/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you keep a diary/journal?

Re.TiReD
07-19-2008, 03:43 PM
:salamext:

Soo....do you keep/write a diary/journal?

Reason I'm asking is that SubhanAllah I know so many people, both brothers and sisters who are in either a state of depression or just feel lonely etc I want to know if anybody keeps a journal and how it helps them.

I mean sometimes we need somebody to talk to, somebody to advise us, keep us company and talk back. But other times, we just need to be heard...No advice or feedback, just heard. And I guess thats where a journal would come in, somewhere to keep a record of your ideas and feelings. But more than that, something that will take in all that you say without any interruptions or a need for trust etc

Hmm...Just thinking. Oh and just for the record, I dont keep a one

:wasalamex

POLL IS ANONYMOUS :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
07-19-2008, 03:53 PM
Journal?? are you feeling alright?

------
07-19-2008, 03:55 PM

^ Leave her alone lol.

Sis that is a good idea, diff people get their feelings out differently I guess. Diary/Poetry/Exercise, etc.

Re.TiReD
07-19-2008, 03:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
are you feeling alright?

Are you?

But I think Journal is the American word.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
07-19-2008, 03:58 PM
I dont know but for me if i am feeling bad i dont write no journals! i just keep it inside and take it,so sister jo sorry for the comment

------
07-19-2008, 03:59 PM
^ Guys are different init...they don't express their feelings/or they don't know how to...so they just ignore them and cause the other person pain (no offence).

'Abd al-Baari
07-19-2008, 03:59 PM
:sl:

I've voted no.

I think it would be a good idea though, so you can see how you have changed, better/worse, how your thoughts on something have changed, what you've learnt etc etc. I think the downside is though you end up writing silly stuff, and then it gets read by someone else..

:w:

Re.TiReD
07-19-2008, 04:00 PM
I dont know but for me if i am feeling bad i dont write no journals! i just keep it inside and take it,so sister jo sorry for the comment
Oh I thought you was dissing the word and not the thread! :( lol :D

Yeah you keep it in...typical male behaviour. Goood.

I dont keep one btw.

Re.TiReD
07-19-2008, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Baari

I've voted no.

I think it would be a good idea though, so you can see how you have changed, better/worse, how your thoughts on something have changed, what you've learnt etc etc. I think the downside is though you end up writing silly stuff, and then it gets read by someone else..

Yeah true, so before you start one you gotta make sure you think of a good hiding place. Not like when I was a kid....a good hiding place was under my pillow :muddlehea

Ali.
07-19-2008, 04:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -
^ Guys are different init...they don't express their feelings/or they don't know how to...so they just ignore them and cause the other person pain (no offence).
LOL.

Just LOL.

If I'm sad, then I usually do something to take my mind off things, any sport usually does it. So to answer your question, no, I don't.

By the way what's Ji?

Re.TiReD
07-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by - Serene -

LOL.

Just LOL.

If I'm sad, then I usually do something to take my mind off things, any sport usually does it. So to answer your question, no, I don't.

By the way what's Ji?
I think they probably cause more pain to themselves actually, but I guess they do themselves good in the sense that they dont dwell on the -ve's in life too much.

And Ji...is just Ji :shade:

Ali.
07-19-2008, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя

And Ji...is just Ji :shade:
So it's a random word you made up:?

Re.TiReD
07-19-2008, 04:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
So it's a random word you made up:?
Nah, just a lil bit of a respect thing going on. Lol :coolalien :embarrass

adam123
07-19-2008, 04:12 PM
one of my friend keeps a diary.............and believe me its got the minutist details of his day to day life...........whats day he had cut his nails etc.

Re.TiReD
07-19-2008, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by adam123
one of my friend keeps a diary.............and believe me its got the minutist details of his day to day life...........whats day he had cut his nails etc.
Cut his nails? :muddlehea Wow.

So you read it? Lol ok

adam123
07-19-2008, 04:15 PM
Cut his nails? :muddlehea Wow.

