/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 35 ways u can tell that u r Asian!

adam123
07-21-2008, 06:36 PM
35 ways u can tell that u r Asian!

1. You go to drop off one person to the airport, but you take 50 extra people with you
2. Your entire family runs the marathon when they see a dog (calmly walking on the other side of the road)
3. "Paracetamol" is your cure to every illness
4. Your remote control is still in its plastic packet
5. Your mobile phone "just happens to ring" when you see a member of the opposite sex
6. You hire a convertible in mid-December
7. You secretly watch "ZEE TV." but pretend you've never heard of it
8. At the age of 30, you still think you can get away with paying child fare on the bus
9. You have a telephone at home but nobody is (ever) allowed to use it
10. You find a photo of a man with bushy hair, white shoes and sunglasses...you ask who he is and find out it's your uncle
11. You dance at a complete stranger's wedding (and claim you are a distant relative)
12. You somehow think you were involved in Tu Pac's death
13. You drive your car around the same spot for 10 years playing music that was out in '95
14. You achieve A*'s in every subject and your parents tell you to STUDY HARDER
15. Your car is better than your house
16. Universities let you in for Medicine just by looking at you
17. There is a tub of "PRIDE GHEE" and a sack of "TILDA BASTMATI" in your hallway
18. You are unable to open your front door because of the pile of shoes blocking the way
19. Your parents have a PANIC ATTACK when something dirty comes on t.v.
20. A member of your family claims that they once used to live in the Taj Mahal
21. You have to offer guests tea even before they've stepped into your house
22. You address every other Asian person on the planet as "your cousin"
23. Girls: Your brother thinks he's your dad
24. Your wedding takes place in either a community centre or a crappy restaurant on Wilmslow Road
25. You know how an Indian film will end even before it's started (but you still watch it)
26. You're related to your doctor
27. You go to a wedding with an empty car, but on the way back you end up giving the entire population of the wedding a lift home (and you haven't seen half of these people in your life)
28. At school, your parents were never aware of Parents' Evening (...and if they did attend Parents' Evening and you got a bad report, you told them that the teachers were all racist)
29. You arrive late at every party
30. At weddings the cameraman only ever cameras you when you're eating
31. Your parents find no criticisms in an Indian film where some guy jumps off a cliff and jumps back up again, people burst into song when their relatives are dying, evil politicians rule the world, and even the police don't give a crap (and then they wonder why you prefer to watch "Eastenders")
32. At parties, you wear more glitter and sparkly bits than a Christmas tree
33. You get over-excited when you see another Asian person on t.v. You are constantly being compared to every other Asian kid on the Planet
34. You pronounce English words in a typical accent when speaking to your parents e.g. toilet: "Toylat"
35. You never go to the library "to work"

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
qassy!
07-21-2008, 06:42 PM
1, 10, and 35 apply for me :) and im Pakistani brap!!!!!!

Simply_Logical
07-21-2008, 06:43 PM
adam, bro lol :rollseyes

Souljette
07-21-2008, 06:49 PM
:sl:

LOL half the stuff is so truee about us asians lolz but the ones that applied to me were

1, 4, 7, 9, 18, 22, 23, 25, 28 and 31 lolz hehehe...i think one or two of them don't apply but mite apply to my family

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aminahjaan
07-21-2008, 08:43 PM
ha! this made me laughhhh
1, 10, 12 (because me and tupac have the same last name), 19!,21, 23 :( . 26! haha. 28 the racist one ALWAYS worksss!, 29, aaaaaand 35

I think this was mainly for indians (taj mahal) and stuff
But I'm pakistani...we're all the same haha

Uthman
07-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Most of those are so true! :D Thanks for sharing!

Makes me laugh every time!

Musaafirah
07-21-2008, 09:02 PM
Classic forward!
The ghee bit don't apply to use..mum prefers to make Home made ghee from Anchor butter..:muddlehea.. but it's lush!

Riyadh-ul-Jannah
07-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Loq!
Very true, and I am Asian, and a lot of them apply to me,
Very Funny :D

Na7lah
07-21-2008, 09:08 PM
i think this was posted before...

