/* */

PDA

View Full Version : whats a real masjid???

truemuslim
07-19-2008, 09:38 PM
assalamu alaikum,

ok well is there really anything that you can use to know if a masjid is a real masjid? Like , a masjid, when u walk into it you know that ur in a masjid, you know ur in allah's house, you feel very good, you feel everyone around u is religious, or trying to be religious, or trying to convert to islam, or something...but then there's the "masjids" . Where you feel disgusted the second you park the car, and more disgusted looking at the people outisde, and even more, when opening the door and walking in. :thumbs_do

I do NOT consider our local masjid a masjid. i consider it a dating line, haram home.

But how can you actually "claim" a masjid is a masjid? How can you know whats a real masjid? Is there liek any hadiths or something?

Jazakallah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truemuslim
07-19-2008, 10:12 PM
quran or hadiths qork fine?

chacha_jalebi
07-19-2008, 10:17 PM
whaat, the question is confusin!

masjid - any place where Allah (swt) is worshipped, or a jamaah happens!

also the mosque your talkin about, surely everyone isnt like that innay! theres good and bad everywhere

truemuslim
07-19-2008, 10:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
whaat, the question is confusin!

masjid - any place where Allah (swt) is worshipped, or a jamaah happens!

also the mosque your talkin about, surely everyone isnt like that innay! theres good and bad everywhere

I mean is there like any descriptions of whats a real masjid?
Coz a place where people go to flirt, imams are retarded, and salah is missed for basketball, is NOT a masjid.
How can you KNOW its not tho? like is there any hadiths or anything of the ...umm wats that word??? em... things a masjid must obey in order to be a masjid?? god i have the word i dunno what!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ali.
07-19-2008, 10:23 PM
As the jalebi said, a definition of a masjid is a place where you can worship Allah (swt).

truemuslim
07-19-2008, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
As the jalebi said, a definition of a masjid is a place where you can worship Allah (swt).

lol i was serious tho. you walk up to an imam brushing his red beard and fixing his sunglasses while staring at a young hijabless lady and ask him whats the word ISLAM mean and they cannot answer it!

Ok then we dont have a masjid here :p people who go to the masjid here usually talk, play sports, eat, or sell and buy stuff, and rarely do u find praying people...when u do, they pray so fast, and they stare at u staring at them! What kinda prayer is that???

chacha_jalebi
07-19-2008, 10:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
I mean is there like any descriptions of whats a real masjid?
Coz a place where people go to flirt, imams are retarded, and salah is missed for basketball, is NOT a masjid.
How can you KNOW its not tho? like is there any hadiths or anything of the ...umm wats that word??? em... things a masjid must obey in order to be a masjid?? god i have the word i dunno what!
in the Prophet (Saw) time the mosques were simple, like bricks, rocks and the roof was palm tree leaves, also i cant recall any hadiths where it described what a mosque looks like, because we can pray anywhere innit, like we can make a jamaah in the park and pray, so im not sure there is a hadiths outlinin what a mosques looks lik innaay, but maybe some one more knowledge able then moi can help you with that!!

lol, but surely not everyone goes their to flirt, and miss their salaah, however this is common unfortunately, like the mosque will run a social club and ppl turn up for the social club, and not the salaahs :mmokay: but thats the mosques fault its the people, even some people they have never stepped in a mosque, they have never prayed once, we cant blame their parents and say the parents never encouraged them, they are themselfs to blame.. gerrit:D

truemuslim
07-20-2008, 02:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
in the Prophet (Saw) time the mosques were simple, like bricks, rocks and the roof was palm tree leaves, also i cant recall any hadiths where it described what a mosque looks like, because we can pray anywhere innit, like we can make a jamaah in the park and pray, so im not sure there is a hadiths outlinin what a mosques looks lik innaay, but maybe some one more knowledge able then moi can help you with that!!

lol, but surely not everyone goes their to flirt, and miss their salaah, however this is common unfortunately, like the mosque will run a social club and ppl turn up for the social club, and not the salaahs :mmokay: but thats the mosques fault its the people, even some people they have never stepped in a mosque, they have never prayed once, we cant blame their parents and say the parents never encouraged them, they are themselfs to blame.. gerrit:D
ah ok jazakallah khair.
the feeling thats not a masjid just never leaves me. :D
like sometimes even the imam, you kno, that guy supposed to be leading salah, he sits there talking to people in the cafeteria while people are waiting for him to go lead!! thats why i just pray alone then get outta that crappy sunday school/masjid as soon as possible!

neways. jazakallah khair :D

north_malaysian
07-20-2008, 10:16 AM
I dont know what are the criterias for a retarded imam as all imams are certified by the state religious authority... but flirting and missing prayer time is something unheard of in any Malaysian mosques...

