/* */

PDA

View Full Version : sisterssss!

AnonymousPoster
07-20-2008, 04:37 AM
:sl:

This question is for SISTERS. Sisters, when you can't touch the quran or pray, are you allowed to recite/hafaz quran? Also, if there is a book that has some ayat from the quran but its not really quran, are you allowed to touch that?
What are the forbidden things?
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ayan333
07-20-2008, 12:22 PM

ive been wanted to know the samething for a while...i usually get a different answer...i was recently told if your studing to be Hafaz or in my case i have i take classes on the weekends were i have to go and memorize so so pages,line or ayats...i really am comfused...can same one of knowldge plz help

shukran in advance

AnonymousPoster
07-20-2008, 06:42 PM
You can recite of from memory.

You can touch the translation of the Quran or read a book about Islaam,

As for you course sister#2, you can still memorise the ayah's by asking another sister to turn the pages for you,

-Anon2

AnonymousPoster
07-20-2008, 06:45 PM
& There is no sin on the woman who is menstruating or bleeding after childbirth if she reads books of Tafseer or even if she reads Qur’aan without touching the Mus-haf, according to the more correct of the two scholarly opinions - sheikh Ibn baaz,

try this

Anon2

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
07-20-2008, 06:52 PM

According to what I've heard in a lecture by Sheikh Yasir Qadhi, there is an opinion, where if a woman regularly reads a page a day and then the time of month comes she can continue her habit of reading a page a day. But she cannot decide during that time to read more than her usual habit.

Anon # 3

S_87
07-20-2008, 06:53 PM
whats with all the anonymous genders :?

AnonymousPoster
07-20-2008, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
whats with all the anonymous genders :?
Pssst! Sisters, lets all jump this one, shes not part of the anon crew! :okay:

Anon101

AnonymousPoster
07-20-2008, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

According to what I've heard in a lecture by Sheikh Yasir Qadhi, there is an opinion, where if a woman regularly reads a page a day and then the time of month comes she can continue her habit of reading a page a day. But she cannot decide during that time to read more than her usual habit.

Anon # 3
Hmm Sheikh Yasir Qadhi, hmmm now that is questionable,

How can this be? if she is in a state of impurity?

Also haven't the scholars of Islaam declared takfeer on him?

Wa Allahu alim

Anon7

Uthman
07-20-2008, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Hmm Sheikh Yasir Qadhi, hmmm now that is questionable,

How can this be? if she is in a state of impurity?

Also haven't the scholars of Islaam declared takfeer on him?
On Sheikh Yasir Qadhi?! No way! He's one of my favourite scholars!

AnonymousPoster
07-20-2008, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
On Sheikh Yasir Qadhi?! No way! He's one of my favourite scholars!
Allahu Alim I did say,

Brother Osman, what part of SISTERS don't you understand, shoo :thumbs_do

Anon564784

S_87
07-20-2008, 08:55 PM
^^ looooool

takfeer? are you sure? on what grounds? :?

from the four imams of fiqh, they had a difference of opinion. Imam abu hanifa and i ithink shafi? were of the opinion its not allowed, except incases where ur making dua. Imam Ahmed and malik were of opinion its fine.

Today even the scholars are split- there were scholars like sheikh ibn baz that were of opinion its allowed, and scholars like sheikh ibn uthaimin that said its better not to.

and anon101 if you jump on me its fine, im well covered :p

AnonymousPoster
07-21-2008, 04:21 AM
OP:

hey why would any brother click a link that says "sisterssss" ?
This is when the sisters section comes in handy.
And I'm using this account because I DON'T want everyone to know about MY SISTER things. :-[
And Jazakallah khair for your answers.
Also, about the Sheikh Yasir Qadhi takfeer, how dare they! He's like the best dude ever! I don't know wether to believe what he said or not though. :-[

BlissfullyJaded
07-21-2008, 04:42 AM

lol @ the replies.

Yassir Qadhi co-authored a pact which calls for unity and respect amongst the Sunni Ulama, and it was signed by Zaid Shakir, Suhaib Webb, and many other Sufi ulaama here in the North America. His ustadhs at Madeenah uni are amongst those accusing him and those who were part of the pact of polluting the Salafi manhaj. I don't know whether they have actually made takfeer, but I do know they have defamed him in a big way, which is really sad. I have read how and why he did this, and I have to say that I agree with his position over theirs.

Back to the question, I think the others have answered it. There's a difference of opinion on reciting from memory, and it depends on what school of thought you follow. Imaam Abu Haneefah and Imaam Shaafi (Rahimahullah) believed you cannot read or touch the Quran. I know for sure in the Hanafee madhab, you can still read duas from the Quraan, like the Rabbana, and if you read Surah Fatiha from the perspective of it being a dua and not just for the sake of reading it.

Check this out also...
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/2564/

AnonymousPoster
07-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Jazakallah khair sis :)

ayan333
07-21-2008, 08:32 PM

Jazakallah khair sis...so if there is a Qu;ran with both the arabic txt and english translation u can stil touch it right?

o and about the sisters section,i tryed going there but i wasnt able to,it kept rejecting me...i ws told you had to have 100 post or so n now i do but it still doesnt work..any one have a answer to that?

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-22-2008, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

lol @ the replies.

Yassir Qadhi co-authored a pact which calls for unity and respect amongst the Sunni Ulama, and it was signed by Zaid Shakir, Suhaib Webb, and many other Sufi ulaama here in the North America. His ustadhs at Madeenah uni are amongst those accusing him and those who were part of the pact of polluting the Salafi manhaj. I don't know whether they have actually made takfeer, but I do know they have defamed him in a big way, which is really sad. I have read how and why he did this, and I have to say that I agree with his position over theirs.
Ok I didnt know that, where can I read more about this? and does this mean LI wont allow anything said by Yassir Qadhi aswell now?

07-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Hmm this is getting weird, suddenly the good scholars are going down down down! Or are they? You know before you believe everything you should really check it out because a lot of the time it is the kuffaar who spread things.

When a person comes so close to Allah that the shaytan can't affect him anymore, then he usually reverts to doing whatever there is left to do- ruin their reputation so that others don't benefit from their teachings.

I'm not saying this is the case here (or isn't) but I know it's happening around the place. Like if any of you have heard of Dr Farhat Hashmi? She has held a lot of tafseer courses for sisters mashaallaah, but then we heard some weird stuff going around about her eg that she plucks her eyebrows and she has weird opinions. So we checked it all out and realised that it's all a bunch of lies.

back on topic: I think it's ok to read the Qur'an if you have been doing so regularly. Or if you are a teacher for example you can't take a break every month for a week and neither can the students otherwise things are going to go reallll slow. Allahu a3lam thats my opinion.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!