/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Psalms

Whatsthepoint
07-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Do Muslims believe Psalms found in the Bible are authentic or (partially) altered as the rest of the Bible.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SixTen
07-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Basing it on having listened to a particular nasheed by Talib Habib (#torah, psalms and gospels and the source of all guidaaance THE GLOOORIOUS QUR'AN# or smthing like that), I would say yes muslims believe their was an original psalms (although, probably not the current one).

Whatsthepoint
07-21-2008, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SixTen
Basing it on having listened to a particular nasheed by Talib Habib (#torah, psalms and gospels and the source of all guidaaance THE GLOOORIOUS QUR'AN# or smthing like that), I would say yes muslims believe their was an original psalms (although, probably not the current one).
I'm quite sure they believe there once was an unaltered books of psalms, there are several verses in the Quran about it, but as you figured out I'm interested in the current one.

SixTen
07-21-2008, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
I'm quite sure they believe there once was an unaltered books of psalms, there are several verses in the Quran about it, but as you figured out I'm interested in the current one.
If current, no - if it was of any value today it would have been widely used by muslims - which is quite absent.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
07-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Salaam/peace;

format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
I'm quite sure they believe there once was an unaltered books of psalms, .

Muslims beleive Prophet David / Dawud (p) was blessed with a holy book...we call it Jabur/ Jaboor.

All previous holy books before Quran became corrupted. So , no , it's not exactly the same holy book that Prophet Dawud (p) got from God Almighty.

Keltoi
07-23-2008, 06:16 PM
However, there is no evidence of any other "version" of Psalms besides the one that exists. Just as there is no evidence of any lost writings by Jesus as alleged in the Qu'ran. They are both faith issues and not based on any concrete evidence that such texts actually existed. Not trying to be insulting or anything, just thought it was necessary to point out in the context of this thread.

Muslim Woman
07-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Salaam/peace;

The Psalms (Zaboor) of David:

It also mentions the Psalms, called "Zaboor":

And verily We have written in the Psalms, after the Reminder: My righteous slaves will inherit the earth

(Al-Anbiyaa' 21:105).
few related links:

Scriptures Before the Qur'an

The Revelation of the Bible

The History of the Bible and the Qur'an

Protecting the Qur'an

References of Muhammad in the Torah

http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/...=1157365884857

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!