Do your mosque have any mosque officials and seperate place for female?

'Abd al-Baari
07-20-2008, 10:36 AM
:sl:

Regarding your post about Imaams, this maybe an interersting read Insha'Allah.

With regard to the imam’s role in society, there is no doubt that it is an important role. How can it be otherwise when he is leading the prayers which are the most important pillar of Islam after the Shahaadatayn (twin testimony of faith)? The imam is the leader and the worshippers behind him are his followers. The imam guides and leads his jamaa’ah (group) by giving lessons and talks. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the Rightly-Guided khaleefahs used to hold gatherings in the mosques where the Muslims would gather so that they might consult with one another concerning religious and worldly matters and so that they might teach the people about Tawheed, fiqh, good manners, and also enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil.”

See Ahkaam al-Imaamah wa’l-I’timaam fi’l-Salaah by al-Muneef, p. 64

The imam should check up on those who are absent (from the prayers), and visit the sick, He should strive to meet the needs of the Muslims who pray with him, teaching the ignorant, admonishing the negligent, advising the erring, reconciling those among whom there are differences, bringing them closer to one another and striving to foster friendship and love between them. He should strive to solve social problems that arise among them such as family quarrels, disputes between neighbours and the like. To sum up, the role of the imam is very important and should be appreciated as such. The group should help him to achieve the aims of sharee’ah and ward off anything that is bad or harmful. And Allaah is the Source of strength.
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/13474/

:w:

truemuslim
07-20-2008, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
I dont know what are the criterias for a retarded imam as all imams are certified by the state religious authority... but flirting and missing prayer time is something unheard of in any Malaysian mosques...

Do your mosque have any mosque officials and seperate place for female?
not these imams.

yeh we got an upstairs for women. its always empty tho coz all the ladies are busy talking downstairs instead of praying, and when they do go upstairs to "pray" they rush near the glass part and start staring at the brothers praying since its right under us and there's no wall or anything blocking. :mad: and i dont even know anymore if we got mosque officials

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Baari

Regarding your post about Imaams, this maybe an interersting read Insha'Allah.

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/13474/

:w:

JAZAKALLAH KHAIR BRO! THank u so much:D:D

Riyadh-ul-Jannah
07-20-2008, 07:49 PM
Interesting subject.. Well I would like to say which ever mosque is a dating line, haram home is definitely not a masjid. I think is a place where a muslim can come to remember Allah, worship Allah and think about Allah. They can read salah and the Quran. A masjid is a holy place and it should be kept clean and tidy, inside and outside.
:wl:

snakelegs
07-20-2008, 07:50 PM
women aren't required to go to masjid anyway, are they?
if this is true and there is so little religion to be found among the members of your masjid, is staying home an option?

truemuslim
07-21-2008, 02:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riyadh-ul-Jannah
Interesting subject.. Well I would like to say which ever mosque is a dating line, haram home is definitely not a masjid. I think is a place where a muslim can come to remember Allah, worship Allah and think about Allah. They can read salah and the Quran. A masjid is a holy place and it should be kept clean and tidy, inside and outside.
:wl:
yah i kno, people in the masjid instead of praying zuhr at zuhr time , they go and sit in the cafeteria, then they take some music, turn it on ALL THE WAY, BAD MUSICCC and sit there playin sports and talking and all as if its some sort of clubbin crap :raging:

format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
women aren't required to go to masjid anyway, are they?
if this is true and there is so little religion to be found among the members of your masjid, is staying home an option?
Nah, but we go on eid, and some taraweeh prayers, and i have to go to stupid stupid sunday school which teaches u stupid stupid bull about stupid stupid fake religon tought by stupid stupid stuuuupid loser racist white teachers that dont kno crap! :D

Na7lah
07-21-2008, 02:15 AM
ehhh am guessing ur q is what is ur dream masjid? or wat do u expect in a masjid?

truemuslim
07-21-2008, 02:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421
ehhh am guessing ur q is what is ur dream masjid? or wat do u expect in a masjid?

