/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help please

AnonymousPoster
07-17-2008, 10:20 AM
When I get angry and frustrated, I end up saying bad things and cursing and swearing under my breath, is there anything I could recite when I feel like this to stop me from doing this as I know it is truly wrong.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-17-2008, 10:49 PM
aslaamalaikum

Perhaps you should try to control your anger and use prevention rather then cure, I w ould recommend listening to a talk by Ahmed ali called power of the tongue.

You can also always say Authobillah or Astagfir'Allah after you said something you regret.

Mukafi7
07-18-2008, 04:29 PM
:sl:

Often times people says these things becasue they are unhappy, angry, and they feel short changed. So to feel better about it and to feel that they are in control of the situation, they also say these things. However, keep in mind that strength and control is actually being able to hold back and not say these things even under your breath.

chacha_jalebi
07-18-2008, 04:34 PM
control the anger! if you cant sit down, or lay down, drink water,

but seriously control the anger sister, the tongue is one of the parts of our body we gota check up on most, as the hadiths say a slip of the tongue can determine whether you go heaven or east london i mean hell :p:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
07-18-2008, 04:38 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Oh myy...I got the same prob :embarrass cept I dont curse under my breath, I do it out loud :D lol only kiddin I dont :embarrass

Lol but basically you need to think about how and when you feel angry and what causes you to get angry, then think about it rationally and most often than not you'll see that you have no reason to be angry at all. Just smile :D

And remember the hadeeth, the strong one is he who can control his anger...or summin like that. Anger is from the shaytaan so take control and give him a back-hander sister/brother!

WassalamuAlaykum

Faye
07-19-2008, 03:56 PM
This was something we used to do as kids, because our mother objected to us using 'hell' in our daily language. I'm not sure if its good.

Instead of saying, 'go to hell', we'd say 'go to heaven'.

But the tone of voice we said it in....

------
07-19-2008, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
When I get angry and frustrated, I end up saying bad things and cursing and swearing under my breath, is there anything I could recite when I feel like this to stop me from doing this as I know it is truly wrong.
:salamext:

Perform Ablution/Wudu.

Tania
07-19-2008, 10:09 PM
I read it somewhere for our brain nerves its much better if you don't hold back the anger and have a quick - let it go - like shout, and so on. Holding back the whole anger, will kill the brain cells. :-[ When you are angry try to move to an empty space and talk there.

Patience7
07-20-2008, 02:33 AM
pray Lahaula walakuw-wata illah billah repeatedly
inshallah it will help u control yourself

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!