/* */

PDA

View Full Version : lil early or waay too late??

truemuslim
07-20-2008, 03:13 AM
assalamu alaikum warahmatullah wa barakatu.

ok well..
you see i dont get sleepy or fall asleep until like 3:00-3:30 am. and fajr prayer is at like 4:20 am. and obviously i doo nooot wanna miss fajr prayer.
so for me its either 1 hour early, or 8 hours late, for fajr prayer, does any way even count? :embarrass
well... i cant set alarm clock, tis so annoying and remind me of school, besides if i sleep and set the clock to wake me up in an hour, i am NOT gonna be able to wake up, and i cant sleep early, coz its...emm...i just cant!

Sooo which prayer actually counts? Very late, or a lil early?

it was easier when fajr was at like 5:30 :p

Jazakllah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ayan333
07-20-2008, 04:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
assalamu alaikum warahmatullah wa barakatu.

ok well..
you see i dont get sleepy or fall asleep until like 3:00-3:30 am. and fajr prayer is at like 4:20 am. and obviously i doo nooot wanna miss fajr prayer.
so for me its either 1 hour early, or 8 hours late, for fajr prayer, does any way even count? :embarrass
well... i cant set alarm clock, tis so annoying and remind me of school, besides if i sleep and set the clock to wake me up in an hour, i am NOT gonna be able to wake up, and i cant sleep early, coz its...emm...i just cant!

Sooo which prayer actually counts? Very late, or a lil early?

it was easier when fajr was at like 5:30 :p

Jazakllah khair

Sufficient it is for me to praise Allah and supplicate Him for peace on those servants of His whom he has chosen

:sl:
wow 4:20...fajr here in atlanta is 5:21 although i usually get up at before or by 4,idk y but i do,i usually have to wake up at 5 during the school year cuz high school starts so early here Alaxmdulilah though,other wise i would probably have much more late Prayers....I dnt no wut to tell you sister...every salat has its fixed time,not early nor late....im pretty sure what ever is keeping you up at night and causing you to miss Fajr is not as important as Prayer...

Our Prophet (sallallaahu-alaihi-wasallam) is our exemplar who provided the best example in spending long hours of the night in prayer and waking intime for Fajr Prayer. This record was authentically known of him both in his teachings and his living example as he did not like sleeping before Ishaa [night] Prayer and discouraged his followers from useless talk after it. In this he was followed by his companions and all the muslims up to a time not very far from our own days. They knew the reasons which cause laziness and lessen motivation to observe prayers in time (be such prayers Fard [obligatory] or Nafla [optional] and warned people against them so much that some of them are reported to have said: "If you are unable to pray at night, then that is a clear sign that your sins have shackled you and deprived you of good deeds". Al-Hasan al-Basri was once asked: "Why is it that we cannot uphold prayers at night?" He answered: "You are shackled in your own sins".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCHhjaoW3mE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-mM4EGc9jM

Allah, the Most High and Exalted, is the Provider of success and assistance. Peace and Blessings be upon Prophet Muhammed, his household and followers.

------
07-20-2008, 09:31 AM
:salamext:

Isha should be read late and Fajr should be read Early. (Maybe someone can provide source inshaAllaah, am in a hurry x)

Souljette
07-20-2008, 11:00 AM
In dubai it's 4:20 am as well..You need to make a habit of sleeping early..around 11 that way you'll be able to wake up at 4:20ish ...if you can't sleep ..find out why you can't...maybe during the day you don't really do much which is why your not tired enuff to feel sleepy..if thats the case..find someting to tire yourself out..if that's not the case then leave the quran on and go to sleep and count sheeps until you fall asleep..thats what i do eehehe..

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tania
07-20-2008, 11:10 AM
You should be more careful with your health. To be healthy a human must sleep around 7 -8 hours/night. In your case i can't figure out how can you manage to sleep so long when you go to sleep at 3.30am :? :hmm:

From 4.30 - upto lets 7 are 2.30 hours + 1 hour before = 3.30 hours/night.

Al-Zaara
07-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Selam aleykum,

Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, “And if they only knew what was in the prayers of ‘Isha’ and Subh [fajr], they would come to them even if they had to crawl.” [Agreed upon]

Abu Zuhayr ‘Umara ibn Ruwayba said, “I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, ‘No one who used to pray before the rising of the sun and before its setting will enter the Fire,‘ meaning Fajr and ‘Asr.” [Muslim]

According to a rigorously authenticated (sahih) hadith: Whoever prays al-Bardayn will enter Paradise. (Reported by al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, 2/52). Al-Bardayn are Fajr and ‘Asr.)

[source]
You really have to make an habit of sleeping a bit earlier. It's not OK for someone so young (or even adult, if not work-related!) to go to sleep around 3:00-3:30 am. What stops you from sleeping early? Are you online at night or watching TV? You must stop that, it breaks your sleeping habits. Check what you eat aswell, junk food and stuff ain't good, drink many glasses of water during the day.

And even though you continue like this, c'mon, it's less than an hour/or a bit over an hour you gotta wait... Surely you could manage that for the benefits mentioned in the above hadiths.

You should first and foremost insert the will and intention to not miss Fajr prayer in your heart. With enough will-power, you can manage almost anything.