*thinks very hard* :exhausted

BOTH :)

lol nah, i jus expect a masjid to be HALAL instead of HARAAAAAM

qassy!
07-21-2008, 02:23 AM
Salam

Can you give me / us a definition of what you think:

A halal masjid is
and
A ha ram masjid is

I dont think you should be judging mosques!

truemuslim
07-21-2008, 02:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
Salam

Can you give me / us a definition of what you think:

A halal masjid is
and
A ha ram masjid is

I dont think you should be judging mosques!
i kno thats what i thought...oook

well...

Halal masjid - A halal masjid...no music. no haram. praying. muslims. true imams. no racists unless they looking for islam.

Haram masjid...or MY masjid - Girls flirting with boys in the kiddy playrooms, in the lobby, in the cafeteria, near the fountains, outside, and in the bball court. music very very very very very loud (yet amazingly addictive!!) playin everywhere while people SUPPOSED TO be praying but arent. People missing prayers for flirting, eating, sports, or music. imams that kno nothing pretty much, and watch there hijabless daughters flirt with people. etc etc.

issit bad to judge a masjid when its considered a haram place called a masjid? :D

btw where ya been?

qassy!
07-21-2008, 02:31 AM
i kno thats what i thought...oook

well...

Halal masjid - A halal masjid...no music. no haram. praying. muslims. true imams. no racists unless they looking for islam.

Haram masjid...or MY masjid - Girls flirting with boys in the kiddy playrooms, in the lobby, in the cafeteria, near the fountains, outside, and in the bball court. music very very very very very loud (yet amazingly addictive!!) playin everywhere while people SUPPOSED TO be praying but arent. People missing prayers for flirting, eating, sports, or music. imams that kno nothing pretty much, and watch there hijabless daughters flirt with people. etc etc.

issit bad to judge a masjid when its considered a haram place called a masjid? :D

btw where ya been?
hmm......ive never been to a masjid or heard of a masjid that
1) plays music
2) has a cafeteria
3) has a basketball court
4) Has a place for music
5) has a place for sport
6) has a place 2 chat up girls :-[

I think you got the concept messed up ? You mean the prayer room in your college is haram ?

EDIT: been busy with work, full time work kills!!

Na7lah
07-21-2008, 02:39 AM
1) plays music
2) has a cafeteria
4) Has a place for music
5) has a place for sport

I think you got the concept messed up ? You mean the prayer room in your college is haram ?

she's not in college yet

qassy!
07-21-2008, 02:41 AM
school/bla bla bla

where ever the sister is, im in the UK and our mosques are not like that, and im centain there not like that in usa.

I think the sister just got mixed up with a prayer room in the school/airport or w/e and a masjid

/sleep time

allah hafiz

truemuslim
07-21-2008, 02:43 AM
1) plays music
2) has a cafeteria
4) Has a place for music
5) has a place for sport

nooo im not in college ! besides school is OVER. i mean the masjid. MASJID. MOSQUE. worreva u wanna call it! Its a masjid, but it has full time school, sunday school, or saturday school , which all are jus crap, its actually a MASJID tho. these are jus "additonal features".

i remember once they got jews to come the the masjid, to teach em "basics in islam" (aka how to do haram in islam) and one of the jew girls told me that she never expected a masjid to be like this im jus like :-[:-[:-[:-[omggg:-[:-[:-[

oh and im SURE this is a masjid.
you kno everytime they say they gonna "improve" the masjid, they just add more sporting stuff and fix up the kitchen :raging: and leave the rest of the IMPORTANT stuff crap!:raging:

north_malaysian
07-21-2008, 03:27 AM
not these imams.

yeh we got an upstairs for women. its always empty tho coz all the ladies are busy talking downstairs instead of praying,
Astaghfirullah al azim! :exhausted My sister told me that in any mosque she had been there must be an old lady who will monitor the behaviours of the girls (especially kids and teenagers)...

and when they do go upstairs to "pray" they rush near the glass part and start staring at the brothers praying since its right under us
Most Malaysian mosques put curtains in the women section.

