/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Obssesed with Money

AnonymousPoster
07-21-2008, 04:02 PM
:sl: I Am Using My Friend Account, Is There Any Dua That I Can Make To Reduce My Greed?
I Love Money So Much I Am A WorkHolic Not Because I enjoy My Job But Simply Because Of The Money, I Am 23 HealthCare Professional and I Make 25k I Often Do Overtime And Extra Hours To Push It Up to 27/30k.
Is Halal To Make Dua To Increase Your Wealth?
Is It Haram To Reject A Man Because He Is Not Making Enough Money?
Do Brothers Look At The Future Wife Salary or Look Down At Those Who Are earning An Average Salary?
Also As A Sister I Always Feel Underpressure Because Where I Am From The More Money A Woman Has The More Powerful And Respected She is.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
07-22-2008, 09:17 AM
i dnno what to say to be honest

why dont you try giving loads away in charity?

charity is cure to greed right?

Assalamu Alaikum

AnonymousPoster
07-22-2008, 09:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
:sl: I Am Using My Friend Account, Is There Any Dua That I Can Make To Reduce My Greed?
I Love Money So Much I Am A WorkHolic Not Because I enjoy My Job But Simply Because Of The Money, I Am 23 HealthCare Professional and I Make 25k I Often Do Overtime And Extra Hours To Push It Up to 27/30k.
Do Brothers Look At The Future Wife Salary or Look Down At Those Who Are earning An Average Salary?
Also As A Sister I Always Feel Underpressure Because Where I Am From The More Money A Woman Has The More Powerful And Respected She is.
Haaaallo there my dearest sister/buddy in Islaam,

Bu working harder for money is really pointless, anything that you get has already been destined upon you, you will only get such an such an amount of wealth if Allaah has decreed that,

Amir Al-Mumineen (Alayhis Salaam) said: "Know with certainty that you cannot achieve your desire and cannot exceed your destined life. You are on the track of those before you. Therefore, be humble in seeking and moderate in earning because often seeking leads to deprivation. Every seeker of livelihood does not get it, nor is everyone who is moderate in seeking deprived."

You shouldn't care about people thinking of you as more superior to the nor should you want wealth for respect, instead you should aim to make better your din (religion),

Imam Jafar Sadiq (as) said: "The destruction that the fondness of fortune leaves on a man is more effective than the deed of two ravenous wolves that attack a shepherd less herd, one from the front and the other from the back. The Muslim's honor, however, lies in his religiosity."

Hazrat Hatim Asam (Rahmatullahi Alaih) has said: Do not die in a state of pride, greed and arrogance,
May Allah (Subahana Wa Ta'ala) give us (me first than you all) the ability to act upon His commandments and abstain from His prohibitions, Ameen (Say Ameen).

AsalaamuAlaykum Warahmatullah, be good now :D

qassy!
07-22-2008, 11:07 AM
You love money ? Im 18 I love money, I somtimes value it far 2 much....god you wouldnt understand how much I love money...buts its not the £1 or £2 its the big money you get me?

common bruv you need to become self employed now think big, your going to work for somone fot the rest of your life?

EDIT: Your a sister? dont play this trick
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...age-islam.html

inshallah you wont

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
07-22-2008, 11:22 AM
:salamext:

Money in itself is not a bad thing, if you use it wisely.

Always remember 2 things - give more to the poor if you have more money (puts barakah in ur money)

and other main thing

You won't take it with you

So don't let it distract urself from doing good deeds because those are the only things you will take with you to the next life.

I don't know whether it is haraam, but if he can provide the basics for you, then you really shouldn't reject him. Be in this life as though you are a traveller.

qassy!
07-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Sister remember 1 thing, respect is more important, and you can easily loose your respect with the way you act with your money,

Tania
07-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Help your parents, if you have money, make your own house - i don't know how much money do you have. Only look after your health too, don't forget to eat either. We had last year a faimous case of a mom, almost 30, from the top manager of a marketing company which died because of the work: no eat, no sleep. Her wage at the time of death was high for my country - 5.000 euro. And she wanted more to can improve her family lifestyle - she has a little son and loans from the bank, if i rem correctly. I can't say about her she was greedy :-[

