/* */

PDA

View Full Version : being a sensitive person

anonymous
07-20-2008, 12:15 PM
:sl:
im like the perfect definition of that^ and don't know what to do. whenever someone i love and respect eg sister, etc tells me off for doing something wrong, it just really affects me. it makes me feel sad on the inside and the other person thinks that they've dome somehting wroing, when its really me :( and also im worried that my behaviour may make them think twice about advicing me, since theyll realise that it hurts me.

how do i toughen up?! imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Israa
07-20-2008, 06:18 PM
around 2 years ago i used to think of myself as an extremely sensitive person and i knew i needed to toughen up so i did what i thought was for the best and took whatever people said to me not as an offence or anything but before i knew peeps would say stuff that would hurt anyone and excuse it as 'ur just being sensitive'. i knw i had to balance things out, sister i cant tell u what the magic formula to get rid of being extremely sensitive is but next time people advice you jus think about it twice i.e. would their comment hurt some else (e.g. someone u look up to) i know comparing urself to others sounds silly but if other ordinary people dont find it hurtful u should evaluate why u find it so hurtful. Also if the advice they are given you is advice that has been given to you on other numorous accounts by others then maybe u should take it on board or atleast think about. Anyways sister dont toughen urself up to the point people can say anything to u and step all over u (talking from experience here). anyways sis good luck with the toughen up, who knws maybe u looking into things too much u might not be as sensitive as u actually think.

anonymous
07-22-2008, 09:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Israa
i thought was for the best and took whatever people said to me not as an offence or anything
i dont actually take offence to it. i dno really what to call it. but when someone tells me off i just feel it heavy on the heart, and become self absorbed in hurt :embarrass its weird :muddlehea

nice advice either way.

Re.TiReD
07-22-2008, 02:49 PM
:salamext: My Little Fishter....:D

Humm....Hmmm....Hrmmmm....Hmmmm....lol just doing that for effect, sorry :embarrass :D

Basically sis, you're a little sensitive Fish and its good to have a soft heart and that and I guess its natural to feel a lil sad when sum1 you look upto tells you off since you wanna please em and make em proud etc etc innay? But fing is you gotta try get over it real quick else they all guna call you wimpy :cry: :(

Lol am kiddin, sorry hun :embarrass I dont have any real advice to give cept how would u feel each time somebody advised you and they got all hurt? You'd like to feel as though your naseehah was helping them right? And not making them feel unhappy? Its same for the people you look up to, they just advising you for your betterment and cuz they Loooov you...

Yeah I know ppl are diff and some are more sensitive than others....But next time maybe make Du'aa for Allah (swt) to make you content with the advice others give you. May Allah (swt) perfect your Imaan and character sis. Ameen.!

:wasalamex

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Brother_Mujahid
07-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Stop thinking what the concequences of your actions will be and speak your mind. it some times helps to discuss things with others or letting yourr opinions being heard.

Just try not letting anything get you bogged down and make you feel 'low/sad/depressed'

i find a self ignore system upgrade might help, rather than going for the toughen up.... you could try them both for a trial period during the 14 day guarntee and try before you buy period.

Then upload which ever you feel best works for YOURSELF. :coolalien

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-22-2008, 10:12 PM
We're all sensitive in one way or another, being over sensitive can work against you and I think it is what causes some people tp get depressed n all.

Just take it easy dont worry about being too sensitive because thats being too sensitive.

MaiCarInMtl
07-23-2008, 06:30 PM
I can relate to you in a certain way. I am hypersensitive to people's comments and teasing whether it be negative or positive. I take way too many things personally, beat myself up about what the person said (ie: you're so stupid, what's wrong with you, you should've known better, etc). After I'm done beating myself about it for a few minutes, it often turns to anger and resentment towards the person. It's a horrible cycle that eats away at many things such as self-esteem, relationships with others, self-worth and self-control.

A lot of it is actually overthinking. If you find yourself repeating what the person said in your head or you start analyzing, simply tell yourself to stop and that you'll think about it later. Often simply putting it off really helps and when you get around to it later, you find you really don't care anymore and just move on.

I don't know if it's your case, but you might want to find a way to raise your self-esteem (this is my case). Often I look for external validation so any little hickup in the road really affects me. You have to be confident enough not to let things bother you. Just take it as is and move on to something else. Come back to it later when you can be more objective. about what was said.

That's all the advice I can give to you at the moment. I hope it helps.

anonymous
07-25-2008, 09:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MaiCarInMtl
I can relate to you in a certain way. I am hypersensitive to people's comments and teasing whether it be negative or positive.

I take way too many things personally, beat myself up about what the person said (ie: you're so stupid, what's wrong with you, you should've known better, etc). After I'm done beating myself about it for a few minutes, it often turns to anger and resentment towards the person. It's a horrible cycle that eats away at many things such as self-esteem, relationships with others, self-worth and self-control.

A lot of it is actually overthinking. If you find yourself repeating what the person said in your head or you start analyzing, simply tell yourself to stop and that you'll think about it later. Often simply putting it off really helps and when you get around to it later, you find you really don't care anymore and just move on.

I don't know if it's your case, but you might want to find a way to raise your self-esteem (this is my case). Often I look for external validation so any little hickup in the road really affects me. You have to be confident enough not to let things bother you. Just take it as is and move on to something else. Come back to it later when you can be more objective. about what was said.

That's all the advice I can give to you at the moment. I hope it helps.
^that was good advice.
jazakallahu khair all:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.