:mad: and i dont even know anymore if we got mosque officials
so...who takes care of the mosque? Weird!

truemuslim
07-21-2008, 04:09 AM
Astaghfirullah al azim! :exhausted My sister told me that in any mosque she had been there must be an old lady who will monitor the behaviours of the girls (especially kids and teenagers)...
yah, i kno, i think we have an "old" lady who do that. but last time i saw her she was flirting with my arabic teacher :( i thought they were married. then i had the guts to ask her and she said no, and im like...:enough!:

Most Malaysian mosques put curtains in the women section.
Bro u cannot compare MALAYSIA with hell...:D god bless u good malaysians:statisfie

so...who takes care of the mosque? Weird!
No idea. Our principal for the SCHOOL in the masjid is some convert lady who is like dumb as hell:X

north_malaysian
07-21-2008, 04:25 AM
yah, i kno, i think we have an "old" lady who do that. but last time i saw her she was flirting with my arabic teacher :( i thought they were married. then i had the guts to ask her and she said no, and im like...:enough!:

Bro u cannot compare MALAYSIA with hell...:D god bless u good malaysians:statisfie

No idea. Our principal for the SCHOOL in the masjid is some convert lady who is like dumb as hell:X
Erm... I rest my case...:-[

Only God can save His house...which is your mosque! Maybe he'll send someone to make the mosque holier again! Maybe it's YOU! Amin!

Nawal89
07-21-2008, 04:30 AM
ur masjid sadly sounds like a hang out place. But sadly its still a real masjid. It was built with the intention of making salatul jamaa3ah right? Dont go to it often if you dont have to.

Sis/Bro- i dont know which one are you, You say that the teachers in yoru masjid are stupid racist, but did you know the way you talk is also very racist? Also It would be nice if you could use....nicer language. " dumb as hell" and a thousand "craps" is really irritating to read after a while.

BlissfullyJaded
07-21-2008, 05:00 AM

The masjids are a reflection of the people. Unfortunately, yes, there are a lot of masjids where boys and girls meet up, where people stay after salaah till late just to gossip, where the worldly matters take preference over the hereafter. But that's the lives people live. They live for this world, and they don't know what respect to a masjid means. All they care about is the worldly aspect of the masjid, wanting it to be beautiful and amazing to look at, but not for the sake of worshipping in it...

But are all masjids like that? No. As much as things seem awful in the US, there are things improving alhamdulillah. The masjids which aren't totally corrupt might not be totally perfect, but they are at least trying. If there are other masjids in your locality, go and give them a try. InshaAllah you might find some place better. If not, that's kinda the point where it's better to stay home than go there...

truemuslim
07-21-2008, 05:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Erm... I rest my case...:-[

Only God can save His house...which is your mosque! Maybe he'll send someone to make the mosque holier again! Maybe it's YOU! Amin!
lol. You know this masjid always gets people shootin at it. and you know what else? I wouldnt be surprised if its people from the masjid that do it...its not tho..but if it is, i wouldnt be surprised. Like converts come to it to learn about islam, and like they like go questioning muslims asking them stuff and they just walk away from them with a cruel look! :raging::cry: stupid stupid peple so stupid stupid shamelessly stupid and stupid and stupid and cruel and stuuupid!! Then they come to moi :D the one wita smile:D ok well actually i go to them sometimes. but yah. and they ask me stuff, and tell me stuff like that theyr so happy to come to islam, and they like got a beautiful tears everywhere from happines of converting to islam, but nobody in the masjid cares! WHY??
oh and at the last part. psh yah right, i cant do nothing. u kno some people wanna start fights in the masjid when u tell em stuff. like they hate it when u help em or something. and once this one girl comes up to me and says " i hate praying, its so gay" and i try and give her a nasiha in a KIND way and she totally jumps at me im like "chill yo chill!" i swear like half them wanna start real fights, but nobody wanna do that in a masjid. (otherwise SOMMMEBODY would be layin ina hospital right now :D k not really im not that mean)

format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
ur masjid sadly sounds like a hang out place. But sadly its still a real masjid. It was built with the intention of making salatul jamaa3ah right? Dont go to it often if you dont have to.

Sis/Bro- i dont know which one are you, You say that the teachers in yoru masjid are stupid racist, but did you know the way you talk is also very racist? Also It would be nice if you could use....nicer language. " dumb as hell" and a thousand "craps" is really irritating to read after a while.

