/* */

PDA

View Full Version : bye for now

jmb272
07-15-2008, 07:50 PM
I've decided to take a break from religion.
I just want to enjoy my youth while i still have it, doing things what people of my age do.

bb for now.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali.
07-15-2008, 07:50 PM
What kind of stuff, bro'? :)

Re.TiReD
07-15-2008, 07:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jmb272
I just want to enjoy my youth while i still have it, doing things what people of my age do.

bb for now.
AssalamuAlaykum

SubhanAllah brother, why the sudden change of heart? Is there anything you're finding difficult? If yeah please share it with us and we'll try to help you insha'Allah.

Brother know that this life is just a test and a prison for the believers, we sacrifice 'doing things that people of our age do' just for the reward in the hereafter.

May Allah keep you guided bro. Ameen.

Sad to hear :cry:

WassalamuAlaykum

ayan333
07-15-2008, 08:04 PM

bb for now.

:sl:

wow! sad to hear bro......
remember religion doesnt came with a certain age jsu like death...jus remind yourself that ALLAH (SWA) has choosen you along with the rest of the Ummah..be grateful rather then given up,be grateful that your not a disbeliever that sadly doesnt know the truth and might never be given the oppurtunity like you've been give,.we all have or wil go through what your goin through,trust me ive have my share of troubles but in the end we will get rewarded...jus imagine living in paradise,worry free,being given everything the believing soul desires...all in all just give this a real good thought,dont do anything youll later regret
all the best to you and may ALLAh (SWA) give you peace of mind and guide us all in the right path,Insh ALLAH..Ameen

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The_Prince
07-15-2008, 08:15 PM
hmmm i am in my youth you could say and i enjoy life, and i am very into Islam, and defending Islam having my own site and even having public debates with more comming up soon.

what do people of our age do? drink, dance, sex here and there, get high etc, that could be fun, but it gets boring after a while, then what? then your no longer in your youth but your 30 and your stupid and dont know anything.

being in your youth is an advantage to get much more wisdom and knowledge and build for the future, not waste your time on having 'fun'. you can enjoy your life while having religion.

but you know at the end of the day this is what secularism has done, it has brainwashed the youth to keep us backwards, they have brainwashed us young people into thinking its not 'cool' to be smart and having religion etc, rather when were young we should be out with the pals getting high and catching some 'chicks' and whatever else. thankfully i dont follow that script. :) so either way, you can have religion in your youth while having alot of fun, such as myself, i combine the 2 and i get the benefit of becomming smarter and by 23-25 ill be respected and have 40 year olds comming up to me for Q's and so on. :)

Cabdullahi
07-15-2008, 08:27 PM
For me the whole scenario was a bit unreal from being so enthusiastic and hungry for knowledge to just saying i want to take a break from religion and do youthfull things??!? but im a human being and what i say could be so wrong ...allah knows best

chacha_jalebi
07-15-2008, 08:28 PM
woh blud

subhanallah, im young and im seriously tellin you, that i have bare fun :D and islaam is mixed in with the fun, like islaam brings you more inner peace, like whatevaa you do, like world cup final, your adrelanine on cloud 9, but you still have inner peace and thats all thanks to islaam,

also by meanin break, you are implyin that you wana get away from somethin within islaam, what is it? talk, ask questions, research, dont just run away somethin, if you had a problem with a friend you would do all these stuff, then when its with islaam why not do the same, islaam is our friend :D lol, and if we are good, then we can even be one of those loved by Allah (Swt) and thats just heaaavy :D

also remember this, islaam dont need us, we are in need of it, if we abandon Allah (swt), he may abadon us, but he says if we go 1 hand towards him, he comes one arms length closer to us, if we go to him walkin, he comes to us runnin,

and what happens if you walk out your door tom and get shot :D, so much for tryna enjoy your youth!

Abdul Fattah
07-15-2008, 08:44 PM
Selam aleykum
No offense brother, but what strikes me odd is that you would advertise such a sudden change of heart over hear. Almost as if you want to see us try and change your mind. =)

Well if that is indeed the case, I can only hope that you want us to try so we could succeed, rather then wanting us to try so that we would fail.

Souljette
07-16-2008, 09:40 AM

Bro, as I recall your 18 ..your not young anymore ..you don't have to be young to enjoy your youth and you don't have to disregard religion to enjoy your youth..Mashallah you seemed like a brother who wanted to learn, craving for knowledge just like anyone on this forum is..You wanted to become muslim for so long and now you are Alhamdulillah ...why then do you want to move away..We all have our ups and downs but through it all we know that no one else but Allah(S.W.T) can help you and get you through what you have to ...I knew a guy who was 'enjoying his youth' , 16 year old kid, muslim and next thing you know he got shot up and now hez dead..I pray that Allah (S.W.T) forgives him..Ameen...but bro what do you consider enjoying your youth? I know it is hard for you as a new muslim to quit the things you love as this is wrong to do..THere is a reason why you need to stop it ..affects your body or your mind or anything else in some way...Islam is a way of life not part of life..that we can pick it up like a winter coat whenever we need it...I rather be in peace and happiness in the next world then here in this life where all i get is sadness except when I'm doing halal things ...Brother if you feel that your being pressured into doing things all at once..you don't have to...It's all step by step..Allah knows your intentions

May Allah(S.W.T) help you every step of the way Ameen

------
07-16-2008, 10:10 AM
may i ask how old u are?

