/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Make Me a Christian

Uthman
07-20-2008, 09:13 PM
C4, Sundays 10, 17 and 24 August 2008 at 7pm

Would a return to a more ‘Christian’ way of life halt the country’s moral decline? The Reverend George Hargreaves and his team of mentors would like to find out. Can they teach a group of non-Christians the ways of the Bible and assure the British public that a return to Christian values can save the country from itself?

In this three-part series, a group of volunteers from Leeds in West Yorkshire give up their normal lives and attempt to live like Christians for three weeks. They’re a diverse bunch – there’s an atheist, a shopaholic, middle-class parents, a new Catholic convert and a practising Muslim.

Relieved of their ungodly possessions, the volunteers have their appearances transformed to learn humility, are sent on a Christian retreat and attend regular Bible classes. Can they embrace Christian ideals and learn to live in a different way or will the charms of their old lives prove just too strong to resist…?

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Whatsthepoint
07-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Is this a spin-off to Make me a Muslim?

Brother_Mujahid
07-20-2008, 09:23 PM
why on earth would any practicing muslim go do something like that..

unless he/shes a person with a plan like batman.

na na na nanan batman fatman.... splat splodge. the end.

Uthman
07-20-2008, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
I would imagine so, yes. That seems likely.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Whatsthepoint
07-20-2008, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
I would imagine so, yes. That seems likely.
How did that show end? Did any of the participants convert to Islam?

Uthman
07-20-2008, 09:49 PM
How did that show end? Did any of the participants convert to Islam?
Nobody actually converted, but the gay one said that he was seriously considering converting. I think it was quite a good show, overall.

Maymunah
07-20-2008, 09:57 PM
Why would any practising muslim take part in this.Does that mean they're going to stop their salah too???Audubillah.

aamirsaab
07-20-2008, 10:33 PM
:sl:
Perhaps the muslim is there to learn about it. Afterall, on make me a muslim we did have that angry aethiest (who seemingly hated the mere sight of a muslim!) - who's to say what reason HE signed up for that?!

I shall reserve judgement on this program though. Will be interesting to watch.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-21-2008, 10:26 AM
im watching make me a muslim on youtube now

its.... interesting :|

Simply_Logical
07-21-2008, 10:31 AM
thats what i first thought too! :)

Uthman
07-21-2008, 10:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
im watching make me a muslim on youtube now

its.... interesting :|
Haha...nice choice of words.

It is....interesting.

Ajmal Masroor is a beast (as in he's good).

IbnAbdulHakim
07-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Edit

bleh :-\

Khalisah
07-21-2008, 10:58 AM
I thought one girl did convert from the make me a muslim programme? Didnt she?...Is there anything which isnt available on youtube?...it seems that everything is possible on youtube..hmm..

IbnAbdulHakim
07-21-2008, 11:02 AM
^ which one?

Khalisah
07-21-2008, 11:12 AM
Which girl? I can't remember sorry, I watched it ages ago, but I thought one girl did convert?..Maybe I'm wrong.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-21-2008, 12:54 PM
you know whats amazing akhee

the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam ALONE reformed the hearts of thousands and these 4 imaams cant reform the heart of a single person despite all efforts...

now i know all guidance is from Allaah but the amount of patience and dedication required..

i mean you can see the imaams falling under pressure by these co-operative people so many times, yet the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam stayed strong against the biggest jaahils who were in power

just something to consider..

------
07-21-2008, 12:56 PM
:salamext:

^ He Sallallau Alayhi Wa Sallam was a Prophet bro...thats why.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.