Patience7
07-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Most of them are sooo true!!!! made me have a good laugh

aadil77
07-21-2008, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by adam123

1. You go to drop off one person to the airport, but you take 50 extra people with you
yep
2. Your entire family runs the marathon when they see a dog (calmly walking on the other side of the road)
not really
lol yh
lol mines covered in cling film
5. Your mobile phone "just happens to ring" when you see a member of the opposite sex
what? to act cool?
never
don't watch any of that indian bs
8. At the age of 30, you still think you can get away with paying child fare on the bus
seen it
the other way around
10. You find a photo of a man with bushy hair, white shoes and sunglasses...you ask who he is and find out it's your uncle
huh?
11. You dance at a complete stranger's wedding (and claim you are a distant relative)
pakis
lol
13. You drive your car around the same spot for 10 years playing music that was out in '95
?
pakis
lolll! pakis and indians
lol again
17. There is a tub of "PRIDE GHEE" and a sack of "TILDA BASTMATI" in your hallway
pakistani rice only
18. You are unable to open your front door because of the pile of shoes blocking the way
can open it but packed up a little
hell yes
maybe
lol
no
no
24. Your wedding takes place in either a community centre or a crappy restaurant on Wilmslow Road
lol comunity centre, on top of a stage with a sofa and bright lighting
25. You know how an Indian film will end even before it's started (but you still watch it)
lol thats what a load of bs they are
no
27. You go to a wedding with an empty car, but on the way back you end up giving the entire population of the wedding a lift home (and you haven't seen half of these people in your life)
no
28. At school, your parents were never aware of Parents' Evening (...and if they did attend Parents' Evening and you got a bad report, you told them that the teachers were all racist)
sortof
no
no
31. Your parents find no criticisms in an Indian film where some guy jumps off a cliff and jumps back up again, people burst into song when their relatives are dying, evil politicians rule the world, and even the police don't give a crap (and then they wonder why you prefer to watch "Eastenders")
hate em all
pakis
33. You get over-excited when you see another Asian person on t.v. You are constantly being compared to every other Asian kid on the Planet
all the time
34. You pronounce English words in a typical accent when speaking to your parents e.g. toilet: "Toylat"
who still uses em?

I could add a whole lot more to this!:D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Misconceptions and stereotypes I tell ya!

aminahjaan
07-21-2008, 11:39 PM
Here's one I found on Facebook loool

1. you told your parents you got 98%, and they ask you what happened to the other two percent.
2. There is a sale on any item, you buy 100 of them.
3. When mail is a reinvestment... postage stamps are 're-used'
4. You never buy bin bags, but use your saved grocery bags for it.
5. You put your clothes in suitcases instead of wardrobes. 6. Your mother has a minor disagreement with her sister and doesn't talk to her for ten years.
7. You call an older person you've never met before "uncle". You hide everything from your parents.
8. Your mother does everything for you if you are male.
9. You do all the housework and cooking if you are female. Your relatives alone could populate a small city.
10. Everyone is a family friend.
11. You HAVE TO study law, medicine or engineering at university.
12. You know no one who has studied music.
13. You went to a university as close to your family as possible, yet you still came back home to live with your parents after you had finished.
14. Your best friend got married at the age of 17.
15. You use chilli sauce instead of tomato ketchup.
16. You fight over who pays the dinner bill (though you know secretley no one wants to pay cus brown ppl are cheap).
17. You're dad starts arguing with you or gets into a fight with you and tries to speak english so fast that he does not make any sense.
18. You say you hate Indian films/songs but secretly
watch/hear them
19. you make a big >deal if you see a girl and guy talking
20. You always say "open the light" instead of "turn the light on".
21. You're walking out of customs with your trolley at the airport and u see all twenty-five members of your family who have come to pick you up.
22. You go back to your parents' country and people treat you like a member of the royal family.
23. You ask your dad a simple question and he tells you story of how he had to walk miles barefoot just to get to school. When you were little you always wondered why your English friends waited until after breakfast to brush their teeth when you did it first thing in the morning
To your English friends, oil is used purely for cooking and not as a grooming aid
24. Your parents have nicknames but only because people they work with just stop when trying to read their names 25. You have annoying >nicknames like Chotu, Chelam or Chicku
26. Your parents call all your friends "Beta" (son/daughter) > Your mother measures wealth in gold and diamonds
27. Your parents drink 3 cups of tea a day
28. Your parents compare you to all of you friends.
29. At least once a week your mom says, "I want to go to India/Pakistan/SriLanka "
30. No one ever seems to call ahead of time to say they are coming over for a visit.
31. Your parents worry what other people will think if you're not going to be a doctor/ engineer.
32. You're parent's always say while shopping abroad, "It's cheaper in India/Pakistan"
33. Everytime you do something wrong your parents threaten to send you to India/Pakistan/SriLanka/Bangledesh when they cant afford it
34. When you're at parties 'we're leaving now' means we'll leave in about 30 min
35. You are never in time for parties/ your family parties last till 1 am ...

