/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ωнι¢н ¢нαяιту ∂σ уσυ ѕυρρσят?

Re.TiReD
07-14-2008, 06:23 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

This is just for my personal reference, I may use the results in future for something Insha'Allah.

I know we shouldnt brag about our good deeds so please vote in the poll- you do not have to post. The poll is anonymous.

If you think of any charities I have missed please let me know insha'Allah.

*smile*

WassalamuAlaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
transition?
07-14-2008, 07:16 PM
I don't really have a specific one. But the club at school that I'm in supports an organization called Schools for Schools. I've only heard of it recently and from what I understand it's associated with any religion but I could be wrong. :embarrass

Cabdullahi
07-14-2008, 07:17 PM
I dont support any charity because i myself is in need

astagfurullah im just joking i am well of alhamdulilah and inshallah when i earn money i will give to many charities not just one

Re.TiReD
07-14-2008, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by transition?
I don't really have a specific one. But the club at school that I'm in supports an organization called Schools for Schools. I've only heard of it recently and from what I understand it's associated with any religion but I could be wrong. :embarrass
AssalamuAlakum

Oh, JazakAllah khayr for your input sis. I was thinking mainly Islamic Charities, and ones that are well-known. But JazakAllah all the same :D May Allah (swt) bless ya Fishter :D

WassalamuAlaykum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
07-14-2008, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
I dont support any charity because i myself is in need

astagfurullah im just joking i am well of alhamdulilah and inshallah when i earn money i will give to many charities not just one
AssalamuAlaykum

Lol Masha'Allah. Although I guess charity does start at home. Wallahu A'lam.

Grr, I hope this thread gives me the results I need. Lol

WassalamuAlaykum

chacha_jalebi
07-14-2008, 07:41 PM
islamic aid oooo yeaah:D i like their collection boxes the money goes down in a circle, so the collector can have fun watchin the money go down & they easy to shake about :embarrass

Re.TiReD
07-14-2008, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
islamic aid oooo yeaah:D i like their collection boxes the money goes down in a circle, so the collector can have fun watchin the money go down & they easy to shake about :embarrass
AssalamuAlaykum

Huh? Do you have a pic? I dont get that Lol

WassalamuAlaykum

Re.TiReD
07-14-2008, 07:58 PM
:mmokay:

.: Jannati :.
07-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Interpal

:w:

Re.TiReD
07-15-2008, 10:07 PM
:bump:

Need more votes insha'Allah

WassalamuAlaykum

Cabdullahi
07-15-2008, 10:17 PM
Is there a charity dedicated for fish

Re.TiReD
07-15-2008, 10:21 PM
Is there a charity dedicated for fishes?
AssalamuAlaykum

Akhee as soon as I'm financially stable ima start up the RSPCF...You can help if you want.

And for you information, we dont come in plural form, its FISH :D

WassalamuAlaykum

Cabdullahi
07-15-2008, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
AssalamuAlaykum

Akhee as soon as I'm financially stable ima start up the RSPCF...You can help if you want.

And for you information, we dont come in plural form, its FISH :D

WassalamuAlaykum
hahah and sorry for the spelling mistake,you are right plural for fish is fish its weird cus its both singular and plural

Re.TiReD
07-15-2008, 10:34 PM
hahah and sorry for the spelling mistake,you are right plural for fish is fish its weird cus its both singular and plural
Yup....just like Sheep and Sheep. Lol

And I'm offended, nobody repsonds to my salaams so ima stop giving em. Hmph

Cabdullahi
07-15-2008, 10:39 PM

:rolleyes:

Re.TiReD
08-05-2008, 09:49 PM
:salamext:

:bump:

:wasalamex

FatimaAsSideqah
08-06-2008, 12:14 AM
I do support Islamic Relief.

qassy!
08-06-2008, 02:23 AM
I dont give charity, I know I should start given charity, but charities are a business, and I highly doubt my money will go to the less fortunate. But I need to start!!

Re.TiReD
08-06-2008, 02:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
I dont give charity, I know I should start given charity, but charities are a business, and I highly doubt my money will go to the less fortunate. But I need to start!!
Some charities have a 100% donations policy, ALL your donations go where you want them to akhee

qassy!
08-06-2008, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
Some charities have a 100% donations policy, ALL your donations go where you want them to akhee

No they dont, they say they do but they dont. Charities a business and the boss wants a nice chunky cut out of all those monies!!!!!!!!!

Re.TiReD
08-06-2008, 02:17 PM
No they dont, they say they do but they dont. Charities a business and the boss wants a nice chunky cut out of all those monies!!!!!!!!!
Tum Tum Tumm...*dramatic sound effect*

I aint gonna take that, check out the Ummah Welfare Trust...

qassy!
08-06-2008, 02:27 PM
You put to much trust into these charties, no one does nothing for free in this world.

Re.TiReD
08-06-2008, 02:30 PM
You put to much trust into these charties, no one does nothing for free in this world.
So you wouldnt give charity just because you dont trust the organisation? All the workers are volunteers, nobody takes a wage, its all fisabeelillah

qassy!
08-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Yeah but the manging director of the organization is taking something out of it!

Re.TiReD
08-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Our Commitments
By the grace of Almighty Allah, UWT is committed, to ensure that every penny donated reaches its intended destination. Not a single penny is deducted for administration or fundraising costs. However, like any other organisation, administration costs are inevitable.

Administration Costs Are Covered By:
Donations specified for administration costs
Income generated from recycled clothes.
Profits received from The Ummah Shops.
Tax Reclaim on gift aid donations.
http://www.uwt.org/AboutUs.asp

Ok akhee, thats your take on things, I aint bothered

qassy!
08-06-2008, 02:35 PM
^^ didnt ask you to be botherd.

