/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Radical Imam Promotes Pro-Islamic Ad Campaign to Run on New York Subways

Uthman
07-22-2008, 08:22 AM
NEW YORK — A Muslim group, in collaboration with a Brooklyn imam once investigated as a possible co-conspirator in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, paid $48,000 to run Islamic advertisements on the city's subway cars this September.

The ad campaign — known as the "Subway Project" — was designed to inform people about Islam and dispel common misconceptions about the religion, a representative for the Islamic Circle of North America told FOXNews.com. The story was first reported Monday in the New York Post.

But the effort to plaster 1,000 subway cars with pro-Islamic messages has given new life to the controversy that has surrounded the radical imam, Siraj Wahhaj, who is promoting the campaign.

Wahhaj was once listed by prosecutor Andy McCarthy as an unindicted person who may have been an alleged co-conspirator in the deadly 1993 terror bombing of the World Trade Center.

The imam appeared recently in a YouTube video praising the Subway Project's objective. In the video, Wahhaj says: "Every day in this city, some 4.9 million people ride the subways ... Imagine them seeing the word Muhammad. Imagine them seeing the word Islam ...This is one of the greatest projects I've ever seen."

Click here to see the video on YouTube.

In 1995, Wahhaj, a U.S.-born Muslim convert, provided supportive testimony for Omar Abdel-Rahman, the "blind sheik" who later received a life sentence for his role in the plot to blow up city landmarks.

"In time, this so-called democracy will crumble, and there will be nothing, and the only thing that will remain will be Islam," Wahhaj was quoted as saying in one of his sermons.

Aaron Donovan, spokesman for the state Metropolitan Transportation Authority, confirmed to FOXNews.com that the Islamic Circle had signed a contract to run the ads on 1,000 subway cars during the month of Ramadan.

When asked if the MTA knew of Wahhaj's background before signing the contract, Donovan declined to comment on the imam specifically.

"As part of the process, we review the ad and go to the Web site to make sure there is no inappropriate content and decided in this case there was not," he said.

Wahhaj told FOXNew.com on Monday that the group asked him to appear in their promotional video.

"I'm not the originator of this campaign," Wahhaj said. “I don’t want to distract from what this group is trying to do. My background is not a distraction, but people’s interpretation of my background might be a distraction.”

Wahhaj, who reportedly once called the FBI and CIA the "real terrorists," told FOXNew.com that he had no involvement in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing or in a plot to target New York City landmarks.

“Law enforcement has never come to me and asked me any questions about any of these allegations. I have never participated in any planning against this nation,” he said.

A representative of the Islamic Circle, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told FOXNews.com that the purpose of the campaign is not to convert people to Islam.

In response to questions about Wahhaj, the representative said, "Maybe he’s used some words that are creating some kind of misunderstanding, but he’s trying to create harmony and peace between people of different faiths.”

The black-and-white ads are set to come in pairs asking "Q: Prophet Muhammad?" or "Q: Islam?" with the answer "A: You deserve to know," according to the New York Post.

Subway riders curious to know more are encouraged to call a toll-free phone number or visit the organization's Web site, the Post reports.

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The_Prince
07-22-2008, 09:18 AM
ah the same 93 bombing in which the FBI gave the bombs and helped facilitate the attack which is documented for you to go and see and hear..........ah!

Izyan
07-22-2008, 12:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
ah the same 93 bombing in which the FBI gave the bombs and helped facilitate the attack which is documented for you to go and see and hear..........ah!
Where's your proof for that?

The_Prince
07-22-2008, 03:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Izyan
Where's your proof for that?
ah man he doesnt even know about it :(

go reasearch the case, this is OFFICIAL , as the informant working with the 'terrorists' recorded all the fone calls and were played, the FBI gave him the bombs and told him to tell the terrorists where to put the bombs etc etc etc it was all FBI planned with some foolish dupes. just go search it and you will see.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
07-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Please remember that conspiracy theories are not allowed, and this is also going off-topic.

The_Prince
07-22-2008, 03:56 PM
the fbi knew about the plot the WHOLE TIME and stood back and did NOTHING and its all on tape, 93 bombing was a false flag operation that didnt do good, so 2 years later the oklahoma city bombing had a good effect and brought in new terror legislations etc and taking peoples freedoms away

The_Prince
07-22-2008, 03:58 PM
this isnt a conspiracy theory, see this is the problem, no one knows the truth and thinks these type of things are 'theories' well how is the New York Times for you? :

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...53C1A965958260

offcourse this is abit watered down version but still is enough to prove this was a false flag operation where the FBI stood back and did nothing for obvious purposes.

Woodrow
07-22-2008, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
the fbi knew about the plot the WHOLE TIME and stood back and did NOTHING and its all on tape, 93 bombing was a false flag operation that didnt do good, so 2 years later the oklahoma city bombing had a good effect and brought in new terror legislations etc and taking peoples freedoms away
May or may not be true. But, that is a seperate issue and should be in a different thread.

Now, let us return to and stay on the topic of this thread.

The_Prince
07-22-2008, 04:04 PM
isnt it funny that how all terrorist attacks always have inteligance agencies linked? everytime you check the terrorists out you find each one of them has links with the FBI, CIA, or MI5.

for instance the guy who planned the 7-7 attacks and who was wanted by the CIA was working for MI6 at the time! you can watch this on FOX NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! offcourse they said ohhh he was a double agent who fooled the british inteligance services, puhlease man give us a break. the reality is this folks, every major terrorist attack that you have seen from NYC 1, NYC 2, Africa, Spain, and London have all been false flag operations. this isnt conspiracy theory at all, this is basic news if anyone decided to read abit more which none of us ever want to do.

heck heres a Q to all of you, has there EVER BEEN AN OFFICIAL INVESTIGATION INTO 9-11? guess what folks, there hasnt! the biggest crime in American history has never been investigated.

im not trying to swerve topics, as this is related to the main thread, this innocent Muslims is being accused of things he has no part in, rather the people who have a hand in these things are the CIA, FBI, MI5, AND MI6 all of which is documented, yet they are never questioned. why?

Cabdullahi
07-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Brother the rules of the forum states no conspiracy theories,we have to obey this even if these theories are true,i personally look at it from another angle, basically what i get from the media and what i get from conspiracy theories is like 2 fictional stories,with one being ridiculously silly(media) and the other somewhat interesting and realistic(conspiracy theories) but the truth,allah only knows

The_Prince
07-22-2008, 04:09 PM
also the Muslim in the article calls the CIA and FBI the real terrorists, hence i am proving his claims! so its all related when you think of it.

The_Prince
07-22-2008, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
Brother the rules of the forum states no conspiracy theories,we have to obey this even if these theories are true,i personally look at it in from another angle, basically what i get from the media and what i get from conspiracy theories is like 2 fictional stories,with one being ridiculously silly(media) and the other somewhat interesting and realistic(conspiracy theories) but the truth,allah only knows
this isnt a theoryyyyyyyyyyyy its on tapeeeeeee recorded by the informant himself! the informant recorded the fone calls and played them. the FBI knew what was going on, and did nothing at all, they stood back watched, they controlled everything.

the reason why this sounds as a conspiracy is because we are all brainwashed into thinking HEY! how can the FBI ever do such a thing! its impossible this is only in the movies! but hey this is the sad truth and the audio tapes are there and so is the above link from the New York Times.

so i agree with the forum rules, conspiracy theories= no no, like Iraq having WMD'S thats a lovely conspiracy theory that we should ban on site.

Woodrow
07-22-2008, 06:14 PM
This is a very difficult thread to keep on topic and may open the doors to justify conspiracy theories.

:threadclo:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.