So you read it? Lol ok
read abit then got bored.lol............

big brother book

Re.TiReD
07-19-2008, 04:18 PM
read abit then got bored.lol............

big brother book
Did you read it with permission? ^o)

I'm sure it isnt summin he'd like for you to read...No snooping. lol

Uthman
07-19-2008, 04:19 PM
No, I would probably end up losing it.

adam123
07-19-2008, 04:20 PM
Did you read it with permission? ^o)

I'm sure it isnt summin he'd like for you to read...No snooping. lol
permission until he felt embarassed

Re.TiReD
07-19-2008, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
No, I would probably end up losing it.
Lol yeah ... My room is too much of a clutter-zone to keep summin safe.

permission until he felt embarassed
Okies.

adam123
07-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Lol yeah ... My room is too much of a clutter-zone to keep summin safe.

Okies.
do u keep a diary?

Re.TiReD
07-19-2008, 04:23 PM

Oh and just for the record, I dont keep a one

Lol ^^^

adam123
07-19-2008, 04:26 PM
Lol ^^^
sorry not a good reader...........keeping a diary i think can sometimes back fire...if you written something which some one wasnt suppose to find out etc

Re.TiReD
07-19-2008, 04:28 PM
sorry not a good reader...........keeping a diary i think can sometimes back fire...if you written something which some one wasnt suppose to find out etc
Yup you're right there.

But I'm just thinking generally, if you keep one, does it help you etc and how

But SubhanAllah, got 7 no's so far :muddlehea

Ali.
07-19-2008, 04:28 PM
By the way, I think it'd be best to put in your post "Poll is anonymous", to encourage diary users to put yes, incase they're afraid of their name appearing and getting embarrassed.

adam123
07-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Yup you're right there.

But I'm just thinking generally, if you keep one, does it help you etc and how

But SubhanAllah, got 7 no's so far :muddlehea
i think it helps in future...if your bored sat on the sofa all cudddled up..and you start reading your previous life how it turned out to be.....

puts a few smiles on........

Re.TiReD
07-19-2008, 04:32 PM
By the way, I think it'd be best to put in your post "Poll is anonymous", to encourage diary users to put yes, incase they're afraid of their name appearing and getting embarrassed.
Oh JazakAllah khayr akhee, that makes sense..I'll do that Insha'Allah

i think it helps in future...if your bored sat on the sofa all cudddled up..and you start reading your previous life how it turned out to be.....

puts a few smiles on........
Yeah alhamdulillah. Also if you're in a bad state (na'uthubillah) you can read up on the good times sa7?

adam123
07-19-2008, 04:33 PM
Yeah alhamdulillah. Also if you're in a bad state (na'uthubillah) you can read up on the good times sa7?[/QUOTE]

true....so your thinking of making one.lol

Re.TiReD
07-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Yeah alhamdulillah. Also if you're in a bad state (na'uthubillah) you can read up on the good times sa7?
true....so your thinking of making one.lol[/quote]

No. I just thank Allah in both the good and the bad. No need to reminisce by reading a diary *smiles*

adam123
07-19-2008, 04:39 PM
true....so your thinking of making one.lol
No. I just thank Allah in both the good and the bad. No need to reminisce by reading a diary *smiles*[/QUOTE]

masha allah keep it up.........

suffiyan007
07-19-2008, 04:41 PM
yeah.Writing blog,journal,diary is fun...but someone accidentally read it the book that you wrote that will be worse...he/she will making rumours and telling something about you to other...so better not to write a book that u think is confidential privacy...so anything just prayer du'a to God..is a help...and it will calm your nerves..!:okay:

Sahabiyaat
07-19-2008, 04:42 PM

I kept a diary when i was about nine, and it does make me smile when i read my lil kiddy sentances :D. I wrote about getting a new doll, a painitng set and a wardrobe lol.I also wrote about buying my school uniform for yr 7 and i drew a picture of it lol.

I still have it but instead of writing day to day which is for some a bit of a tedious task, i just write a review of the whole yr, all the big things that have happend.If their far too personal i dont write them, there are some things that should just be confined to the heart.