Cabdullahi
07-21-2008, 11:46 PM
I bet all of ya'll have atta flour gotta have them chapati's :)

truemuslim
07-22-2008, 01:30 AM
18 19 23 and 26 are hilarius and true for me :p

north_malaysian
07-22-2008, 04:09 AM
Erm... I think this is more about the South Asians (Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, Sri Lankans and Nepalis) than the whole Asiatic people right?:okay:

Whatsoever... I am an Asian too...a southeastern Asian:D

Pk_#2
07-22-2008, 10:14 AM
None of them applied to me,

format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
I bet all of ya'll have atta flour gotta have them chapati's :)
Not even this one,

I am definitely Asian though, unless its true what they said to me, my rents adopted me *weeps in the corner*

I guess this was written by Pakistani people for Pakistani people, Hmm..

Souljette
07-22-2008, 10:40 AM

NO, it's for asian peopel OMG SIS AMINAH..that was hilarious and true..I'm from Bangladesh and many of them apply to me and my family as well haha

qassy!
07-22-2008, 11:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Da'watul-Allaah
None of them applied to me,

Not even this one,

I am definitely Asian though, unless its true what they said to me, my rents adopted me *weeps in the corner*

I guess this was written by Pakistani people for Pakistani people, Hmm..

where you from ?? im from Pakistan (Brap!)

and only 35 really applies to be, 10 hardly ever and 35 (thats just because im a got a good college working area :))

north_malaysian
07-22-2008, 12:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Souljette

NO, it's for asian peopel OMG SIS AMINAH..that was hilarious and true..I'm from Bangladesh and many of them apply to me and my family as well haha

but mostly are not applicable to Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Indochinese, Thais, Malaysians, Indonesians and Filipinos.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-22-2008, 05:28 PM
What's this thread doing in such a serious section as 'General' section, it should be in the 'Puzzles and Humour' section.

m102313
07-22-2008, 05:39 PM
LOL! :D A lot of this applies to me as well, and i'm Indian.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-22-2008, 06:44 PM
it does say how to tell your 'asian' ;P

m102313
07-22-2008, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
it does say how to tell your 'asian' ;P
I don't think all asians fall into some or any of those categories. Wallahu A'lam.

truemuslim
07-22-2008, 07:48 PM
aw cmon its just a joke not all that is true :p :)

Faith.
07-22-2008, 07:55 PM
Funny & so true!:D

aminahjaan
07-22-2008, 07:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by moabubaker
I don't think all asians fall into some or any of those categories. Wallahu A'lam.

Not all of them no. These weren't "Catagories" this is just some stuff we may or may not have in common, thas all. you know you were laughing too.
:)

m102313
07-22-2008, 07:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
aw cmon its just a joke not all that is true :p :)
format_quote Originally Posted by aminahgorilla
Not all of them no. These weren't "Catagories" this is just some stuff we may or may not have in common, thas all. you know you were laughing too.
I know, i was just replying to DaNgErOuS MiNdS comment.

truemuslim
07-22-2008, 08:01 PM
yeh (wasnt bein offensive btw! ) :)

m102313
07-22-2008, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
yeh (wasnt bein offensive btw! ) :)
Never said you were :smile:

aminahjaan
07-22-2008, 08:07 PM
lol yeah same here! Don't think I was trying to be offensive :)

truemuslim
07-22-2008, 08:11 PM
i kno jus in case ! :)

Danah
07-22-2008, 08:19 PM
hahah....a very nice post thanks for sharing

north_malaysian
07-23-2008, 03:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by moabubaker

yes... maybe I should answer those questions too....

north_malaysian
07-23-2008, 03:29 AM

I am answering on the behalf of all Malays.

