/* */

PDA

View Full Version : hey everyone

highlander
07-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Hello all, I have been reading the boards for quite sometime, I just didn't know wether I should register or not...but in the end...here I am.

I am an agnostic since I know myself thinking in this world...maybe by education but most probably by own choice too.

I am in a relation with a muslim person and I decided I should learn more about his religion inorder to respect it and understand it properly. (Now don't you guys start, I have had alot of people trying to convert me)

One good thing the "trying " did though, is that it taught me patience, understanding and respect twards other religions, with all that it implies- belief, customs, society, culture, etc.

Having said all that, hope to find few more answers in here. The board's been quite helpful for me for the last year therefore many thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
07-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Greetings,

Welcome to the forums. :)

Hope you enjoy your stay here, if you have any questions please just ask!

:peace:

Nájlá
07-15-2008, 09:57 PM
welcome to the forum

highlander
07-15-2008, 10:07 PM
Thank you for your welcoming...sister, I was just reading some of your posts...the ones with kittens. I'd better say i was viewing since most of them are pictures.

All best to all and again thank you for your greetings.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nájlá
07-15-2008, 10:08 PM
ur welcome
did u like me kittens??

highlander
07-15-2008, 10:14 PM
just crazy about'em...great great!

keep it up.

Woodrow
07-15-2008, 10:52 PM
Greetings and welcome to the forum. You will find that most of the members do not bite. Enjoy yourself and when you get a chance read the forum rules in the FAQ section.

Na7lah
07-15-2008, 10:55 PM
Welcome to the LI family :D
stay active inshallah :)

highlander
07-16-2008, 09:15 AM
to the admin...always read the rules :P
Quite sure no one bites here, we're all nice civilised people.

thanks again, guys.

Uthman
07-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Welcome highlander. :)

Brother_Mujahid
07-18-2008, 09:48 PM
welcome dude. where are you from, if you don't mind me asking.

cool name too

Fishman
07-18-2008, 10:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by highlander
to the admin...always read the rules :P
Quite sure no one bites here, we're all nice civilised people.

thanks again, guys.
:sl:
Don't worry, the mods aren't evil and strict...

Well, most of the time! :D
:w:

highlander
07-19-2008, 07:11 PM
brother mujahid...im no "dude" silly. I like the name too...ha ha it is funny, the sweet english language... you never know whether it is a guy or a girl.

btw nice forum. congrats guys!

Uthman
07-19-2008, 07:33 PM
If I may ask highlander, have you always been an agnostic? :)

Brother_Mujahid
07-19-2008, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by highlander
brother mujahid...im no "dude" silly. I like the name too
hey guy what you tryna say.... your a duddette :muddlehea

highlander
07-19-2008, 07:59 PM
I guess you can put it that way too...so yeah Im a dudette.

To Osman...I think so yes, I've always been agnostic.

When I was child my parents and grandparents sometimes asked us to pray before bedtime but neither of us kids ended up really believing religion can help or guide us in life... Instead I think I ended up hating those priests who ask for charity and taxes so that their bellies grow bigger. ( That of course does not imply all priests/clerics go with this description).

------
07-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Peace

Welcome to the forums.

Please have an enjoyable and educational stay here.

And ask any question you may have InshaaAllaah (God Willing).

- Serene -

Woodrow
07-19-2008, 08:22 PM
I am certain many agnostics are so for the very reasons you just mentioned.

Hopefuly you will always view all things with an open mind and always make your choices based upon what you sincerly find to be the truth. Never, stop studying or seeking knowledge while you inhabit this world and seek verification of all things you are taught.

highlander
07-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Hi, Serene, I read quite few of your posts...I was saying to myself: "you'll see now Serene will say this thread is free mixing :P"

Just kidding. I like the forum because in my situation I need to learn alot- especially to understnad my MIL :mad: and my hubby's customs and traditions. It's been quite some years now since we are together and I addopted his ways of life- cooking, dressing- btw i find all asian and south asian way of dressing absolutely enchanting- anyway so i was saying I have some knowledge about few things.

Ah I read the Holy Book of Islam of course, I listen to preachers and all that. It is really surprising sometimes, and sometimes it also sounds strange but I try to understand it and i google stuff alot.

Long story short, the forum is educative and entertaining same time.

highlander
07-19-2008, 08:41 PM
MIL= mother in law

highlander
07-19-2008, 09:14 PM
to Woodrow- As any woman, Ill hear what is pleasent to my ears and ignore the rest :P...so I should assume- atleast on the shallow that I am a logic and open minded person who bases any opinion on thorrow research and reasons?

I shall take your last post as a precious advice actually. We really cannot afford to have biased and/or wrongly formed oppinions before researching and trying to find what is really righteous and true.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!