My youngest sister has a diary i got her (A 'lil Miss Naughty' diary lol), and she writes in it every single day, rain or shine!, Shes also turned it into a kind of scrap book, by sticking in pictures and cards she gets and letters from friends and crushed flowers! .if something significant happens to anyone, she makes them write it personally in her diary. :D

adam123
07-19-2008, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat

I kept a diary when i was about nine, and it does make me smile when i read my lil kiddy sentances :D. I wrote about getting a new doll, a painitng set and a wardrobe lol.I also wrote about buying my school uniform for yr 7 and i drew a picture of it lol.

I still have it but instead of writing day to day which is for some a bit of a tedious task, i just write a review of the whole yr, all the big things that have happend.If their far too personal i dont write them, there are some things that should just be confined to the heart.

My youngest sister has a diary i got her (A 'lil Miss Naughty' diary lol), and she writes in it every single day, rain or shine!, Shes also turned it into a kind of scrap book, by sticking in pictures and cards she gets and letters from friends and crushed flowers! .if something significant happens to anyone, she makes them write it personally in her diary. :D
masha allah..............put a smile on my face by reading your post

Re.TiReD
07-19-2008, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat

Awww masha'Allah thats cute!

The only thing (Or maybe one if the few) I wrote about was when I got my first mobile :embarrass lol I was sooo excited.

But I agree, sometimes things are best left in the heart. Or between you and your creator.

BlissfullyJaded
07-19-2008, 05:00 PM

Aww, that is cool what your sis does sis Sahabiyat. :D

I don't really keep a journal.. I used to...but now if I havta vent I either just write in the same notebook as my college notes, which nobody's gonna bother looking through for obvious reasons, and then later I read it again and tear it out. I always had great places to hide it though. And even then my bro would find it, but never got to read it cuz I'd manage to grab it back. :rolleyes:

Re.TiReD
07-19-2008, 05:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

Aww, that is cool what your sis does sis Sahabiyat. :D

I don't really keep a journal.. I used to...but now if I havta vent I either just write in the same notebook as my college notes, which nobody's gonna bother looking through for obvious reasons, and then later I read it again and tear it out. I always had great places to hide it though. And even then my bro would find it, but never got to read it cuz I'd manage to grab it back. :rolleyes:

Lol sis I remember I wrote a lil something in my uni notes, and now I cant find it :embarrass Grrrrr...! :p

------
07-19-2008, 05:58 PM
LOL.

Just LOL.

By the way what's Ji?
Ji = Lyk Ammi Ji, Dear Mum sorta thing

Khalisah
07-19-2008, 06:40 PM
I keep a journal when I'm sad...it helps to think more logically, and also it puts my feeling into percpective for me.

MuslimahBlue
07-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Sallamualaikium'
I kept a journal from ages 12-14 reading it now makes me laugh at the stupid things I wrote, cry at some of the bad memories and really think about how I have changed as a person. I am the type of person who likes to keep things so I have letters frommy Dad from when I was 9/10 and reading them just makes me feel so emotional lol.

I started keeping a journal now not daily but maybe every 3/4 days but I haven't seen it the last week and I'm scared because some of the thingsin there well umm...you know are for my eyes only.

S_87
07-19-2008, 08:00 PM

nope...ji :hiding:

Nájlá
07-19-2008, 08:01 PM
i kept a diary dont anymore. it never helped me lol.
and when i used to go back and see what i wrote. i used to laugh at myself :zip
but now if am sad i just go and draw somethin like flowers or buildings and it helps lol

fatima_01
07-19-2008, 08:06 PM
i used to have one untill my sis in law read it nd it had my most personall thought,after that its just put me off but in the future i think i would like to :p maybe then im gna make it a famil heirloom lol haha

truemuslim
07-19-2008, 09:28 PM
lol who keeps diary/journals? hehehehehehee

ok well im normal, i think...see cool peopel in the states keep there feelings and dont let nobody, not even a loser BOOK know whats goin on, so u juss keep everything inside ya. tis easy. especially since nothing is gonna change if u write it neways soo...
when im sad or something jus go play sports or something...:p
better than talkiing to a book. hehehe

its like "dear booky, today im sad because my pizza got burnt,....dear booky, after my pizza got burnt, i threw it away...dear booky, after i threw it away...i cried...now im sad,...and talking to a book,...that ignores me"

i mean cmon, why talk n talk n talk n talk n talk about ur life bio to a BOOK. when u can keep it in ur heart n brain. you do know the book is like men, it doesnt lissen :p

Patience7
07-20-2008, 03:08 AM
I had a dairy...used to write down things people wouldn't just understand...when i read it all now, makes me realize how i have changed as a person, the way i used to think... :smile: those times!

