/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Karadzic arrested

Whatsthepoint
07-21-2008, 09:40 PM
BELGRADE, Serbia (AP) — Top war crimes fugitive Radovan Karadzic has been arrested, the office of Serbia's president said Monday.

ap logo?hlen -

Click the images

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Whatsthepoint
07-22-2008, 02:48 PM

Serbian Officials Provide Details on Arrest of Karadzic

PARIS — Radovan Karadzic, one of the world’s most wanted war criminals until his arrest on genocide charges , disguised himself to live and work in Belgrade as practitioner of alternative medicine, “freely walking in the city,” Serbian authorities said Tuesday.

Senior Serbian officials gave their version of his arrest, which was announced late Monday, at a televised news conference in Belgrade on Tuesday but took no questions.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/23/wo...ab9&ei=5087%0A

AlbanianMuslim
07-22-2008, 02:50 PM
as evil as he is and deserved to be captured, the ONLY reason Serbia has "arrested"
him is because they are trying to get into the EU so they can block Kosovos enterence.
This is just a ploy to help them get into the EU.

Whatsthepoint
07-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Come on, guys, isn't anyone interested in this? Karadzic killed tens of thousands of Muslims.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Fishman
07-22-2008, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint

PARIS — Radovan Karadzic, one of the world’s most wanted war criminals until his arrest on genocide charges , disguised himself to live and work in Belgrade as practitioner of alternative medicine, “freely walking in the city,” Serbian authorities said Tuesday.
:sl:
Just goes to show that alternative medicine requires no qualifications whatsoever...
:w:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-22-2008, 10:46 PM
How long ago was it when he killed so many Muslim, im relly not clued up about this.

Fishman
07-22-2008, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
How long ago was it when he killed so many Muslim, im relly not clued up about this.
Early 1990s, in the break up of Yugoslavia.

Keltoi
07-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Many Serbian nationalists were very upset by this arrest. I'm glad they got the guy, and I hope his trial is speedy enough that he won't pass away before the sentence is handed out.

Fishman
07-22-2008, 11:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Many Serbian nationalists were very upset by this arrest.
Serb nationalists are bad...

BlissfullyJaded
07-23-2008, 12:20 AM

Cool... But yeah, I won't be surprised if he passes away before the sentence.

May Allah grant justice to his victims on the Day of Qiyaamah. Ameen.

Al-Zaara
07-23-2008, 06:57 AM
^ Amiin!!!

format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Come on, guys, isn't anyone interested in this? Karadzic killed tens of thousands of Muslims.
I couldn't first bare myself to see his face... This just brings back it all, everything I know of the whole war and those who suffered.

But as much as I hate him, I equally hate those that followed orders.

format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Just goes to show that alternative medicine requires no qualifications whatsoever...
In many places for sure, but most certainly in Serbia.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.