/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lactation

Faye
07-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Does a woman lactate after giving birth to a dead baby? How about after a planned abortion? (I need the answer for a Fiqh matter)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
07-14-2008, 07:56 PM
AssalamuAlaykum.

I'd say no. But thats a guess. I think you should try researching into that yourself insha'Allah. Actually it may just be possible. Actually I think you should post more and get access to the sisters room.

Actually...Actually. Erm yeah actually.

WassalamuAlaykum

Zarmina
07-24-2008, 05:46 AM
I would say no, because after birth, it's the baby's suckling that triggers the milk to come out.

MaiCarInMtl
07-29-2008, 02:42 PM
A friend of mine is due in a week and I had the misfortune of taking a tour of the maternity ward with her (it wasn't a tour so much as a 3-hour sit-in with the nurse basically guilting everyone into breastfeeding). So here's to hoping I can help answer your questions.

format_quote Originally Posted by Faye
Does a woman lactate after giving birth to a dead baby?
Women start producing milk (or something like milk) a few months before giving birth (I've heard some women complaining about "leaking" up to 3 months before their due date). The baby's suckling only increases the amount of milk production (the well doesn't start out dry).

format_quote Originally Posted by Faye
How about after a planned abortion? (I need the answer for a Fiqh matter)
From what I can tell, the lactation process only really kicks in in the 3rd trimester (so perhaps even half-way through the 2nd). Clinical abortions can only be done in the first trimester (that's in Canada, it may be different in other countries).

I hope this helps.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Faye
08-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Alright, new question.

I read somewhere that Hasan alBasri was breastfed by Umm ulMo2mineen Umme Salma RA. Now she had had no children by Rasool ulLah SAWS, though she had some children (adult, I think) from a previous marriage. Hasan alBasri was a Tabee, born after the death of Nabi SAWS, but obviously Ummi Salma did not remarry. So obviously she had no children at or around the time of this breastfeeding. So, how is it possible for her to have breastfed Hasan alBasri Rahima Allaho 'Alayhi?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!