PDA

View Full Version : I've returned to Christ



jmb272
07-20-2008, 10:11 PM
After only 4 days of becoming muslim and then having a "break" so to speak i've returned to my belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the trinity, i would like to remain on this forum though to discuss christianity with muslims that have questions about it.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Akmal786
07-20-2008, 10:16 PM
Salaam Brother,

Why do you beleive that Isa' Peace Be Upon Him, is the son of god?

Jazak Allah
Reply

Cabdullahi
07-20-2008, 10:19 PM
ok brother as you wish

[19.29] But she pointed to him. They said: How should we speak to one who was a child in the cradle?
[19.30] He said: Surely I am a servant of Allah; He has given me the Book and made me a prophet;
[19.31] And He has made me blessed wherever I may be, and He has enjoined on me prayer and poor-rate so long as I live;
[19.32] And dutiful to my mother, and He has not made me insolent, unblessed;
[19.33] And peace on me on the day I was born, and on the day I die, and on the day I am raised to life.
[19.34] Such is Isa, son of Marium; (this is) the saying of truth about which they dispute.
[19.35] It beseems not Allah that He should take to Himself a ! son, glory to be Him; when He has decreed a matter He only says to it "Be," and it is.
[19.36] And surely Allah is my Lord and your Lord, therefore serve Him; this is the right path.
[19.37] But parties from among them disagreed with each other, so woe to those who disbelieve, because of presence on a great
[19.38] How clearly shall they hear and how clearly shall they see on the day when they come to Us; but the unjust this day are in manifest error.

...............


[19.90] The heavens may almost be rent thereat, and the earth cleave asunder, and the mountains fall down in pieces,
[19.91] That they ascribe a son to the Beneficent God.
[19.92] And it is not worthy of the Beneficent God that He should take (to Himself) a son.
[19.93] There is no one in the heavens and the earth but will come to the Beneficent God as a servant.
Reply

'Abd-al Latif
07-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by jmb272
After only 4 days of becoming muslim and then having a "break" so to speak i've returned to my belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the trinity, i would like to remain on this forum though to discuss christianity with muslims that have questions about it.
"Surely, disbelievers are those who said: ‘Allah is the third of the three (in a Trinity).’ But there is no Ilaah (god) (none who has the right to be worshipped) but One Ilaah (God —Allah). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall on the disbelievers among them"

[al-Maa'idah 5:73]


Media Tags are no longer supported
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
jmb272
07-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Well because the only real encounters i've had with God are when i've prayed to him as or in the name of Jesus. Also bits in the Qur'an similar to the bible, the fact that the bible was about 500 years old when the Qur'an was aparently revealed to Mohammed, seems suspicious. I know in my heart that in Jesus i can rest assured i will not see eternal torment. When i pray to God, when i read the bible and really understand, i feel a great sense of peace and love that could only come from God.
Reply

Whatsthepoint
07-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Well, if you're convinced and happy all I can say is don't travel to Saudi Arabia as you're officially an apostate now.

I hope you didn't fake your conversion only to be able to return to Christ later.
Reply

Akmal786
07-20-2008, 10:29 PM
This doesnt tell me anything why Christians believe that Jesus is Gods son.

The Prophet Isa never once stated he was the son of god. He reitterated that he was only a servant, prophet.

He could do miracles yes, but that doesnt justify why he was the son of god. Hundreds of prophets came and done miracles but non were mentioned as the sonf of God.

It is a grave sin to associate partners with Allah.

He is One ! its says this in the bible in the quran torah. One. How can he have a son? when he is one? is jesus was his son that would make him God Like therefore not making God one.
Reply

Akmal786
07-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Brother, If you gave Islam a chance you would see that Allah gives peace in every action we muslims do, although we do not see it sometime, Reading Quran is one way of attaining peace, Praying in humilty 5 times a day and bowing down so many times a day gives another peace.

Peace that no other religion gives. Chritsians read a bible that has changed over the years. how can thats give you peace knowing the words have been changed?
Reply

Brother_Mujahid
07-20-2008, 10:34 PM
deep down your still lost and confused.

you'll find your way to the straight path again once your older, stronger and more able.

untill you reach that good luck.
Reply

aadil77
07-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by jmb272
Well because the only real encounters i've had with God are when i've prayed to him as or in the name of Jesus. Also bits in the Qur'an similar to the bible, the fact that the bible was about 500 years old when the Qur'an was aparently revealed to Mohammed, seems suspicious. I know in my heart that in Jesus i can rest assured i will not see eternal torment. When i pray to God, when i read the bible and really understand, i feel a great sense of peace and love that could only come from God.
yep this is a significant reason to why some people suddenly turn to christianity, they want the easy way out - a simple belief that somehow protects them from punishment not matter what the deed, and eventually let them attain paradise

I don't think its meant to be that easy - this life is a test, which requires a bit of effort to pass
Reply

Cabdullahi
07-20-2008, 10:44 PM
SUSPICION IN ISLAM IS WRONG but i knew it from the beginning that the conversion was a fake

the reason i say this is because of alil research i did on previous posts

this post shows great deal of joy from someone that is happy who found something to cling on
Originally Posted by jmb272
Lots of replies, i feel so welcome :)

Thanks everyone i love you all!