Amat Allah
07-20-2008, 06:08 AM
no....

Souljette
07-20-2008, 09:07 AM

Well I had a combined journal or scrapbook with my friends when i was in the states..my friend used to write a journal but i didn't but after i saw her writing and the things she used to do..i thought it was cool..lolz..MY friends have the scrapbook but because of their siblings it's probably all drawn over..sheesh i would take better care of it lolz..anyways I had another journal which was like a picture journal..i still have it..it's pics of me and my friends and all the stuff since i was in the states and canada but when i came here i didnt post much..I will as soon as i get time ehehe..I stopped writing in my diary but I have a book of rhymes and a blog now so that makes up for it hehe..

I think journals are cool in there own way..I even have letters and stuff that my friends and I used to write to each other in class hahaha..when i read them I start to laugh soo hardd coz it's the randomest things

Nawal89
07-20-2008, 11:37 AM
I keep diaries and notebooks nd journals and blogs..I just love to write. I buy little notebooks with the intention of it just being my scribble book and it turns to a deep dark diary full of all kinds of foolishness. I love to read back on what i've written over the years and its so fun to come over something so so so stupid and wonder is that really meeee!!!My family all know i write everything down I think. They dont know where I keep them tho! :p

Souljette
07-20-2008, 11:53 AM

My broz know I have a diary but they know not to touch them if they even see them..my older brother used to write alot ..since he was a lil kid to until i think he was 17 or 18 ..I would see him writing in his book in the corner while everyone's talking..once I found a diary of his and i saw what he wrote and i told him and he'z like..wow i was crazy lolz hahah..but I think it's a healthy thing to write a journal or diary

truemuslim
07-20-2008, 07:45 PM
lol i remember once i decided to take a book and make it my diary (hehe :p) and started writing stuff...cant remember... i remember one thing "when i go to yemen ima be a cool doctor and heal poor people for free! :D" lol that was like 5 yrs ago
then my brothers found it and took it and read everything and laughed at me and made fun of me and all and showed all there friends and all, then rpped it up nd burnet it and threw it over the american flag.... i totally thank them :p
lol
i never really wrote anything rael in there. the true secrets i keep inside me. nobody knows. especially a book..coughcough

Re.TiReD
07-21-2008, 11:07 AM
AssalamuAlaykum

Lol some amazing, some cute and some totally fishy replies :p lol

Its all good...In Secondary school, we was a group of 5 friends, and we sorta had like a joint diary/yearbook thing and reading it now is just laughsss! We were just crazy and seeing how we've all changed, matured and gone our seperate ways is just...I dunno its just nice to read. :-[

If anybody was to practise counselling, its important for the counsellor to be aware of their own feelings before they even attempt to listen to the thoughts and feelings of others...I think a LOT of people have something, even if its just a little something personal or private and something they'd never share with anybody. I think keeping a journal is maybe healthy if you just need to vent or make sense of any confuzzlement in life :D

chacha_jalebi
07-21-2008, 01:17 PM
when i was really really small, i kept a journal diary thin, but many people write diaries for secret stuff lol, i would make it like a wishlist, and after writin stuff like i want a bike football, bla bla, i would leave it on the livin room table with the intention everyone would view it :D

jannat
07-21-2008, 01:27 PM

i use to keep diaries of my memories at school, college , kind of stopped that now, nearly a year! last year i wrote abt how i felt in the summer, because what i was going through.but i like memories, i like writing abt them.:)

Bro, just another typical man, dont take it personal, but u keep it all bottled up, its good to release your feelings, to someone or on paper.. a load off ur mind:)

truemuslim
07-21-2008, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jannat
Bro, just another typical man, dont take it personal, but u keep it all bottled up, its good to release your feelings, to someone or on paper.. a load off ur mind:)

lol why "typical man" , besides, after u "release" your feelings into a book (which cant keep a secret) you get a big load of new stuff to think about. liiiiikke where to hide it, who might see it, what happens when they see it, whats gonna happen with u, ....

keeping it "bottled up" is all kwl. better than talking to paper eh?

