/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salam!

Ishbah
07-17-2008, 10:42 PM
:sl:

I am Ishbah.

I am a revert to Islam of more than four years now. I am married to a wonderful brother who is also a revert. His name is Yusuf. We live in the north of England and have 2 children.

My husband is a bit of a technophobe (though he is fabulous at DIY!) so I have joined here in the hope that we can 'meet' others.

:w:

Ishbah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Na7lah
07-17-2008, 10:48 PM
Welcome sis :)

Re.TiReD
07-17-2008, 10:50 PM
:salamext:

Welcome sisturr :D

Masha'Allah u have a pretty name, whats it mean? :D

:wasalamex

Ishbah
07-17-2008, 11:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
:salamext:

Welcome sisturr :D

Masha'Allah u have a pretty name, whats it mean? :D

:wasalamex

I chose the name 'Ishbah' because it was the Arabic version of my mother's name. My mother was called Elizabeth, and Ishbah, the Arabic version (with or without the 'H' depending on where and what you read), was the wife of Zakariya (pbuh), and the mother of Yahya (pbuh). It also means 'peace'.

My mother died before I reverted to Islam. I wish she had known that I had found the truth. She was a wonderful woman and I have no doubt in my mind that she would have reverted too had she lived long enough. She worked long and hard for the benefit of others and did her best to give myself and my brother every chance she could despite having so little money and means herself.

Ishbah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ishbah
07-17-2008, 11:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421
Welcome sis :)

Thanks!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.