/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Female Karate Teachers

Faye
07-13-2008, 12:33 AM
Does anybody know of a female karate instructor in Lahore? (Or tae kwon do, or jujitso, or any other brand. We aren't picky.) I know loads of girls who want to learn ... but they all do hijaab. All the available instructors/classes seem to be either boys only or girls-boys mixed. Even the few women only classes seem to have male instructors. There must be some female instructors out there who teach a women only class!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Brother_Mujahid
07-13-2008, 12:39 AM
just carry a pistol around *shrug*.... your in pakistan!

Faye
07-13-2008, 02:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid
It causes trouble at metal detectors. :statisfie

Zarmina
07-16-2008, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faye
It causes trouble at metal detectors. :statisfie
:D Good come back.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MunirAhmadKamil
07-17-2008, 02:00 AM
slingshots are nice too:p however they are not lethal tho:( hehe

Faye
07-17-2008, 05:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MunirAhmadKamil
slingshots are nice too:p however they are not lethal tho:( hehe
They can be, if you are good. (We used to play with them as kids) But they are distance weapons and aren't very accurate. Also, Punjab, Pakistan is very low on pebbles, and they are heavy to carry around.:smile:

Re.TiReD
07-17-2008, 05:21 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Train me and then I'll teach yer girls :D

WassalamuAlaykum

------
07-17-2008, 05:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid
snap. I recommend AK47

Fishman
07-17-2008, 05:32 PM
:sl:
Don't learn Karate, learn Nijitsu! It will make Muzzein post here...
:w:

Brother_Mujahid
07-17-2008, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -
snap. I recommend AK47
i said a pistol not a rifle :muddlehea

------
07-17-2008, 05:42 PM
oh ok

a M9 Beretta 9mm Pistol then

noorahmad
07-17-2008, 06:35 PM
try learning freestyle, its much more beneffiting than the traditional martial arts

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-21-2008, 09:30 PM
You can always download/buy karate teaching videos and teach them, you dont realy need to know all the adavnced stuff just so long as you have some pads and gloves etc

noorahmad
07-22-2008, 08:17 AM
i don't think it'll work, cause somebody got to guide you, and explain your faults, and for the complicated moves, how can you learn it from a reading a book???

Al-Zaara
07-22-2008, 08:41 AM
Karate is a lot of fun, but I wouldn't imagine myself learning it from an book, after being taught by teachers. It's always better to have an teacher to teach you. Books help only so far.

InshaAllah you'll find an female martial arts teacher soon, I think every woman should know some martial arts.

Maybe you could ask the male teachers in Lahore if they know any female teachers? Or ask an female who has been doing martial arts for a while, to give y'all some tips?

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Not from books but from instructional videos people can learn a lot ofcourse you wont become Bruce Lee or anything but im guessing the sisters just want to do it to become healthier and to have a good workout. As long as youve got someone serious enough to teach it can be done, plus it would save some money paying the instructor.

Learn basics
Make a routine
get some equipment
give it a go

I used to traning with a few people who only went to some classes and then started to teach what they had learnt and it was pretty good.

noorahmad
07-23-2008, 07:15 PM
you need the basic knowledges before trying to learn from books and videos...u need to knw how to how to punch, how to give a kick, the basic streches which will permit you to develp your agility...i dnt think one can learn this from books

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-23-2008, 09:06 PM
Here's an example of an instructional video

PHP Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvEzqysPg2A 
cant be that hard to learn?

Al-Zaara
07-24-2008, 06:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
cant be that hard to learn?
I really don't know. All those I know, including myself, were taught by teachers and no one tried learning from an video, book or the like.

Maybe for some it may help, but I still would insist to go to a teacher if possible, inshaAllah. If not, yes, do try everything else; books, videos etc.

noorahmad
07-24-2008, 04:18 PM
i think a teacher is needed so as to guide you when you make errors while learning the different moves

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.