Soulja Girl
07-18-2008, 05:30 PM
:sl:

Words can't describe the feeling!

:w:

Uthman
07-18-2008, 05:32 PM

I think happiness is something that is personal to each individual. What makes one person happy will not necessarily make another person happy and so I think if one were to attempt a universal definition of happiness, it would be a futile exercise.

I don't even know what makes me happy. You've got me thinking now!

Re.TiReD
07-18-2008, 05:33 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Happiness lies in contenment, it lies in the happiness of your loved ones and the ones you care about. Happiness lies in the happiness of your creator... you are then rewarded for pleasing your creator by being blessed in this dunya; which then brings about further happiness.

Happiness is seeing somebody you love smile, or thank you or show you they appreciate you. Happiness lies in the happiness of the heart, mind and soul.

WassalamuAlaykum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
07-18-2008, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

format_quote Originally Posted by Osman

I think happiness is something that is personal to each individual.

You can do it in more than one sentence since I broke my own rule :embarrass

chacha_jalebi
07-18-2008, 05:45 PM
happyness is hard to define eeee :D can i write a essay :embarrass

for me happyness comes from the inside then it shows on the outside, like you need to feel that umph feelin, like when you do a good deed, you get that feelin Allah (swt) is happy with you, that happyness is nex level :D

normal level, when im haapy its smiles, and fun, like if im happy i feel like everyone around me has to be happy, so happyness involves your loved ones, also when im happy i feel like the world is happy, like even if its rainin everythin jus seems happy, the flowers seem like they smile, the ugly buildins look colourful lol, jus the world seems great :D

may Allah (Swt) always give us sakinaah and tru tru happyness!

i feel many people need to be more happy, theirs no point of bein down, stuff happens move on and live your life :D

Re.TiReD
07-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Lol ameen @ that du'aa

And its really true, coz when ur depressed, things like rain etc make u feel down but wen ur hippy hoppy happy den rain and stuff seems bootiful and like the grass is green the sky is blue the birds are singin and the fish are swimmin and the whole world rocksssss :D

lol :embarrass

chacha_jalebi
07-18-2008, 05:56 PM
^ yeah but then when your depressed, even the spinnin candy floss looks like poison!!!

but seriously, we are all Allah (Swt) creations, and we should be like in sujood to him 24/7, he has told us the cure for everytin, yet we still abandon his ways and follow others and we make mistakes and he forgives us and we keep doin the same thin, and he keeps forgivin us, so we should like learn from mistakes and be happy,

like many people dwell too much about whats happens, its gone, the milk is split it cant go back in the glass!! so why worry over it

and people think about the future... it aint come, cross the bridge when you get their bredrin:D and how do you know you will be a part of the future anyway!!

and people worry over trivial thins lol, like marriage, who wans to marry me? bla bla bla, you will get married jus be patient, as they say if you eat the fruit before its ripe you will erm die:p so marriage aint a everyday thin, take your time and woo hoo

i know ivegone off topic so back on topic

happyness also for me implies babies, like you know their little samosa type hands and they are free from like any worries all in their own worlds, thats what happyness is all bout free from worries and livin the life :shade:

Re.TiReD
07-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Their samosa type hands ;D LOL ....L O L ...Lo0o0o0o0o0oL :D

snakelegs
07-18-2008, 06:05 PM
this may sound a little slurpy but it works pretty well for me (at least part time).
being content with who you are, being content with what you have, seeing some slice of natural beauty daily and feeling a deep sense of gratitude for god's innumerable gifts.

Re.TiReD
07-18-2008, 06:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
this may sound a little slurpy but it works pretty well for me (at least part time).
being content with who you are, being content with what you have, seeing some slice of natural beauty daily and feeling a deep sense of gratitude for god's innumerable gifts.
:D

Love the skin you're in :D

:embarrass

------
07-18-2008, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
AssalamuAlaykum

Define it in one sentence :D

I mean happiness, not the Hippy Hoppy part :embarrass

WassalamuAlaykum
Snap

truemuslim
07-18-2008, 06:53 PM
happiness is the cover of ur depression

:p

Re.TiReD
07-18-2008, 09:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
happiness is the cover of ur depression

:p
Not true. :D

Actually you may just have a point, in some cases that may be known as reaction formation :D but we're not in lesson so lets leave it at that :p

truemuslim
07-19-2008, 07:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
Not true. :D

Actually you may just have a point, in some cases that may be known as reaction formation :D but we're not in lesson so lets leave it at that :p

here...lets look at my dictionary, (i hate the english language so shurrup i do it MY way :p)

Happiness - something u get to cover up ur depression, sadness, death wantingness, hopeless, lifeless, anger, madness, pissedoffyness, trustlessness, OR boredom..ness. example: Im so freakin full of that crappy happiness!!

Happy - Something u say when u feel happiness , like when someone ask u how u are, u say "im happy as hell" :D then u smile the cover up smile. without breakin a tear

much better definitions than this...

Happiness - the quality or state of being happy. good fortune; pleasure; contentment; joy. :p bulllll

Happy - delighted, pleased, or glad, as over a particular thing: to be happy to see a person. characterized by or indicative of pleasure, contentment, or joy: a happy mood; a happy frame of mind.

dictionaries crack me up :p

AAAnyways, before people start jumpin at meh..peace ouuut. btw u can buy my ghetto safa dictionary for freeeee in pm's :p

Souljette
07-19-2008, 08:22 AM

Sis Truemuslim I don't want a dictionary from you..my bro already has his one lol..Well Happiness to me is the feeling you have when you see someone happy because of you, when you see someone smile, I feel that happiness is what you have to make yourself feel because no one else will really have time to do it..I mean there are times people are down but what good is it? It's not making others happy nor is it helping anyone..ALl you gotta do is chill..when you are sad..do something to help you...I feel that volunteering helps you feel happy..

When I used to help the older people ..after I was done they would always smile at me and the same with me..

Brother_Mujahid
07-19-2008, 10:43 AM
seeing is believing *i don't see anything :muddlehea, i see dead people*

happiness is a reflection of ones internal self. So a person who is happy usually smiles because it is a projection of the persons heart, soul and mind. :D

gladTidings
07-19-2008, 11:25 AM
^ I like your definition...sums it up. Happiness is also contagious and can be used to inspire those around you.

The ultimate happiness lies in pleasing the Creator.

Nájlá
07-19-2008, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid
seeing is believing *i don't see anything :muddlehea, i see dead people*

happiness is a reflection of ones internal self. So a person who is happy usually smiles because it is a projection of the persons heart, soul and mind. :D
format_quote Originally Posted by peãrl
^ I like your definition...sums it up. Happiness is also contagious and can be used to inspire those around you.

The ultimate happiness lies in pleasing the Creator.
snap

Re.TiReD
07-23-2008, 03:29 PM
:salamext:

Happiness is contentment in the heart, peace of mind, a sense of stability, joy in the heart, a righteous attitude, good behaviour and being content with what is sufficient. - A'id al Qarni

:wasalamex

IbnAbdulHakim
07-23-2008, 03:48 PM
One will not see true happiness until his goal is to please His creator. That is the pleasure and happiness of this life.

^ This is attributed to imam abu hanifa, wallahu a'lam

i took it from al-fiqh al-akbar

http://www.ahmadjibril.com/articles/tafseertahawy.html

Re.TiReD
07-23-2008, 03:55 PM
:salamext:

I recall hearing that one somewhere before, JazakAllah Khayr akhee

:wasalamex

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.