AnonymousPoster
07-22-2008, 04:24 PM
:sl: Qassy Erm Yes Respect Is Important And Is Not Something I Am Going To Loose. IbnHakim Yes I Guess I Do Need To Give More To Charity I Dont Give Enough. Anon Jazakallah For The Islamic Advice, Qassy What Trick Bro?
Tania Yes I Can Identify Myself With The Story I Work 12 Hours Sometime 13 A Day. Qassy I Cant Build My Own Hospital So Yes I Am Going To Work For Someone(Company) For The Rest Of My Life. W.S

------
07-22-2008, 04:49 PM
Thanks for ignoring my post lol

truemuslim
07-22-2008, 05:03 PM
yah well sis in my opinion... (dont read)

MONEY IS IMPORTANT. Money is like what keep ya right in this life!
Yah ya gotta work for it and all, you should start your OWN business tho. Besides theres nothing wrong with getting rich, just be a NICE rich person, not some loser that is all greedy and selfish and shows off like "OMG omg omg i HAVE to have that million dolla house!!" ok, more like giving charity, living nice, being nice to people, all dat.
Ya kno? You should give to charity when u can though.
Go drop sum off in ur masjid!
Ook peace :)

aminahjaan
07-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Calm down, chillllll! Money doesn't buy happiness. Remember that. As long as you have a nice stable job and the man you're planning to marry does. Then whatever, ya know? As long as you can live. Say you have children and you're still a workaholic. Do you think that could affect your children? So you gotta have the whole money flow problem fixed before you even plan a life. But take things one at a time, give charity to people that don't even have enough or no money. You should be happy with your life, and even though you have money, It doesn't seem that way. So that goes to show that Money isn't the factor of happiness, or satisfaction...because you'll always want more.

AnonymousPoster
07-22-2008, 09:51 PM
SeerenE Sorry Sis You Are Right I Wont Take It With Me. Aminah Yes My Parents Are Workholic And It Isnt Nice :( TrueMuslim True!

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Keep earning, nothing wrong with earning 25k or 100k so long as you dont neglect your duties Allah swt. Dont let yourself become so deep into money that you forget the purpose of your life, its o ur deeds that will help us after we die and using money to donate to poor and needy is a goood way to get those deeds.

We see soo many people pass away and leave so much wealth behind, it makes you wonder what was all that hardwork to get all that money good for because it all stayed behind whilst that person has gone.

A person can havce all the money in the world but still can be more upset then a person who has no money at all.

qassy!
07-23-2008, 09:47 PM
:sl: Qassy Erm Yes Respect Is Important And Is Not Something I Am Going To Loose. IbnHakim Yes I Guess I Do Need To Give More To Charity I Dont Give Enough. Anon Jazakallah For The Islamic Advice, Qassy What Trick Bro?
Tania Yes I Can Identify Myself With The Story I Work 12 Hours Sometime 13 A Day. Qassy I Cant Build My Own Hospital So Yes I Am Going To Work For Someone(Company) For The Rest Of My Life. W.S
Your not going to loose it because your rich, or because you will keep it? NO you can work for yourself, you dont need money to start a business, how rich are you ? and you dont need money 2 start a business depending on what you wanna do.

Nawal89
07-23-2008, 11:20 PM
I can understand your obsession with money. I have that too sometimes. But then i experienced that when you have enough and you dont have to think where its coming from all the time, you eventually loose interest.

Being a workaholic is bad too, there are so many ohter things in this world to do than be a slave to money.

Think how to turn that around. Instead of being a slave for money, let the money work for you instead. How much do you have in savings? can you invest that into somethng that will bring you money whilst not taking up so much effort? Will that investment be safe?
Right now you're caught in the rat race. Money owns you isntead of you owning the money. You have to turn that around and control your own money instead inshaAllah.

As for rejecting a man because he does not have enough money, I too will reject a man if he cannot give me the lifestyle i'm used to.
And sis there are so many things you can do if you have free time. Learn more about this deen, even hairdressing classes lol :p

Tania
07-24-2008, 05:26 AM
Hairdressing classses :? Sound interesting and what do they teach :?

coddles76
07-24-2008, 05:33 AM
There is nothing wrong with making money and nothing wrong with asking Allah to provide you with Ruzk, as long as you use that sustenance that Allah SWT has granted you in the right way. Use it for charity, use it for your family, use it to feed the poor, use it to feed your kids and spend it on your family. Work is a form of worship but everything has to be in perspective.
And remember Allah SWT knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.