[PIE]1. You go to drop off one person to the airport, but you take 50 extra people with you[/PIE]

Yes

[PIE]2. Your entire family runs the marathon when they see a dog (calmly walking on the other side of the road)[/PIE]

Yes

[PIE]3. "Paracetamol" is your cure to every illness[/PIE]

For the Malays, it's "Panadol"

[PIE]4. Your remote control is still in its plastic packet[/PIE]

Nope

[PIE]5. Your mobile phone "just happens to ring" when you see a member of the opposite sex[/PIE]

Erm... maybe

[PIE]6. You hire a convertible in mid-December[/PIE]

Nope

[PIE]7. You secretly watch "ZEE TV." but pretend you've never heard of it[/PIE]

Erm... I dont know how to answer this..

[PIE]8. At the age of 30, you still think you can get away with paying child fare on the bus[/PIE]

Nope

[PIE]9. You have a telephone at home but nobody is (ever) allowed to use it[/PIE]

Nope

[PIE]10. You find a photo of a man with bushy hair, white shoes and sunglasses...you ask who he is and find out it's your uncle[/PIE]

Nope

[PIE]11. You dance at a complete stranger's wedding (and claim you are a distant relative)[/PIE]

There are no dancing in Malay wedding (well most all of the weddings)

12.[PIE] You somehow think you were involved in Tu Pac's death[/PIE]

Nope

[PIE]13. You drive your car around the same spot for 10 years playing music that was out in '95[/PIE]

Nope

[PIE]14. You achieve A*'s in every subject and your parents tell you to STUDY HARDER[/PIE]

Nope. Our parents would give us all sorts of gifts for obtaining just one "A"

[PIE]15. Your car is better than your house[/PIE]

Maybe

[PIE]16. Universities let you in for Medicine just by looking at you[/PIE]

Dont think so

[PIE]17. There is a tub of "PRIDE GHEE" and a sack of "TILDA BASTMATI" in your hallway[/PIE]

Nope

[PIE]18. You are unable to open your front door because of the pile of shoes blocking the way[/PIE]

Yes.

[PIE]19. Your parents have a PANIC ATTACK when something dirty comes on t.v.[/PIE]

Nope

[PIE]20. A member of your family claims that they once used to live in the Taj Mahal[/PIE]

Nope

[PIE]21. You have to offer guests tea even before they've stepped into your house[/PIE]

Nope

[PIE]22. You address every other Asian person on the planet as "your cousin"[/PIE]

Nope

[PIE]23. Girls: Your brother thinks he's your dad[/PIE]

Yes

[PIE]24. Your wedding takes place in either a community centre or a crappy restaurant on Wilmslow Road[/PIE]

Nope

[PIE]25. You know how an Indian film will end even before it's started (but you still watch it)[/PIE]

Yes for almost all Malays...

[PIE]26. You're related to your doctor[/PIE]

Nope

[PIE]27. You go to a wedding with an empty car, but on the way back you end up giving the entire population of the wedding a lift home (and you haven't seen half of these people in your life)[/PIE]

Nope

[PIE]28. At school, your parents were never aware of Parents' Evening (...and if they did attend Parents' Evening and you got a bad report, you told them that the teachers were all racist)[/PIE]

Nope

[PIE]29. You arrive late at every party[/PIE]

Yes

[PIE]30. At weddings the cameraman only ever cameras you when you're eating[/PIE]

Nope

[PIE]31. Your parents find no criticisms in an Indian film where some guy jumps off a cliff and jumps back up again, people burst into song when their relatives are dying, evil politicians rule the world, and even the police don't give a crap (and then they wonder why you prefer to watch "Eastenders")[/PIE]

Yes...for many Malays

[PIE]32. At parties, you wear more glitter and sparkly bits than a Christmas tree[/PIE]

Yes

[PIE]33. You get over-excited when you see another Asian person on t.v. You are constantly being compared to every other Asian kid on the Planet[/PIE]

Nope

[PIE]34. You pronounce English words in a typical accent when speaking to your parents e.g. toilet: "Toylat"[/PIE]

Yes

[PIE]35. You never go to the library "to work"[/PIE]

Huh?

north_malaysian
07-23-2008, 03:43 AM
On behalf of all Malays

[PIE]1. you told your parents you got 98%, and they ask you what happened to the other two percent. [/PIE]

Nope. They would say "Alhamdulillah"

[PIE]2. There is a sale on any item, you buy 100 of them. [/PIE]

Well...10 not 100...