Most importantly i love Allah for loving me and showing me mercy when i needed it the most. Al Hamdulillah!
But the post below is very spontaneous and by reading the above post you'd never think in million years the same person would write the post below in the space of 2 DAYS maybe im wrong and he was a muslim but he got mentally out muscled by the shaitan who persuaded him that he is giving up his youth and lifestyle,allah know best

Originally Posted by jmb272
I've decided to take a break from religion.
I just want to enjoy my youth while i still have it, doing things what people of my age do.

bb for now.
Reply

jmb272
07-20-2008, 10:45 PM
I was sincere about Islam but deep down i still knew that Christianity is the truth. Verses such as the one that mentions the Holy Spirit, and Christians being people of the book only encouraged these deep down thoughts and feelings.

I would gladly go to Mecca and Preach the Gospel but it would be insensitive of me.
Reply

Whatsthepoint
07-20-2008, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by jmb272
I would gladly go to Mecca and Preach the Gospel but it would be insensitive of me.
No worries, Mecca is out of bounds for non-muslims.
Reply

Cabdullahi
07-20-2008, 10:51 PM
Your first post brother why are you playing around with us you clearly said christianity confused you,what happened!!

Originally Posted by jmb272
I was a Christian but Christianity just really confused me, eventually i became the same old sinner me but then i started watching videos about Islam on YouTube and from what i've heard Islam is the perfect religion.
Reply

Akmal786
07-20-2008, 10:52 PM
Brother,

I reall want to know what you would preach?

How would you preach to muslims who are the most content in their religion?

How much dawah do you see muslims trying to spread in the world? compared to how much preaching christianaty does.

Islam is the fastst growing relgion in the world and has been for many years now. why is this? think about it? despite all the negativity that the media brings upon Islam it allows islam to grow stronger. Why ?

I tell you why, becuase people go and look at islam and find out for themselves what islam teaches and after they edcate themselves they see that Islam really is true !

Allah is One. One means one. if you have a son you cant be one.

Christianity beleives in One god. explain why Jesus is gods son.
Reply

aadil77
07-20-2008, 10:53 PM
Atleast the brother is in the process of seeking knowledge otherwise he wouldn't have joined the forum, :thumbs_up

just keep reading around, you might have had that moment of truth when you decided to turn to islam but its not meant to be temporary, read thoroughly and discover the logic behind our beliefs and why they contradict some christian beliefs, don't fall for anything you might have heard, make sure everything makes sense to you before you take any action

good luck and remember to take your time:smile:
Reply

'Abd-al Latif
07-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by jmb272
I was sincere about Islam but deep down i still knew that Christianity is the truth. Verses such as the one that mentions the Holy Spirit, and Christians being people of the book only encouraged these deep down thoughts and feelings.

I would gladly go to Mecca and Preach the Gospel but it would be insensitive of me.
The holy spirit is gabrial (in arabic - Jibreel). The christians are the people of the book because it (gosipel) was revealed by Allah to Jesus but it was distorted by men through the passage of time. But there is still some essence of what Allah had originally revealed.

Now obviously you can't abide by a religion that has been distorted by man, so Allah sent His final Prophet to confirm what came before it (i.e. in the Torah and Gosipel) in the Qur'an and completed His favor upon mankind. Muhammad (saw) was sent to the whole world whereas Jesus and all other Prophets and Messengers were sent to a particular people.

To prove that there is still some truth in the bible can be proven by the words of Jesus, the Prophet of Allah, himself.

In the Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 7:

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

And in Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 12-14:

"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is come, he will guide you unto all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me".

This is what is said in your books and the 'Comforter' is Muhammad, hence why Allah says in the Qur'an about the Prophet who is mentioned in the scriptures of the Jews and Christians.

Allah says in the Qur'an:

"Those who follow the messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures),- in the law and the Gospel;- for he commands them what is just and forbids them what is evil; he allows them as lawful what is good (and pure) and prohibits them from what is bad (and impure); He releases them from their heavy burdens and from the yokes that are upon them. So it is those who believe in him, honour him, help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him,- it is they who will prosper."

