/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The true cost of war.

Woodrow
07-20-2008, 07:20 PM
War is very expensive and carries a very high price tag all people on all sides. This is just one story, can we as humans afford the cost of war?

Soldier in famous photo never defeated 'demons' By ALLEN G. BREED and KEVIN MAURER, Associated Press Writers
1 hour, 41 minutes ago

PINEHURST, N.C. - Officers had been to the white ranch house at 560 W. Longleaf many times before over the past year to respond to a "barricade situation." Each had ended uneventfully, with Joseph Dwyer coming out or telling police in a calm voice through the window that he was OK.

But this time was different.

For the story go here:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/military_the_enemy_within

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
07-20-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm sure there are many more stories like this one. When soldiers return from war they never actually "recover". Some are able to deal with it in one way or another, and some just can't seem to. I've known alot of Vietnam veterans in my lifetime and many of them had these same sort of problems. Its one of the many costs of war that many people don't think about.

Uthman
07-22-2008, 08:12 AM
That's horrible. I'm not sure what else to say. It's just horrible.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.