[PIE]3. When mail is a reinvestment... postage stamps are 're-used'[/PIE]

Nope

[PIE]4. You never buy bin bags, but use your saved grocery bags for it. [/PIE]

Yes

[PIE]5. You put your clothes in suitcases instead of wardrobes.[/PIE]

Nope

[PIE] 6. Your mother has a minor disagreement with her sister and doesn't talk to her for ten years. [/PIE]

In some families...yes

[PIE]7. You call an older person you've never met before "uncle". You hide everything from your parents. [/PIE]

Yes

[PIE]8. Your mother does everything for you if you are male. [/PIE]

Yes

[PIE]9. You do all the housework and cooking if you are female. Your relatives alone could populate a small city. [/PIE]

Yes

[PIE]10. Everyone is a family friend. [/PIE]

Yes

[PIE]11. You HAVE TO study law, medicine or engineering at university. [/PIE]

Hmmmm..nope

[PIE]12. You know no one who has studied music. [/PIE]

Yes

[PIE]13. You went to a university as close to your family as possible, yet you still came back home to live with your parents after you had finished. [/PIE]

Nope

[PIE]14. Your best friend got married at the age of 17. [/PIE]

Nope...too early (it's 20 something among the Malays)

[PIE]15. You use chilli sauce instead of tomato ketchup. [/PIE]

Yes...

[PIE]16. You fight over who pays the dinner bill (though you know secretley no one wants to pay cus brown ppl are cheap). [/PIE]

Yes

[PIE]17. You're dad starts arguing with you or gets into a fight with you and tries to speak english so fast that he does not make any sense.[/PIE]

Nope

[PIE]
18. You say you hate Indian films/songs but secretly
watch/hear them
[/PIE]

Nope

[PIE]19. you make a big >deal if you see a girl and guy talking [/PIE]

Nope

[PIE]20. You always say "open the light" instead of "turn the light on". [/PIE]

Yes

[PIE]21. You're walking out of customs with your trolley at the airport and u see all twenty-five members of your family who have come to pick you up. [/PIE]

Yes

[PIE]22. You go back to your parents' country and people treat you like a member of the royal family. [/PIE]

Yes

[PIE]
23. You ask your dad a simple question and he tells you story of how he had to walk miles barefoot just to get to school. When you were little you always wondered why your English friends waited until after breakfast to brush their teeth when you did it first thing in the morning
To your English friends, oil is used purely for cooking and not as a grooming aid
[/PIE]

Yes

[PIE]24. Your parents have nicknames but only because people they work with just stop when trying to read their names [/PIE]

Yes

[PIE]25. You have annoying >nicknames like Chotu, Chelam or Chicku [/PIE]

Nope

[PIE]26. Your parents call all your friends "Beta" (son/daughter) > Your mother measures wealth in gold and diamonds [/PIE]

Nope....the gold & diamonds - yes

[PIE]27. Your parents drink 3 cups of tea a day [/PIE]

Nope

[PIE]28. Your parents compare you to all of you friends. [/PIE]

Yes

[PIE]29. At least once a week your mom says, "I want to go to India/Pakistan/SriLanka " [/PIE]

Nope

[PIE]30. No one ever seems to call ahead of time to say they are coming over for a visit. [/PIE]

Yes

[PIE]31. Your parents worry what other people will think if you're not going to be a doctor/ engineer. [/PIE]

Maybe

[PIE]32. You're parent's always say while shopping abroad, "It's cheaper in India/Pakistan" [/PIE]

Malays always say "it's cheaper in Thailand and Indonesia than in Malaysia"

[PIE]33. Everytime you do something wrong your parents threaten to send you to India/Pakistan/SriLanka/Bangledesh when they cant afford it [/PIE]

Nope

[PIE]34. When you're at parties 'we're leaving now' means we'll leave in about 30 min[/PIE]

Yes

[PIE]35. You are never in time for parties/ your family parties last till 1 am [/PIE]

Yes....but no parties/events last till 1 AM

fantaxxy_moon
07-23-2008, 03:48 AM
nothing applies to me .. lol

adam123
07-23-2008, 06:32 PM
thanxxxsssssss fpr the comments......

Faye
07-23-2008, 09:08 PM

You had better be Asian.

islam786
07-24-2008, 07:06 PM
hahaha that is so funny most of them apply to most of my family.

Eeman
07-25-2008, 05:45 PM
lolllllllllll!
i think the thread title should be changed to 35 ways you know your a pakistani.

NO OFFENCE!