[Surah Al Araf (The Heights) 7:157]

This is clearly talking about Prophet Muhammad, and the message that Islam convays is the same message that was convayed by Jesus, Moses and all other Prophets and Messengers.
Reply

jmb272
07-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Just because Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, doesn't make it the truth. Famine spreading throughout Africa doesn't nourish their hungry.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

"I am the way, the truth and the life. No-one comes to the father but by me". - John 4:16

Jesus himself said he is the way, the truth and the life.

The old testament speaks of someone who is coming. These prophets came from the God of Abraham who you also believe in so why do you refuse this belief.

My "Confusion" of christianity was not confusion but refusal to listen, i read the bible but i didn't not pay attention.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the WQord was God. He was with God in the beginning". - John 1:1-2.

Jesus is God.

"You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob for ever; his kingdom will never end. How will this be, Mary asked the angel, since i am a virgin? The angel answered, The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God." - Luke 1:31-35

Jesus is the Son of Man and the Son of God.

Also the fact that you have all turned sour towards me to me says that you have closed your minds and your hearts to any belief other than your own.
Reply

Mikayeel
07-20-2008, 11:11 PM
Hello brother jmb272, Do not worry no one has turned sour agianst u, well defo not me :)

Its ur decision, and I really do wish u the best of luck and I hope u find the truth u are seeking.

As mentioned before, do stay around by all means. We love to have member in this forum no matter what they are! Blue, black, yellow, white, red, japanese, muslim, christian :D

Take care
Reply

jmb272
07-20-2008, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by raOnar
Hello brother jmb272, Do not worry no one has turned sour agianst u, well defo not me :)

Its ur decision, and I really do wish u the best of luck and I hope u find the truth u are seeking.

As mentioned before, do stay around by all means. We love to have member in this forum no matter what they are! Blue, black, yellow, white, red, japanese, muslim, christian :D

Take care
Thanks ra0nar. That means alot.
Reply

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-20-2008, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by jmb272
After only 4 days of becoming muslim and then having a "break" so to speak i've returned to my belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the trinity, i would like to remain on this forum though to discuss christianity with muslims that have questions about it.
In 4 days you rejected christianity, accepted islam, rejected Islam, had a break andddddddd accepted christianity? hmmmm
Reply

jmb272
07-20-2008, 11:16 PM
Yeah Satan lied to me.. tricked me into believing one of the fastest growing lies in the world today. Thank God and Praise Jesus i've found my way back to the truth.
Reply

'Abd-al Latif
07-20-2008, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
The holy spirit is gabrial (in arabic - Jibreel). The christians are the people of the book because it (gosipel) was revealed by Allah to Jesus but it was distorted by men through the passage of time. But there is still some essence of what Allah had originally revealed.

Now obviously you can't abide by a religion that has been distorted by man, so Allah sent His final Prophet to confirm what came before it (i.e. in the Torah and Gosipel) in the Qur'an and completed His favor upon mankind. Muhammad (saw) was sent to the whole world whereas Jesus and all other Prophets and Messengers were sent to a particular people.

To prove that there is still some truth in the bible can be proven by the words of Jesus, the Prophet of Allah, himself.

In the Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 7:

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

And in Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 12-14:

"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is come, he will guide you unto all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me".

This is what is said in your books and the 'Comforter' is Muhammad, hence why Allah says in the Qur'an about the Prophet who is mentioned in the scriptures of the Jews and Christians.

Allah says in the Qur'an:

"Those who follow the messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures),- in the law and the Gospel;- for he commands them what is just and forbids them what is evil; he allows them as lawful what is good (and pure) and prohibits them from what is bad (and impure); He releases them from their heavy burdens and from the yokes that are upon them. So it is those who believe in him, honour him, help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him,- it is they who will prosper."

[Surah Al Araf (The Heights) 7:157]

This is clearly talking about Prophet Muhammad, and the message that Islam convays is the same message that was convayed by Jesus, Moses and all other Prophets and Messengers.
*Still waiting to hear something*
Reply

jmb272
07-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Well what can i say. I believe that the Qur'an is a lie, and that you've all been deceived. I believe the Bible from Genesis to Revelations to be the inspired word of God.

The holy spirit is the third part of the trinity, the comforter and counsellor who is with me and every other Christian on earth.