Or maybe it was built so the losers can earn $200 a month for sunday school or saturday school! Yah i kno i dont go to it. thank god my parents couldnt afford us going to the sunday school anymore :statisfie:statisfie

Im a sis. and no i wasnt being racist, im saying that theey hire peple who dont know islam and they make em teach us stuff, you know even half of them ARENT MUSLIMS. :cry:
lol. sorry :-[ i got a bad mouth. buh hey i told yall im a bad as hell muslim...as in im bad at being a muslim :(

I wish they could have good masjids here. when i could (if i could) i would build a TRUE ISLAMIC masjid with bricks and pine leaves. NO SPORTS PLACE. NO CAFETERIA. NO OFFICES. NO CLASSES. NO LIBRARY. NO COMPUTER ROOMS. NO PLAYGROUND. NOthing but prayer rooms. thats the old type of masjids, the TRUE type of masjids that have been buried under the dirt of american culture:cry:

truemuslim
07-21-2008, 05:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

The masjids are a reflection of the people. Unfortunately, yes, there are a lot of masjids where boys and girls meet up, where people stay after salaah till late just to gossip, where the worldly matters take preference over the hereafter. But that's the lives people live. They live for this world, and they don't know what respect to a masjid means. All they care about is the worldly aspect of the masjid, wanting it to be beautiful and amazing to look at, but not for the sake of worshipping in it...

But are all masjids like that? No. As much as things seem awful in the US, there are things improving alhamdulillah. The masjids which aren't totally corrupt might not be totally perfect, but they are at least trying. If there are other masjids in your locality, go and give them a try. InshaAllah you might find some place better. If not, that's kinda the point where it's better to stay home than go there...
:statisfie
yes i know. The closest masjid to us thats ALMOST ALMOST ALMOOST a lil bit kwl and halal is liek an hour away i guess. Oh well. nobody in my fam prays jumah, nobody in my fam prays taraweeh, AND i dont go to loser sunday skool no more so i dont go to the masjid period :statisfie:statisfie gosh i never ever thoguht i would be happy about that:raging:

BlackMamba
07-21-2008, 05:10 AM
You can look at it both ways. Maybe the people in it are not angels but at least theyre in the Masjid. Theres a millions of things so haram to do in the USA at least theyre spending there time in the Mosque. It seems like ur Mosque got part of the picture right. B/c about 50% of muslims are between the ages 5-18. This means that over 50% of the Mosques spending should be on teenagers, they need to find way to keep them in the Mosque n outta trouble.
Now I dont know what to say about the Shaikh checking out the ladies and the guys blasting Music and the school being bad. So mayb your Mosque has part of the picture correct but needs Alot of help in the other part.
You should go to the board of directors of the Masjid and tell them all the things they are doing right and then tell them the bad parts, and how to fix them. If you cant talk to them in person, then at least write a letter or tell ur dad/brother to talk to them. Because it seems that your Masjid can still be saved, i mean at least the youth still come to the Masjid

truemuslim
07-21-2008, 05:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
You can look at it both ways. Maybe the people in it are not angels but at least theyre in the Masjid. Theres a millions of things so haram to do in the USA at least theyre spending there time in the Mosque. It seems like ur Mosque got part of the picture right. B/c about 50% of muslims are between the ages 5-18. This means that over 50% of the Mosques spending should be on teenagers, they need to find way to keep them in the Mosque n outta trouble.
Now I dont know what to say about the Shaikh checking out the ladies and the guys blasting Music and the school being bad. So mayb your Mosque has part of the picture correct but needs Alot of help in the other part.
You should go to the board of directors of the Masjid and tell them all the things they are doing right and then tell them the bad parts, and how to fix them. If you cant talk to them in person, then at least write a letter or tell ur dad/brother to talk to them. Because it seems that your Masjid can still be saved, i mean at least the youth still come to the Masjid

Yes i know, thats exactly what i thought. then when i asked some sisters why they go to the masjid, they say to meet up with friends, "partay" with music, and play sports. im jus like :-[hehehehe no seriously. what about the praying? they said its boring. its stupid. its useless. nobody does it. bla bla bla. :cry: thats the part when u try nd talk to em, then walk away before u turn into them, coz i swear the god its like devils in a masjid!! omg astaghfirallah but seriously! like i dont dare to bring my ipod to the masjid, coz im afraid i would lissen to music, then they turn up music and i LIKE to lissen to it :enough!:. so that just makes my music crap even worse! I even asked an imam if music was haram, he said a bunch of bulllll and i thoguht it was ok then.
and there is adults there, they dont care about whats going on though. Even the board of directors people dont care, i tried and tell em stuff about stuff and they like "i cant help it" and im like "??? arent u in total control??" they like " :rollseyes go back to class" and since the school is so unorganized i walked outside instead. they so piss me off i swear
and my dad and brothers dont do nothing. they dont pray jum'ah wat makes u think they gonna care about what the hell is goin on in the "masjid" ? besides i tell them, me and my brothers just sit there making fun of them! :-[:raging: but do nothing. its "the art of complaining" liek baba ali says.
if i was a guy i would do something :p coz then they fear meh :rollseyes. and if i was like 18+:statisfie

BlissfullyJaded
07-21-2008, 05:23 AM

Ah wow. That's scary. May Allah guide them. Ameen.

