/* */

PDA

View Full Version : touchng the quran and lying

AnonymousPoster
07-16-2008, 08:55 PM
a eidn of mine has asked me to ask for some advice for her. her husbangot her t touch the quran and swer on it for soething in her past.she touched it but hadto lie as if she told t truth it would affec theri marriage. whaever had happend in her past she ha canged from it but shestill had to lie. now she is rlly scared ad doesnt know what to do

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Faye
07-19-2008, 04:06 PM
To the best of my knowledge (which is not at all perfect), this is not the type of swear you have to give a kaffarah for breaking, and touching the Quran or not touching it does not make a difference in swearing...and lying to save a marriage is all right.

Why don't you ask for a fatwa for her at one of the Islaamic Fiqh QA sites (a reputable one) like Daruliftaa.com, ************** or islamqa.com. Then you can be sure.

Ali.
07-19-2008, 04:15 PM
I'm not sure if you can actually swear by the Qur'an, but if she swore by Allah then the best thing to do is to repent.

Then Adam received from his Lord Words, And his Lord pardoned him (accepted his repentance). Verily, He is the One Who forgives (accepts repentance), the Most Merciful.
{2:37}

...Truly, Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
{2:173}

Re.TiReD
07-19-2008, 04:58 PM
:salamext:

Not too sure about your dilemma but:

God will not call you to account for oaths which you may have uttered without thought, but will take you to task for the intention in your hearts. And He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Qur'aan: 2:225)

:wasalamex

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
suffiyan007
07-19-2008, 05:09 PM
oh...touching Quran can effected the marriage..?1st time i heard on...someone touch the book of God and swear not not touching,...! if i am her, i better divorce and touch the Quran...read it and then ready to sErve God...with all my heart!:D

chacha_jalebi
07-19-2008, 05:11 PM
isnt their a hadiths which says swear by Allah and nothin else?

go and google it someone

also lyin is bad anyway, but swearin not to lie and then lyin is baad!

also the Quraan was revealed to be read and get hikmah from, not to be taken as a oath thingy :mmokay:

Faye
07-20-2008, 12:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
isnt their a hadiths which says swear by Allah and nothin else?

go and google it someone

also lyin is bad anyway, but swearin not to lie and then lyin is baad!

also the Quraan was revealed to be read and get hikmah from, not to be taken as a oath thingy :mmokay:
In Madrassa we studied that an oath could not be by anything other than Allah, but simply saying I swear was binding. But I am not sure if this refers to only the second type of swearing, or all of them.

But we also studied, that there are 3 types of oaths:
1. You swear to something that happened in the past and while swearing, think that what you are swearing is true. (even if it isn't). There is no sin or kuffarah for this.
2. You swear to do something in the future, like I swear I'll kill my parrot. Breaking this, (if you don't kill your parrot) means you must give kuffarah.
3. You swear to something that happened in the past, and know during the swearing that you are lying. This type of swearing is sinning, but there is no kuffarah except Tawbah and Istighfar.
This info taken from the Hanafi book of Fiqh, Qudoori.

The reason I think a mufti should be asked is because:
a, I am not sure if it counts as swearing if you swear by the Quran.
b, Like I said, lying to save a marriage is allowed (I think). So is swearing to save a marriage also allowed?

truemuslim
07-20-2008, 03:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
go and google it someone
ur so lazy. now i get the thanks :D

Narrated AbuHurayrah: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Do not swear by your fathers, or by your mothers, or by rivals to Allah; and swear by Allah only, and swear by Allah only when you are speaking the truth.

Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar: Sa'id ibn Ubaydah said: Ibn Umar heard a man swearing: No, I swear by the Ka'bah. Ibn Umar said to him: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: He who swears by anyone but Allah is polytheist.

look at these next two...brings up ur hope dont it? :p hehe :Evil:

Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: One should not take a false oath at this pulpit of mine even on a green tooth-stick; otherwise he will make his abode in Hell, or Hell will be certain for him.

Narrated Imran ibn Husayn: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone swears a false oath in confinement, he should make his seat in Hell on account of his (act).

Oh well, at least she didnt swear by allah. so i doubt u friend got a hell seat waiting. Inshallah you friend be fine sis.
:D

PeaceSeeker
07-20-2008, 03:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Suffiyan007
if i am her, i better divorce D
Getting divorced is certainly not a play thing. That u want and get divorced.
Its usual for human to make mistake and Allah had told us clearly what to do about it.
For example if u love your life partner very much and a mistake had happened for which the relationship would come to end its always better to cover up the mistake if its possible.Getting divorce is allowed but mostly discouraged. Divorce is a serious and sensitive issue and we should not make comments on it so easily.
The issue of touching Quran and swearing is certainly a bad practice. if we have to swear then we can only swear by Allah.

Faye
07-21-2008, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Laila100
The issue of touching Quran and swearing is certainly a bad practice. if we have to swear then we can only swear by Allah.

Don't you think this would be a form of Tawriyyah (confusing the truth in a case where you are forced to lie/swear, and not outright lying)?. I mean, sort of like swearing on your deadmother's grave, while
your mother happens to be very alive?

------
07-21-2008, 04:53 PM
:salamext:

Please don't say Islam says 'x' without daleel.

Jazaak Allaah Khayr.

truemuslim
07-21-2008, 08:07 PM
^ thats what those hadiths are for :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.