I will pray for you all.
Reply

Brother_Mujahid
07-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by jmb272
I will pray for you all.
and we shall pray for you
Reply

'Abd-al Latif
07-20-2008, 11:24 PM
"O people of the Scripture (Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allaah aught but the truth. The Messiah ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), was (no more than) a Messenger of Allaah and His Word, (‘Be’ — and he was) which He bestowed on Maryam (Mary) and a spirit (Rooh) created by Him; so believe in Allaah and His Messengers. Say not: ‘Three (trinity)!’ Cease! (it is) better for you"

[al-Nisa’ 4:171]

Media Tags are no longer supported
Reply

Mikayeel
07-20-2008, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by jmb272
Well what can i say. I believe that the Qur'an is a lie, and that you've all been deceived. I believe the Bible from Genesis to Revelations to be the inspired word of God.

The holy spirit is the third part of the trinity, the comforter and counsellor who is with me and every other Christian on earth.

I will pray for you all.
You are entitled to your believes! You can also pray to whomever you wish. However be a bit more carefull with the way you say things. Saying the quran is a lie, and we all have been deceived is an offensive way of putting things.

If you want a debate about the quran or islam open a new thread and share ur views, and plenty of people here are ready to debate alhamdulilah.
Reply

Woodrow
07-20-2008, 11:26 PM
I also returned to Isa(as).

When I accepted Islam 3 years ago, it was then that I had finally accepted the message Isa(as)was given to teach us. Through Islam I returned to what Isa(as) was teaching.

In Islam I never stopped loving Isa(as) I love him even more, but for what he truly is and not for what I was taught he was.
Reply

'Abd-al Latif
07-20-2008, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by jmb272
Well what can i say. I believe that the Qur'an is a lie, and that you've all been deceived. I believe the Bible from Genesis to Revelations to be the inspired word of God.

The holy spirit is the third part of the trinity, the comforter and counsellor who is with me and every other Christian on earth.

I will pray for you all.
So just out of curiosity.... what was it that made you accept islam?
Reply

jmb272
07-20-2008, 11:29 PM
I dont know, i guess i was just looking for something different.

I think its best for both your community and myself if i left this forum seeing as im going to be treated as something foul if i stay.

I'm sorry for calling your holy book a lie but i believe it to be false.

I'll pray that the Lord delivers you to the truth some day.

cya.
Reply

Ali.
07-20-2008, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by jmb272

cya.
I thought you said you were going to stay.

Please do :).
Reply

'Abd-al Latif
07-20-2008, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by jmb272
I dont know, i guess i was just looking for something different.

I think its best for both your community and myself if i left this forum seeing as im going to be treated as something foul if i stay.

I'm sorry for calling your holy book a lie but i believe it to be false.

I'll pray that the Lord delivers you to the truth some day.

cya.
There must have been something about Islam which made you accept it?
Reply

'Abd-al Latif
07-20-2008, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by jmb272
I dont know, i guess i was just looking for something different.

I think its best for both your community and myself if i left this forum seeing as im going to be treated as something foul if i stay.

I'm sorry for calling your holy book a lie but i believe it to be false.

I'll pray that the Lord delivers you to the truth some day.

cya.

Somehow I very much doubt you were ever a muslim. I doubt this because if you were a muslim then you would have learned some knowledge prior to becoming a muslim and you don't seem to have any of it. You're response is typical of someone who has no knowledge or understand of Islam other then the lies that you hear on TV or the views of the narrow-minded ones.

May Allah guide you, you're only deciving yourself.
Reply

Woodrow
07-20-2008, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by jmb272
I dont know, i guess i was just looking for something different.

I think its best for both your community and myself if i left this forum seeing as im going to be treated as something foul if i stay.

I'm sorry for calling your holy book a lie but i believe it to be false.

I'll pray that the Lord delivers you to the truth some day.

cya.
There is no need to leave. Itis true some members will be upset over your decision, however we will not permit anyone to malign you personaly because of your choice.

Your reasons may be subject to debate, but you have the right to your choice.
Reply

highlander
07-21-2008, 12:17 AM
Changing one's religion is not something that happens over night, so I believe you had some serious doubts and tourments regarding Christianity- providing the fact that you are indeed truthful and your posts here were sincere. Islam again is really not something easy to follow since it is a way of life- more than Christianity is.

Regardless the bitter replies that were exchanged here, I really hope you always find peace in the decision you made.
Reply

north_malaysian
07-21-2008, 12:56 AM
that's why people should understand Islam 100% before converting.

whatsoever, you can be whatever you want to be...

you can believe in whatever you want to believe...

there is no point being a Muslim if you still believe deep inside that God has a son..
Reply

Umu 'Isa
07-21-2008, 01:16 AM
may Allaah guide you.
Reply

MustafaMc
07-21-2008, 01:58 AM
Earlier I replied to a post in another thread where you stated: I ask this because im on another site right now reading about Muhammadism, people who worship Mohammad rather than Allah and i was wondering if this was one of those sites. And you provided a link to another site that negated the hadith and the Sunnah.