Cabdullahi
07-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Your first post brother why are you playing around with us you clearly said christianity confused you,what happened!!

I was a Christian but Christianity just really confused me, eventually i became the same old sinner me but then i started watching videos about Islam on YouTube and from what i've heard Islam is the perfect religion.

Eeman
07-20-2008, 11:24 PM

bb for now.
salam alaikum...
brother i'd like to ask u a question

what quarantee can you or any soul walking on the face of this planet give anyone if they will be alive tomorrow? is it only the old and frail that die?

and what form of enjoyment is it that people in their youths do out of ignorance? going out, dating, drinking, going to clubs, commiting fornification etc. how can anyone call that enjoyment???????

God forbid but just imagine, during this break of yours you think you have plenty of time, oh well Allah swt says He is the merciful of the merciful and i am still young so let me go and get into a few relationships date girls here and there get up to thigs like people in their youth do, let me be more concerned about getting drunk and going to clubs and neglecting all of God's commandments cos i believe in God and i know He is the merciful and after i have got it all out of my system and im a bit older then i will just turn to Him again and when i have white hairs i'll pray 5 times a day and then go hajj and there you go the doors of jannah will be welcoming me...
what if Allah swt has decreed for your time to be up tomorrow or even next week whilst your on this break of yours? what then did they ever cross your mind when you were considering or decided to take a break?

how can anyone take a break from the Almighty Lord, who is the All knower, all seer, the all hearer. do not ever mke the mistake of forgetting that Allah swt is ALWAYS watching and each and every action, word thought gets recorded. why decide to walk the path to eternal ****ation?

why do some people act our or make out the religion as in islam is such a struggle when it is the most beautiful thing!

Wallah just reading this thread angered me a little, i am sitting here going through depression thinking my imaan is weak and doing anything and everything to try and make it strong again then you have people like you who want to take a break to enjoy life and commit sin lol!
Astaghfirullah i am 22 myself i would say i am pretty young too the only salvation i have got in life the only true meaning i have got and the only peace i have had is through God through worshipping Him through turning to Him and striving hard as best as i can to abide His laws and commands.

I know that the straight path is a much harder than the path to eternal doom, everyday we are engaged in our own personal jihad against the accursed shaytaan... let him not defeat you, you have to win the battle, tell me brother is this enjoyment of your youth in this temporary world worth Allah swt's wrath? is it really worth you losing jannah as your eternal abode and ending up in the fire of hell (God forbid)

Take heed dont be fooled by the desires of shaytaan turn to Allah and ask for forgiveness and protection from shaytaan's evil whispers and from their presence around you, safeguard yourself with salah, with dhikr and with dua.

those short worldy enjoyments are not worth it believe you me, those girls would not be no where near worth it, that few drinks and feeling of intoxication is no where near worth it, that night out dancing away to blasphemous music is nowhere near worth it, the all never last they all pass, but jannah is everlasting. how can someone give up that eternal paradise for 2 mins of fun? how is that even fun or enjoyment thats what i fail to understand it is nothing but ways of the shaytaan distracting you and guiding u to his evil path where u are harming no one, but YOURSELF!

No soul bares the burden of another souls sins, we get accounted for what our own hands have earned, so to be quite honest with you it wouldnt even matter to us what you do, but you are a member of our ummah and at times we need reminders from other people to realise. I pray for you brothe i pray that Insha'Allah Allah swt guides you and protects you from the evil whispers of shaytaan and helps you through this.

ma salama

qassy!
07-21-2008, 01:42 AM

bb for now.

bruvvvv........i i used to think and be the same enjoy life go out partying, girls, make easy money and easy life.

But marshallah my thinking has changed (and still making changes in my life, not saying i stopped everything)

im 18 myself and i know what you mean by

doing things what people of my age do.
bruv its an easy life but you shouldnt man you shouldnt, once you go back to that life its going to be very hard to change in life.

EDIT:

Dont think like this

"Ok....im 18 ill do girls, partys, money now and when im 20 ill become a proper muslim" - i used to think the same but bruv its not right!!