Re.TiReD
07-21-2008, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
lol why "typical man" , besides, after u "release" your feelings into a book (which cant keep a secret) you get a big load of new stuff to think about. liiiiikke where to hide it, who might see it, what happens when they see it, whats gonna happen with u, ....

AssalamuAlaykum

There was once a fish named Bish. His heart and mind all but exploded when he had nowhere to vent his emotions and frustrations. He didnt want to talk to a friend since he didnt think he could trust them 100%, he didnt talk to a book either, all he did was take out every single thought in his mind and write it down, he kept his feelings in a safe place so that he could look back some day and see how life had changed for him and whether or not that was for the better or the worse.

He took out any unresolved issues and kept them in this special book. He took out all his hurts and insecurities and put them in it, so that when he met new people and dealt with new issues etc he found that he could deal with them better since his diary helped him make sense of things and help with any unresolved issues and emotions.

Bish was by far more emotionally stable than his twin Fish called Mish, now mish kept everything bottled up and just like a pressure cooker, he blew up one day because he had one emotion and hurt too many in his poor little heart. When Mish died, Bish was verryyy verrry verrryy depressed coz Mish had been a great fish. But Bish poured his heart out in his diary and felt a little better, not a lottle, just a little....but as the saying goes, every little helps :D

WassalamuAlaykum

truemuslim
07-21-2008, 03:17 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

There was once a fish named Bish. His heart and mind all but exploded when he had nowhere to vent his emotions and frustrations. He didnt want to talk to a friend since he didnt think he could trust them 100%, he didnt talk to a book either, all he did was take out every single thought in his mind and write it down, he kept his feelings in a safe place so that he could look back some day and see how life had changed for him and whether or not that was for the better or the worse.

He took out any unresolved issues and kept them in this special book. He took out all his hurts and insecurities and put them in it, so that when he met new people and dealt with new issues etc he found that he could deal with them better since his diary helped him make sense of things and help with any unresolved issues and emotions.

Bish was by far more emotionally stable than his twin Fish called Mish, now mish kept everything bottled up and just like a pressure cooker, he blew up one day because he had one emotion and hurt too many in his poor little heart. When Mish died, Bish was verryyy verrry verrryy depressed coz Mish had been a great fish. But Bish poured his heart out in his diary and felt a little better, not a lottle, just a little....but as the saying goes, every little helps :D

WassalamuAlaykum

hehe wow mish sure does have a tiny heart.
look at my heart. 15 yrs nobody kno nothing.:p :D

Re.TiReD
07-21-2008, 03:19 PM
hehe wow mish sure does have a tiny heart.
look at my heart. 15 yrs nobody kno nothing.:p :D
Keep going and it aint gonna be healthy, lol :p life gets tougher and you need to let things out sometimes, if you got a trustworthy enough friend to talk to then all good for you sis.

But I'm guessing that sometimes the thoughts and feelings are whirling around and are just so confusing and jumbled that you need to put em down on paper and try make sense of em :D

truemuslim
07-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Keep going and it aint gonna be healthy, lol :p life gets tougher and you need to let things out sometimes, if you got a trustworthy enough friend to talk to then all good for you sis.

But I'm guessing that sometimes the thoughts and feelings are whirling around and are just so confusing and jumbled that you need to put em down on paper and try make sense of em :D

I AM 100% HEALTHY! Welll...im allergic to bull----, im immune to school, havent been checked by a doctor in 5 years , (coz i dont get sick, AND ima docta) dont eat, go thru my day with coke, dont sleep before 2am, and immmmmmmmm HAPPY :statisfie

There is no friend to trust sis. there's NOBODY to trust. Why peopel not realize that? AnD NO i dont wanna write all my feelings in paper so someone could find it , read it, and there ya go, everyone now knows my feelings that were supposed to stay inside me which is locked up best.