If you were sincere in your acceptance of Islam, then you have been led astray by misinformation on the internet despite our best efforts to steer you away from them. May Allah guide you to the Straight Way that leads to Paradise and protect you from the misguidance of Shaytan.
Reply

MustafaMc
07-21-2008, 02:16 AM
Originally Posted by jmb272
I know in my heart that in Jesus i can rest assured i will not see eternal torment.
Yes, that is the great appeal of Christianity - absolute assurance of salvation from the Hellfire. My question is, "How do you know that this is not actually a false sense of security?" What verse from the NT can you quote that gives you such assurance?

Also, Christianity is really quite easy. Really, what does it mean to be a "practicing Christian"?
Reply

Abdul Fattah
07-21-2008, 02:16 AM
Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
I hope you didn't fake your conversion only to be able to return to Christ later.
Well I'm glad you brought up the posibility, if we did it would have looked narrow minded of us. ^_^

Anyway, jmb272
I hope, I read somewhere you were 18 correct? So I guess that makes you old enough to know what you're doing. I just hope that you didn't revert back to Christianity simply because it allows you to have more fun as one of the other threads here would lead me to suspect. I hope not for your sake, because if that were the case that would have been quite hypocrite and not something God would take lightly.
Reply

جوري
07-21-2008, 02:36 AM
You weren't sincere about Islam... you just enjoy putting on a good performance...
either way it is inconsequential..
cheers
Reply

BlackMamba
07-21-2008, 05:17 AM
Originally Posted by jmb272
After only 4 days of becoming muslim and then having a "break" so to speak i've returned to my belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the trinity, i would like to remain on this forum though to discuss christianity with muslims that have questions about it.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOo DOONTt DO IT!!! STAY MUSLIM!!!!!!!!!
ONE GOD. The Bible is corrupted

Are u the same guy that someone started a thread about cuz u became Muslim? I was so happy for u man, waht happened. Was it something that happened at the Masjid?
Reply

BlackMamba
07-21-2008, 05:19 AM
YUSUFALI: Those who believe, then reject faith, then believe (again) and (again) reject faith, and go on increasing in unbelief,- Allah will not forgive them nor guide them nor guide them on the way. (4:137)
Reply

Amat Allah
07-21-2008, 05:37 AM
may Allah guide you my brother to the right path,the path of paradise and purify you from all sins and protect you from shaitan and hellfire....

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
Reply

Keltoi
07-21-2008, 05:37 AM
I will assume you are sincere, as I have no reason to think otherwise. That being said, I hope that your return to Christ will continue to bring you peace and further develop your relationship with God. Regardless of what has been stated on this thread, Christianity is not easy. Religious conviction in general is not easy, especially when it calls you to better yourself at all times.
Reply

fantaxxy_moon
07-21-2008, 07:14 AM
dear brother i would like to say to u that those who are trully christians and really believe in Allah will be able to come to the truth and believe in Islam, because when prophet mohammed (SAW) got his message about Islam , he believed in the presence of christ because he is one of Allah's messenger ..

brother u have to put in ur mind that massengers are nothing except that they take their messages from Allah and try to send it to the people .. .. they send the message of Allah through out generations.. .



Originally Posted by jmb272
I was sincere about Islam but deep down i still knew that Christianity is the truth. Verses such as the one that mentions the Holy Spirit, and Christians being people of the book only encouraged these deep down thoughts and feelings.

I would gladly go to Mecca and Preach the Gospel but it would be insensitive of me.
Reply

Akmal786
07-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
It's not the fastest growing.
Birth rates.
Brother,

Check it out, It is the fastest growing religion in the world.

Islam has the Highest revert (Convertion) rate in the world.
Reply

Malaikah
07-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by jmb272
I dont know, i guess i was just looking for something different
Looking for something different is not a valid reason for you to have left Christianity, nor is it a valid reason for you to have accepted Islam.

Religion isn't something you get bored of after a few days then swap to something else so you can enjoy yourself or experience new things. Religion has to come from a firm conviction.

By saying that you only converted to Islam to try something different, you are indicting to us your lack of sincerity to both Christianity (because you left it so easily) and Islam (because you accepted and left is so easily).

