/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bosnia marks 13th anniversery of genocide in Srebrenica

Al-Zaara
07-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Selam aleykum we rahmetallahu,

I thought there had been created a thread about this. When I saw that was not the case, I thought better late than never. Well, people must have seen it on the news at least.

SREBRENICA, Bosnia (July 11,2008) - Some 30,000 Bosnians gathered today to remember the genocide committed by the Serbian fascist aggressor in the eastern Bosnian town of Srebrenica in July 1995 and bury the remains of 307 newly identified genocide victims.

"The relatives of the genocide victims feel the world has forgotten Srebrenica."

"The U.N. will never acknowledge their mistake, even though the genocide happened on their watch, before the eyes of the world," said 36-year old Hafiza Klepic, who came from Denmark to bury the remains of her husband."

CONTINUE READING HERE...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zarmina
07-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Thanks for bringing this up, we must never forget that 10,000 people were brutally killed by the Serbs.

Keltoi
07-14-2008, 09:24 PM
The U.N. should take more responsibility for what it allows to occur around the world. Rwanda is the most dramatic example of that failure. At least in regards to Serbia, NATO stepped up to knock them down. It was too late for the people that died in Srebrenica, but it would have been much worse if nothing was done.

Al-Zaara
07-14-2008, 09:26 PM
I was just today discussing with my father about Rwanda. It's unbeliavable what people simply just "push away" from their mind.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BlissfullyJaded
07-14-2008, 10:04 PM
:sl:

^ Rwanda was mentioned in our class, and this one girl went..."Rwanda? That's..a...country, right?" And the teacher just paused and was like...yes...

I thought the number of Bosnians said to be killed was at least 100,000, not 10,000.

May Allah grant them justice on the Day of Qiyaamah and the highest ranks of Jannah. Ameen.

Amadeus85
07-14-2008, 10:20 PM
[QUOTE=Jawharah;974104]:sl:

I thought the number of Bosnians said to be killed was at least 100,000, not 10,000.
100 000 died from Bosniaks' side in whole war most probably, and few thousands in Srebrenica alone. In this war also Serbs and Croats died in thousands.

BlissfullyJaded
07-14-2008, 10:25 PM
:sl:

Ohh right. I shoulda figured that out. Thanks..

mediadave
07-14-2008, 11:10 PM
Sebrenica was a monstorous, despicable failure on the UN's part (and also the Dutch army - of course they perhaps couldn't have fought the Serb Army with only their small arms, but to stand aside and observe a massacre...ugh)

And after every time, the UN says 'never again'. No doubt they're saying that now to mark this anniversary, while tens of thousands are murdered in Darfur.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.