/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need duas for opening and closing an islamic talk

Muslimah81
07-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Salaams

I will be conducting my first ever dawah based islamic talk - could someone kindly recommend me opening and closing supplications that I could recite in my talk (in English please).

JazakhaAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslimah81
07-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Is there absolutely no-one who can give me some recommendations??imsad

chacha_jalebi
07-13-2008, 09:56 PM
salaam ma alaykoom

the khutbaa al haajah innaay!!!

al hamdu lillaahi, nahmad dahi wa nastaeenahu .... that one

and ususally can read surah al imraan the verse ya ayyuhal lazeenaa aamanuuttaqulla ...

and erm erm fa inna khayral hadiths kitaab Allah... the hadiths

and then erm erm amma baad ? and let your talk flow:D

ayesha309
07-14-2008, 03:10 PM
All praise be to Allah who has revealed the Book to His servant and has not placed therein any crookedness so as to warn of a severe chastisement from Him. And give glad tidings to the righteous believers who do good deeds that they shall have a good reward. [Surah Kahf: Ayaah 1-3] I bear witness that there is no God but Allah, the One True God who has no partner in worship. It is Allah who has honored the children of Adam, carried them on land and sea, provided them with good and pure things, and elevated them above many of His creatures. I bear witness that Muhammad is Allah's servant and messenger and the best human being. He left us on the right path and only evil people deviate from this path. May Allah's peace and blessings be upon Muhammad, his family, companions, and those who follow him until the Day of Judgment.

Fellow Muslims, fear Allah and know that He watches over you wherever you are. Surely, nothing in the earth or in the heavens in hidden from Allah. It is He who shaped you in the wombs of your mothers as He pleases. There is no God but Him, the Almighty, the All Wise.
This is the beginning of a Khutbah delivered in Arabic and translated in English. I dunno if this helps

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
07-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Muslimah81;

I like the prayers that help heal the mind,

We pray in our way; and Allah answers in his way

I asked for Strength.........
And Allah gave me Difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for Wisdom.........
And Allah gave me Problems to solve.
I asked for Prosperity.........
And Allah gave me Brain and Brawn to work.
I asked for Courage.........
And Allah gave me Danger to overcome.
I asked for Love.........
And Allah gave me Troubled people to help.
I asked for Favours.........
And Allah gave me Opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed
My Prayer has been answered.
Pray for Others to Heal Yourself.

The Prophet was always concerned about other people, Muslims and non-Muslims, and would regularly pray for them. Praying for others connects you with them and helps you understand their suffering. This in itself has a healing component to it. The Prophet has said that praying for someone who is not present increases love.
Be Thankful

Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire,If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don't know something
For it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations
Because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge
Because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes
They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you're tired and weary
Because it means you've made a difference.

It is easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks.

GRATITUDE can turn a ! negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles and they can become your blessings.
And I finish with young Osmans wise words,
The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said, “Shall I inform you of the best morals of this world and the hereafter?

They are to forgive he who oppresses you, to make a bond with he who severs from you, to be kind to he who insults you, and to give to he who deprives you
In the spirit of praying for greater interfaith friendship

Eric

Re.TiReD
07-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Peace Eric,

Wow those are amazing! Thanks :D

Peace Out :)

Eric H
07-14-2008, 07:32 PM
Greetings and peace be with you JσℓιєFℓєυя;

format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
Peace Eric,

Wow those are amazing! Thanks :D

Peace Out :)
I believe you can always find good in other people's faith, and you can learn from faiths other than your own.

In the spirit of praying for greater interfaith friendship.

Eric

Re.TiReD
07-14-2008, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you JσℓιєFℓєυя;

I believe you can always find good in other people's faith, and you can learn from faiths other than your own.

In the spirit of praying for greater interfaith friendship.

Eric
Peace

I agree with you. :)

You know, Inter-faith dialogue is very fruitful.

I think I've mentioned this before but I think there should be a list of all your 'In the Spirit of'...I find them extremely motivational.

WassalamuAlaykum

zahyababy
05-04-2017, 07:02 AM
Suggestions when beginning a speech

It is desirable that any speech should begin with the praise (al-hamd) of Allah. It is also desirable to send salawaat upon the Prophet saws, and some form of istighfaar (asking the forgiveness of Allah).

Innalhamda lillahee, nahmaduhu wa nasta'eenuhu wa nastaghfiruhu, wa na'oodhu billaahi min shuroori anfusinaa wa min sayyiaati a'maalinaa. Mainyah dihillaahu falaa mudillilahu, wa mainyudlil falaa haadiya lah.

"Alhumdulillah. Indeed, all praise is due to Allah. We praise Him and seek His Help and forgiveness. We seek refuge in Allah from our souls' evils and our wrong doings. He whom Allah guides, no one can misguide; and he whom He misguides, no one can guide."

(Ibn Mas'ud and Ibn 'Abbas in Muslim, Abu Dawud, an-Nasai and others)

Wa ashhadu anlaa ilaaha illalaahu, wahdahu laashareeka lahu, wa ash hadu anna muhammadan 'abduhu wa rasooluh.

"I bear witness that there is no god except Allah- alone without any partners. And I bear witness that Muhammad is His 'abd (servant) and Messenger."

Allahumma salli 'alaa muhammadinwa 'alaa aali muhammadinwa 'alaa aali muhammadin kamaa sallayta 'alaa aali ibraaheema innaka hameedumajeed. Allahumma baarik 'alaa muhammadinwa 'alaa aali muhammadin kamaa baarakta 'alaa aali ibraaheema wa 'alaa aali ibraheema innaka hameedum majeed.

"O Allah, send prayers upon Muhammad and the followers of Muhammad, just as You sent prayers upon Ibraheem and upon the followers of Ibraheem. Verily you are full of praise and majesty. O Allaah, send blessings upon Muhammad and upon the family of Muhammad, just as You sent blessings upon Ibraheem and upon the family of Ibraheem. Verily, You are full of praise and majesty." ( Al-Bukhari with Al-Fath)

Closing Dua

The Messenger of Allah stated: "When one of your prays, begin with the praise and lauding of Allah. Then make prayers upon the Prophet, and supplicate whatever you with of Allah."

(Fidhalah ibn 'Ubaid in Ahmad, Abu Dawud, and At-Tirmidhi)

************************************************** **********************************
Closing Du'a

Subhaana rabbika rabbil'izzati 'ammaa yasifoon. Wasalaamul 'alal mursaleen. Walhamdu lillaahi rabbil 'aalameen.

"Glory be to your Lord, the Lord of Might above what they describe. And peace be upon those sent. And praise be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds." (Surah As-Saffat 37:180-182)

Subhanakallahumma wa bihamdika, ash hadu anlaa ilaaha illa anta, astaghfiruka wa atoobu ilaik.

"How perfect You are O Allaah, and I praise You. I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except You. I seek Your forgiveness and turn to You in repentance"

(Abu Dawud, At-Tirmidhee, Ibn Majah).

Conclude with Surah Al-'Asr (surah 103)

I copied from one site.. But this is what i hear from every scholars. Hope this helps you.

muslim brother
05-04-2017, 11:27 AM

Du’aa of Prophet Musa (A.S.)
From Surah Taha
Rabbi Ishrah Li Sadry, Wayassir Li Amry, Wahlul ‘Uqdatan Min Lisany, yafqahu Qawly.
(My Lord, I ask you to expand my breast, make my task easy, undo the knot in my tongue so that my speech will become comprehensible

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.