If you are sincere in wanting to find God then you need to have proper respect for Him and ask Him sincerely to guide you to what is true, not to guide you to something 'different'.
Reply

------
07-21-2008, 10:06 AM
May Allaah guide you bro.
Reply

Woodrow
07-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Malaikah
Looking for something different is not a valid reason for you to have left Christianity, nor is it a valid reason for you to have accepted Islam.

Religion isn't something you get bored of after a few days then swap to something else so you can enjoy yourself or experience new things. Religion has to come from a firm conviction.

By saying that you only converted to Islam to try something different, you are indicting to us your lack of sincerity to both Christianity (because you left it so easily) and Islam (because you accepted and left is so easily).

If you are sincere in wanting to find God then you need to have proper respect for Him and ask Him sincerely to guide you to what is true, not to guide you to something 'different'.

I agree and add:

Choosing a religion should not be to please yourself, it should be to please God(swt), if you seek to find a religion for the sole purpose of pleasing your own wishes, you will never find it.
Reply

Ennab
07-21-2008, 12:31 PM
:sl:
@jmb272
please download these videos and i hope u come back to islam but remmember its not a game you must be with one side and if u didn't like or understand any thing in Islam just let me know and i hope these videos will answer your questions

Is Jesus God? Debate Deedat Vs Shorrosh:
Code:
http://www.s2.ahmed-deedat.net/Files/video/Deedat/En/Is_jesus_God.zip

Is the Bible Gods Word Jimmy Swaggart
Code:
http://www.s1.ahmed-deedat.net/Files/video/Deedat/Is_the_Bible_Gods_Word_Jimmy_Swaggart_128KB.zip
The Qur’aan or The Bible – Which is Gods Word
Code:
http://www.s2.ahmed-deedat.net/Files/video/Deedat/En/1.zip
:w:
Reply

Whatsthepoint
07-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by Akmal786
Brother,

Check it out, It is the fastest growing religion in the world.

Islam has the Highest revert (Convertion) rate in the world.
Really, I'm not trying to be offensive, but how do you know that?
Reply

Brother_Mujahid
07-21-2008, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Really, I'm not trying to be offensive, but how do you know that?
Everyone knows it. even the christians will agree. just google it or something and you'll find something on it. :D
Reply

S_87
07-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by jmb272
Well because the only real encounters i've had with God are when i've prayed to him as or in the name of Jesus. Also bits in the Qur'an similar to the bible, the fact that the bible was about 500 years old when the Qur'an was aparently revealed to Mohammed, seems suspicious. I know in my heart that in Jesus i can rest assured i will not see eternal torment. When i pray to God, when i read the bible and really understand, i feel a great sense of peace and love that could only come from God.
Hello

yes the Quran may have some similiar things to the original bible, this is not strange at all when both came from the same source (ie God)
When Muhammed peace and blessings be upon him, first revealed revelation he was shocked. He went to a family member of his wife, who was a scholar of the Bible and the Torah. It was when he heard what Muhammed peace and blessings be upon him said, that he realised that He was a Prophet of God and had been visited by Gabriel.
And if you read the Quran, we as muslims do not disregard Jesus peace be upon him. We believe he is a righteous servant and Messenger of God who will return to earth and bring forth peace. We await his arrival.

the thing with the Bible though, is it has changed.



What i want to ask you though is, why did you come to Islam? what made you come and leave so quickly? did you not investigate thoroughly before converting and have any questions you had answered? :?
Reply

Whatsthepoint
07-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid
Everyone knows it. even the christians will agree. just google it or something and you'll find something on it. :D
Google can find many things, for instance, sites that refute the claims of Islam being the fastest groeing religion, sites claiming other religions are fastest growing, sites claiming 6 million African muslims a year leave Islam for Christianity etc.
Reply

جوري
07-21-2008, 07:03 PM
Why do you dear members assume that this epigone ever coverted or had intent to convert? he isn't the first nor will be the last to attempt to evangelize, they just become creative when desperate... to be honest I am tired of this thread.. just let him go.. party is over.. everyone get back to their life!

:w:
Reply

aadil77
07-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by jmb272
Yeah Satan lied to me.. tricked me into believing one of the fastest growing lies in the world today. Thank God and Praise Jesus i've found my way back to the truth.
aright mate whatever floats your boat, but don't go round insulting islam
Reply

جوري
07-21-2008, 07:14 PM
I think it is an insult to Muslims to retain a creep like that.. Islam is a done deal and sealed by Allah swt, no one can touch it with insults.. they only insult themselves..
It would have been a bit more believable had he taken the time to invest in the religion and then decide against it, like most scholars set out to do.. else we wouldn't all be seeing through the travesty of his charade...

