/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What To Say To The Sick ....

chacha_jalebi
07-13-2008, 08:07 PM
As salaama alaykam
Elo ello

Diggidy diggidy ya best check yaselfs before you wreck ya selfs :D

Today im gona be talkin a really important issue, erm erm not really but somethin we should take heed off!! so
:D
Basically we all visit the sick, our friends that feelin down, or anyone needin a shoulder we as good old muslims always offer to help! Dont we.. dont we grhhh!! and we visit because its sunnah, and we are meant to like help the person out, but in many cases and i mean many a cases, we actually make things work!

For example!

When someone has jus had a car accident or any other accident, you dont go to their hospital bed and ask them “are you in pain?” well duh! Obviously! psssh and when someone is on their last breaths, you dont ask them if you can move into their room, also many people have a bad habit of droppin the secret bombs, like when someone is dyin, “o granddad erm granny didnt fall off the cliff, i pushed her” :muddlehea just leave it out lol, like the person has got enough on his plate, and your droppin the secret bombs!!

aand the worst ones are them A.I.D’s – Aunty jis in denial, like they in denial cos they look like they have been through a lot in their lifes:p and still they some how see it acceptable to call 16-24 yr olds, bhai or behnaa (sister or brother) and your like erm worreva OAP, your my granny:okay:, people like that have their own issues goin on, like they will greet the sick person and start their own story wit some next A.I.D, “awww hai pehna tera suit bara changaa eh,” ( oi oi sister, your suit is nice):mmokay: and your like erm the person is dyin, and your talkin bout suits pssssh!!

RasoolAllah (sal Allah hu aleyhi wasalam) taught us to say good words that will benefit the ill ....

Umm Salamah (May Allah be pleased with her): The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "When you visit a sick or a dying person, you should utter good words because the angels say `Amin' at what you say.'' She added: When Abu Salamah (May Allah be pleased with him) died, I came to the Prophet (PBUH) and said: "O Messenger of Allah, Abu Salamah has died.'' He (PBUH) directed me to supplicate thus: "Allahummaghfir li wa lahu, wa a`qibni minhu `uqba hasanatan [O Allah, forgive me and him, and bestow upon me a better future (give me a better substitute)].'' So I supplicated as he directed, and Allah gave me a man who was better for me than Abu Salamah (i.e., the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)). (The Prophet (PBUH) married Umm Salamah afterwards.)
[Muslim]

So when you say good words, like i hope you get well soon, even the angels say ameeen

Umm Salamah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "When a person suffers from a calamity and utters: `Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji`un. Allahumma ujurni fi musibati, wakhluf li khairan minha (We belong to Allah and to Him we shall return. O Allah! Compensate me in my affliction, recompense my loss and give me something better in exchange for it), then Allah surely compensates him with reward and better substitute.'' Umm Salamah (May Allah be pleased with her) said: When Abu Salamah (May Allah be pleased with him) died, I repeated the same supplication as the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) had commanded me (to do). So Allah bestowed upon me a better substitute than him (I was married to Muhammad, the Messenger of Allah (PBUH)).
[Muslim]

Subhanallah, sayin the extra bit, allahumma ujoorni fi musibati, wakhluf li khayran minha, or even uqbaa hasanatan bit, you ask Allah (swt) to compensate your loss and give you somethin betta, and what did Hadhrat Umm Salama (Ra) get? RasoolAllah (saw) as a husband, now thats just puree heavy!!! it dont get betta then that :D

Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "When a man's child dies, Allah, the Exalted, asks His angels, `Have you taken out the life of the child of My slave?' and they reply in the affirmative. He (SWT) then asks, `Have you taken the fruit of his heart?' and they reply in the affirmative. Thereupon He asks, `What did my slave say?' They say: `He praised You and said: Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un (We belong to Allah and to Him we shall return).' Allah says: `Build a house for my slave in Jannah and name it Baitul-Hamd (the House of Praise).'''
[At-Tirmidhi]

Subhan-Allah, its hard losin children and that, but them few words in that time, can change our life, we need to remem these stuff, like have pure sabr, because look at this world, its crap lol, i know words are easy to say but think about it, this world aint for us, we are workin towards jannah, this world is just a holiday, and when your on holiday wat you meant to dooo? Our survey says.... “PARTAAAAY”!!!! :D like we should take thins with a pinch of salt in this world, because its all full of trials whateva happens is for a reason, we shouldn’t be depressed because we should be happy and look forward to jannah and them bootifull thins within them that we cant imagine, ooo yeah!!

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: "Allah, the Exalted, says: `I have no reward except Jannah for a believing slave of Mine who shows patience and anticipates My reward when I take away his favourite one from the inhabitants of the world.'''
[Al-Bukhari]

Usamah bin Zaid (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: One of the daughters of the Prophet (PBUH) sent a message to him that her son was at his last breath, and requested him to come to her. The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) sent back the informer saying: "To Allah belongs what He takes and what He gives, and everything has a limited period (in this world). So ask her to endure patiently, and expect the reward of Allah.''[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Again like i said!! Have sabr and just deal with it, because this world aint for you, its the next world ohhh you bootifull muslims!!

Hope this was beneficial, if you liked it phone me for more on 999, thats 999 :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
09-09-2008, 03:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi

Umm Salamah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "When a person suffers from a calamity and utters: `Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji`un. Allahumma ujurni fi musibati, wakhluf li khairan minha (We belong to Allah and to Him we shall return. O Allah! Compensate me in my affliction, recompense my loss and give me something better in exchange for it), then Allah surely compensates him with reward and better substitute.'' Umm Salamah (May Allah be pleased with her) said: When Abu Salamah (May Allah be pleased with him) died, I repeated the same supplication as the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) had commanded me (to do). So Allah bestowed upon me a better substitute than him (I was married to Muhammad, the Messenger of Allah (PBUH)).
[Muslim]
JazakAllahu khayran akhee.

Masha'Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.