Eeman
07-25-2008, 05:56 PM
i must say no 24 makes me LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
wilmslow road typically paki!!!

Faye
07-27-2008, 09:35 AM
We have lived in Pakistan for 15 years, but are only half Pakistani.

Only about 5
No, though my youngest sister screams
Actually, we have more variety, Disprin, Calpol, Brufen and Paracetamol
Don't have TV, but even if we had: no:)
No
No. If we hire, we hire a van/bus. We are a 10 people family.
Don't have TV
No
No, we have a telephone at home, which is usually busy. And everybody has their mobile phones.
Yes. Sometimes you even find out its your own father:D
The weddings we go to don't usually involve dancing
I don't even know who he is.
Probably around the same spot, but usually no music.
Not my parents, but my teachers do.
No
No way. You need really good grades to get in for medicine
Yes for Basmati, no for Ghee.
There is a pile of shoes, but it is in and around the shoe rack. The door opens just fine
No TV, but probably not. They are NOT the panic attack type.
No
Its too hot for tea, but you do have to offer your guests drinks (after they enter)
The normal address is 'older brother', or 'uncle' but no, we don't use it.
No
Am not married.
No TV
Yes, she's my Aunt
Don't go to a lot of weddings, and no usually isn't room in the car for lifts.
They usually weren't, and no I told them the teacher had a grudge against me
Yes, but I am still usually one of the first people there.
Don't go
No TV, but they aren't stupid.
No
No
I have been told that I have an accent, but it is not specific to speaking with my parents.
Aren't many good libraries around, internet is better.

Al-Zaara
07-27-2008, 01:29 PM
Selam aleykum,

LOL those are really funny!

Though they don't really fit me, although a few did, but the "You know you're Albanian/Turkish when..." are much more fitting for this Balkan girl. :D

Like these tell my life story:
-You always say "Open the light" insted of "Turn the light on".

-You ask your dad a simple question and he tells you story of how he had to walk miles to get to school.

-You can separate seeds from their shells, with your teeth, at a rate of 100 per minute.

-You can spot another Turk a mile off...and you find yourself saying to your mates "yeah they're Turkish" wherever you go even if the people you're pointing out aren't.

-Your relatives alone could populate a small city

-You fight over who pays the dinner bill

-You get very upset when airlines refuses to accept your luggage which is 80 kg overweight

-You are always taking off and putting on your shoes wherever you go

- You talk with your guests at the door for 20-30 minutes when they are leaving

-You show your love and affection to people by physically hurting them
(esp. pinching, slapping, biting)

-Look around your house and you'll see "dantel" (little white designs) on top of various things. Mostly on TVs, dressers, and tables.

-After a certain age, old ladies in a mile radius will try to find a potential husband for you.

-You know you're Turkish when your mom never ever accepts the fact that you are not at all hungry.
-Your phone is always on silent

-You drink your tea from an hourglass-shaped glass… Without milk.

-You know at least one person who thinks yoghurt is the magical cure for every disease.

-You’ve spent a good deal of your life taking off your shoes as you walk into a house and putting on a pair of slippers.

-Your family would probably disown you if you became a vegetarian. No meat? What nonsense?

-You get offended by food labels in other countries labelling your own food ‘Greek feta’, ‘Greek yoghurt’ or ‘Greek humus’…

-You wouldn’t be able to talk if your hands were amputated.

Ayesha Rana
07-27-2008, 01:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faye
You had better be Asian.
lol hahaha!
Those points are hilarious

Mysterious Uk
07-27-2008, 04:51 PM
3. "Paracetamol" is your cure to every illness-

So true,the moto in our house:

Have any health problems? well no need to fear; paracetamol to the rescue.

Sahabiyaat
07-27-2008, 05:20 PM

u missed one

u secretly eat ding dongs, and then claim uve never heard of them :D

im eating a ding dong ryt now :D

Al-Zaara
07-27-2008, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Uk

It's Aspirin in our house. ;D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-27-2008, 10:06 PM
Is it only asians that suitcases on top of the wardrobes?

S_87
07-27-2008, 10:29 PM
1 and 3 is me. Though not quite 50 people go to the airport

and yes i take paracetamols for everything.

u missed one

u secretly eat ding dongs, and then claim uve never heard of them
oooh my a friend introduced me to ding dongs and i love them! shame they dont sell in the UK :(

fatima_01
07-27-2008, 11:40 PM
28 is the bestttttt hahaa

Eeman
07-28-2008, 02:32 AM
I love this post and find it hilarious but unfortunately there are not many things that i as a persian can relate to... so im going to do one on behalf of the persians,

ways you know that you are persian.