I think it is time to ban this moron, we all know of his intentions-- and this forum is for the purpose of teaching Islam not christianity. he can start his own board with his own bull, maybe even get air time for having 'left Islam' as it is en vogue to give clout to anyone who says anything against Islam!

:w:

:w:
Reply

Keltoi
07-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Is it really necessary to approach this issue like we're talking about a football team?
Reply

BlackMamba
07-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by Keltoi
Is it really necessary to approach this issue like we're talking about a football team?
What are u talking about
Reply

truemuslim
07-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Wow, look at the top 5 stats, One thread about someone "leaving" islam, and one about one who just accepted islam. MashAllah. You can't go in and out like that though, you should've actually taken it seriously if you didn't , actually question islam before you leave it or convert to it, that way everything is pretty clear before you make a choice that changes you whole life. You gotta give everything a chance. But ya ok your choice .
Reply

SixTen
07-21-2008, 08:37 PM
So, where did you get the pro-christianity/anti-islam info from? From one of your posts (which btw, you never replied back after I posted, regarding surah 2:87 here http://www.islamicboard.com/quran/13...an-2-87-a.html) it seems you have been reading up some stuff.

I should note, you are neither learned in christianity or Islam very well - so when you listen to 1 side of the debate of either side, it always sounds flawless, until you hear the rebuttal.

Anyway, if you can share what websites you have been reading recently, would be interested in it.
Reply

aminahjaan
07-22-2008, 04:46 AM
Originally Posted by jmb272
Yeah Satan lied to me.. tricked me into believing one of the fastest growing lies in the world today. Thank God and Praise Jesus i've found my way back to the truth.

Sup JMB
This is an Islamic Forum,. Venting about our religion for no argumental or learning purpose is usually not accepted. That's just a straight up "no no":thumbs_do on here. We can do as much as respect your choice, but please. No dissing Islam.
Kay?
Thanks :)
Reply

BlissfullyJaded
07-22-2008, 04:56 AM
:sl:

I think you'll are talking to somebody who isn't goin to read your posts, since he's already left. Allahu 'alam what was in his heart, but I figure he was just testing our response. Anyway Allah guides whom He wills and lets those fall astray whom He wills, and no matter what the light of Islam cannot be extinguished.

May Allah protect us from falling astray. Ameen.
Reply

coddles76
07-22-2008, 05:00 AM
Originally Posted by jmb272
Well because the only real encounters i've had with God are when i've prayed to him as or in the name of Jesus. Also bits in the Qur'an similar to the bible, the fact that the bible was about 500 years old when the Qur'an was aparently revealed to Mohammed, seems suspicious. I know in my heart that in Jesus i can rest assured i will not see eternal torment. When i pray to God, when i read the bible and really understand, i feel a great sense of peace and love that could only come from God.
When you read this passage in the bible do you still get a sense of peace and love. This is not out of disrespect for your choices of faith I'm just giving you a different view. I truly wouldn't get a sense of love and peace from reading this. Its actually quite disgusting (No disrespect intended)!

30And Lot went up out of Zoar, and dwelt in the mountain, and his two daughters with him; for he feared to dwell in Zoar: and he dwelt in a cave, he and his two daughters.
31And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father is old, and there is not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth:
32Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.
33And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.
34And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.
35And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.
36Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father.
37And the first born bare a son, and called his name Moab: the same is the father of the Moabites unto this day.
38And the younger, she also bare a son, and called his name Benammi: the same is the father of the children of Ammon unto this day.
Reply

arabianprincess
07-23-2008, 03:48 AM
im sorry but i gotta say this ... this was alll a lie from the beginning i just felt honestly but then after 4 days u just did it cuz u think or believe that after wat u did muslim might be like oh he left islam once he became a muslim maybe islam isnt the rite religion lets just fallow HIM,,,, come on i know many ppl who did that in others forums. cuz to get em mad. man u need to learn how to play it rite u should have stayed at least 2 weeks or so to make it believable like the others who did it. that anit slick ..n u anit.( but i still would have figured it out) anyways no matter wat. man i know but honestly be ashamed about u did ... feel sorry for u... i reallly do. its jst bs n pathetic . salamz n ur wasting ur Time n energy


oh yeah when u became muslim.. wat u wrote sounded a bit FAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
im just lettin yall know.. salamz
Reply

north_malaysian
07-23-2008, 03:53 AM
Originally Posted by arabianprincess
im sorry but i gotta say this ... this was alll a lie from the beginning
Honestly, that's what I feel deep inside my heart!
Reply

fantaxxy_moon
07-23-2008, 03:53 AM
dear brother please check this website .. i took it from the posts of one of the sisters her e.. but it is very important to make u believe that even jesus foretold the coming of prophet mohammed (SAW) .. thanks brother .. and rethink about what u said about islam ..