Once you start going out 24-7, girls, hustle people it becomes an addiction and you wont be able to stop.

its so tempting i know what you mean.......really.....really....really tempting, even just thinking about it now i feal like doing somthing

but change bruv, dont live that life anymore and inshallah allah will reward us one day :)

qassy!
07-21-2008, 01:44 AM

bb for now.

bruvvvv........i thought the same, enjoy life go out partying, chatting to girls, make easy money and easy life.

But marshallah my thinking has changed (and making changes in my life)

im 18 myself and i know what you mean by

doing things what people of my age do.
bruv its an easy life but you shouldnt man you shouldnt, once you go back to that life its going to be very hard to change in life.

Amat Allah
07-21-2008, 05:51 AM
may Allah guide you....

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeen

IbnAbdulHakim
07-21-2008, 08:20 AM
you must be a robot if you think you can control your heart that well

ie be non-religious and then religious when you feel like it

it takes training and commitment, in a few months you might just completely lose yourself...a nd forget God for life....

qassy!
07-21-2008, 11:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
you must be a robot if you think you can control your heart that well

ie be non-religious and then religious when you feel like it

it takes training and commitment, in a few months you might just completely lose yourself...a nd forget God for life....
Bruv im not talking for the OP, but im going to take a guess as I am in the same position.

When I went to school / etc etc etc etc there is hardly any practising Muslims (in fact in my college i doubt there's any I know, atually in all my freinds I dont know any :-[) -BUT they where plenty of muslims.

As they not that many practicing Muslims, when you go with your friends there will be a mixture of gender. You'll go out clubbing, you would have girls, money etc etc and think to yourself this is the best life and how can you be a practising Muslim, because all your freinds are doing bad stuff.

THat how i thought, im gonna try, try, and try to change but i doubt i;ll change, I think the OP feals the same.

Im not going to lie I still do haram things as listed above but i cant change overnight, you need to slowly start to phase things out of your life.

Some with the OP.....lets just say you took drugs, reduce the amount you take bla bla, then slowly stop its the same with anything else init?

IbnAbdulHakim
07-21-2008, 12:11 PM
^ yeah i get you

a bad company makes everything harder

....your in london right?

theres more to life then school and college

even if there are no good muslims in your college (whcih i doubt, sry bruv) im sure there are some on your area/your local mosques etc

this is london, tons of decent bro's around

bro its a degrading and wasteful life... that of a youthful pimp....

------
07-21-2008, 12:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
Bruv im not talking for the OP, but im going to take a guess as I am in the same position.

When I went to school / etc etc etc etc there is hardly any practising Muslims (in fact in my college i doubt there's any I know, atually in all my freinds I dont know any :-[) -BUT they where plenty of muslims.

As they not that many practicing Muslims, when you go with your friends there will be a mixture of gender. You'll go out clubbing, you would have girls, money etc etc and think to yourself this is the best life and how can you be a practising Muslim, because all your freinds are doing bad stuff.

THat how i thought, im gonna try, try, and try to change but i doubt i;ll change, I think the OP feals the same.

Im not going to lie I still do haram things as listed above but i cant change overnight, you need to slowly start to phase things out of your life.

Some with the OP.....lets just say you took drugs, reduce the amount you take bla bla, then slowly stop its the same with anything else init?
:salamext:

Get together with pious bros in London, maybe meet up from some from this forum.

qassy!
07-21-2008, 12:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -
:salamext:

Get together with pious bros in London, maybe meet up from some from this forum.
im....sorry but im not meeting somone over the internet :)

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ yeah i get you

a bad company makes everything harder

....your in london right?

theres more to life then school and college

even if there are no good muslims in your college (whcih i doubt, sry bruv) im sure there are some on your area/your local mosques etc

this is london, tons of decent bro's around

bro its a degrading and wasteful life... that of a youthful pimp....

bruv im my local area we got people who go to the mosuque as soon as they come out there worse then me!!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-21-2008, 12:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
im....sorry but im not meeting somone over the internet :)

bruv im my local area we got people who go to the mosuque as soon as they come out there worse then me!!
lol that dont matter

scope out the good ones, they exist, i met em ! i befriended em

they out there, so leavin the bad ones might be a start.... i had to do it myself in college

n there were times they use to call up n ask me to go places n stuff i jus use to say that i gotta pray n slowly left it. u gotta do it bro, if u wanna be a good muslim n get to jannah coz i kno u dont wanna go to jahannam, no one wants to go hell

and hell exists, dont think its nothing, bein a bad boy shud scare the....... outta ya!

Riyadh-ul-Jannah
07-21-2008, 12:27 PM
Okay, I just want to ask, how long are you going to do this for?
And how are you going to 'Take a break from religion'?
Are you just going to forget that theres a thing called 'Religion', and do what you want?
Well anyway, may Allah guide you.
Good Luck

chacha_jalebi
07-21-2008, 01:10 PM
:threadclo

the mans made his decision

lets all worry bout ourself and eat 2p pinky bubbly sweets :embarrass

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!