Until a better option opens for you sis, just stay away. And you're not a bad Muslim. At least you are aware of the wrongs and you're not partaking in it and you're trying to change for the better alhamdulillah. <3

aminahjaan
07-21-2008, 07:19 AM
Yes i know, thats exactly what i thought. then when i asked some sisters why they go to the masjid, they say to meet up with friends, "partay" with music, and play sports. im jus like :-[hehehehe no seriously. what about the praying? they said its boring. its stupid. its useless. nobody does it. bla bla bla. :cry: thats the part when u try nd talk to em, then walk away before u turn into them, coz i swear the god its like devils in a masjid!! omg astaghfirallah but seriously! like i dont dare to bring my ipod to the masjid, coz im afraid i would lissen to music, then they turn up music and i LIKE to lissen to it :enough!:. so that just makes my music crap even worse! I even asked an imam if music was haram, he said a bunch of bulllll and i thoguht it was ok then.
and there is adults there, they dont care about whats going on though. Even the board of directors people dont care, i tried and tell em stuff about stuff and they like "i cant help it" and im like "??? arent u in total control??" they like " :rollseyes go back to class" and since the school is so unorganized i walked outside instead. they so piss me off i swear
and my dad and brothers dont do nothing. they dont pray jum'ah wat makes u think they gonna care about what the hell is goin on in the "masjid" ? besides i tell them, me and my brothers just sit there making fun of them! :-[:raging: but do nothing. its "the art of complaining" liek baba ali says.
if i was a guy i would do something :p coz then they fear meh :rollseyes. and if i was like 18+:statisfie
PFTTTT WHAT?
They do that?
Dude my masjid is SO different.
Like all I do there is teach annoying little kids with my friends.. haha
But usually we know everything about everyone. The Sheikhs interact with the students...they care..
But maybe because the masjid you go to seems really big
I mean Basket Ball court
Cafeteria...
It does seem pretty appealing and might take your mind off of praying and stuff...
But bring the issue up with your parents...or with someone in charge lol
or try to get someone who agrees with you...and take charge
Nothing like that happens here...
but try workin somehting out

truemuslim
07-21-2008, 03:13 PM
PFTTTT WHAT?
They do that?
Dude my masjid is SO different.
lol lucky :p

Like all I do there is teach annoying little kids with my friends.. haha
But usually we know everything about everyone. The Sheikhs interact with the students...they care..
yah ya kno, once when i used to go to sunday school there, i decided to take a "walk" around the skool , during class (since nobody cares...tis all bout the $$) and i walked into a first grade or kindergarten class (coudlnt tell which one) and there were alphabets on the board, and the kids start tellin me "are we gonna learn those?" and lol ok see the teacher werent there so they thought i was the teacher, and im like "umm...what were u learning ?" and they like "no we havent learned, all this year we play "heads up 7's up" " and im like omg ur kidding. so the teachers get paid for playing games with kids...:raging:

But maybe because the masjid you go to seems really big
I mean Basket Ball court
Cafeteria...
It does seem pretty appealing and might take your mind off of praying and stuff...
no it was all kwl. THEN they added this crap for the school, and peopel were addicted to it, and more people came (not to pray) and they had to make it bigger, and bigger and more "better" . and emm...more...expensive for the thing u gotta pay for.
You know, last year they had a "improvement plan" that would be completed this spring . and they completed it, and when we go to teh masjid, i see NO difference, then i go outside and see a tennis court, soccor field, better basketball hoops, INA COURT, bigger playground, and im like :eek: ina masjid?????

But bring the issue up with your parents...or with someone in charge lol
or try to get someone who agrees with you...and take charge
:p not in this country, in this century.

Nothing like that happens here...
but try workin somehting out
sit home and watch people sin is best. :D actually the only choice pretty much :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.