/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am a really confused young muslim... Need help with islam

randome3889
07-16-2008, 04:36 PM
I've recently gone to college and become very distanced from my religion.
I still haven't committed any sinful acts or anything like that, but overall my belief has just gone down, mostly due the fact that I have learned so much more about Islam and it's history ... as well as philosophy. I still believe in a god and a universal morality... but I am not sure if I can trust everything that is written in the Quran -- especially some of the rules it puts forth. For instance it allows marriage to girls age 9 (the prophet even did this) -- to me this is just utterly abhorrent -- this fact makes me distrust everything else in Quran as well.

Also how about this article dealing slavery in islam? Can anyone respond to it?

[link removed]

It always seems to me everyone is making excuses for these bad things mentioned in the Quran -- trying to "reinterpret" them or say that this was still "better than the other things happening at the time" ... but I've found that this just isn't that true...

:cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
07-21-2008, 11:35 PM
Thread Approved.

P.S. I removed the link as we avoid anti-Islamic links, and one of the things I am sure people will advise you is staying away from such sites as they are written by those who hate Islam. Concentrate on the basics first. As for a refutation, see:

http://www.load-islam.com/classified...assified_id=14

There may also be some discussions on this topic on the forum.

aminahjaan
07-21-2008, 11:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by randome3889
I've recently gone to college and become very distanced from my religion.
I still haven't committed any sinful acts or anything like that, but overall my belief has just gone down, mostly due the fact that I have learned so much more about Islam and it's history ... as well as philosophy. I still believe in a god and a universal morality... but I am not sure if I can trust everything that is written in the Quran -- especially some of the rules it puts forth. For instance it allows marriage to girls age 9 (the prophet even did this) -- to me this is just utterly abhorrent -- this fact makes me distrust everything else in Quran as well.

Also how about this article dealing slavery in islam? Can anyone respond to it?

[link removed]

It always seems to me everyone is making excuses for these bad things mentioned in the Quran -- trying to "reinterpret" them or say that this was still "better than the other things happening at the time" ... but I've found that this just isn't that true...

:cry:
:sl:

Well, I do have an answer to the Prophet (PBUH) marrying a Nine year old. As far as I'm concerned he married her at a young age, not exactly nine. She stayed with her parents untill she was old enough to live on her own. So technically he wasn't fully with her untill she was old enough. She could have been 13 or 12. But back then girls got married very young. Younger than nine possibly. I suggest you listen to Dr.Zakir Naik's lectures on these topics because he gives accurate and sensible answers. It seems as though you are drawing your own conclusions with no information to back it up. I strongly suggest you listen to lectures because they answer your questions.

So click here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ols0czWNdL4

Brother_Mujahid
07-22-2008, 12:10 AM
just a little more information

Prophets Marriage to Aisha

hope this helps

wasalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aminahjaan
07-22-2008, 12:47 AM
^^ That's a helpful link as well

By the way bro, what's Marriage thread haters? haha

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.