Re.TiReD
07-21-2008, 03:26 PM
I AM 100% HEALTHY! Welll...im allergic to bull----, im immune to school, havent been checked by a doctor in 5 years , (coz i dont get sick, AND ima docta) dont eat, go thru my day with coke, dont sleep before 2am, and immmmmmmmm HAPPY :statisfie

There is no friend to trust sis. there's NOBODY to trust. Why peopel not realize that? AnD NO i dont wanna write all my feelings in paper so someone could find it , read it, and there ya go, everyone now knows my feelings that were supposed to stay inside me which is locked up best.
Fair do's hun, whatever works for you I guess. Lol

There aint anybody you can fully rely on cept Allah (swt), but sometimes we're blessed with good enough friends to place trust in also, Alhamdulillah.

May Allah (swt) keep you happy sis, and go to sleep early before I fish you alive, lol erm, I mean skin you alive :p lol no wonder you cant get up for fajr :p

Cabdullahi
07-21-2008, 03:27 PM
I write my feelings and any hardships i encounter in an imaginary journal in my head , i think so?

Re.TiReD
07-21-2008, 03:30 PM
I write my feelings and any hardships i encounter in an imaginary journal in my head , i think so?
But what if that imaginary journal forgets summin you want to remember? Or what if it gets too full that one day you cant deal with it anymore? Or it gets too confusing and messy for you.

Its good also to write the rad things that happen to you, its all about writing your sorrows in the sand so that the wind can blow em away, and the good things in stone so that you can remem and be gr8ful for them always...ooohh yehhh :shade: lol :p

Uthman
07-21-2008, 03:33 PM
No. I keep a to-do list though! That's cool, right?

chacha_jalebi
07-21-2008, 03:35 PM
its good to like write stuff down and let it out, but then isnt that just bringin up the memories, like especially baaaad thins, you dont wana remember it, do you do you

Re.TiReD
07-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Entirely up to you Ji. But I guess people use diaries for diff things *shrug* I dont keep one so wouldnt know, think I kept one for all of....erm...several days? Summin like that I think.

I just think brothers are different in the sense that they dont allow themselves to feel as much emotion, lol actually, before this thread turns into gender-bashing...lets just say....to each their own :D

truemuslim
07-21-2008, 03:40 PM
Fair do's hun, whatever works for you I guess. Lol

There aint anybody you can fully rely on cept Allah (swt), but sometimes we're blessed with good enough friends to place trust in also, Alhamdulillah.

May Allah (swt) keep you happy sis, and go to sleep early before I fish you alive, lol erm, I mean skin you alive :p lol no wonder you cant get up for fajr :p
lol yah which is like never when u blessed wit good friends :p
what u mean go to sleep early?? tis 11:39 AM , and i still got emm... 16 hours till i get sleepy :D

yah well at least its ...emm..normal :X:X:X

Uthman
07-21-2008, 03:42 PM
yah well at least its ...emm..normal :X:X
Is that sarcasm at it's best? :X

Re.TiReD
07-21-2008, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
its good to like write stuff down and let it out, but then isnt that just bringin up the memories, like especially baaaad thins, you dont wana remember it, do you do you
True Akhee, so you dont write about things you dont wanna write about. Obviously diff people would write about diff things since each person is unique in the things they experience in life....Wallahu A'lam

yah well at least its ...emm..normal :X:X:X
Is that sarcasm at it's best?
And writing in a journal isnt? ^o) :p lol rhetorical.

