes dont want to be looked down cuz he doesnt know alot about islam ( n i do know many ppl by the way) n its not i know like its not cuz they anit proud to be Muslims.. i mean u never know wat r there reason so i think well i believe ppl shouldnt be assuming stuff when THey dont know... so :smile: JUST relax n hopefully ppl who forgot to do it .. to put the sign as muslim on n for ppl who r not ready YET just take ur TIME :okay: so NO hard feeeeelings :D salam wa 3lykom n
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 01:50 AM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 01:01 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 04:34 AM
  4. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 05:03 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!