Al-Zaara
08-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Yeah but the manging director of the organization is taking something out of it!
But gosh, YOU are taking the most out of it, blessings, rewards, hello. :rollseyes

You're gonna say that to Allah if asked about giving to charity? It's the intention that counts the most. Allah sees it all, if they would do that, astagfirullah, you have no idea how great their punishment could be.

But if you don't like it still, do travel to the poor and needed places and hand them the money personally. Maybe that's even better.

Re.TiReD
08-06-2008, 02:39 PM
^^ didnt ask you to be botherd.
Yup I know....but I was since giving charity is important, I just find it strange that a person wouldnt give charity just because they cant seem to trust the organisation.

Abu Hurairah (RA) narrated that the Prophet (SAW) said, “Every day two angels come down from Heaven and one of them says, 'O Allah! Compensate every person who spends in Your cause’, and the other (angel) says, 'O Allah! Destroy every miser.’” (Bukhari)

"For Muslim men and women, for believing men and women for devout men and women for true men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women who give in charity, for men and women who fast, for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in Allah’s remembrance for them has Allah prepared forgiveness and great reward." (Qur’an, 33:35)

“Those who (in charity) spend of their goods by night and by day, in secret and in public have their reward with their Rabb (only God and Sustainer). On them shall be no fear nor shall they grieve.” (Qur'an, 2:274)

http://www.uwt.org/Sadaqah.asp

FatimaAsSideqah
08-06-2008, 02:43 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

The Qur'an states: 'And be steadfast in your prayer and pay charity; whatever good you send forth for your future, you shall find it with Allah, for Allah is well aware of what you do' (2:110). Charity is central to a Muslim's life.

Re.TiReD
08-07-2008, 05:31 PM
:salamext:

OK it seems as though this is as good as its gonna get.

Islamic Relief it is then huh

Na7lah
08-07-2008, 05:40 PM
my family does islamic relief :D

i havent even heard of some of the ones on the list :X

Re.TiReD
08-07-2008, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421
my family does islamic relief :D

i havent even heard of some of the ones on the list :X
Lol I wanted as many options as possible but those are the only charities that came to mind :p looks like Islamic Relief is most popular masha'Allah

Na7lah
08-07-2008, 05:43 PM
^i guess so but mashallah they do a really great job

they came to our masjid last month and made a short lecture then made a fundraising mashallah

Re.TiReD
08-07-2008, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421
^i guess so but mashallah they do a really great job

they came to our masjid last month and made a short lecture then made a fundraising mashallah
Kool masha'Allah I guess Interpal isnt as popular since they are there to support Palestine only...Although the poll results came as a surprise for some reason. Lol

S_87
08-07-2008, 07:33 PM
:Sl:

UWT. Plus there shop is quite good

Soulja Girl
08-07-2008, 07:33 PM
:sl:

Islamic relief... :D

Re.TiReD
08-08-2008, 11:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
:sl:

UWT. Plus there shop is quite good

Yup tiz kool masha'Allah, lol the LI banner is supporting them also, I just noticed!

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/134269602-ff.html

WassalamuAlaykum

S_87
08-08-2008, 06:30 PM
amani cant see no banner :cry:

Re.TiReD
08-08-2008, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
amani cant see no banner :cry:
Aww amani is a fat fish coz I see it as we speak :p its dark colours :p

Re.TiReD
08-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Media Tags are no longer supported

There you are sis :D

Re.TiReD
12-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Bump!

Güven
12-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Islamic Relief!

Eric H
12-03-2008, 11:19 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Amatul Wadud; some different ones for you.

We support a young girl and her family in Uganda through "World Vision" she writes to us three or four times a year, and her letters often reduce me to tears. The world seems so unfair.

Through our church we support a school in the slums of Kware in Kenya, again we hear stories from people who go over there and do voluntary work. The school was built mainly from wood and corrugated iron and holds three hundred children. When the school opened over five thousand children turned up for a place, they had to turn most of them away, so tragic.

I collect money for Christian Aid, and I like them because they distribute the aid to communities and not just to Christians. They have also been working alongside Muslim charities.

You can also support people in the third world when you buy “Fair Trade” branded products in the UK. They can be a few pence more but they give the growers a fair price for their produce. They do coffee, tea, sugar, bananas, oranges, chocolate and other products.

It is probably fair to say that around 10% of money donated to charities goes in expenses, that still leaves 90% going where it should go. Most charities use volunteers and they are wonderful people.

In the UK, if you donate over £2 to a charity you can ask for it to be gift aided. For every pound you donate the government will add another 25%. So if you donate £10, then £12.50 will be given in total to the charity, you must be a tax payer to qualify.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people

Eric

Re.TiReD
12-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Amatul Wadud; some different ones for you.
Hi Eric, Wow thank you!

We support a young girl and her family in Uganda through "World Vision" she writes to us three or four times a year, and her letters often reduce me to tears. The world seems so unfair.
The world does seem very unfair at times. That's sweet at her writing to you, it must feel great to know that your donations are really helping. Our sponsorship for 5 Palestinian Orphans just finished...would have been great to hear from them over the year.

It is probably fair to say that around 10% of money donated to charities goes in expenses, that still leaves 90% going where it should go. Most charities use volunteers and they are wonderful people.
There is one charity, the Ummah Welfare Trust, it's safe to say that 100% of the donations are sent off....nothing at all goes to the administration etc

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.