BEGONE you...you.....you...erm fish! :p

jannat
07-21-2008, 03:43 PM

okay, if u like it that way and it works for u fine, still typical though, writing things off paper takes the load of ur mind.thats all bro, u keep it bottled up, if u liked it like that, but for most women they have to expose, comunicate and share their feelings.we have a good cry, to release it all!please dnt take anyfin offensively.

truemuslim
07-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Is that sarcasm at it's best? :X
oh no i was being serious i jus was looking for a word that wouldnt have *'s innit :-[ and i did mean its normal...unlike talking to a book and trrusting it :p hehe

truemuslim
07-21-2008, 03:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jannat

okay, if u like it that way and it works for u fine, still typical though, writing things off paper takes the load of ur mind.thats all bro, u keep it bottled up, if u liked it like that, but for most women they have to expose, comunicate and share their feelings.we have a good cry, to release it all!please dnt take anyfin offensively.

I AM A SIS :-[:-[:-[ gosh :p
a normal islamic ghetto sis with no faith that is :-[ :D

Re.TiReD
07-21-2008, 03:47 PM
...unlike talking to a book and trrusting it :p hehe
Who said anythin about trusting a darn book? Argh...you know wat ima leave ur insecurities be. All the best :D

Uthman
07-21-2008, 03:47 PM
oh no i was being serious i jus was looking for a word that wouldnt have *'s
I have no idea what you're chattin on about sis but let's leave it at that Insha'Allah.

:X

jannat
07-21-2008, 03:49 PM
sorry sis, i prefer to do it that way, and u do it ur way, but men have communication issues, not all i know,some have egos, sorry to say.

i hope noone takes it personally ok, brothers esp, sorry truemuslim, hope Allah SWT keeps u happy and strong inshallah.
Rab rakah!!!:statisfie

Re.TiReD
I have no idea what you're chattin on about sis but let's leave it at that Insha'Allah.

Lol and JazakAllah khayr at your rep akhee :mmokay: I edited my post :D :-[

Oh and btw, at 'trusting a book'....if something doesnt work for you then fine, but dont diss it just because you like to keep everything bottled up. <-- at TrueMuslim

truemuslim
Who said anythin about trusting a darn book? Argh...you know wat ima leave ur insecurities be. All the best :D

lol sis ur defidently talking to a book and trusting it. :p
Writing a to do list is normal. Talking to a book isnt. See? SImple

When u see someone writing their brain, inside a book, what do u think? u think... "INSAAANE!" :p :D

Uthman
07-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Lol and JazakAllah khayr at your rep akhee :mmokay: I edited my post :D :-[
I saw it. :D

I prefer Salmon myself. Not because of the taste. But because it's oily fish. And oily fish is good for your skin. Love the skin you're in kinda thing. etc. etc. etc.

Re.TiReD
07-21-2008, 03:52 PM
lol sis ur defidently talking to a book and trusting it. :p
Writing a to do list is normal. Talking to a book isnt. See? SImple

When u see someone writing their brain, inside a book, what do u think? u think... "INSAAANE!" :p :D
:) Whatever you say my dearest fish.

I just hope that one day your brain dont explode from having waaaay too much inside of it. :)

And actually, diff ppl have diff ways of venting....I'd say one of urs was poetry and rhymin etc...Having a journal is just one way

Re.TiReD
07-21-2008, 03:53 PM
I saw it. :D

I prefer Salmon myself. Not because of the taste. But because it's oily fish. And oily fish is good for your skin. Love the skin you're in kinda thing. etc. etc. etc.
Lol....Yeah I guess.....But ima try not to go off-topic in my own thread so toodle-oo :D

truemuslim
07-21-2008, 03:54 PM
:) Whatever you say my dearest fish.

I just hope that one day your brain dont explode from having waaaay too much inside of it. :)

And actually, diff ppl have diff ways of venting....I'd say one of urs was poetry and rhymin etc...Having a journal is just one way
lol poetry? u think i let my feelings out in poetry ? :laugh: hahahaha (JOKING!)
i hate poetry anyways :p

Re.TiReD
07-21-2008, 03:56 PM
lol poetry? u think i let my feelings out in poetry ? :laugh: hahahaha (JOKING!)
i hate poetry anyways :p
^o) ok you must have some way of doing it, and if thats not by writing in a journal then fine :p go eat some pringles now :D :-[