And actually, what I sometimes do, is wake-up without alarm clock. I make dua to Allah to make me wake-up for Fajr, I read Ayatul Kursi, Al-Fatiha and such, and the time I have to pray I set in my memory and subhanAllah, everytime I do this I really wake-up without any trouble and even a few minutes before the time.
You gotta always make a strong intention.

truemuslim
07-20-2008, 07:49 PM
i CANT sleep earlier. i turn up music and sit there thinking about "stuff" that time when everyone is asleep and i finally get to be all alone. i do night prayers, then be late for fajr.
besides who doesnt sleep late and wake up late nowadays ? :p SCHOOLS OVER.

Jazakallah khair sisters

btw i do wake up for fajr SOMETIMES. when i wake up without an alarm clock..my "heart" wakes me up :p but i dont wake up then to pray. :( yah see what kind of truemuslim i am :(

Umu 'Isa
07-21-2008, 01:26 AM
If you are sleeping late and not getting up for fajr, then you HAVE to sleep earlier if it means you will get up in time. "You CANT sleep earlier," is not really a good enough excuse.

What will you say to Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala on yawm al qiyaamah? Think about it sis :)

may Allaah (swt) make it easy for you ameen

truemuslim
07-21-2008, 02:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umu 'Isa
If you are sleeping late and not getting up for fajr, then you HAVE to sleep earlier if it means you will get up in time. "You CANT sleep earlier," is not really a good enough excuse.

What will you say to Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala on yawm al qiyaamah? Think about it sis :)

may Allaah (swt) make it easy for you ameen
:-[ hehe i kno
well its me. everyone knows me. im the worst muslim possible. i can't sleep earlier, i tried goin to sleep at like 1am and sat there rolling and thinking and thinking and thinking and thinking and !! then i realize its 4am already :( and even worse, the thing i sit there "thinking and thinking" about are questions about islam. like doubt questoins. :( yah my faith is totally gooone. :-[:-[:-[:cry:

Na7lah
07-21-2008, 02:20 AM
i hav the same prob as u lol i can't fall asleep till around three AM but i use an alarm clock, its soo annoyin but its worth it

think bout the ajr ur missin out on

truemuslim
07-23-2008, 08:32 AM
ah nevermind i found out the best solution.

right now i betta go pray fajr...now i think u kno what the solution is :p

keep myself busy on LI instead of music and i drink tons of coke , until 4:30 and then go pray fajr and then bed...if i can fall asleep...emm...ok i dunno how i manage to stay awake during the day...oh wait no i save it for when school starts, then i sleep all i want :p

ohhh gotta huge headache now tho, i feel my head gna explode! :scared:
oh well its worth the ajr!

edit: ok very smart of me, now im too sleepy and headachy and lazy to pray :( ...time for plan C :p

*thinks of something to make be plan C, and looks at someone for an answer!!*

TrueStranger
07-23-2008, 08:55 AM

How can l sleep with ease in my bed when I don’t know if I will sleep comfortably in my grave? I rather stay awake night after night in the hopes that Allah will have mercy on me and allow me to sleep peacefully in my grave.

Sleep gives me a since of comfort simply because I know I am not sinning when I am sleeping, but sleep makes a person forgetful, and more relaxed, your shield is on the floor, and you are defenseless, you aren’t consciously aware, and carelessness creeps into your conscious. I mostly dislike sleeping too long at night, but I take afternoon naps.

I won’t be able to feel the true essence of “sleep” till I “sleep” comfortably in my grave, and till then I would have to keep one eye open, and rest, not sleep, but rest for the sake of my health and to keep my sanity.

:w:

Tania
07-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Plan C must contain less coke because its not good for health :p

truemuslim
07-24-2008, 03:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
Plan C must contain less coke because its not good for health :p

lol its COKE.
its good for your health silly sista!
I mean cmon, i drink so much a day to keep me awake (considering i dont sleep till 5am) so i cannot live without it :p mayb
and btw im immune to getin sick, last time ANYONE KNEW that i got sick was like 5 yrs ago :D

now cmon serioulsy

what is plan C??

BlackMamba
07-24-2008, 03:51 AM
If ur going to sleep at 3:30 then you should wait for Fajr. Thats what I used to do earlier this summer and then I started sleeping at a normal time like 11pm so I was able to have a 5-6 hour sleep before Fajr. But now I'm starting to fall back into that bad habit again of sleeping very late so I might just start waiting for Farj time to come at 4:15am. But it is a very bad habit and I hate doing it. But I know if I go to sleep at like 3am, theres NO way im getting up for Fajr.

truemuslim
07-24-2008, 06:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
If ur going to sleep at 3:30 then you should wait for Fajr. Thats what I used to do earlier this summer and then I started sleeping at a normal time like 11pm so I was able to have a 5-6 hour sleep before Fajr. But now I'm starting to fall back into that bad habit again of sleeping very late so I might just start waiting for Farj time to come at 4:15am. But it is a very bad habit and I hate doing it. But I know if I go to sleep at like 3am, theres NO way im getting up for Fajr.
yeh i kno, i do wait for fajr right now , but its very hard to deal with the day then. :(

Tania
07-25-2008, 04:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
..time for plan C :p

*thinks of something to make be plan C, and looks at someone for an answer!!*
You said plan C :-[ What about hard exercises in the evening, without coke from 6pm. May be you will can fall asleep earlier.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.