1: when your parents or the elders try to speak english and stretch their words so much that it sounds like they're singing a nursery rhyme in a retarded way.

2:your house phone is forever engaged cos your mother or sister is always on the phone gossiping.

3: when you have at least 3 female members in your immediate family with dyed peroxide blonde hair.

4: there is at least one evil eye bracelet that you own.

5: when your invited to a gathering, everyone has made sure that they have put on all the labels that they have in their wardbrobes from head to toe no matter how old and tatty those gucci shoes of theirs are.

6: if your child is in uni studying a degree in pyschology, you tell people that they are doing a phd.

7: a member of your family claims that your related to the late shah (king)

8: Your mum or aunt or a member of your family have semi permanent make up tatoos.

9: when asked about your ethnic background, you claim to be arabic.

10: someone that you know a family friend or relative claims they have seen jesus in a dream and has converted into christianity.

11: the only time you listen to the Qur'an is in funerals.

12: half the population of your male relatives or family friends are called Reza.

Faye
07-28-2008, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
-You always say "Open the light" insted of "Turn the light on".

-You ask your dad a simple question and he tells you story of how he had to walk miles to get to school.

- You talk with your guests at the door for 20-30 minutes when they are leaving

-You show your love and affection to people by physically hurting them
(esp. pinching, slapping, biting)

-After a certain age, old ladies in a mile radius will try to find a potential husband for you.
All of these apply to Pakistanis as well, except its your grandfather who tells the story of walking miles to school.

Al-Zaara
07-29-2008, 08:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faye
All of these apply to Pakistanis as well, except its your grandfather who tells the story of walking miles to school.
Haha. :D Here are some more that fit to my kind:

- You don't use measuring cups when cooking

- Your mom never throws away left-overs, she gives them to your dad at night or the next day

- You always try moving out of home but always end up returning

- Your mother can make yogurt from nothing

- Grape leaves make a great dinner

- You put salt in your food before you taste it (my Mum does this all the time!)

Nawal89
07-29-2008, 08:22 AM
^I do that too. Always throw in the salt first then taste. If its too salty u just add in more of whatever else :D

Al-Zaara
07-29-2008, 08:25 AM
^ LOL I can't stand it, I'm quite picky when it comes to such. :blind:

cute123
07-29-2008, 12:48 PM
simply funny and mostly go with all of us in the family

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-29-2008, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Haha. :D Here are some more that fit to my kind:

- You don't use measuring cups when cooking

- Your mom never throws away left-overs, she gives them to your dad at night or the next day

- Your mother can make yogurt from nothing

- You put salt in your food before you taste it (my Mum does this all the time!)

lol I thought that was only with my fam.

heres a few more:

• You dont throw away containers once they've emptied
  • You eat food soon as the guests have left
  • your always told about how successful other cousins your age are
  • Your parents worry too much about what other people are going to think
  • your relatives ask you the same questions every time they see you i.e. what are you studying, where are you working
  • Your given loads of money for eid by relatives but have to give most of it back to parents so they can give it to their children

Al-Zaara
07-29-2008, 08:16 PM
You eat food soon as the guests have left
Haha, very true with my family aswell! I simply forget to eat altogether when guests are there. We stuff them with food and lovingly watch them eat. ;D If they don't wanna eat, we burst out in tears. ;D

qassy!
07-31-2008, 01:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Uk

its paracetamol in our house....but in my room i keep Nurofen :)

qassy!
07-31-2008, 01:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
lol I thought that was only with my fam.

heres a few more:

• You dont throw away containers once they've emptied
  • You eat food soon as the guests have left
  • your always told about how successful other cousins your age are
  • Your parents worry too much about what other people are going to think
  • your relatives ask you the same questions every time they see you i.e. what are you studying, where are you working
lol that alllllll applies 2 me looll

Ansariyah
07-31-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm not asian..but I can relate to some of the stuff posted...
very amusing.

aadil77
07-31-2008, 10:20 PM
oh god this one is hilarioussssssss :D, applies to all indians who must have a mersadeyy or bmw even if it is an old **** one!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.