Souljette
07-21-2008, 05:23 PM

Sis truemuslim i thought you had a book of poetry that you wrote somethings from? and i read your poetry..it is good..it's called rhymes for you or rapping either way it's spitting some lines..I'mma tell you something..writing a journal has nothing to do with gender ..some brothers like writing in a diary lettin their emotion out like that or they don't and turn out to be those who are unable to show their emotions..and the same goes for sisters...In the beginnin i thought riting in a book was insane but after i saw my girls diary you feel like it's talking to teh person who is reading it..it's the way people write things..I like reading journals..i mean if people hadn't written journals then we wouldn't have primary sources from history...I used to write in a journal because i just had alot going on ..now im just lazy and i have too many bad memories written down in the diary..which is why i will burn it except for teh good memories because the good memories make me smile ...eheehe..it also makes your english good :D lol.

truemuslim
07-21-2008, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Souljette

Sis truemuslim i thought you had a book of poetry that you wrote somethings from? and i read your poetry..it is good..it's called rhymes for you or rapping either way it's spitting some lines..I'mma tell you something..writing a journal has nothing to do with gender ..some brothers like writing in a diary lettin their emotion out like that or they don't and turn out to be those who are unable to show their emotions..and the same goes for sisters...In the beginnin i thought riting in a book was insane but after i saw my girls diary you feel like it's talking to teh person who is reading it..it's the way people write things..I like reading journals..i mean if people hadn't written journals then we wouldn't have primary sources from history...I used to write in a journal because i just had alot going on ..now im just lazy and i have too many bad memories written down in the diary..which is why i will burn it except for teh good memories because the good memories make me smile ...eheehe..it also makes your english good :D lol.

lol noway, that book was crap. NOW my way of holdin something inside and lettin it pass, is rappin, just rap, unislamic but still rap. get some tupac lines, some nasir jones (nas) lines.and best of all (:p) my lines
but still i hate diaries its just hilarius sorry if i offended u fishy :-[:D

Souljette
07-21-2008, 05:39 PM

^^ It's in your opinion you don't approve of it but u don't gotta diss ppl for doing it..many ppl go thru alotta stuff and their introverts so they dn't tell anyone anything they just write it down..i dont write it down that much anymore but I do start rhyming and writin it down on paper..

Souljette
07-21-2008, 05:39 PM

Dn't worry you haven't offended me :D

Hamza :)
04-15-2016, 07:17 AM
I wish I did :l

noraina
04-15-2016, 09:06 AM
Assalamu Alaykum,

I do but I am very inconsistent. I have been keeping a diary since I was around nine years old, I have this beautiful diary at the moment but only around seven entries in it since January last year. Actually, it has been interesting for me because I recently tore up and threw away my dairies from when I was 14, because they were so embarrassing and I never wanted me or anyone else to read them ever again :D I have changed, in a good way I hope.

ramen-thelegend
04-15-2016, 10:35 AM
keeping a dairy could be really nice and as the OP says, yes it keeps me from feeling alone. i feel like i'm talking to someone:embarrass! and you're being listened to without interruption or judgements or questions or criticism
i find it hard to put my feeling into words and some psychiatrists say i've got alexithymia. so writing my diary kind of helps me....

but writing diaries could really be dangerous....because all the time you're thinking it's just between you and the diary and trust me you dont know that feeing when you loose your dairy....:omg: and if someone reads it:embarrass:o:o:o
but i guess that doesn't happen to everyone, only to irresponsible people like me:embarrass

because of that i've started writing diary in ms word....because i could neither stop nor had the guts to carry on.....

noraina
04-15-2016, 10:59 AM
If someone read my diaries I would die of embarrassment. I have destroyed so many diaries by now subhanAllah, but my current diary is somewhere in my book case, and only I know where it is.

Bhabha
04-16-2016, 06:55 AM
I keep a massive amount of journals and diaries. Perhaps it is my obsession with writing or just my other obsession with moleskine... (the most awesome journal brand EVER)

sister herb
04-16-2016, 07:19 AM
I do, but only about weather and my garden. It helps me to planning new garden at every spring as I know how this and that was growing at the last seasons, when I added some fertilizer and when I sowed some seeds. Also I know when I saw the first butterfly.

;D

At this year I saw it at 10th of April.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.