/* */

PDA

View Full Version : assalam alaikum everyone

shahrazad
07-21-2008, 10:31 AM
assalam alaikum, I'm here to learn more about Islam and to interact with Muslims... being new to Islam, I have questions sometimes which for one reason or another I can't get answers to from my few Muslim friends. so I was hoping I could use this as a resource for insider knowledge!

I haven't officially converted yet... it has been a slow process of learning after being introduced to Islam about 8 months ago. although it feels like much longer ago, because it's like everything that happened to me, my whole life, had been leading me up to that point where I would finally come to know Islam. it is amazing really... but anyway, it's a long story (and I'll make sure I write it all up one of these days). since then I have been reading lots and trying to change myself and my behaviour to see if I have it in me to become a reasonably good Muslim. all in all a life changing experience...with small changes, I've already found a lot of peace :statisfie

some of you have already welcomed me, thank you! I can't reply to your messages... I think it may take me a while to get up to 50 posts...it seems like a lot!!:exhausted

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nájlá
07-21-2008, 10:58 AM
welcome sis
have an enjoyble time here. :D
u have came to the right forum.

Soulja Girl
07-21-2008, 11:40 AM
:sl:

Welcome to the forum, hope you have a nice time here. :)

:w:

Simply_Logical
07-21-2008, 11:45 AM
:salambox:
:welcome: to the forum! :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
rose17
07-24-2008, 01:02 AM
:salaam:
welcome to the forum sister

Brother_Mujahid
07-24-2008, 02:03 AM
welcome, may you find the answers your searching for.

May Allah guide you to the truth and keep you firm upon it.

p.s if you have found the truth, don't delay accepting it. take things slowly and don't pressurise yourself to trying to know everything there is to know.

Wasalam

shahrazad
07-25-2008, 12:01 PM
thanks everyone!!

and yes brother mujahid, I have been thinking the same. there is no reason for me to delay accepting it... I know I believe in one God, I have no doubts anymore about that. and I believe in Mohammed too... those are the essentials right?

I'm going to a mosque for the first time today... excited :D

Brother_Mujahid
07-25-2008, 06:36 PM
how did it go?

jannat
07-25-2008, 06:41 PM

hey, sis. i hope ur well inshallah, welcome to the forum, i hope we can help inshallah, take ur time , i hope u find peace when discover islam.. hope going to the mosque helped u come closer to islam inshallah.

:w:

SisterSahirah
07-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Welcome to the forum!!!!! :D

MuslimahBarb
07-25-2008, 08:33 PM

Welcome to LI & to Islam, insha 'Allah you will benefit from your visits here. The people here are great and always willing to help out however they can.

MustafaMc
07-25-2008, 09:38 PM
Welcome to the forum. Insha'Allah (Allah willing) you will have a beneficial stay.

Don't hesitate to ask questions. Although we are not scholars of Islam, we will try our best to answer according to our own understanding of the Qur'an and the Sunnah.

Patience7
07-25-2008, 09:56 PM
Welcome to this forum sis, inshallah u'll benefit from it

If u have any doubts or questions...just ask! we are here to help u:)

shahrazad
07-25-2008, 10:28 PM
thank you brothers & sisters!!!

I didn't end up going today.... my friend who was going to take me there couldn't make it. we'll go tomorrow though inshallah! I'll let you know how it goes... :D

shahrazad
07-28-2008, 09:59 PM
just an update...I went to the mosque yesterday with my friend. generally it went well, but I felt intimidated on walking into the women's prayer room and finding that a class was going on. everyone turned round to look at me:-[ and the 'teacher' started asking me questions. and everyone was wearing black- I found out later that they were from a rather rigid sect which I now can't remember the name of. some of the women seemed friendly but I did feel slightly out of place and really wasn't prepared to be the centre of attention:-[ I felt happy to have experienced going to a mosque though for the first time, and inshallah next time I'll feel more comfortable!

manaal
07-28-2008, 10:14 PM
[banana]Welcome to the forum sister! Hope you stay with us for a long long time. Get to your 100 posts soon, and join us in the sisters' section![/banana]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.