/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

jafarTHEFRIEND
07-17-2008, 04:52 AM
I am a knowledgable muslim convert and by the grace of allah have been opened up to different spirtual situations that have bred me into a mumin insha allah but from my life before islam i find myself on the constant barrage of the shaytans whisper find myself backsliding what can u do when everything you were taught in life was alie and you come to the truth but at times the truth is to hard to apply when you have lived a certain way your whole life?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
07-17-2008, 05:01 AM
:sl:

Being a revert myself I can identify with your problem. It is difficult. However, you wil find as time pases, even that trial will lessen and become just a memory.

For myself I found that trying to drift into an Islamic Life style, soon made the path of Islam more normal that what my past was.

A few good uslim friends will help make this time of transition easier.

------
07-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Peace be upon you bro,

It is hard...even for born Muslims, when they find out that certain things they have a habit of doing is a sin. You just gotta keep strong, ask Allaah for help and to keep you going I guess.

If you get into old ways and sin, repent. If you get into it again, repent. Again and Again.

Look at the Mercy of Allaah...

Hadith Qudsi 33:
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (PBUH), from among the things he reports from his Lord (mighty and sublime be He), is that he said:

A servant [of Allah's] committed a sin and said: O Allah, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for sins. Do what you wish, for I have forgiven you.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari).
Make dua for me bro,

Asaslamu Alaikum

Mukafi7
07-18-2008, 04:38 PM
:sl:

I agree with all the postings. All I can say is that the harder it is, the better rewards you will get if you succeed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!