this is the web site: http://www.rasoulallah.net/fl_list_e...=2&parent_id=2
Reply

arabianprincess
07-23-2008, 03:57 AM
dont waste ur timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hes faking it allllll... wallah ma yestahel... get a life ..... dude.
Reply

fantaxxy_moon
07-23-2008, 04:10 AM
actually he hasn't come online for a couple of days .. it sounds as if we are talking to ourselves .. oh Allah
Reply

julie sarri
07-23-2008, 04:42 AM
As-salaam every one i don't think he took the time to really try and understand Islam after reverting in just 4 days if its really heartfelt it takes longer in general from the point of thinking about Islam wanting to know more then reverting. From the start of being interested in Islam it took me 5 months after that point to revert i read the Quran [English translation] at lest twice and read up on the basics of Islam asked a whole lot of questions i read a lot of Islamic books then after that when i understood it all with the help from Allah then i reverted.
Reply

truemuslim
07-23-2008, 05:48 AM
if he is a fake, he just prolly showin how muslims can turn into christians and all the doubt :raging:
if he isnt a fake...dude u gotta learn the religon, SEARCH, not read one thing and give up , you shouldnt ever give up, ever!
Reply

aminahjaan
07-23-2008, 06:04 AM
nah sis, I think he's playin just to preach it to us.
But he's just making us mad..
lol
Whatever lets just close this thread it's going nowhere but just getting us tickked
Reply

truemuslim
07-23-2008, 06:10 AM
yes ok inshallah wen a mod comes online they cn settle it. :p
If this guy is trying to bring us towards christianity, this whole scam has just brought us AWAY from christianity even MORE than we already were :)
Reply

Strzelecki
07-23-2008, 06:23 AM
*sigh*

Why can I imagine you talking to a group of Christians about your stint as a Muslim and being called back to Christianity?
Granted, the Christian right wing Evangelist demographic are quite renowned for being gullible. Here's a hint, maybe you could back it up by claiming that all of the Muslims that you met talked about terrorism, womanising and things to this effect.
Sorr if I'm jumping the gun when judging your intentions bro - but i honestly as a revert myself don't feel you gave Islam a fair chance.
I've joined christian forums out of curiosity and for the sake of learning, and in my intro thread all I got was "you're not a Christian? You need to be saved!" over and over again, so I left right away because they just went to frivolous efforts to convert me from the very start. They didn't know my intentions, they ddin't know who I was, they didn't even know what I stood for. Did they care, either? I sincerely doubt it.
The point is, that they didn't provide one piece of evidence as to why Christianity is correct besides telling me that I'm going to burn in hell if I don't accept Jesus [as] as God. AstaghfiruAllah.
Islam is logical, I wish you saw that wallahe bro.
Insha'Allah may Allah [swt] guide you back to the straight path.

I admit, it is daunting at first as it is a full way of life, but just take it one step at a time.
Allah [sw6] doesn't need you, you need Allah [swt].

But, I'm not gonna judge you decision. There is no compulsion in religion, afterall.

Making du'a for you.
Masalama,
Daniel.
Reply

Muslim Knight
07-23-2008, 09:26 AM
This has not been the only time a Christian ever "embraced" Islam and within short span of time, "returned" to Christianity.

We even had one threatening to flood the board with porno. Luckily, bro Ansar was around monitoring private messages and banned the said person.

I think one managed through, though.

This murtad types will come again in future, no worries brothers & sisters. Remember that hidayah comes from Allah and belongs to Allah alone. So don't fret over things beyond our control as human beings.
Reply

fantaxxy_moon
07-23-2008, 09:29 AM
u are right brother

Originally Posted by Muslim Knight
This has not been the only time a Christian ever "embraced" Islam and within short span of time, "returned" to Christianity.

We even had one threatening to flood the board with porno. Luckily, bro Ansar was around monitoring private messages and banned the said person.

I think one managed through, though.

This murtad types will come again in future, no worries brothers & sisters. Remember that hidayah comes from Allah and belongs to Allah alone. So don't fret over things beyond our control as human beings.
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
07-23-2008, 09:40 AM
Muslim knight, well said



and its all about protoss :D
Reply

Woodrow
07-23-2008, 12:47 PM
It does not seem the thread starter is interesed in returning to defend his posistion.

Before this goes too far off topic and becomes a venue for bashing.

:threadclo:
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-24-2015, 10:03 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 12:14 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 07:35 PM
  4. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-12-2006, 12:20 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!