/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Plot to kill Obama!

truemuslim
07-19-2008, 07:37 AM
hehe nobody mentioned this here did they??

ABC News' Sunlen Miller Reports: Barack Obama's presidential campaign plane made an unscheduled landing in St. Louis, Missouri, due to a maintenance problem.

While flying from Chicago to Charlotte, the pilot's first officer announced that they were experiencing "controllability issues" with the "pitch" of the MD-80, describing it as a "minor little problem" but significant enough to force the unscheduled stop.

Upon take off from Chicago in bad weather, the plane made an abnormally large dip and flight attendants hurriedly placed items in overhead compartments.

"We're doing O.K.!," Obama, D-Ill., said to the press after the incident, "A lot of excitement, huh? So everything is fine guys. Just thought we'd spice things up a little bit today. Don't you think?"

When asked if he was worried at the time, Obama told his traveling press corps, "Anytime a pilot says that something's not working the way it's supposed to, then you know, you make sure you tighten you seat belt. Everything seemed under control, the pilots knew what they were doing."

The presumptive Democratic nominee was aboard the plane at the time of the incident along with 44 additional passengers, including nine campaign staffers, a number of journalists and a protective Secret Service detail.

The landing in St. Louis was relatively smooth and the campaign initially considered moving Obama to a private airplane terminal but changed plans upon protests from the press. The candidate was eventually moved to a nearby hotel with a small number of journalists traveling with him.

The campaign has since announced that they will cancel Obama's scheduled event in Charlotte.

While still aboard the plane on the St. Louis tarmac, Obama milled about the front of his cabin -- reading his blackberry and he spoke to the pilot briefly. Staff opened large trip binders and talked to him (as they do on the plane ride) presumably going over details of a trip or a speech.

The candidate is calm, at one point turning around, put his hands up in a mocking type of fear, clearly downplaying the situation and poking fun at the press filming his every move.

Press are busy filing, phoning in stories and sending back video; according to the Obama campaign, mechanics are still "checking out the plane", which is not Obama's regular campaign plane. The private campaign plane he usually flies is in the process of undergoing renovations for the general election.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO OF OBAMA AFTER THE PLANE'S UNSCHEDULED LANDING

God he was this close! THIS CLOSSE!! ?:raging: stupid stupid pilots. :thumbs_do

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalra...-campaign.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
07-19-2008, 05:27 PM
What exactly are you saying? Who was close to what?

truemuslim
07-19-2008, 09:12 PM
obama was close to dying...hm...
i hope he drops out of the elections...:p

Zarmina
07-19-2008, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
I think it's too late now. If he drops out, I think Hillary will take over.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truemuslim
07-19-2008, 09:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zarmina
I think it's too late now. If he drops out, I think Hillary will take over.

Better than mccain

Fishman
07-19-2008, 09:35 PM
:sl:
Can I take his place?
:w:

Brother_Mujahid
07-19-2008, 09:39 PM
vote fishman...

infact he'll win hands down. :coolalien

truemuslim
07-19-2008, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Can I take his place?
I'll pay you all my money if you do.
No seriously, Obama sucks. Obama is a loser. Obama says "Time for a change" as in "time for #2 Bush" :raging:

Fishman
07-19-2008, 09:56 PM
I'll pay you all my money if you do.
No seriously, Obama sucks. Obama is a loser. Obama says "Time for a change" as in "time for #2 Bush" :raging:
The USA under Fishman (in blue):

Woodrow
07-19-2008, 10:01 PM
God he was this close! THIS CLOSSE!! ?:raging: stupid stupid pilots. :thumbs_do

Not exactly stupid pilots. It takes considerable skill and training to keep a plane in the air during a storm, especially upon take-offs and landings. Many decisions to be made instantly any one would be fatal if wrong. Very little of that is learned through flight training, it takes experience and full control of the aircraft to take off and land in foul weather.

far from stupid those pilots did good to get the bird down in one piece. Any landing everybody can walk away from is a good landing.

truemuslim
07-19-2008, 10:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Not exactly stupid pilots. It takes considerable skill and training to keep a plane in the air during a storm, especially upon take-offs and landings. Many decisions to be made instantly any one would be fatal if wrong. Very little of that is learned through flight training, it takes experience and full control of the aircraft to take off and land in foul weather.

far from stupid those pilots did good to get the bird down in one piece. Any landing everybody can walk away from is a good landing.
Yah i kno, i meant stupid pilots for being so smart to be able to have the skills to control the plane instead of having it crash and obama be so scared nd leave elections coz he's a loser...but thats a bit mean...oh well :D

'
lol. much better than having the whole world to a loser president. You should run for president. :p

Ali.
07-19-2008, 10:08 PM
As a Muslim that's really not nice to hope somebody to have died, whether you want him/her in the elections or not.

truemuslim
07-19-2008, 10:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
As a Muslim that's really not nice to hope somebody to have died, whether you want him/her in the elections or not.
I know :D

BlissfullyJaded
07-19-2008, 11:01 PM

I don't really like Obama, but I'm glad he got out of it alive. There ain't no way he'd drop out, cuz of this. He already has pretty intense security from what I remember hearing, and he knows people are plotting against him. If he were to drop out and Hillary gets back in, I can't see her winning against McCain. But...we're entitled to our dreams.

Fishman for President...that sounds quite cool. lool.

Fishman
07-19-2008, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

Fishman for President...that sounds quite cool. lool.
Fortunately for the countries I plan for the Union to embrace (ie. conquer), I'm not even American, so I don't get to be President...

north_malaysian
07-20-2008, 02:36 AM
Fortunately for the countries I plan for the Union to embrace (ie. conquer), I'm not even American, so I don't get to be President...
Fishman! You left out Hawaii.:D

truemuslim
07-20-2008, 03:05 AM
is the thing true about clinton trying to kill obama? hehe she's so mean if thats true. but hey i dont blame her :p

BlissfullyJaded
07-20-2008, 05:59 AM

Aw, come on. Whoever said that is just tryin to further demonize her. I don't reallly like the woman, but I doubt that would be true and can't imagine her plotting such a thing. That's just horrible for the party.

Fishman
07-21-2008, 10:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Fishman! You left out Hawaii.:D
Why would I want Hawaii when I can have Kamchatca!

Whatsthepoint
07-21-2008, 10:08 PM

Why are the Iberrian penninsula, Mexico and the East coast divided into so many provinces

Fishman
07-21-2008, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Why are the Iberrian penninsula, Mexico and the East coast divided into so many provinces
No idea, that's just how the blank maps I use are. Maybe one day they will release a map which shows the subdivisions of all the large countries...

EDIT: The East Coast? Isn't that how it is on normal maps?

Whatsthepoint
07-22-2008, 02:28 PM
No idea, that's just how the blank maps I use are. Maybe one day they will release a map which shows the subdivisions of all the large countries...

EDIT: The East Coast? Isn't that how it is on normal maps?
Yours doesn't show German Bundesländer nor French départements, but it shows provinces of Belarus, like anyone is interested in that...
Kosovo is independent and it shows the West Bank.
Yeah, the East Coast is fine, I just thought the NE states were somehow too small.

Woodrow
07-22-2008, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Yours doesn't show German Bundesländer nor French départements, but it shows provinces of Belarus, like anyone is interested in that...
Kosovo is independent and it shows the West Bank.
Yeah, the East Coast is fine, I just thought the NE states were somehow too small.
The New England States are our smallest States in area but they have some of our largest cities.

Why do I have a feeling we are way off topic?

I may not agree with you on some things, but your name is appropriate for this thread.

:threadclo:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.